Restless

Restless

  Joonmyun knows who’s in the kitchen before he even gets in. No one is ever awake this late at night –or early in the morning, depending on the person- except him. So he’s not at all surprised when he finds Jongin by himself with a cup of tea in his hands and bags under his eyes.

  He looks up when he enters, startled by the sudden presence, but then he offers him a sleepy smile. “Hey.”

  “Hey,” Joonmyun’s voice is scratch from sleep and he makes his way over to him, arranging himself on his lap. “How long have you been up?” he asks through a yawn, head falling back on his shoulder.

  Joonmyun hums, pressing a lazy kiss to his jaw. “This is why you’re always the last on up. You need more sleep.” He grabs the cup of tea and takes a small sip. “You’re our lead dancer, we can’t have you collapsing from exhausting. You have to take care of yourself.”

  “I know,” Jongin sighs, nuzzling his face into his hair.

  The arms around Joonmyun tighten. He drinks half of the lukewarm tea. It usually takes twenty minutes for Jongin to finally go to sleep, but tonight’s an early defeat; Jongin yawns, breath ruffling his hair and his arms loosening around him. A smile graces Joonmyun’s lips and he stands, laughing quietly when Jongin tries to pull him back. “Come on,” he drags him up, sliding his arm around his waist. “Time for bed.

  Jongin lets himself be led to bed, stumbling after him because of the height difference. Joonmyun pulls him into bed with him, arms pulling him close and pushing his nose against his neck. The younger hums in content and Joonmyun barley blinks when he brushes their lips together. The touch is so gently, so soft, that he has to press back, connect their lips together a little longer and rougher. Jongin whines and Joonmyun chuckles.

  “Hyung,” Jongin trails his nose across his jaw.

  Joonmyun kisses his neck and cuddles into him. “Okay, you need to sleep.”

  The words are barley out of his mouth before Jongin’s quiet snore fills the room.