Fifty seven (2 days till Christmas)

Just Leave Me Alone

"So you're really not coming?"

"Even if i wanted to, i can't. I gotta help out with the shop."

 "You and that shop." Yena rolled her eyes and sighed.

Jihae looked at her in surprise. "I work there. I have no choice."

"Actually you do."

"Whatever." Jihae laughed and drank the rest of her coffee.

"But seriously, why do you like spending so much time at that cafe? Is it that great?"

"Honestly, i don't know either. I just .. do." Jihae smiled.

Jihae and Yena got up and walked out of uni and were heading to the bus stop.

"Perhaps.. new guy?" Yena slowly grinned expecting Jihae to roll her eyes.

Jihae looked at Yena and didn't know how to answer her.

She wanted to say no but lying to her bestfriend wasn't the greatest idea.

"I actually dont know."

Yena gasped and flung her hand over .

"WHAT?!"

Jihae laughed and Yena was still in shock.

"YOU.. BUT.. THAT.."

"Let me explain."

On the way to Yena's place, Jihae told Yena everything about Junhyung. Even about the first time they met until now.

Yena was quite speechless but listened to every word carefully.

As soon as they walked into Yena's place, they walked up to Yena's room.

"But Jihae.. Are you sure you don't want to talk about .. Jinki?"

Jihae sat down on Yena's bed and frowned.

"There's no need to talk about him."

Yena walked over and sat down next to Jihae.

"Are you sure?" Jihae quickly nodded but Yena ignored it. "You gotta stop lieing to me. Just tell me honestly, please?"

Yena looked at Jihae with her most saddest puppy eyes, making Jihae feel bad.

Jihae sighed and flopped down on the bed.

"What do you want to know?"

Yena slowly grinned.

CHYEAH!

"Well, what happened on the day at the airport?"

Jihae sighed and closed her eyes, remembering every detail of that day.

"Well.. I went to go look for him and when i finally found him.. he just left me there."

Yena could feel anger bubbling inside her but decided not to say anything.

"It didn't make sense. He was understanding me until i told him not to go. He just suddenly changed and left. Without even looking back."

Jihae sat up and wiped her eyes.

"It still doesn't make sense to me but i choose to ignore it and move on."

Jihae could feel her eyes watering up again.

"The fact that someone important left me again, i just .. want to forget it all. Forget him. My dad. Mina. My mum. Everything."

Yena reached out and grabbed onto Jihae's hand.

"Sorry to break it to you, but i'm not going to go anywhere."

Jihae softly chuckled and wiped her tears.

"Call me crazy but .. i actually thought Jinki could of possibly felt the way i did. Maybe even a little. After spending our highschool years, i just thought, at least something could of been there. But i was wrong all along."

Yena uncomfortably looked away but didn't say anything.

Yena wanted to tell Jihae everything but she knew she wasn't allowed.

Jihae sighed and played with Yena's sheets.

"Now are we done with this topic?"

But Yena still wasn't done.

"Do you still love Jinki?"

Jihae slowly looked up into Yena's eyes and smiled.

"Yeah. I still do."

Yena could feel her chest tightening. She hated seeing her bestfriend like this. Heartbroken.

"I know you might not want to hear this or even listen to me but please, don't give up."

Jihae frowned a little and tilted her head to one side.

"What do you mean? Jinki doesn't love me at all and i've already decided to let go and move on."

Yena was about to argue back but Jihae blocked her ears with her hands.

"I'm not listening!"

Jihae quickly got up and ran to the bathroom.

As soon as she closed the door, Jihae leaned against the door and deeply sighed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jihae walked into the cafe and looked around.

The cafe was all decorated and finished. It looked perfect.

Jihae smiled and nodded.

Junhyung suddenly popped up beside Jihae and followed her gaze.

"We did a pretty good job, aye?"

Jihae grinned. "You mean, i did."

Junhyung acted like he was deeply offended and slowly walked to the staffroom to get changed.

Jihae laughed and ran after Junhyung while jumping on his back.

"We are so ready for Christmas!" Junhyung laughed while piggy-backing Jihae.