Chapter 2

The Person In The Mirror [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KYUNGSOO

 

"Do Kyung Soo... I... I really like you."

A confession. A confession that I can't possibly accept. It wasn't right and I would just end up hurting the both of us if I accept this confession.

"We've known each other for a long time and I just... I really, really like you. It would be nice to know if you like me as well."

I had to answer though. I should not waste time. Rejecting someone at once is better than wishful thinking. "I'm sorry, Yura-ya. I can't accept your feelings."

"Wh... why not? Kyungsoo-ya, I'm sorry. I know your mother just died. It's rude of me for being inconsiderate of your feelings. I'm really so-"

"I like someone else." I interrupted Kang Yura, who I've known since elementary school. I had no idea she had feelings for me. I've always seen her as a friend ever since then when we first met, no more, no less.

"Who... who, Kyungsoo-ya?" Yura asked.

"Do I have to tell you?" I asked her back because it was none of her business.

English class just finished and we were on our way to the cafeteria when Yura decided to confess to me. It was really awkward since I've known her for so long and I didn't know that she has always seen me that way.

The both of us went down to the cafeteria and stood up at the very end of the lunch line awkwardly. No one dared to speak since that conversation in front of the classroom was just unexpected.

"Oh! Hyung! Noona! Will you guys let me cut in line to get food? I'm starving! I played really hard in basketball today." Jongin came in the scene with his messy, but still stylish hair and not-fully buttoned up uniform that made his collarbone visible.

I backed up a few inches on the lunch line and let Jongin cut in front of me, so he can get his food. "Here Jongin-ah."

He went in front of me and said, "Thanks hyung! You're the best! Yura noona, you don't mind, do you?"

"N...not at all, Jongin-ah." Yura tried to say.

"Noona, what's wrong? Did Kyungsoo hyung do anything to you?" Jongin asked Yura.

"Jongin-ah... I... I just confessed my feelings to Kyungsoo." The blunt Yura said. She's like that. She says whatever she want to say without restraint whatsoever. She's not afraid to share her feelings with everyone and just talks about it abruptly. For example, this. "He rejected me. He said he likes someone else."

"Yura-ya..."

"Kyungsoo hyung..." By the sound of Jongin's voice, I could tell that he was upset. I tell him everything. As in everything. Hearing this would definitely upset him. But how could I possibly tell him about this when he's the one I'm talking about?

 

 

It was already dismissal time and I waited for Jongin in front of the school where we would always meet so we can walk home together. I waited for a few minutes and finally saw him come out of the school building with Kang Yura next to him.

"Kyungsoo hyung!" He called me.

"Oh, Jongin-ah, you ready to go home?" I asked him, but then glanced at Yura. "Wanna walk with us?"

"No, thanks. I have a ride, Kyungsoo-ya. Thanks for the offer though." She replied though her voice sounded shaky.

"Okay." I simply replied.

I saw Jongin look at me when I said that though. Almost that 'why did you do that' look.

"Bye Kyungsoo-ya." Yura smiled at me. "I'm leaving, Jongin." Yura said and gave Jongin a smile.

"Bye noona."

Kang Yura finally left and it was just Kim Jong In and I now.

"Hyung, why are you acting like that towards Yura noona? She just told you what she really feels about you. If you don't like her back, that's okay, but you don't have to be so rude." Jongin lectured me.

"Do you want me to be nice to her? Then what? She'll misunderstand. Then, she'll think I feel the same way about her. I don't like her, Kim Jong In! She's a childhood friend and that's all there is. I'm not being rude. It's just manners towards someone. I don't want her to expect things from me, okay?" I told Jongin.

"Hyung, I'll let it go for now. I know you're really suffering from Aunt Kyung Ah's death that's why you're like this."

"Let's go home."

 

 

Jongin and I were walking in silence. No one dared to talk after everything that happened earlier while we were still on school grounds. I know Jongin would give up anytime soon since he's just the type of person who is always curious about everything.

We already reached our neighborhood, but none of us were still speaking. The talkative Kim Jong In is holding up pretty well, but he reached his limitation.

"Kyungsoo hyung, why did you lie to Yura noona? Why did you tell her you like someone else when you could've just told her you just didn't like her?" Jongin finally asked. I thought he wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter