July

The Summer I was 18

 

"How about it Changmin-ah? Want to be my boyfriend?" Yunho had this smile on his face, gentle yet reserved. Like he thought I would reject him if given half a chance.

Do I want to be his boyfriend? Hell yes.

I've wanted him in my bed for nearly a year now, crushing on him for even longer. But it isn't a matter of what I want. What if Yunho's only offering because I what I had said previously, or he is like one of those bad guys you read about in novels that date to then leave?

Okay, that is a little harsh but still. What about that girly guy I watched him … with all those months ago, what happened to him?

Even then, I'm leaving at the end of August. If we do start dating and I fall in love, what happens when I leave and he doesn't want to continue? What if while I'm off in college he finds someone else?

What if…

"Changmin?" Yunho's voice broke through my thoughts, stopping the endless stream of what if's. Looking up, I saw him staring at me with concerned eyes. "If you don't want to, I understand. I mean I am older than you and…"

Honestly him being older than me is not an issue at all, in fact it’s part of the reason I want him with as much intensity that I do. He's older, more experienced, not at all like those cocky idiots in my class.

Yunho was still rambling about all the (imaginary) reasons that I wouldn't want to be his boyfriend and I just wanted to shut him up. Luckily for me, Yunho had taught me a very useful method just minutes before.

Gathering my courage, I closed the distance between us, grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him. I could feel him moan the moment our lips connected and I didn't even bother to suppress the shiver that ran down my spine at the sound. As my hands left his face to connect behind his head, the rear of my mind commented on how easy it was to kiss him since we were about the same height. Yunho moved so that his hands could tilt my head back, deepening the kiss. When he asked for permission to enter my mouth, with his tongue tracing the seam of my lips, I granted it immediately.

He hesitated for just a second, before entering using his tongue to explore my mouth, memorizing it until it was known as well as his own. Tentatively, I reached out with my own to meet his tongue, which he replied to with enthusiasm.

All too soon I was forced to pull away, or else die from lack of oxygen.

Taking deep gulps of air that wasn't as sweet as Yunho's mouth, yeah that was cheesy don't judge, I looked over at him. Yunho was breathing just as hard as I was, his hair was sticking up in random directions since apparently I had run my hands through it at one point, his lips were swollen and red, this could be what has been described as thoroughly kissed.

He was watching me with clouded eyes and there was something hard against my thigh. I'm not going to lie, but I feel damn proud that I was the one who made him like that. Me! The who’s never gotten any farther than a simple kiss.

"Alright," Yunho said after a few minutes, "now what the did that mean? Was it a sorry kiss or yes I would love to date you kiss?"

Raising my eyebrow at him, I couldn't help but smile. "If that's how I reject everyone who ask me out, you're going to have a problem on your hands aren't you? Your boyfriend kissing a bunch of random guys like that."

Yunho let out a joyous laugh at that and leaned over to kiss me again. It was gentle, and nothing like the one I had initiated, but it was fine. I needed to talk to him anyway.

"You do know that I'm only here for the summer before I go off to school," I said looking down, not wanting to meet his eyes. "That's why I hesitated before."

His smile seemed to dim a little, but the joy never left his face. “It’s fine, we’ll figure out what do when we hit that road block.” His hand reached out ran its fingers through my hair, like a cat I arched up into the simple touch loving how his eyes darkened as he watched me. “For now let’s just focus on the moment and not think about fall.” Yunho made a pained face, “Let’s really not focus on fall. I have no desire to go back to school.”

“It’s your final year though? Aren’t you excited to be finished?” I asked, not moving an inch from his side. If he wanted me gone, he can move me himself. Judging by the way he hasn’t stepped back, I would say he feels the same way.

“Final year means I’ll have to face real life soon.” Yunho complained sighing. “It means that I’ll have to get a real job, not working at a bookstore part time. It means bills, insurance and all that my parents always complain about. So no, I’m not excited.”

I wanted to reach up and sooth away all the stress lines on his face with my finger replacing them with laughter once more, unfortunately I used up my courage to kiss him. So I contented myself with tracing them with my eyes, memorizing every curve and bend.

For someone who claims to know nothing about romance, I seem to be pretty decent at it.

Romance….

“Is this…” I began hesitating. “Is this going to change anything between us?” I’m not good at the dating crap and I really hope that Yunho doesn’t expect too much until I can learn at very least the motions of being sweet.

“I’ll still buy you food if that’s what you mean.” Yunho said laughing, obviously not getting what I’m worried about.

“No, I mean…” What do I mean? How can I phrase it that I really like how things are between us, and I really don’t want that to change other us kissing each other. And eventually ing each other, but baby steps.

“I’ll let you in on a little secret,” Yunho whispered into my ear, quietly laughing when his low voice made me shiver. “I’ve seen every last one of our little hangouts as dates.” Translation: nothing is going to change.

And nothing did change.

Except for the fact that most of our days were spent in either Yunho’s or my house and there wasn’t a lot of video game playing, movie watching, or food eating. But there was tons of making out. Seriously, it felt like every time we were in each other’s presence, not in a public place, we would be kissing like no tomorrow.

We planned to watch movies or play games, yet the moment the movie would start playing or the menu screen for the game came on, neither one of us would be paying any attention to it.

About a week after we became “official”, God that word makes me cringe but I can’t really use the ‘going out’ euphemism because we really haven’t ever left the house, Yunho came over so I could introduce to him the Lord of the Rings movie, the extended version. Honestly though, I think the only reason he was so excited about it was because if the original movie was over two hours long, the extended would provide even more time to just kiss me. Not that I was complaining. Seriously, not complaining one bit.

Setting the movie up, I heard Yunho slip in behind me just off of his job. Both our parents had left on their respective trips the day before so it was just us. Now the more, let’s call it adventurous side of me (Kyuhyun calls it the star side but whatever), is telling me that I should try and take our little relationship up the next level. Not , cause no matter how much I want it, so not ready for that. But the parents are gone, it would be the perfect time to try something, even if it turns out to be a mere (HA, nothing involving Yunho would be mere) .

“What are you thinking about so hard?” Yunho curled his arms around me, lips tracing my ear. Since that day, we discovered very quickly how sensitive my ears actually are. They finally have a redeeming quality. “Don’t I even get a hello kiss?”

As I turned to do just as he asked, I noticed the brown cartons he had placed on the coffee table in front of the couch. Food is still my number one priority. “What did you bring me?” I practically skipped over to them, hoping that Yunho had stopped off at that Thai place he took me to last week.

“Is that all I am? A mere delivery boy?” Yunho dramatically placed his hand over his heart in mock hurt. “All I want is a simple kiss, and you don’t even give me that.”

Giving in to my inner flirt, I leaned over the table leaving only a centimeter between our lips. “Tell me what you got me, and then I’ll decide how simple of kiss you get.” Did that sentence make me uncomfortable, you have no idea how much, but the heated look that entered Yunho’s eyes made it all worth it.

Yunho began opening the cartons once I pulled back. A strong wave of spices filled the air making my mouth water. He saw my expression and didn’t even bother to conceal his smirk. “Since you told me how much you enjoy spicy foods, I went to a place my friend recommended. They found what they call an authentic Indian restaurant. It was a hole in the wall type of place, but walking in I just knew that you would like it.”

 

I moved around to the other side of the table, sliding right up next to him comfortable being near him after a full week of being joined at the hip, or rather lips. My hands went up to the side of his head as I made a move to kiss him, only to stop right before I touched his lips. His groan of frustration went straight to my groin (Heh, groan, groin, yes I’m five shut up).

Letting my lips just barely graze his, I whispered “You just knew I would like it?”

“Maybe that was a poor word choice,” Yunho’s voice got deeper, and that right there is normally the signal to get back and give him some breathing room. But some inner devil, told me to keep doing exactly what I was doing.

One of my hands trailed down his neck to rest on his rapidly rising and falling chest, my tongue snuck out and my lips. Glancing up I noticed that Yunho was watching the motion with an intensity that should probably strike fear into my heart.

Instead, I locked my gaze with his and let my hand traced down lower, stopping right before I reached the button of his jeans. Not breaking eye contact, I closed the distance between our lips only losing the connection when we first touched.

Yunho closed what little distance was left between us, wrapping his hand around the back of my neck taking control of the kiss. Wanting to see him lose control, I slipped my hand underneath his t-shirt practically when I touched his abs.

My other hand joined the first on Yunho’s stomach, as I caressed the muscles I found there. His grip got tighter every time one of my hands drifted beneath his belly button. And I have something to tell you, the idea that I have this much control over him is one hell of a rush.

I hadn’t realized I was pushing against him, until Yunho fell back on to the coach. In order to prevent myself from collapsing on top of him, my hands flew out placing themselves on either side of Yunho’s body. The position I was in was definitely not the most comfortable, but I could definitely get used to this.

Yunho lying underneath me, staring up at me with unhidden lust and desire and knowing that I was the source…It’s a very nice feeling. Very nice as in I could definitely get used to it.

Too bad I didn’t get to enjoy it for long. Yunho reached up and pulled me down, connecting our lips once more. My hands resumed their earlier position under his shirt. But I had decided that while the shirt was nice, I didn’t want to play with it anymore. He was more than willing to help me rid himself of the now vile piece of clothing.

Pressing myself against his bare chest, I continued kissing the life out my incredibly hot boyfriend. A small part in the back of my brain started to yell that it was too fast, too soon. But it was small and so easy to ignore in the all that heat and pleasure, until Yunho’s hands clutched at my , hauling me up to sit directly on his crotch. At feeling the rock hard length that I was now sitting on, that small voice chose to, instead of yelling, show a picture, a memory.

At the sight of Yunho with that pretty man, I wrenched myself away from him almost tripping in my hast to get away.

The lust filled almond eyes drained, becoming stained with confusion then revulsion. That last one nearly would have me running to the nearest locked door to get away, yet for some reason my feet wouldn’t move.

His hands covered his face as he leaned back against the sofa, the lines of his body stark and slick against the squishy-ness that was the cushions. Gazing at the tent barely being constrained by his jeans, I dearly needed to hit myself in the head. I almost had what I wanted, I nearly had Yunho. Stupid body for wimping out, stupid mind for reminding me.

“I’m sorry,” Yunho’s voice was small, a complete 180 from before. Now’s where he tells me that he has to leave, that he forgot he has something else planned, that he can’t spend his Saturday night with an insecure . “I shouldn’t have done that. Shouldn’t have allowed it.”

My eyes slowly trailed up to where his were still covered. I needed to see them, needed to see the emotions dancing in them. I needed to see the truth.

I opened my mouth to reply, but nothing came out. My body leaned forward wanting to go back to Yunho’s warmth and the pleasure it had found in it, but my mind wouldn’t let me forget that image. So I stayed where I was, the soundtrack of Lord of the Rings playing in the background with the cursor on the screen blinking constantly on the ‘Play’ option.

It must have been at least ten minutes later that Yunho finally lowered his hands away from his face. Taking a quick look at the rest of his body told me it wasn’t the only thing lowered. So much for the .

“We should eat before the food gets too cold.” He stood and walked right around to the other side of the coffee table, completely ignoring me. I stood in the same spot, just looking at where Yunho had just been sitting.

“Changmin?” No -ah, no endearment, no playful banter. Nothing, just my name.

“Did…” Deep breath. “Did I do something wrong?” I could kick myself for sounded so weak, but that’s how I am. I’m weak. One harsh word from Yunho and I feel like my world is falling down.

“Wrong?” He sounded genuinely confused. “What could you have possibly done wr—Oh, you’re worried about what just happened.”

Still looking at the couch, I nodded forcing my body to become rigid to show no weakness, no softness. I can handle rejection, after all it’s what I’ve expected from the beginning.

“Changmin-ah,” Yunho’s hand cupped my cheek, gently urging me to turn and look at him. His eyes were full of light, of kindness, and I’m going to say love because it makes me feel better. “You did nothing wrong. We moved too fast and you got spooked. It’s completely normal, and I should have stopped it before it had gotten to that point.”

He let out a cold laugh. “If I was a better boyfriend, I would have been able to see that you were going outside your comfort zone.” Leaning a bit, he pressed our foreheads together and bopped our noses drawing out a small smile from me at the childish display of affection. “I’m not mad at you, only at myself.”

Relaxing, I folded into his embrace letting hope and dreams prevail over reality. A small laugh escaped my lips as I thought of something. At Yunho’s raise eyebrow, I explained. “You’re a really crappy boyfriend then. This entire thing is so far outside my comfort zone, I think we’re in another galaxy.”

“Brat,” he laughed with me ruffling my hair. “Come on let’s eat and watch the beauty that is Legolas.”

“Figures you would be an Orlando fan. I, myself am personally attached to Aragon. Especially after when he’s fighting.”

Yunho threw me a dirty grin, “So you like them sweaty and dirty.”

My blush didn’t deter me from firing back a report, something about pretty men trying not to cringe when I realized what I said. He didn’t notice.

The night continued much the same. Us gorging on food of all sorts, debating which LoTR character was the best, and so forth. But the one thing that was the most telling there were no kisses. None.

He didn’t even give me a good bye kiss. Okay well he did, but it was on the cheek. Then I just thought it was because of what happened earlier this evening, and he was worried about freaking me out even more. And it made sense. Then.

It has been two weeks since then and only extremely chaste kisses are to be seen.

If I make it through another day with nothing more than a quick peck on the lips, I am going to throw something large and heavy at Yunho’s head. I’ve tried to deepen the kiss, but he just backs off with some lame excuse. Though probably it is all my fault, after all I did say that it was outside my comfort zone. Argh!

Stupid man, why did he have to take me seriously?!

My head collapsed on the table, some insane thought that this was all just a dream and by inflicting pain it would wake me up. Then it'll be back to how it was before that disaster of a movie night. Yet opening my eyes I only saw the wooden table up close and personal. "Damn it, I hate my life."

"It's not that bad," a female voice commented from above me sounding way to happy at my misery.

Not even bothering wasting energy to lift my head for some random woman, I just tilted my head to glare at her. Surprisingly I actually knew her. She works at the café in Yunho's bookstore, in fact she's the one that always takes my drink. And sure enough, there's an iced Americano in her hands.

"Is that for me?" Apparently my manners disappeared with the lack of any ual action. And if I hear any comments about how I've never had any ual action I'll...okay so I don't know what I'll do but it won't be pleasant.

Her eyebrows rose at my remark. "Wow you're blunt. No wonder he likes you." The Americano came closer to my face, and without waiting to see her change her mind, I reached out and grabbed it, quickly taking a sip.

At the sound of a scoff I looked up again to see her siting in the chair opposite mine. The chair that's supposed to be for Yunho. I want to tell her off, that the seat's taken, but she did just bring me coffee…

"Alright, now what the hell happened between you and Yunho?" Her arms and legs are crossed, her glare alone could melt the icecaps. I am reminded of my high school principal. That lady could terrify the Terminator.

"And you think I'm going to tell you merely because you gave me coffee, yet I don't know your name." Another sip. Caffeine come on time to kick in.

She sighed, flipping her hair to hid an eye roll, a trick I perfected back in middle school. "My name's Boa. I work with Yunho in this lovely establishment. Once summer started he practically danced around the store doing his job, but for the past few weeks he looks like someone killed his puppy. So I repeat, what happened?"

I couldn't help it, I snorted. "If anyone should be moping around like their dog was killed it should be me. Damn his morals."

Her legs unfolded and she leaned over the table, a smirk playing on her lips. "Explain." Heh, she says no wonder Yunho likes be, but honestly no wonder he's friends with her. They're cut from the same cloth.

My face heated up at the memory partially hoping that she'd take the hint and drop it, unfortunately she just leaned in closer looking like a cat that just got cream. I want some cream… stop it mind. Glaring at her, I started talking.

"I got spooked, okay? Things got a little…" I waved my hand around, my face a tomato now. "And I got spooked. Now Yunho has it in his head that things were moving way to fast and now the stupid er won't even kiss me properly. He kisses me like someone would kiss their grandma! I may only be 18 but I would like to lose my ity sometime in the next decade thank you very much."

A girlish giggle reached my ears, I was shocked to see that it came from the obviously dominant girl in front of me. Boa, as she told me her name was, watched me with mischief in her eyes. "Oh so that's it." She smiled broadly at me. "I know a lot about his misplaced morality. I can help you if you want, but first I have to know if you're ready for the consequences."

"You mean am I sure I'm ready for it. Trust me noona, I may have freaked out a little bit then but I'm more than ready now. What do you have in mind?"

Her calculating eyes stared straight through me. "There's more to it isn't there?"

"Not that you need to know," I responded back at her. "Now how can you help me?"

She gave me an evil smirk, but as she opened another voice rang out. "Boa! What are you doing there?"

Yunho popped out from some stacks far enough away where there is no way he could have heard me, but close enough to make me terrified that he might have. Walking up to our table, he glared disapprovingly at his friend then turned to greet me with a wide smile.

"What's it look like I'm doing? I'm keeping your new boy toy company, obviously." Boa said flipping her hair in a superior way, but giving me a wink.

"Boa…" Wow, in all my attempts to piss Yunho off I've never managed it that easily. Actually I've never really been able to piss him off, and she did it with one sentence.

"Oh you're no fun," she pouted up at him as though he just told her Santa wasn't real. "I was just telling Min-chan about the party this weekend and how he should be your plus one."

"I thought I told you I wasn't going?"

"And I just told you, that you are. And you're bringing Changmin." At Yunho's exasperated look she continued. "Come on, everyone wants to meet the reason you've been ditching all of us for the past month! You only have to show up with Changmin in tow. You can even leave after ten minutes, I promise."

Boa turned to look at me with a large smile that would have been terrifying, "Don't you want to go to Changmin?" the look in her eyes told me that the answer was yes, there was no such word as no.

I opened my mouth to respond, but surprisingly Yunho cut me off. "Boa you can't force Changmin to go if he doesn't want to."

That stabbed deep. "I want to go."

Yunho looked shocked and Boa looked Christmas had come early. This weekend would be interesting.

The day of the party, Boa showed up bright and early at my door with a wicked smile and shopping bags declaring that I was getting a makeover whether I wanted it or not.

“I don’t know about this…” escaped my mouth for what must have been the tenth time as Boa dug through my closet, looking for some clothes for me to wear.

The older women sighed heavily before turning to glare at me. “Listen, you want Yunho to stop looking at you as a kid right? The easiest way to do that is to show him by wearing clothes that emphasize that you’re all grown up. It also helps having the correct mentality.”

“I don’t feel grown up,” I whispered, caressing a silk shirt that she brought with her. “I’m just an insecure high school graduate. Even I have no clue what Yunho sees in me and why he would ever want me.”

A piece of clothing came streaming towards my head, hitting me square on. Ripping the fabric off my head, I glared at Boa who stood by my closet, arms crossed over her chest as she glared right back.

“Changmin trust me on this he wants you. A few weeks ago it just hit him how young and inexperienced you really are and he was terrified would move too fast. All you need to do is let him know you’re ready, that’s it.” Her annoyance changed into empathy and understanding. “I can’t help you with your insecurities Changmin-ah. I wish I could, but I can tell you that Yunho finds you incredibly beautiful.” She gave a snort and before I could begin panicking that she didn’t so, Boa kept talking. “God knows he talks about it all the time. If I have to hear another reference to your expressive eyes, smooth skin or full lips I am going to scream.”

Heat rushed to my face and I just knew my cheeks were a bright red. “He really says that?”

She rolls her eyes at me. “I swear you two… Yes he says it all the time. Did you even notice that when you hang out at the bookstore he never stops staring at you? And should he catch anyone else staring, Yunho all but growls at them.”

As Boa turns back to my closet, I stare down at the pants she threw at my head. Counting the seams, and trying to calm down. Yunho talks about me to his friends, he thinks I’m beautiful, he doesn’t like others looking at me.

God this is just too much. He isn’t supposed to be like this. I’m leaving in a month, there is no way I can handle a long distance relationship. No way I can keep Yunho’s attention after he goes back to his college campus and is surrounded by people who make me look like a troll. A flash of that pretty guy from months ago echoed painfully in my head. How can I combat with that?

Boa noticed none of my inner turmoil. She turned back to me, her arms full of clothes, a secret smile playing across her features. Dropping her pile onto my lap, she commands “Look through these and find what makes you comfortable and I’ll give it the yay or nay.”

Standing up, clothes overflowing in my arms, I turned to look at her. Yunho’s friend who doesn’t even know me. “Why are you helping me?”

She looked at me with confusion, as though the thought to not help never even occurred to her. After no more than a couple seconds she shrugged. “You might be pretty smart, but you are clueless on things like seduction and romance, that much I do know. It feels wrong not helping you with this. Besides, if it makes you feel better, think of this as me helping Yunho get laid.”

Though I cringed at the crudeness of it, I felt infinitely more relaxed. Why, I have no clue, it wasn’t as though Boa’s explanation actually helped me.

About an hour later, after Boa finally declared me ready to go, Yunho showed up to take us to the party. I ended up wearing a simple V-neck t-shirt I didn’t even know I had, and a pair of jeans that were distressed I think the term is, and looked like they had been painted on. Them, I remembered buying, though I don’t recall them being so tight. A pair of boots and a bunch of random accessories complete the look according to what she said.

Every time I reached up to make sure it really was my hair on my head, she would reach over and slap my hand away claiming that I’ll mess it up. My head felt heavy with the amount of crap Boa put on not only my hair but my face. I’ve never wore eyeliner before, and I don’t think I ever will again. However upon seeing Yunho’s reaction when I opened the door, I could easily be converted.

He looked entirely shell-shocked. The way his jaw dropped and his eyes bulged out of his face, it kinda looked like someone had kicked him in the balls. Actually that probably isn't too far off the mark, except it wasn't a person who delivered the blow.

The look of utter awe and wonder as his gaze traveled from my face down to my feet and back up again, made me feel powerful, desirable.

But that feeling only lasted for so long before the insecurities came roaring back. What if he's staring because the change it too great? This isn't anything I would normally wear, maybe he prefers my usual style and doesn't think this one fits me. Hell I don't think it fits me…

"You look amazing…" the tone of complete marvel definitely helped some of my inner demons calm down at the moment.

The blush that heated up my face wasn’t entirely unwelcome. I tucked on strand of hair behind my ear, trying to look anywhere but at Yunho, “Thanks.”

I stole a glance back at him, a giddy feeling in my body at seeing his light blush. The moment seemed just perfect…that is until Boa decided she had enough of being ignored.

“We all look amazing,” she stated sweeping down the stairs of my house as though she was a visiting queen. “Including you, Yun-ah. I’m pleasantly surprised, I didn’t know you actually had a sense of fashion.”

Yunho winked at me before turned to give Boa a mock bow. “Why should it surprise you that I actually listen to your fashion advice every time you come over? I am glad I exceed your expectations milady.”

It wasn’t until we were almost half way to the party that Yunho leaned over and whispered into my ear, “Don’t tell Boa, but my sister was the one who dressed me.”

My hand slapped over my mouth before the laughter could leave it and alert Boa to our conversation. “You called your sister in Europe for fashion advice?”

Yunho reached out and punched my shoulder, not hard though, not like my punches. “Don’t judge, I wanted to look good for you and you’ve already stolen my stylist.”

“Oh I didn’t steal her, she came over willingly and unwanted.” I joked right back, lovely how easy it was to just talk with him. Did I really want to lose that? What am I thinking, why would between us change anything?

Because changed everything.

My thoughts were halted with a swift kick to my shin. Looking up I saw Boa, eyes blazing and Yunho trying hard not to keep laughing. “Unwanted? You ungrateful little… after everything I’ve done for you. And you,” she turned sharply to Yunho, who lost his laughter instantly, “don’t you dare encourage him.”

“Why?” he asked with a sly smirk and a knowing gaze, “I quite like his bite.”

Queue the excessive amount of blushing. Thoughts of all the places I could bite him filtered through my mind, both strange and places. I mean who the hell would want to bite a person’s back? I just don’t get it.

Boa gave an exasperated sigh, and muttered something that sounded suspiciously like, ‘Just already’ before turning and continuing to lead our way. Yunho’s hand traced lightly down my arm, causing goose bumps to follow the entire way, until he grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. My blush never left, but it was alright because Yunho’s was just as bright.

The house holding the party was just what I feared it to be, large and loud. We could all hear it from two blocks over and it was a small miracle that no one had thought to call the cops yet.

My grip on Yunho’s hand tightened the closer we got to the music. He tried sending reassuring smiles, giving my hand a gentle squeeze, but none of it really succeeded in relaxing me. I’m a quiet person, I don’t do parties that have more than ten people. Even then I feel out of place. Maybe I shouldn’t have agreed to this…

That thought was only reinforced the moment we walked into the house. Some feminine looking guy (not the same one from before, thank god), came over to us and swept Yunho away saying something about punishment for abandoning them, leaving Boa and I standing alone by the door.

Boa gave me tired smile, “Don’t mind Heechul too much. He’s used to having Yunho all to himself, and he did not enjoy it when you decided to hoard him to yourself these past few weeks.”

“But…” I began.

“It’s all Yunho’s fault, yes I know. But Heechul would never blame his Yundol for anything. Don’t worry your pretty little head over it, he’ll get used to sharing.” She reached down to grab my wrist, then dragged me around the house, calling out hellos to random people until we reached the drinks.

As I stared at my surrounding, taking in all the people and more specifically all the people staring at me, Boa got me a drink. When she handed it to me, I took a sip unconsciously, thinking it was soda, only to almost spit it out at the bitter flavor.

“What did you do to it?” I asked peering down into the plastic cup, demanding that it tell me its secrets.

She laughed at my expression. “I added a shot or two of soju. To help you loosen up a little.”

“…That’s not necessary,” I muttered but kept drinking the bitter liquid, finding that the more I drank it the more addicting it was.

As Boa and I stayed within close range of the refreshment table, two loud guys made their way over to us. She introduced them as Donghae, Yunho’s friend from high school, and Eunhyuk, his boyfriend. The two were loud and fun to be around, decided that it was more interesting hanging out with us than anyone else at the party. Though that might be because they liked trying to make me blush, or it could be because their eyes nearly fell out of their heads when Boa said I was Yunho’s boyfriend.

We stood there just chatting for what must have been an hour, and in that time I realized that though I kept sipping from my drink it never seemed to get any emptier. Glancing over at Boa confirmed my second suspicion. There was no way it could have been my first one, as I highly doubt any of these muggles know how to use magic. She must have been filling it up when my attention was elsewhere, most likely on Donghae and Eunhyuk. They were probably all in this together.

But at the moment I couldn’t care less. My body felt lighter than air, and laughter came easier with each passing second. Maybe alcohol wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

Then the two guys suggested that we all hit the dance floor, and in my alcohol induced high I couldn’t see why that was a bad idea. Sure it became astoundingly clear when upon reaching said dance floor, which really was just an area cleared of all furniture, I remember that I couldn’t dance to save my life.

Thankfully Eunhyuk came to my rescue. Telling me the hidden secret to moving like a star. Those weren’t his actual words, but seeing the example I concluded that it must have been what he meant. But his explanation was extremely simple.

“Immerse yourself in the music, then just imagine you’re having and move along with the beat.”

I honestly have no clue how I was doing. The others kept making noises of encouragement, so I just kept doing what I was doing. Though, instead of dancing with them, I pictured myself dancing with Yunho. His hands tight on my waist as his hard would brush against my with every pass. His mouth hot on my ear, whispering everything he wanted to do to me.

The image shattered when I felt someone, someone that sure as hell wasn’t Yunho, grab my . Opening my eyes, I turned to glare at the soon to be dead guy who had the gall to touch me. The guy gave me a sleazy smile, one that had me cringing. I swatted his hand away like it was nothing more than a pest, which it wasn’t since it came back. This time though, he ran his hand along my thigh.

Spinning out of his grasp, I looked around for Eunhyuk, Donghae or Boa to have them save me from this disgusting . They were standing at the edge of floor watching me with barely concealed smiles. Hurt and anger spread through me, how ing dare they laugh at this.

I learned the reason for their laughter soon enough. A warm, hard body pressed against my back as a low voice filled with promise whispered in my ear. “I didn’t know you could dance.”

Yunho.

Forgetting that we were in a public place, or that there was someone I wanted to kill right in front of me, I turned into his embrace and wrapping my arms around his neck, I kissed him.

I believe it is a strong testament to how much I drank, and with the alcohol I could taste on Yunho’s tongue, that rather than a chaste kiss like I was used to these past few weeks, he grabbed my neck and deepened it.

Not sure how long we stood there, it felt like hours. It felt like seconds. Finally, and not soon enough, Yunho pulled away. Pressing me close to his body, he glared at the man who couldn’t take no for an answer. The man who could be mistaken for a vampire, eyes wide with fear.

“Go find someone else to play with. This one is mine.” Yunho all put growled. I didn’t think it was possible, but the man turned whiter before he whipped around and ran out of the house. Weird.

I hadn’t realized that thought was out loud until Yunho looked at me confused. “He was scared of you. How could he be scared of you? You’re just a big teddy bear.” I could feel the pout in my voice, but I couldn’t be pouting because I don’t pout.

Yunho just smiled at me, leaning down to kiss me again. “I can be pretty scary when I want to be.”

Huffing at that answer, I moved to walk off the floor when Yunho grabbed my arm and spun me back into his arms. “I wanna dance with you.” And how was I to say no.

We slow danced to the fast techno music for god knows how long. My head lying on his shoulder, arms wrapped around his chest. Yunho’s hands rested on my waist, for a little bit, until they moved to rest on small swell of my . His thigh settled between my own, resting almost directly on my crotch. We swayed like that, pressed so close that nothing would have been able to come between us.

When Yunho finally lead me off the dance floor, we were both more than a little hard. He dragged me outside where his friends were sitting by the pool. Disinterested, I noticed that some of the party-goers had decided to make this into a pool party as well.

Upon reaching them, Yunho sat down in one of the lounges, no one said a word when he pulled me down to practically sit in his lap. Though I’m pretty sure I saw one or two secret smiles. Ignoring all of them, I leaned against Yunho and just listened to the rise and fall of his voice, feeling the vibrations against my back.

There was one problem with the way we were sitting though. I could easily feel Yunho’s poking me from behind no matter how I moved. Actually the more I moved the more I could feel it. I knew my face was neon red, and getting redder by the minute. It didn’t help that my shirt had ridden up as I sat, and Yunho took full advantage of that, running his fingers along the bared skin. It sent shivers up my spine, which only increased the blushing.

Wanting to hide, I shifted so that my face was buried against Yunho’s neck. I had only been like that for a few minutes when I heard his voice against my ear.

“Are you tired? You want to go home?”

Humming my affirmative response, Yunho wasted no time sitting up and saying good byes, I could have sworn some people catcalled on our way out. I blinked and we were outside heading back to our street.

We walked in absolute silence, Yunho’s arm still wrapped around my waist. Since I haven’t fixed my shirt yet, he still caressed the skin there. Though this time, he also began moving his fingers under my shirt and up along my flat stomach.

My breathe hitched at every pass and I was just about to say it all and throw Yunho to the ground and just ride him there in the street when our houses came into view. We paused at the driveway to my house for a bit before I realized that Yunho wanted me to go in.

“Can I stay with you tonight?” My voice breaking the silence of the night. The look on Yunho’s face was conflicted, so I spoke again. “I just don’t want to go back to a large, empty house after all the noise and people. I don’t want to be alone right now.”

Yunho’s head jerked in a nod, and he began all but dragging me to his house. The second the door was closed and locked behind us, he was on me pushing me against the nearest wall, his mouth on mine. His hands worked up my shirt, I shivered when he passed by my s, then the shirt was gone, ripped over my head. The necklaces Boa forced on me twinkled like bells, making unexpected music that was so different from the heavy bass of the party.

His eyes were dark as he looked at me, hands roaming my chest barely a centimeter above my skin but that only made the sensation all that more powerful. Not able to stand it, I pulled his head down to fuse our lips together once more.

Backing me up until I was trapped by two solid objects, Yunho placed his hands on the wall behind me, caging me even further. But I couldn’t find it any in me to be scared, or to even care. I tugged at his shirt, silently conveying that I wanted it gone. Yunho took the hint, throwing it somewhere, probably the same place as mine. But again didn’t really care.

Leaving my mouth, Yunho started laying kisses along my throat. Kiss, , bite, and repeat. I couldn’t stop the pants from leaving my mouth, I’m pretty sure that I moaned a time or two but who really knows or cares. Yunho’s hand ran along my thigh, each run pressing deeper, going higher. It felt so much different from that guy at the party.

Drawing the leg up, Yunho wrapped it around his waist, then went to do the same to my other leg. Pressing me even harder into the wall, his hands grabbed at my to hold me up better, I’m sure. He moved in ever closer, rubbing his cloth covered against mine and I couldn’t even stop the groan of pleasure that left my mouth to echo in the empty house.

In a split second everything changed.

Yunho froze at hearing me, then wrenched himself away from me. Without his strong arms holding me up, I slide down the wall to the floor. Well it was more like a plop, but whatever I’m keeping whatever grace I can get.

A new voice echoed through the house, one constantly saying, “! ing !” over and over again. Though it could just have happened once, and the echo just kept it going. Looking over at Yunho, I watched as he paced in front of me. His hands were running through his hair, every single muscle I could see (that’s a lot thanks to his shirt being gone) was straining, including his jean’s zipper.

“Yunho…” I reached out only to have him recoil away from me.

“I need some air.” He muttered over his shoulder as he headed towards the backyard, not even bothering to look at me and see if I was okay.

That hurt. That hurt more than I thought it would.

A small part of me wanted to just turn around and leave. It would be better in the morning. But another, much louder and larger thanks to all the alcohol Boa practically forced down my throat, was demanding retribution for all the pain and confusion Yunho caused. I’m proud that I can even use words like ‘retribution’ when the world is spinning and my mind’s fuzzy.

Standing up, and trying not to fall over again, I marched after Yunho. I’m through being the one left behind. If he doesn’t want me, then he better well tell me and stop this ing game.

Once reaching the glass sliding door that separates the indoors from the outside patio, I saw Yunho with his back to me, hands on the railing, arms tensed ready for battle. In fact his whole body was even tenser than it was back inside. This time though, I get to see his back muscles clearer than ever.

God, I want him. My knees went weak at the thought of that body above me, feeling that power under my hands. Or it could be the alcohol, but I’m going with good old fashioned lust.

Then I remembered that he left me hard and wanting. Lust turns into anger very easily and quickly.

“What the is your problem?!” I yell the moment I step onto the patio. Yunho turned slowly to face me, his eyes hard.

“My problem?” Cold, his voice was cold. It was never cold, not to me.

Steeling my resolve, “Yes your ing problem! Do you enjoy leaving me on the floor, and confused?”

Yunho snorted and turned back to face the yard. “You wouldn’t understand.”

“I wouldn’t understand?” A humorless laugh left my mouth. “Is it because I’m younger than you? Because hate to break it to you buddy, but I’m legal. You can’t use that excuse.”

He shifted his head to glare at me and opened his mouth to no doubt say something I didn’t want to hear. So I beat him to the punch. “How old were you when you lost your ity?”

“How does that even-“

“How. Old. Were. You?” My arms folded over my chest, (my bare chest, god I want to have with him yet I’m panicking over him seeing me half ), as I growled out the words.

“…sixteen, but that doesn-“

“Sixteen.” I repeated with a little disgust and self-loathing. “I’m two years older than you were. Two ing years, Yunho. So age technically shouldn’t be a problem. Or is it because I’m a and you don’t want to deal with someone whose only experience with involves , which is a horrible representation of the actual act and of people’s lives.”

“Min…” Yunho growled, officially annoyed with me for the first time. But I’ll celebrate later.

“I can’t change the fact that I’m a until you me!” His eyes flashed at that, a warning. I didn’t heed it. “If it bothers you so much, I’ll just get someone else to do it. That guy at the party seemed-“

Yunho closed the distance between us and kissed me. Hard, borderline brutal. When he pulled away I think I tasted blood. “Stop, just stop Min.” His eyes were dark as he glared at me.

“Then stop waiting for an invitation that was sent years ago.” I reached out and put a hand on his chest. “I want you, I’ve wanted you for years. Stop making things more complicated then they need to be.”

Something shifted in his gaze and he gathered me in his arms, kissing me like I was the most important thing in the world. Holding me like I was precious. I could hear him taking cushions from the outdoor furniture and he laid me down on his hastily created nest.

I felt warmth as he moved on top of me. There was pain, but as I looked up at the night sky I could swear I knew what heaven felt like.

With the stars as our witness, I gave Yunho my body, my ity, my heart, everything I am. In that moment, I was Yunho’s and he was mine. I don’t regret it at all.

 

 

 

 

 

AN: Wow this is late and very long. Congrats to me, this is probably the longest chapter I've ever written. FYI most of this has not been beta'd, but its late, I'm tired and I promised this would be up this weekend and according to my clock I still have an hour left of Sunday. HA! God I hate deadlines, but without them I could get nothing done.