The Fight

I Don't Know If I Can Risk It All

First HaeHyuk story~ <3

Title: the fight

All day Donghae had been acting strange when he was around Eunhyuk, his ever changing moods were enough to give the group whiplash. Eunhyuk couldn’t stand this he asked his best friend what was up and all he said was that they needed to talk and from previous experience 'we need to talk' never ended very nicely. Maybe he had something on his mind that he just wanted to tell the one he cares for the most about.

It was five in the evening when Donghae had asked Eunhyuk to meet so he as usual walked down to Hae's room. When he got there Donghae was sitting on the side of his bed staring at the wardrobe to his left.

"What is wrong, you wanted to see me?" Eunhyuk flashed a gummy smile at Donghae which felt like it was killing him even more. Hyuk's charm was powerful.

"Yes, this is a very hard conversation to have." Eunhyuk gulped, as far as he knew he had done nothing to upset his Hae he wouldn’t dare to. Then what could have him in this mood?

"What is it Hae?" Eunhyuk sat next to Donghae on his bed.

"I uhh…like you. I have feelings for you." Eunhyuk didn’t know what to say, here before him his best friend who he had known for ten years had just told him that he had feelings for him.

"Are these really your feelings?" Eunhyuk asked, he would have hated this to be all one crewel prank.

"Yes, it is okay if you don’t like me…" Donghae was beginning to feel worried, Hyukie hadn't answered him properly. He had opened his heart and given it to the one he loves will his love except it?

"No, they are my feelings too…" Donghae looked down and smiled, he wasn’t going to get his hopes up just yet.

"Can we date?" Donghae shyly asked.

"No…" Eunhyuk felt like he had just ripped Hae's heart out through his chest and threw it to the ground. He wanted this to happen so much.

"No?" Hae was confused. Surly if they had the same feelings then they should do something about them.

"If we were to date it would damage super junior. We couldn’t hurt anyone…we are famous now, with fans we would lose all respect that we have gathered all of these years. It's not fair to do this." Donghae could feel a lump begin to boil in the back of his throat. He couldn’t believe that he didn’t have a chance with the one he loves because of the life they live.

"But why should we care if we like each other, if we date we can keep it a secret! Please, I have liked you for a long time now…" Donghae begged.

"I don’t want to hurt anyone by doing this. Can't we just be friends?" Donghae didn’t want to just be friends with Eunhyuk, his feeling had tormented him for quite some time now and he couldn’t just get rid of something like that over night.

"Why should it matter what people think? Aishh! I really like you, I don’t want us to miss out on this; it's our lives why are we afraid to live them." Eunhyuk didn’t know what to say. He had told himself over and over again that dating Hae would cause problems for everyone so he was not allowed to have these feelings.

"I'm sorry Hae but I can't. I want to but I can't." Donghae began to release tears, they one-by-one strolled down his cheeks until his face was red and his eyes were sore.

"Please leave. I need to think about this." He didn’t want to look at Eunhyuk because he is Hae's eyes was the prize that was never to be won no matter how close he came; he was always in second place, he was the glass ceiling, always seen but out of reach. It was painful to bare.

"Alright." Eunhyuk left without a fuss. He shut the door behind him and collapsed against it. He couldn’t believe that, that had just happened. He had passed off  Hae's proposal to be together. He was a mad man. It was tearing him up inside, he was a fool.

"Hyung. Are you okay?" Sungmin happened to be on the way to the bathroom when he spotted the lonely Eunhyuk sitting outside of Donghae's room.

"Uhh…no actually but I can handle it." Donghae heard Sungmin and Eunhyuk's voice from inside his room. He was curious to what they had been talking about and why Eunhyuk was still lingering around his room so he opened the door. Eunhyuk suddenly stood up.

"Donghae, did you know Eunhyuk was here?" Sungmin asked puzzlingly. The pure hatred on Donghae's face told Sungmin that it was a personal issue and the he was no to get involved.

"No." Donghae brushed past Eunhyuk on his way out of his room. He didn’t say a word to Eunhyuk nor did he make eye contact with the man who shattered his heart into a thousand little pieces.

"Hyukkie, do you want to get some coffee with me?" Sungmin thought that if he separated Donghae from Eunhyuk maybe hyukkie would tell him what was wrong, that way he wasn’t accused of prying or being nosy.

"Sure." Eunhyuk followed Sungmin out of the dorm.

It was a cool day, there was no need to warrant a coat or a jumper for that matter, it was the perfect day. The two went to the coffee house next to the park not far from their dorm.

"Are you sure you are okay? It seemed like you and Donghae aren't on great terms?" Sungmin couldn’t help it, his worrying nature was too strong to be controlled. The sooner he knew the sooner he could give his advice to poor Eunhyuk.

"I will be. Don’t worry, we just had to discuss something that was very fragile. It didn’t go as well as I'd hoped but…I'll be okay." Eunhyuk stared down at his coffee, the swirl made from cream seemed so fascinating to his stressed mind.

"Yeah, you two are like brothers. I don’t think there is anything that can tear you apart." Sungmin was trying to cheer Eunhyuk up but because he didn’t know the situation he didn’t know what exactly to say to warm his Hyung's heart.

"I hope you are right…" Eunhyuk took a sip of his coffee, he had hoped that the scorching hotness of the drink would take his mind off of the pain his heart was going through.

"The coffee is nice right? I love coffee from there. I find it warms the heart and puts you at ease." Eunhyuk just nodded. Sungmin knew that it was too soon after what had happened from Eunhyuk to forget about the situation so he had to be patient with his Hyung.

"Do you just want to walk around? The air is nice today." Eunhyuk threw his coffee cup into the bin as he strolled past it. He closed his eyes and let the cool breeze wash over him making him feel calm and peaceful.

"Sure." Sungmin would do anything for Eunhyuk. He knew how hard it was to fall out with a best friend but he would never understand how hard it would be for Eunhyuk and Donghae who were practically joined at the hip.

"Sungmin, have you ever been in love with someone you can't have?" Eunhyuk asked bluntly.

"Like a one-sided-love?" Sungmin wasn’t quite sure what Eunhyuk was getting at but the fact that he brought it up was quite odd.

"No, I know these two guys and they finally confessed for each other and one of them really wants to date but the other is too afraid of what will happen if they do." Sungmin's eyes opened wide with shock. It wasn't directly told to him but he could get the hint; the two guys were Eunhyuk and Donghae…

"I don’t know…I think they should date. I mean they don’t have to jump into anything serious straight away but I'm sure they can build a relationship that they are both comfortable with." Sungmin tried not to reveal that he knew the true identity of the men they were referring to because then it would have made things awkward.

"The guy that doesn’t want to date is too scared about what others will think and how the people around him will suffer…as well as if things go bad the end of a friendship…what should he do?" Adding to the fictional story, Sungmin felt bad for Donghae and Eunhyuk, it was true. If something was to go wrong and they ended up breaking up then it could potentially end their friendship; as perfect a friendship as there is.

"I think that if the two were destined to be and love each other enough then they should be able to work through anything. But they have to be prepared to sacrifice a friendship…which is something precious." Sungmin was on neither side. He couldn’t predict the future so he couldn’t go around making decisions without thinking of the potential horrors to come.

"Their relationship is something which a lot of people envy and to destroy that would be like a crime." Eunhyuk knew that Sungmin probably knew that the two guys were him and Donghae but it was easier to refer to them as strangers to get a fair judgment.

"Well I guess that is something that they would have to think about. Is being together worth risking a friendship or is their friendship to valuable to be damaged?" Sungmin didn’t think that them being together romantically was the worst idea because they are already almost like a couple so nothing much would really change between them.

"You are right…this is so damn hard. For them, I wish life was easier…" Sungmin put his arm around his Hyung and patter Eunhyuk's shoulder in aid to comfort his aching soul.

"Life is life at the end of the day. Now how about we get something real to drink?" Sungmin was really cute drunk, he would be flirty and trippy, a perfect gentle men. His drunken behaviour would sure make Eunhyuk laugh because a drunk Sungmin was always a party changer.

I hope you like it! I have never really done a HaeHyuk story before so let me know wat you think!  :)