Finally Reunited

I Lost the Bet from the Beginning

"MUSIC~ BANK!" Minki and Xero chorused.
"Annyeonghaseyo, Topp Dogg Xero imnida!" Xero introduced and bowed.
"Annyeonghaseyo! Playlist Kim Minki imnida!" Minki greeted with sweetest smile she could ever give and bowed.
"We are the guest MCs for today's Music Bank!" Xero announced.
"Ne, me and Xero-ssi both has the first time in MC-ing, please take care of us!" Minki said.
"Minki-ssi, how do you feel?" Xero asked.
"Eo, I'm so nervous! But I'll do my best!" Minki answered, cheerful as ever. "How about you, Xero-ssi?"
"Ah, I'm nervous too! But I'm excited at the same time" Xero answered enthusiastically.

"Geuraeyo! Another week comebacks we have here!" Minki announced."Hot debuts from rookies too"
"Kurochi! Now shall we begin with our first perfomers?" Xero asked.
"Must be something~" Minki sang and danced a little from Girl's Day's Something's choreography.
"Girl's Day! Something!" They both announced and tried to dance Something.

Girl's Day started performing. Minki and Xero went backstage since they're not yet needed. When they got in, they stared at each other for a few minutes then....

"PWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" They broke into fits of laughter. Minki kept on slapping Xero while he was on the floor already, laughing hard. "Kim Minki! Have you seen your face a while ago?!" Xero asked playfully.
"Have you seen yours?! It looks like your a teenage girl in love for the first time!" Minki asked back, still can't control her laughter. "Ah, I'm nervous too! But excited at the same time!" Minki mimicked what Xero said a while ago.
"Bwo?! Have you even seen yourself?!" Xero spat back. "Must be Something~" it his turn to copy his bestfriend.
"At least I did better than you!" Minki defended. This made Xero laugh more.
"Yeah, whatever flies your spaceship" he said then laughed again.

After minutes, they decided to stop laughing. How can they not? They're running out of breath. "Ah, my stomach" Minki said while struggling to breath. "How many minutes more before we go back to stage?" Minki asked. Xero glanced at his watch. "Um, there's still lots more" he answered."What shall we do?"
"Ah, let's go and eat!" Minki suggested. "Minkyung unnie prepared me a lunch before leaving, kaja kaja~" she sang, unconciously holding her hand out to Xero which he held immediately held. Minki's eyes widened because of the contact of their hands. Why did I do that? she thought. 

They skipped their way to the dressing room."Why are you skipping?!"
"What's wrong with skipping?!"
"You look like a gay!" Minki bursted to another fits of laughter.
"You know? You're just hungry, let's go and eat" Xero dragged his laughing best friend to the dressing room.

[Minki's POV]

It's been a while since I held Jiho's hands. It's still warm like the way it is when we were young. I can't help but blush and smile at the same time. Its like time has slowed down the moment he grabbed my hand. It felt right but it felt wrong. My hand fits perfectly in his but I know that holding his hand doesn't mean something to him. I'm still a best friend to him.

"Minki-yah, aren't you gonna open the door?" Xero snapped me out of my trance and that's when I realized that we are in front if the dressing room's door. "Uh, oh yeah" I fetched the key from my pocket and opened the door. "Are you okay? Something bothering you?" he asked, his voice with a hint of concern.
"Nothing, I'm okay" I replied with a smile. What a lie...
"Are you sure?" he asked once more, unsure.
"Yes, I'm fine Jiho" I reassured and pulled him inside.
"You're really weird" he muttered."A while ago, you were laughing your lungs out and then you suddenly became quiet"
"That's why you love me, right?" that's what I usually tell him if he says something negative about me, I didn't mean it though but I wish that one day he would reply with a yes. Just a simple yes but I know my feelings aren't reciprocated.
"Oh please, how could I not? It's the one and only Kim Minki! Where else can I find such beautiful creature?!" he exclaimed, sarcasm dripping out of his words.
"Oh of course! You would never find someone like me, I'm special" I rode along his sarcasm.
"Yeah, special" he snickered.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Yah! Kim Minki! Ireona! Ppali!" Heerin shoke Minki violently. "Yah! Ireona! You have to see something downstairs! It's important!"

Minki groaned and forced herself up. "Arasseo unnie, I'll be there" she mumbled, half asleep.
"You better come down or I'll have to make you" Heerin threatened.
"Arasseo! I'll go down" Minki said and got off her bed.

After Minki washed herself, she went downstairs to find out what her unnie is talking about. When she reached the living room, she saw her members gaping, gaping at a sheet of paper Taemyung was holding. There were also three cameramen filming the whole scene.

Everyone felt her existence so they all turned to Minki, still gaping. Also the cameramen turned to focus on Minki. "What? Why are you all looking at me like that? Why are there cameras here?" she asked, looking at her members weirdly. She then turned her attention to the paper. "What is this?"
"Read" Minjung grabbed the first letter from Taemyung and handed it to her.

Minki read the letter. "Minki of Playlist! You're joining We Got Married" Minki read. It took her few seconds to realize. "WHAT?!" she bursted.
"You are going to We Got Married"  Minchan blurted."Read the other letter, it's from your Soon-to-be husband"

She grabbed the other paper from Taemyung and scanned it. "Dear future wifeu" Minki began. "I am so excited and at the same time, nervous. I'm really curious of who will my wife be. I'm a little nervous because you might not like me. I can be a little stubborn sometimes and I may not be able to meet your expectations." Minki finished the first paragraph. She chuckled at the first sentence, it reminded her of Xero during their special MC-ing in Music Bank.

"I'm the main dancer of a rookie boy group who just debuted last October and it's rare because We Got Married usually would get a 'not so rookie' member right? Oh well, I'm happy anyway. I'm getting married! Who ever you are, please take care of me, arasseoyo? Let's live a happy marriage, even just for a while. I can't wait to meet you! Hopefully yours, your future husband" The sweetness of Minki's mysterious husband made her somehow smile. "Aww, isn't that guy sweet?" Minkyung squealed, punching the sofa pillows.

"Wait! There's more!" Minki announced. "PS : What should I call you? What should we call each other?" she read. 
"Aigoo, he's excited to see you Minki~" Minmin cooed.
"Eyy, you're excited too~ why don't you write him a letter too?" Minyoung suggested.
"Yeah, that would be great! Write one!" Jaemin jumped up and down in joy.
"Arasseo! That would be great" Minki agreed and stood up from her place and went to get a sheet of paper and a pen.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Yep yep! This is the day Minki!" Minki said to herself, facing the mirror. She's wearing a lavender dress that is just above her knees. She's also wearing a black polo blouse that is tied above her waist. A pair of light-yellow flats, a wavy, brown hair that falls perfectly on her shoulders. She looks perfect.

Checking herself one last time in the mirror, she nodded in satisfaction. She got out of her bedroom and went downstairs. "Aigoo, look at our Minki~" Minkyung cooed as she was the first one to see Minki's appearance.
"Aigoo, she got to excited in meeting her husband~" Minjung sang.
"Yah, our van is already prepared outside!" Yohyun announced. Minki nodded, and headed out, followed by the cameramen.

A cool breeze brushed against Minki's face and the sun shone bright, bright enough to make someone's day. Minki inhaled the morning air then a big smile formed on her face. "I'm gonna get married" she whispered.

"Minki-ssi, how do you feel?" one of the cameramen asked as they got in the van. Minki turned to the camera and smiled. "Aigoo, I'm so nervous ajusshi! I don't know what will my husband's impression be when he meets me" Minki answered. "Wish me luck ajusshi!"
"Aigoo, then think too much! I'm sure he'll like you"
"Gamsahnida~" she thanked and made a little bow.

After a few minutes, Minki finally reached her destination, her so-called future husband's and her meeting place. "A dance studio?" Minki questioned, eyeing the dance studio in front of her.
"Ne" one of the writers answered. "Since both of you are dancers of the group, we had decided for you two to meet in this place"
"Ah, geuraeyo! Let's get in then!" in a split second, Minki already hurried inside the dance studio. She can't contain her excitement already.

"Wah, lots of rooms" Minki gawked at her surroundings. "Where do I go?"
"Ah, this way Minki-ssi" one of the writers said, leading Minki to a door with something on it. "We Got Married's Dancer Couple~" she read and chuckled.

"Since your husband is not yet around, you can dance a bit Minki-ssi, the songs are ready too, you can choose" the writer noona instructed.
"Ah, arasseoyo" Minki nodded. "I'll wait here, thank you for guiding me" she bowed and with that, she is left in the room. There are cameras attached to the corners of the room.

Minki stretched a little then went to the laptop to play some music. The first song that she played was Playlist's debut song. "Brings back memories" she mumbled to herself and began dancing.

After dancing, she decided to shuffle the songs and it turns out that the next song is 'Say it' of Topp Dogg. Minki's facial expression twisted in confusion. "Why is that song there?" she got a little bit suspicious though. At first, the letter somehow reminded her of her best friend. The letter also says that his group debuted last october and only Topp Dogg debuted at that time and now there's their debut song. "A little bit suspicious, isn't it?" she mumbled to herself.

She just shrugged those thoughts off and decided to dance to the song anyway. Being best friends with Xero, of course she knows the choreography...somehow.

Unknown to her, someone was watching her from the door....