Opening Night.

The Moon That Embraces The Sun. Third Act.

 

 

 

« OPENING NIGHT »

 

 

 « Less than 50 minutes before the opening! » someone screamed, probably a staff member. He checked one last time his reflection in the mirror, looking for any imperfection before going on stage. « Kyuhyun ah, your family came! » the manager came rushing in the room almost hitting on the stylist who was behind the door. « Your mother and sister! Make it quick, you still haveto make some interview before the opening. » The manager told him waiting for the man to stand up and to follow him. But the lead actor remained sitting on his chair, as if he was frozen. « Hyung,» he whispered, « Can you tell them to wait 10 minutes?  I have something to do before.» Kyuhyun asked his eyes taking a quick look at the clock before landing on his manager. The man starred back at the younger one, « 5 minutes » he said, « She also has interview to do. » he added closing the door.

   Kyuhyun walked in the corridor leading to the women’s backstage rooms. Everyone was running every where, people screaming, talking loud, manager were holding 4 phones in their hands while stylist were trying to get the last preparation to the magnificent costumes. Kyuhyun tried to avoid any contact, reaching for the door, he was aiming for. He stopped in front of it, « LINA » could be read on it. He heard some feminine voices, he knocked waiting for the main person to allow him to come in. « Come in! » he heard, he went in, as expected the atmosphere was more calm and comfortable, no one screaming, or rushing everywhere. His costar was getting her hair done, chatting with her hair stylist, and a back up dancer was siting on the couch drinking some vitamins pills which would give her the strength for tonight. And a 4th person was sitting next to the dancer, she was wearing a black sweat as well as a black skirt matching her black hair but contrasting with her porcelain skin. « Kyuhyun ah, what brings you here, » his tonight’s co star asked him, « Noona you’re still not ready? » he asked her, « Well you know how women are, everything is never perfect enough » the woman laughed. « Yeah you’re right Noona. Women are very complicated and perfectionist » he laughed, « Yah Kyuhyun ah! Keep your sharp tongue for Radio Star! » Lina jokingly scolded him. « You forgot this side » the woman went back talking to her hair stylist. Kyuhyun starred around, looking for the right person’s attention, and he was lucky she was already starring at him. From his stare he made her understand that he wanted to talk to her in private. She seemed reluctant but she stood up following him in the corridor. Once they left Lina smiled, « I knew he did not come for me. » making the two others women present in the room to laugh.

  She starred at him trying not to be heard or seen by the people around. « Let’s go to somewhere more discret » he told her taking her by the arm, but she refused managing to take her arm away from his grip. He looked at her kind of surprise, before taking back his composure, « My mother and Ara are here. » he told her, «Then?  Seriously did you really think I wouldn’t go and greet them?! » she asked him furious, but he cut her, « No, it’s not about that..; » he said rubbing his neck. She knew he was trying to confess something that wouldn’t please her, « Then what? » she asked curious of his strange comportment, « It’s just that I… » he tried to say, « I’m going back to Lina’s sunbaenim’s room » she told him showing her temper at his behavior, her hair almost hitting his face, he caught her by the arm, this time managing to drag her to a more discrete place: the emergency stairs.

  « My mother and sister came to see us tonight. » he told her, closing the door, leaning his back against it, waiting for her reaction, « I’m not performing tonight, You’re performing with Lina sunbaenim. Did you forget? » she asked him trying to open the door, but he blocked it.    « What are you doing? Move! » she ordered him, but the man remained starring at her, waiting for her to understand. Tired she looked back at him, analyzing his strange comportment,           « Wait… » she suddenly seemed to understand « You did not tell your family about us? » she screamed. He tried to cover with his hand but she pushed it away. « Lower! Someone might hear you Hyun!! » he told her looking around, « You didn’t tell them that we broke up!?!? » she asked him, « I did not have the time, We had the Super Show concerts, the SMTOWN week, the musical rehearsals, then Leeteuk hyung’s family funerals and… » he was saying when she cut him off, « It’s been 3 months Kyuhyun ah!! You had plenty if time since November to tell them! » she told him shocked, « Really I did not have the time » he tried to excuse himself,

« Please! » she cut him off again, « You used to gave me better excuses than that… » she added whispering. They remained starring at each other, him his back leaning on the door, while she was by his side her arms crossed on her chest. « What’s the real reason Kyuhyun? » she asked him, waiting to know why he did not tell his family that they were no longer together. He starred at her deep in her eyes, causing her to slightly looked away, « My mom loves you so much…. I just didn’t have the courage to tell her that she wouldn’t have you as daughter-in-law anymore. » he finally confessed, she was about to talk back but he cut her off, « I did not want to break her heart, because I know what it feels to have your heart broken by the one you love.»  he added. « Kyuhyun ah… » she seemed to beg, « I’m sorry. » he only answered.

   Again they remained in silent stealing glances at each other. « You have to tell them, I’ve been texting your sister for now 3 months thinking she knew about us. No doubt she was still so nice to me. » she chuckled. But she seemed to be the only one laughing at her joke. « So? What are you planning to do? » she asked him, « I thought about something… » he told her, «What?»  she asked him curious to hear it, « Joo hyun ah.. » he begged, he did not even say a word yet but she was already getting where he wanted to get, « No way! » she told him,            « Please! Only for tonight! I swear I’ll tell them everything tomorrow. » he told her, « This is insane and completly stupid. We’re going to lie to your mother we’re going to act all lovey dovey and tomorrow you’re going to tell her that we were actually faking it? What’s the point? You’re only going to break her heart even more. » she told him ready to open the door, But again he was stronger than her, he caught her by the shoulder, « Please Joohyun ah, only for tonight, just come with me and greet them. That’s all. Nothing more. » he told her, « I’ll take responsibility for everything that will happen. » he added, taking advance at the question she was about to ask.

She glared at him, his hands on her arms felt weird, she could feel the warmth of his body running through her body. A feeling of security and peace of mind she did not feel in a long time. And at this moment she felt like she could say yes to any of his request. « Only for tonight…and you’ll tell them the truth. » He did not say thank you out loud, maybe he thought she would already know how thankful he was to her, he finally opened the door, allowing her to enter the corridor.

He stepped in behind her, « 30 MINUTES LEFT! » the staff member screamed, « Where were you?! » the manager came rushing towards him, « I’ve been looking for you everywhere!» He screamed to only lower his voice while greeting Seohyun. « Listen we don’t have the time anymore, Mnet News is asking for you, they have questions to ask you. » he told to Kyuhyun,  «What? But what about my mom? » Kyuhyun asked lost, « I’m sorry but you’ll get to see them after the show. They already took place in the theater anyway. » the manager said while checking the hour, « You should go and take a place too Seohyunnie, before the place got crowded, this is crazy inside. » he said while stepping away from the two. « Then I should go back, I let my stuff in Lina’s sunbaenim’s room. » Seohyun said ready to leave, he watched her stepping away from him not even looking behind her. He made his way in the opposite direction trying to regain his concentration,after all he was the main role for tonight’s performance. « Kyuhyun ah! » he suddenly heard, he turned to find Seohyun, « For tonight…I wish you good luck. »

*

**

***

« It was fantastic! » she heard while making her way towards the backstage, « This will be a huge success for sure. » she smiled hearing. « Seohyun shi! » she heard the producer calling her, « How did you find it? » he asked her proposing a glass to her, « There were some disfunction but overall everything went fine. I’m really happy. » he told her. « Yeah PDnim, it was excellent, Lina’s sunbaenim was amazing as expected. » she told him drinking from her glass, « You’ll be amazing as well Seohyun shi. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Okay? » he paternally advised her. « Yeah, I think that I should go, I thill have to rehearse tomorrow. » she said putting down her glass, « SNSD comeback? » he asked her whispering, to which she agreed, « Shht, it’s a secret. » she laughed putting her finger on her lips.

She was bowing goodbye to some of the people present around her when she felt something brushing her right hand, precisely fingers making their way inside her hand caressing her palm before twisting with her own fingers. She did not have to look up to know who it was, who these soft but masculine fingers belonged to. « It ’s time. » he told her whispering into her ear, she did not dare to lift her head, she followed behind him as he made his way into the crowd, his hand not letting go of hers. She felt so safe behind this back, she used to put her head on for hours, like an armor protecting her from the work but all opening path for her. She suddenly heard her name being called, unconsciously she tighten up her hold on his hand. « Joo hyun ah darling! » a woman suddenly appeared in front of her, « It’s been so long! I feel like it’s been ages when it’s just been 3 months! » she said taking her in her arms. « Ommoeni! » Seohyun tried to say, being squeezed too much in Kyuhyun’s mother arms. « Mum you’re going to kill her » a feminine voice on the side said before hugging Seohyun as well, « Unnie. » Seohyun smiled hugging Kyuhyun’s older sister. « OMO you’re so skinny Joohyun ah! Kyuhyun ah! You’re not taking care of her! » she scolded her son, « Mum… » Kyuhyun whispered embarrassed, « People are watching. » he said. « Yeah you’re right. Let’s go somewhere more intimate. » she said referring to the fact that Seohyun and Kyuhyun were not known by people as a couple. « Too many journalist indeed. » added Ara. « Let’s have dinner at a restaurant. It’s been a long time, since I last got the opportunity to see my daughter in law » Mrs Cho added whispering, pinching Seohyun’s cheek. Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun looking for his help, which is understood, « Mom, Seohyun is tired, she’s been practicing all day for the musical and has SNSD practice tomorrow. Let’s just go us three together. I’ll even sleep at home tonight. » he said hugging his mother.

Seohyun looked as Kyuhyun’s mother seemed disappointed, she knew Mrs Cho considered her as her own daughter, and having to lie to her broke her heart. She wasn’t with Kyuhyun anymore but it did not mean she had to broke all contacts with his family. It’s not like she wouldn’t see them anymore, both her and Kyuhyun were from SM. And they would remain it for the rest of their life, or at least for the next 10 years…. « I can still come with you and not attend the practice tomorrow. The comeback has been delayed to february anyway. » she chuckled. « Are you sure? » Kyuhyun asked her which actually meant « Are you really going to take the act longer than we agreed on ? « It won’t be a problem Oppa. » she answered to him before linking arm with Mrs Cho « Should we eat italian Ommoeni? » she asked her while making their way towards the exit. Kyuhyun remained behind watching them leaving, he was thankful of Seohyun for helping him, and he should have expected her to be more than helpful. Actually he should have expected her to be his soulmate. « Are you coming? » his noona asked him, taking him out of his thoughts, « Yeah let’s open the third act » he whispered putting on his coat and following behind the three ladies. 

 

 

Ali.

I thought about this 1 year ago and it was supposed to take place during a SMTOWN Concert. But then METS happened and I couldn't not write a Seokyu story without making a reference to it... By the way I need to concentrate on something instead on writing multiple story without been finishing them...