XII : Deal

In The Club
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rushed chap, typos and grammar slips are expected

 

 

 

How would you know if someone truly loves you?

 

How would you know that their feelings are sincere towards you?

 

Could you see it in their eyes?

 

Could you feel it through your heart?

 

 

Dara did not know what and how to feel. Sure when she was with Seunghyun, he could feel the guy did love her. but hearing the news about the bet. She was sure of nothing anymore. Whirlwinds of emotions were building up inside Dara, causing various thoughts rushing in her head. She did not know what to do or what to feel. She would be lying if she said she was not. How can she not feel hurt, she had truly loved him. She fell for a man whom she thought could love the flaws in her. He fell for someone who was not truly in love with her. She was a fool to fall for his acts. She had been weak towards him.

 

Of course. Why would a handsome and gorgeous Seunghyun love a pathetic looking poor girl like Dara. She wasn't even in their line of status in the society. To say she already had thought of these in the past before diving into this hole of broken relationship with Seunghyun made her more disgusted with herself. She had the chance to back off from Seunghyun and stay away from getting hurt. But what did she do? She gave in with his pretenses and let the guy play with her heart.

 

Somewhere from a distance, a faint sound of a heart cracking open was heard. And Dara let another stream if tears flow down her pretty face. They were warm and it tasted salty when they reached her lips. Don't cry anymore, Dara. She told herself in a quivering voice.

 

 

 

Choi Seunghyun tricked her?

 

 

Or did he really?

 

 

Suddenly the words of Bom reminding her not to let her guards down towards Seunghyun flashed in her mind.

 

“I trust you, Dara. I hope he truly loves you.”

 

The words kept repeating in her head like a broken record. It was not her fault that she gives her trust that easy to people. Nor it was her fault to feel love and hoping to be loved back. That's so natural to people, too human to do just that.

 

 

 

Did she really feel in love with the wrong person?

 

 

A small voice in her head screamed yes.

 

 

But she could not admit it to herself that her heart said otherwise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tonight the stars were out accentuating the dark and gloomy night. The skies were dark, not even the moonlight was enough to provide enough brightness to the skies. Darkness and cold engulfing the stillness of the atmosphere.

 

Dara closed her eyes as the last drop of tears flowed down her pale cheeks. She had decide tomorrow she would have a talk with him. With Seunghyun.

 

 

 

Seunghyun's week in school has been hell, tons and tons of assignments were meant for him to finish as per his professors's reprimand saying it was his sanction for slacking off at the university. Hell would he bother to study hard, a position is already waiting for him in their company as the only heir of the Choi Industries - a renowned company in Seoul.

 

 

He missed giving his girlfriend a ride to her workplace. He missed the cutesy in Dara's laughter, the lovely crescents forming in her eyes as they crinkle when she laughs. She's been Dara-deprived lately and it . He had to see her, it's been a while. A very troublesome and miserable week without Dara.

 

 

As a gentleman to Dara, Seunghyun went about fifteen minutes early before Dara's usual schedule to go to work. And he decided on giving his princess a surprise as he placed a bouquet of white roses on the empty seat next to the driver seat. Off he went to pick up the love of his life.

 

 

 

Dara had long woken up from sleep and just got off from the shower as she was drying off her hair with a towel in her hands. She rubbed it slowly in her hair to completely dry her beautiful brown locks. Satisfied, she started looking for a decent pair of jeans and a Tee shirt in her closet. This was her usual outfit everyday as she goes to work. However she looked decent and cute in them anyways, so it's just fine. She was not a fan of anything fancy and extravagant unlike other girls.

 

When other girls would go for a skin tight skinny leggings, Dara would choose a ragged maong washed out jeans, not too tight encasing her precious skinny legs. When the rest of the girls would prefer pink blouses and dress shirts, Dara would wear a plain colored Tee shirt, a comfy one at that. She was not used to being dressing up to impress people. She would rather be comfortable with her clothes, she did not have anyone to impress anyways.

 

At that thought a wave of insecurity pinched her skin. Maybe if she dressed up like those girls Seunghyun might have really fell in love with her. Maybe just maybe, he would have given her a genuine attention.

 

It's not the typical Dara to cut herself short and look lowly of herself. She was just thinking of matching up with her gorgeous model-esque boyfriend.

 

 

Boyfriend.

 

 

Just yesterday that word sounded sweet and loving, yet today it was bitter than any pill she had taken to ease her headache.

 

 

Could she still consider him as boyfriend, now that she knew she was just a bet?

 

 

She should not, right? It had hurt her enough. And enough is enough, she did not wanna get hurt again. Especially to that Choi Seunghyun.

 

 

 

 

A sound of car parking outside her flats, brought her back to reality from too much series of overthinking. She got curious as to who it was. Not long after, she heard a knock on the door and she made her way out of her room to open it. She twisted the knob and pulled it open.

 

To her surprise, Seunghyun was there standing with a bouquet of beautiful and aromatic white roses in his hands. A bright smile was plastered on the guy's handsome face. Her heart swelled at the sight of a loving boyfriend. Her heart was touched at the gesture, her boyfriend was giving her a bouquet. She felt her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter