twenty two guesses

Just Leave Me Alone

As soon as Jihae walked into the classroom Taemin called out to her.

"Jihae! Over here!" Taemin grinned and waved at her.

"Good to see the old you back." Jihae smiled and walked off to her desk.

Class started and another normal day went by. Jihae started going home with Kibum and Jonghyun since they lived right next to each other.

Jihae and Jonghyun were still awkward so Kibum had to do most of the talking.

"Hey, i just remembered. Doesn't Minho live above us? How come i never see him these days?"

Kibum thought for a second then he clicked his fingers.

"He has soccer practice early in the morning and afternoon. That's probably why you never see him." Kibum smiled and continued walking.

Jihae slowed down a little and looked back at the school.

He must be tired.

"Jihae! You coming or not?" Kibum called out to her.

"Coming!" Jihae jogged up to them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jihae you home?"

Jihae stopped cleaning and stood up.

"Just come in!" Jihae called out to the person outside.

Kibum slowly opened the door and peeked in.

"Something wrong?" Jihae looked at him curiously.

Kibum shook his head and slowly walked in.

"I was just wondering.. if you.. wanna have dinner with us?" Kibum grinned nervously, thinking he was gonna get turned down.

Jihae thought for a moment and realised she was actually pretty hungry from all the cleaning she did.

Jihae shrugged her shoulders. "Sure, why not."

Kibum smiled and clapped his hands together.

"Great! Well just come by at 7. See you then okay? Better come! Okay bye!" Kibum grinned and ran out.

Jihae chuckled to herself and decided to go have a shower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jihae couldn't stop glaring at Kibum at the dinner table. Kibum was obviously not trying to make eye contact with her.

Right across Jihae was Jinki.

Jihae was about to leave but Kibum was too quick and quickly dragged her inside.

Kibum and Jonghyun were happily chatting and loosening the atmosphere but Jinki hasn't said a word since Jihae appeared so Jihae decided not to speak either.

Kibum could sense the tension between Jihae and Jinki.

He quickly cleared his throat and asked if anyone wanted any drinks. Jonghyun yelled out ME and Jinki just nodded and smiled. Jihae just continued eating.

Jihae couldn't take it anymore.

She put on her most tired-est face and stood up.

"Hey, you know, i think i'm not feeling that well. so i'm just gonna head back. if that's alright?"

Kibum turned around and glared at her. He knew she was faking it.

Kibum faked a smile and laughed nervously.

"Of course Jihae! Dont worry, go have a rest and i'll be seeing YOU tomorrow at school."

Jihae poked her tongue out when Jinki and Jonghyun weren't looking.

"Yeah, thanks for the dinner Jonghyun and KIBUM." Jihae grabbed her phone and made her way to the front door.

"Bye Jihae."

Jihae stopped walking and turned around.

Jinki was smiling at her from the dinner table.

Jihae forced a smile again. "Bye Jinki."

As soon as Jihae was outside, she finally started breathing normally.

This has got to stop.

Jihae was about to walk back into her house when she heard footsteps behind her.

Jihae spun around and saw Minho staring at her.

"Jihae? What are you doing here?"

Oh yeah, he doesn't know.

"Hey, um, yeah i live here now." Jihae slowly raised her shoulders and smiled.

Minho suddenly broke out into a grin. "No way! Does that mean you live next to Kibum and Jonghyun?"

Jihae nodded.

"Cooool. Well um i was on my way to meet them but guess it can wait. Come to my place for abit."

Jihae shrugged and followed Minho to the elevator.

Jihae walked into Minho's place and looked around. Very clean and modern for a guy who lives by himself.

"You live alone?" Jihae poked her head around the corner and realised she was looking into Minho's room.

"Nope, i live with parents. You?" Minho covered her eyes with his hand and lead her to the living room.

"Alone. And sorry about that." Jihae blushed a little but quickly looked away so Minho couldn't see.

Jihae slowly walked over to a shelf with pictures of Minho and his parents.

The little Minho was in the middle of his parents, grinning while his parents are smiling with him.

Jihae couldn't help but feel a little upset and .. jealous.

"They don't look like me, aye?" Minho came up next to her.

Jihae smiled. "No, you have the same smile as your mum."

Minho carefully looked at Jihae's smile. Something wasn't right.

"She's beautiful. Guess i know where you got your looks from." Jihae laughed a little but could tell it came out fake.

Jihae hoped Minho didn't realise and moved onto another photo.

Jihae was about to make another funny comment when Minho suddenly hugged her from the back.

Jihae stopped breathing for a moment and stayed still.

What...

"Just stay like this for abit. I know you need it." Minho muttered under his breath.

Jihae shut her eyes and frowned.

"I have to go." Jihae took his arms off her and walked out of his house.

As soon as Jihae got back, she ran to her bed and fell on top of it.

Jihae could feel her face burning up.

Dammit.. he saw right through me.