Dropping Formalities

The Ace And The Grasshopper

"Cut! Great job everyone!" Jo PD shouted, as everyone clapped and bowed.

It had been a long and hard day for Ji Hyo. It was her first episode ever since officially joining the Running Man members as a permanent family member. Everyone had welcomed her with arms wide open. They were looking forward to seeing her in action after catching a glimpse of her variety skills the first time she guested on the show. Plus, having a female member meant one important thing: love lines! 

"You did good today, Ji Hyo-ssi!" Jae Suk smiled, as he patted her shoulder. "Do you want to come to Dong Hoon's restaurant with us? We'd all like to get to know you better."

She turned around to see the 6 other members waving at her shyly.

"Sure! Give me the address and I'll be there." She replied politely. "Do you have a piece of paper and a pen?"

"We can simply exchange phone numbers and I'll text you." He said, taking out his cellphone.

"Why haven't I thought of that? I'm so old school sometimes!" Ji Hyo laughed, embarrassed.

"It's fine, I've learned how to do emoticons only a few days ago! I didn't even know what a smiley face was!" Ji Hyo chuckled at his limited knowledge of technology.

She knew that, right at this moment, they would get along very well. Jae Suk had a way of making people feel at ease around him. With him guiding her all day, she felt like she had been part of the family for a long time. 

Except when the cameras were off.

The teasing and easiness from the majority of the male co-stars stopped. Pretending to be friends wasn't hard to do but breaking the ice in real life and engaging in a conversation with a stranger was way harder! Especially if that stranger was a beautiful woman.

Of course, that was nothing new for the Nation's MC. That was his job and he enjoyed every minute of it. Unlike his cowardly dongsaengs, he was the first, along with Suk Jin, to make her feel comfortable around them.

"Okay then, I guess we'll see you later, Ji Hyo-ssi?" Jae Suk asked giving back her phone.

"Neh. And you can drop the formalities, Jae Suk-ssi." Ji Hyo smiled warmly. "Can I call you oppa?"

"O-Of course...Ji Hyo-ah." Jae Suk stuttered, surprised she initiated a way to get closer. He was usually the one who'd ask that to the guests. He then giggled. 

"I have a new beautiful friend!" He fist pumped in the air, earning laughter from the whole Running Man family. "And she called me oppa!"

"What?!? Me too, me too, Ji Hyo-ssi! Call me oppa!" Haha shouted from across the room.

"Sure, Haha oppa." 

"Ji Hyo-ah!" Haha yelled, as he ran to her, fake sobbing and ready to hug her.

"Yah. Ha Dong Hoon, what are you trying to do? Film a drama?" Jong Kook teased the Penguin. The rest of the members quickly made their way to Ji Hyo asking her to speak comfortably around them. She agreed eagerly, happy to see that she had been accepted into this big family.

Jae Suk and Suk Jin observed the scene from afar like 2 proud parents.

"You're really good at what you do, Jae Suk-ah." Suk Jin praised his dongsaeng.

"I didn't do anything actually. She was the one who called me oppa first!" Jae Suk said to the Impala. "She's definitely someone to look forward to." He thought as a grin spread across his face.