3} roadside stall

❝the greatest perhaps of all — drabbles and oneshots

Piper was beyond tired.

She couldn’t keep up with the fast pace of the monstrous pit called society.

it all, she decided to skip work that day.

it all, she didn’t love Taemin any longer.

it all, she was going to have some fun. She hoped.

Or she could just stay at home and catch up on some much-needed sleep.

She watched lazily from under the covers as her clock ticked from 11:10am to 11:11am. Time to make a wish.

Her stomach was growling. She decided to go downstairs to grab some brunch.

But she was fickle. As the bell to her right signaled her arrival, she stepped out of the shop.

Why not try something new?

She walked, walked, walked along the streets of Seoul until she hardly recognized anything anymore. But who cared? She wasn’t looking for familiar faces. She was young, wild and free. She was adventurous.

She stopped as she debated on her lunch choices – the warm, cozy-looking shop over at the corner or the freezing street vendor by the roadside?

She headed for the small vehicle – she had always loved the hot, inviting steam unfurling out from the plastic sheets, shielding everyone from the slight drizzle.

There were few customers, as expected – the drops of rain were keeping patrons away. Piper went up to the counter overlooking the sumptuous-looking famous street snacks of South Korea.

Piper peeled away her eyes from the mouth-watering delicacies. She locked gazes with a tall, thin, handsome  boy who looked her age – or perhaps younger.

“You don’t look like the type who’d be standing out here in the cold selling glutinous rice cakes,” she told him.

He looked at her from top to bottom. “Well, you look exactly like the type who’d stereotype,” he retorted with a roll of an eye. “Now tell me what you want, I haven’t got all day.”

Piper frowned, then laughed. Who cared what he thought about her? “The rice cakes,” she ordered, biting her lip in concentration. “And blood sausages. And the fish cakes, with lots of soup.”

The boy – man? – looked at her sceptically. “You sure you can finish this?”

“Yeah, well,” Piper shrugged. “You can eat with me if you want.”

His eyes glinted. “You’ll pay everything?”

Piper hesitated, then nodded.

He stuck out his hand. “It’s a done deal,” he said firmly. “I’m Oh Sehun.”

Piper shook it. “And I’m Gwang Piper.”

 


yey, double update. i find i like to use sehun as a main character in my stories. i dunno, he just fits that sliceoflife image i have of him. otl.

so, tell me what you think of piper.

i think she's usually a bright and cheerful girl who's just tired out by her daily regime.

everyone needs a break now and then.