1/3

Side Business

Kyuhyun stuffed his frozen hands into his pocket, seeking warmth as he waited outside the small restaurant. It was getting too chilly and he had just the usual suit which hardly helped to keep the cold draft away. Damn it, he cursed to himself. Should have taken up on that idiot’s offer to wait inside the tiny ramen eating place instead of standing out here. He had taken a one round thorough check around the restaurant when they first arrived to ascertain that that there could only be one entrance and exit before excusing himself to stay guard outside, cutting off the playboy in mid-sentence with a wave of his hand dismissively.

 

“Mr Cho?” Kyuhyun turned when his name was called to face Henry, Siwon’s personal assistant, who held out a navy blue peacoat, Siwon’s Burberry navy blue peacoat to be precise. “Mr Choi said you will be needing this.”

 

Kyuhyun swung his head and looked through the window, his eyes catching Siwon’s, who nodded at him with a half smirk on his face. Setting his mouth into a grim line, he said flatly as he kept his hands in his pocket, “Tell Mr Choi that the coat is too expensive for a common man like me.”

 

“But…” Henry stuttered but quickly turned to walk back into the restaurant when he saw Kyuhyun flashing his angry eyes at him.

 

It is official.  Kyuhyun dislikes Siwon. If truth be told, he hates to be within a one metre radius of the said man.  He was not sure why but from the first day he officially assumed his duty, Choi Siwon seemed to make it his personal agenda to irritate him, grabbing any opportunity to with ual innuendos and often intruding into his personal space, standing closer to him than necessary. After almost punching the playboy and trading endless sarcastic remarks, Kyuhyun learnt that it would be best to fake ignorance and keep quiet so that the irritant would lose interest and focus on something else. He had consoled himself that his mission would be ending soon and so would never need to see the heir again. But they are now into their second month and he is still here.

 

Just as he was wondering what he did wrong to deserve such an unfortunate mission, Kyuhyun noticed Siwon making his way out of the eating place, arms around his newest plaything, an angelic male model. Straightening himself up, he moved into position, standing infront of the whispering couple. He glanced backwards for a check and found the couple hugging yet himself staring straight at Siwon’s penetrating eyes which were clearly focused on him. Cursing under his breath, he quickly averted his eyes, wishing the playboy would pay more attention on the model instead.  Probably just with him cos of his money and affluence, he thought as he stepped forward to the pavement when he spotted the Bentley about 100 metres away.

 

"Mr Choi, your car is here," Kyuhyun announced calmly as he slid into the passenger seat. He was surprised to see Siwon getting into the car with Henry, leaving the model at the sidewalk. He had expected the playboy to ask the driver to bring them to one of his villas for an overnight rendezvous.

 

“Mr Choi would like to go to his officer,” Henry informed the driver and proceeded to work on some documents on his personal tablet.

 

“Surprised?” Kyuhyun bristled as he felt a warm breath at his nape.

 

“I am serious about my work, you know,” Siwon spoke softly in his low voice as he inhaled the scent from Kyuhyun’s hair,” But if it is you, I will gladly drop everything.”

 

Kyuhyun wisely kept his mouth shut and shifted away towards the front with Siwon letting out a throaty laugh behind him.

 

Well, the only thing that Kyuhyun had to begrudgingly agree about the heir was that he worked as hard as he played. At work, the playboy ensured he put in 110% effort, often closing difficult deals with his glib tongue and sharp business acumen and staying close to the ground, engaging in conversation with all levels, including the cashiers and cleaners even. It is no wonder he was well respected by his staff.

 

“Erm, Mr Choi?” Henry suddenly asked, uncertainly,” My mother…erm…called…and she is not feeling well, do you think I …”

 

“Take the car after you drop me,” Siwon cut in and took a sideways glance at Kyuhyun who looked back at him with a blank stare. He refused to react to give the playboy any chance to .

 

“Thank you, Mr Choi” Henry said gratefully and bowed a little.

 

 

10 minutes later

As the Bentley drove away, Kyuhyun stood behind Siwon who suddenly whirled around causing their noses to almost touch. Kyuhyun took a small step back, putting some distance between the two of them and frowned.

 

“Do you hate me this much, Kyuhyun? ”asked Siwon in a gentle tone, one that Kyuhyun had never heard before.

 

Slightly taken aback, Kyuhyun answered straightforwardly,” Unfortunately, yes.”

 

“Hate is such a strong emotion so I cannot help but feel that you must have feelings for me,” Siwon continued, his voice low and husky as his black, black eyes bore into Kyuhyun’s.

 

“Mr Choi, I dislike you, period,” Kyuhyun responded, trying not to show his irritation at the heir’s absurd logic.

 

“Ah… there is only a slight difference between love and hate, Kyu…again if you hate me,that must means you must already somewhat love me, yah?” Siwon smiles and lifted a hand towards a shocked Kyuhyun, intending to caress him no doubt.

 

As Kyuhyun grabbed and twisted the large hand, his eagle eyes spotted a tiny red dot trained on Siwon’s forehead. “Move,” he whispered as his professionalism kicked in. Without missing a beat, he pushed Siwon against the wall, shielding him with his own body. “We are being targeted at the front of the office, calling for reinforcements, will keep the target moving.” Kyuhyun barked into his tracking device and continued to steer Siwon along the pathway, his body blocking Siwon from being seen so obviously, his eyes continuously scanning his surroundings, looking out for any suspicious shadows. He knew he got to keep Siwon moving in order for the assassins to not be able to lock on him and was glad that just behind his office block is a big activity square, often bustling with people, even late into the night.

 

Kyuhyun instinctively pushed Siwon down on the hard pavement when he hears a shot. “!” he cursed, looking worriedly at the older man below him, “Mr Choi! Are you hurt?”

 

Siwon shook his head “Guessed they missed me, what about you?”

 

Kyuhyun quickly got up on his two feet with Siwon following suit. “We need to be with the crowd to diverge their attention, follow me.”

 

The heir nodded and walked briskly ahead with Kyuhyun at his heels, heading into a crowd of people, standing around to enjoy a music performance by the street buskers. Falling in step with Siwon, Kyuhyun held him at the waist, guiding his steps, “We need to move and try to blend in with the crowd.”

 

“Easy, let’s just pretend we are on a date then,” Siwon his lips as Kyuhyun turned to him, an incredulous look on his face. The playboy slipped his arms naturally around Kyuhyun’ shoulders and with the other free hand he cupped the policeman’s face, ghosting his fingers on the cheeks. “I think I might be falling in love with you, Kyu.”

 

Even though Kyuhyun was shell shocked by the unexpected confession, he still maintained his composure and noticed two suspicious men appearing, their eyes darting about, no doubt searching for someone or something. “Don’t look up or around, they are at our right, three o’clock.”

 

Siwon took the opportunity as Kyuhyun surveyed the surroundings to nuzzle his head at the crook of his neck, whispering just below his ears, “Then I would have to hide my face…please lead me.”

 

“What?” Kyuhyun responded, a slight increase in his voice pitch, the tiny hairs on his neck seemed to raise up when Siwon’s sniffed at him. Not an entirely unpleasant experience, he might add. Getting a hold of himself, Kyuhyun allowed Siwon to rest his head against his neck and steered them away, hoping for their reinforcement to arrive soon.

 

“Kyuhyun, walk south, 15 metres, we will be there to support. Now.” Kyuhyun heaved a sigh of relief as he strode purposefully towards his intended destination. A shot suddenly rang out, breaking the calm atmosphere with loud screams and confusion in all directions. Kyuhyun’s eyes met Kangin’s from a short distance away, pushing Siwon towards the rest of his team who had promptly surround them, Kyuhyun talks urgently into his device,” Protect him, I will go after them, I recognize them.”

 

“No!” Siwon held Kyuhyun’s arm with a strong grip, his calloused fingers digging into the soft flesh of Kyuhyun’s arm,” You go with me.”

 

Kyuhyun threw Siwon a backward glance as he managed to get free, “I will be ok.” Taking out his gun to it, he crept stealthily, mingling with the shaken crowd, eyes peeled for the men whose faces he had memorized.

 

“Please, Mr Choi, follow us,” Kangin said firmly, “Your safety is our priority… and Kyuhyun can take care of himself.”

 

Nodding his head once, Siwon allowed himself to be guided forward, however before he took his second step, something prompted him to look back at the quick disappearing figure of Kyuhyun. His eyes widened as he spotted two figures with similar caps and darkened glasses making their way, from opposite sides, almost reaching Kyuhyun. Breaking into a quick run, he ignored the shouts and outstretched hands of the protection team, his only concern on his mind was to reach Kyuhyun before those bastards did.

 

“ Kyu!” Siwon screamed as he lunged himself at Kyuhyun, hugging him from behind, dropping their bodies to the floor. Kyuhyun struggled to get free, surprised by the warmth behind him and gasped as two shots then followed by another three rang out, near his ears. Hurried footsteps stopped next to him and the next thing he knew, his body was being hulled up.

 

 “Kyu, you ok?” Kangin asked him, concerned. The next thing his team leader said caused his heart to almost stop beating. “Mr Choi is injured.”

 

 

40 min later in the private office of the Siwon

Kyuhyun pressed his lips together as the doctor took his leave after patching up a Siwon who fortunately had just a bullet grazing his arm.

 

Ignoring his team in the room, Kyuhyun marched up to Siwon who was sitting on his couch. Hands on his waist, he barked out “What in the freaking world are you doing, Choi Siwon?”

 

Silence

 

“Don’t ing mess with our operations! Who do you think you are! A ing moron?” he continued to rattle on, his anger rising rapidly in him.

 

As all eyes turned to Siwon, the heir got up from the couch and stood in front of Kyuhyun, their bodies too close for comfort. Kyuhyun refused to back away, squaring up his shoulders, waiting for the sting. Looking at Kyuhyun straight int his eyes, Siwon said a matter of factly, not bothering even if others could hear him, “I am not…about to let someone I love and care about get hurt.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

heh....let me know what you think.