Should've Taken Longer

A Fanboy's Dream

"So..." Chaerin muttered.

Kris nodded, "Yeah."

Well, this is awkward.

"Can you try pressing it once more?" The charismatic leader of 2ne1 asked, voice laced with hope.

Sending the woman a small grin, Kris pressed the OPEN DOOR button of the elevator again, waiting a couple of seconds before shaking his head at the other idol, "Still not working."

Smiling dejectedly, Chaerin nodded her head, "Oh, thanks anyways."

"You're welcome."

"..."

"...Uh, your performance," Kris began, cheeks becoming a light shade of pink as he tried to begin a conversation, "It was...," he stopped, unsure of how to continue.

Looking up at him, Chaerin giggled softly at his blushing face, "Yeah?," She urged him to continue, wanting to get rid of the awkward silence as well.

Kris stiffened slightly at her giggles. He never would've imagined the fierce, intimidating female before him as the type to...giggle.

Smiling slightly, he met his senior's eyes. Somehow her laughter made him feel a bit more at ease speaking to her.

"I enjoyed it a lot. Your performance with Lee Hyori-sunbaenim was the best of the night," He complimented, smirking as a blush appeared on her face as well.

"Thank you, Kris-ssi," Chaerin replied, "Your performance with your group was great as well."

Cute, Kris thought to himself, before chuckling.

"Thanks, CL-sunbaenim."

Leaning against the elevator's wall, Chaerin waved her hand in a 'no need' manner.

"Chaerin, just call me Chaerin. No formalities please."

Nodding, Kris spoke up as well, "Then call me Yifan. It'd only be fair for you to call me by my birth name as well."

Chaerin smiled softly in return, "Alrightie then."

Both then stood comfortably, allowing silence to take over.

As she leant against the wall, the brunette closed her eyes and lost herself to her thoughts. Yifan, seeing this, took the opportunity to study the captivating woman before him.

Observing her facial features, he realized that she had a slight feline feel to her eyes. He smirked at the thought before studying the rest of the younger female.

Somehow, without realizing, his eyes found themselves glued to her lips.

They look soft.

Grinning thoughtlessly, he moved his gaze to her face as a whole, taking in the serene expression on her face as she mulled over some thought.

Exo M's leader's usually cold eyes softened.

How does anybody find this adorable woman intimidating?

"What?" Chaerin questioned, breaking him from his reverie as she stared at him confusedly. "Is there something on my face?," She brought her hands to her cheeks as though to check.

Chuckling amusedly, Kris shook his head, "No. Your face is fine...perfect, actually."

Blushing all kinds of red, 2ne1's leader turned her head away with a startled gasp, "Yah, Yifan!"

Before Kris had the time to retort, the elevator dinged and the door slid open, revealing a nervous repairman, "Sorry it took so long to fix," the man muttered with a sheepish grin.

"N-No problem!," Chaerin exclaimed before bowing towards Kris, "I'll see you around," she stated with a shy smile, before walking away in a desperate attempt at hiding her growing blush.

The tall leader watched her leave with a small sigh.

"You should've taken longer."

The repairman gave Kris a curious look, "What was that, sir?"

Shaking his head, he walked away.

"Nothing."


Note:

I'm not sure if I should end it here as a one-shot or continue it as a story....What do you think?

I hope you all enjoyed it and please leave a comment down below telling me what you thought of this. Sorry for any mistakes; it's been a while since I've last written anything lol. (: