Chapter 2

Bicycles

When they arrived, Haeri rushed towards the rental area. Jongin followed suite and was surprised to see 2 bikes already chained up for both of them. "I asked them before-hand for these two especially" Haeri said, her face glowing with delight. These were the two bikes that they first rented on their first date. Jongin especially remembered because this was the date when his pants split and Haeri had to tie her cardigan around his waist. He blushed madly at the thought and Haeri laughed at his reaction. "Are these jeans nice and comfy?" she said playfully and Jongin ignored her comment and quickly unchained the bikes. Haeri followed, still giggling as they set off on the track.

The weather was especially nice today as spring had came and the flowers and trees were in full bloom. Haeri and Kai rode at the same speed and occasionally try to beat each other to reach a certain area only to end up falling over simultaneously and landing on top of each other. Jongin used those opportunities to kiss Haeri on the lips and lead it making out but Haeri always stopped him, as onlookers would wolf whistle and she could get embarrassed quite easily.

After riding the bikes for an a few hours, Jongin drove Haeri to the Han River so they could have their picnic by the sunset. "Today was fu-" she yawned in the midst of her sentence before dozing off, nestling her head into Jongin's cardigan. Jongin smiled at the beautiful girl beside him and he thought 'What would've happened if she was never in my maths class? Would she have gone out with another man? Kiss another man? Go on bicycle dates with another man?'. Jongin cringed at the thought. Seeing her even with his best friend, Kyungsoo made his blood boil the slight bit, even though Kyungsoo already had a girlfriend. He shook the thoughts out of his head and parked his car. Jongin opened the car door and gently shook Haeri, in an attempt to wake the girl who was in a deep slumber. Haeri did not budge so Jongin used his last resort. He smirked as he leaned close to Haeri's neck. "You don't know how y your legs look in that skirt" he whispered in his husky voice and Haeri jolted, knocking her forehead with his. "Oww" they whined at the same time. After soothing their sore foreheads, Haeri glared at Jongin. "Could you not talk like a freaking ert when you wake me up?" she asked, arms crossed over her chest as they walked towards the river. "I couldn't help it, you weren't waking up when I shook you" Jongin replied, a playful grin adorned his face. Haeri huffed before locking arms with her boyfriend. "I have no idea why I love you so much" Haeri said under her breath and Jongin chuckled.

They settled underneath a tree and ate eagerly. "Mmm your kimbap is delicious today jagi~" Jongin said, biting into his seventh piece. "And it's not nice every other day?" Haeri feigned annoyance and Jongin grinned. He snuggled up and backed hug her while chomping on his kimbap and nestled into her neck. "It's always delicious but today it was even MORE delicious" he explained and Haeri smiled. "But you know what's even more nice than your especially nice kimbap?" he questioned and Haeri replied. "Kyungsoo's kimchi spaghetti?". "Nope" Jongin answered. "Youuuu~" He said and Haeri felt her cheeks heat up. "You're the most loving, nice, generous girl that's out there and if you were kimbap, I would eat you gladly" Jongin said and Haeri laughed. "I'd eat you if you were kimbap too" Haeri replied and they both giggled and stayed in that position for the rest of the day. 

And those bicycles got chained up together in the bike shed, just waiting for the same couple to ride them again.