The Mistake

The Lost Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The Mistake[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Warning: Violence ahead!

The boy sprinted, blindly for his life as the nameless creatures chased after him. He fired aimlessly in the dark room, unable to see anything, expecting to catch at least one of the bunch before they'd shred him into pieces. He was running out of breath and his desperate steps were slowing down, losing hope of survival as he was the last one left, there was not much he could do against a dozen beasts hungry for human flesh. Then it happened, he stumbled over a cardboard box and fell sideways—

"Omo! I can't watch this, it's scary!" one of the girls fiercely whispered as she covered her eyes and turned away from the sight before her, the other brunette however, looked immensly interested as she concentrated without a care in the world.

"Ssshhh." she hushed, furrowing her dark brows. 

The moonlight glinted in the room and the young man caught a glimpse of his pursuers, and his eyes widened in disgust and fear; bald heads and big bloodshot red eyes, and pale translucent skin that showed the almost black veins in their skinny bodies. Their mouths were unnaturally wide as they howled in laughter; entertaining themselves by torturing him as they smelt the fear pouring off of him like a waterfall. He shot again, catching one by surprise as the bullet only pierced it's arm. The unknown creature screamed in pain and when it witnessed the blood seeping out of it's arm; It shrieked loudly in anger before jumping on the helpless boy—

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... And the screen turned black.

Three. Two. O—

"Yah!! I was watching that!" declared Sora, annoyed due to being interrupted.

"Ugh! That was creepy! It's giving me goosebumps!"

"It's only a movie." Sora sighed in frustration, laying on her stomach as she swung her feet up and down.

"I know, but still, what if things like that were real?" Minji wondered out loud, Sora looked at her and blinked before she shook her head and laughed.

"Of course not silly, the supernatural doesn't exist, there's no way those things are real!" she stated, although she herself was a fan of the make-believe creatures. But reality is harsh, isn't it?

"Ugh great! Now I'll get nightmares!" Minji, her best friend shuddered at the simple thought of getting nightmares.

"Tch! It's not even real, plus how can you get nightma— omo!" she gasped as her eyes unconciously met the clock, "Minji-yah! Look at the time, why didn't you tell me it was so late?" she questioned, "I have to go now!" the light brown haired female claimed.

"What? Why? We have lots to talk about yet!" whined the quirky best friend,

"mianhe, I will come over some other time, but it's already late and if I don't leave now, umma and appa will be really worried!" she panicked, getting up from the bed and gathering her things.

"Seriously, they should let you out more." Minji told her.

"It's okay, I'm happy as it is," the female softly shook her head, "besides; they're my parents, they would only want the best for me, right?" Sora replied, making up an excuse to stop Minji from trying to convince her to step out of her comfort zone.

"True, but there's always your social life and other stuff. You're already an adult but I can't even imagine you go near alcohol and drugs! And I've seen you kick with that Taekwondo you learnt, so they haven't got a thing to worry about!

"It's not that they don't let me out Minji, I don't want to go out, it's not like I'm a social butterfly and I have you, don't I? That's enough. I don't want to make new friends, people only see me as a "cold " anyway." She stated, air quoting some of the words that had been said about her behind her back. She was very well aware of what people thought about her, she didn't want or need fake kindness, she'd rather be told those ugly things on her face, but even then she wouldn't care.

"There we go again," Minji rolled her eyes in annoyance, although she understood why her best friend of six years was uncomfortable in big crowds, Sora still irritated the hell out of her by not even trying to make other friends. "You and your socially awkward self. How would people know the real you when you just drive them away before even giving them a chance?"

"I don't know," she shrugged carelessly, "they hate me anyway, so what's the point of faking all smiles? They make my jaws hurt." She stated coolly before she palmed both sides of her face, unintentionally making herself look adorably cute.

"Alright mother, I understand," Minji stated sarcastically as she sighed in defeat and changed the topic before her ears would explode from listening to Sora's stupid reasons. 

"Gosh Minji! Stop stalling me, I'm already past curfew!" She gasped again as she glanced at the clock.

"Yeah, yeah, off you go," she said as she made shooing motions with her hand, "oh wait! Wouldn't it be quicker if appa dropped you off? He can see your parents as well." Minji said for the benefit of her best friend, as carefree as she seemed, she still worried  about Sora, plus it was already dark outside who knows what's out there.

"No," Sora replied, being considerate, "don't bother samchon I will be fine by myself."

"Ok then be careful, I heard there's a creeper on the loose."

"Don't worry, I have a black belt!" she beamed. 

"Yeah, see you tommorow!"

"Bye-bye!" she waved and walked out. Unconciously smiling as her heart warmed at her caring best friend and her parents who treated her as if she was their own daughter. Although, she did wonder at times if Minji had befriended her shy and awkward self out of sympathy for they were polar oppasites; Minji was an outgoing girl, loud and always happy.

On the other hand, Sora was a quiet, reserved girl, she was shy around strangers and hardly opened up to anyone, which is the reason why people thought she was cold. But then Minji came with her bright and outgoing  personality, she was completely different from Sora, yet sometimes, she felt as though she could not get along better with anyone else.

They were sisters, having been together since the first year of middle school, Sora could not come to trust somebody as wholly as she trusted Minji, except her parents of course; but that was a given. Since they were her parents, however sometimes, nothing stopped her from keeping things to herself, she was just a little secretive about her private life, that's all. But also because her parents were a bit protective of her, they would not permit her to be outside at this hour; the sun was going down and she had to hurry and get home, or the Parks would become worried.

Sora stopped in front of an alley, debating wether to take the shorcu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter