4} x'mas

❝the greatest perhaps of all — drabbles and oneshots

The smell of pumpkin pie wafted around the neighbourhood. Everywhere Choa went, she could smell Christmas. Turkey, stuffing, gingerbread, eggnogs, pudding. was watering.

Choa trudged through the snow drearily, a guitar strapped on her back. Her family was out on a vacation, having a sunny Christmas in Australia with all the chickens, pigs, cows and crops. She would have to make do with a microwave dinner.

As she neared her house, she spotted a lone, shivering figure, carrying huge bags, sitting on her porch steps. She quickened her steps. Jongin?

It was him. She broke into a sprint, rushing toward him at full speed. She hoped she wasn’t too late.

“Jongin? Jongin!” She shook his almost lifeless body frantically. His eyelids fluttered gently, like the soft pulsing of a butterfly’s wings. He was alive. Choa darted up the steps and unlocked the door with a certain sense of urgency before dragging Jongin in.

She pulled Jongin beside the heater and hit the switch. Phew. At least he would be safe for now. She bounded upstairs to put her things down and change out of her wet clothes. One more mouth to feed. Sigh. But still, it was Jongin. How could she ever say no?

Now warm and dry, she gaped at the scene before her. Jongin was up and running, seeming almost as good as new if not for the few shivers he had ever so often, his matted hair and his wet clothes.

“What are you doing?” Choa approached. “Are you all right? You gave me such a fright.”

“I’m cooking,” he said nonchalantly as if it was nothing, turning to her with a cheery smile on his face. “Don’t worry, I’m fine.”

“Why are you cooking?” she asked again anxiously, hurriedly grabbing a towel from the rack. She fumbled with Jongin’s zip and dried him the best she could once the jacket was off.

“For you, of course.” He said, bringing out a pre-prepared turkey from one of his bags. He put it into the oven and set the timer. “No one likes to spend a Christmas alone.”

“But…” Choa faltered. She smiled at his words. “Thank you.”

“It’s fine,” he grinned casually. “Besides, I would do anything to make you happy. You’re the one I love, after all.”

Choa jerked in surprise at his words. So he did reciprocate her feelings after all. With slow hesitant steps, she placed her arms around Jongin’s waist and buried her face in his back. She could feel his body heat radiating from under his thin sweater.

It was nice.

 


So... this is clearly a sign that I need to snap out of the holiday mood. Ugh.

But anyway, don't you think Choa (AOA <33) kinda fits the musical-singer-rookie kinda image? I could totally imagine her trudging through... whatever... alone with a guitar slung across her back.