Bus Ride || Daejae

Young and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bus Ride 

 DaeJae; hint of HimUp

 

*************************************************************

 

Youngjae has this routine. He rides Bus 48 everyday exactly at 7:15 am in the morning and 6:30 in the afternoon. And he never misses a day.

This is his daily life. He leaves home early though his classes start at 8:30. At dismissal, he’ll refuse any kind of after school activities and would be at the station waiting for mere fifteen minutes for the same bus. For someone at his age, who normally gains happiness with friends and games, he finds it within this everyday-twenty minutes ride. Short moments where he can have a glimpse of this one particular passenger.

A boy, probably the same age as him, who wears the uniform from the arts school two stops from his and a white headphones over his ears. Brown chestnut hair, fringes falling softly just right above those pair of dark orbs. High bridge nose, sculpted cheekbones and plump lips that mouths lyrics and creates soft melodic hums. Narrow shoulders, slim stature yet perfectly fit with his nay blue uniform jacket.

He always sits at the window seat left column five rows behind the driver. And Youngjae, well, he sits at two rows from this boy or just anywhere available that can make it easier to watch him without being obvious. The nearest he’d been is directly at the back seat of him that made it possible for him to hear his singing voice. But he never, ever thought of sitting beside him, even the seat is always empty. He just doesn’t think he has enough courage to do so or the confidence. Besides it will be hard to take a glance if sits there. He can’t risk being caught and be branded as weird or worst.

There are times that he will intend to miss his home and stays until the boy gets off on his stop.He doesn’t know why he do that, it’s not like he has any intention of talking to him or follow him home. No, he’s not that desperate to be a stalker. Obsessed, maybe, a little, if thinking about him at any possible time may it be on school or before sleeping is considered as obsession. He just can’t help it. The boy intrigues him so much. Seeing him, though from afar, completes his day and puts a smile on him that lasts until the next day.

 

Today is supposed to be the same as always only that the seat on fifth row is empty. He checks his watch and confirms that it is the right time. He wanders his gaze at whole area, hoping to maybe find the other in a different seat but failed as the early ride is consisted with this old couple at the back and a long haired colorful girl who is shooting him a curious look. He walks to his usual seat, frown decorating his face.

This is first time in the whole nine months that the boy is not there. Is he sick? He concerns. Or does he take an earlier bus? And his frown gets deeper until he reaches his school and his mood as off all day.

He is able to get through the day, with complains from his best friend JongUp about this plastered downward smile on him and an unfocused mind resulting for a low score in their English quiz. He bids goodbye to his friends and hurriedly runs towards the stop. He gets there on time as the bus parks on the side letting the passengers board.

He can’t help feeling giddy as he climbs the vehicle. But everything simply drains down the pipe, as someone not him occupying the fifth row window seat. He stands rooted on the bus door gaining looks from the other people.

“are you getting in?” He hears the old hoarse voice from the driver seat. He bows in apology and walks to the empty seat at the back, his eyes keep on staring at that spot.

Today, is officially, the worst day in the history. He just prays that tomorrow will be back to normal.

But it seems that his prayer doesn’t reach the heavens. Not only the next day, but the whole week, that the boy is not present in their bus ride. He gets worry about him but has no way to even know his real condition. From then on, his days became dull and different. Friday came and still the boy didn’t show up in their usual morning ride.

 

 

“Hey Jae, wanna hang out after class?” Jong Up clambers on his back almost making him stumbles down with the weight. He nudges his friend with his elbow as he continues his walk back to the classroom.

“nah..pass”

“C’mon..you barely hang out with us since the year started..you don’t have girlfriend, do you?”

“no, I don’t have..i’m not in the mood..”

Jong Up sneers. “you’re always not in the mood..last time you said you’re doing some chores..then the other you said you’re not feeling good..are you avoiding me”

Youngjae rolls his eyes as he makes a turn to the corner. “No I’m not..why would I?”

“but you’re always saying no..” he feels heavy arm falling down around his shoulder. “cmon, dude..it’s weekend tomorrow..we’re not staying up late, promis..please”

Youngjae turns to face his friend who is now doing this puppy pleading eyes and pouting thing. He sighs. “fine..eight max, ok?”

“Deal.”

“so where are we going?”

Jong Up steps in front of him blocking his way towards the room’s entrance. “remember Himchan?”

Youngjae raises a brow. “oh, of course. He’s that senior hyung that you’re crushing with since middle school”

“NO..I’m not” Jong Up quickly objected sneaking glances at his sides making sure no one heard it. “admiration..with his talents”

“and looks..” Jong Up glares at him. Youngjae chuckles. “ok, fine..talent..so what is it to do with Mr. pretty boy?”

“well..he kind of..invited me to watch their performance..tonight..”

Youngjae narrows his eyes as he comes to realization of the situation. “I think I know this..you want me to come with you not to hang out as ‘friends’ but to accompany you because you can’t go alone”

“no.. i want to hang out with you” Youngjae stares at him hardly. He swallows a lump. “fine..and also to accompany me cause I don’t want to be alone..with him..maybe?”

“I think I’m passing this one..”He pushes the other so he can walk through in to the room, striding his way to his seat.

“cmon you already said yes”

“but it was when I didn’t know what and where”

“please..Youngjae..please..I’m your best friend, right..please please”

Youngjae sighs as the begging in front of him increases and other students are giving them attention.

“fine..stand up from there, will you..where is this?”

“Hongdae..at this bar”

“bar? Are we even allowed there?”

“I think so..well, it’s not really the ‘bar’ you are thinking..it’s more of a music bar..”

Youngjae lets out a deep breath before nodding his head. He’s not sure if it’s a good idea to come along but, well, he really feels guilty neglecting his best friend these past few months and also he needs something to keep his mind from grieving about the boy’s absence the whole week.

“ok..but I’m telling you..i’m leaving when I feel like the third wheel in this thing, araso?”

Jong Up thumbs up to him assuring that it won’t happen before hurriedly walking out of the room as the bell rings.

 

 

Youngjae looks up the bright neon sign ‘The MusicBAR’ hanging on top of big glass entrance door. He then lets his eyes watch the people coming in and out of the said premise looking all casual compared to what he’s still on.

“maybe we should have gone home first..change clothes or something”

“no need..just lose the coat and the tie” Jong Up says as he runs his fingers on his hair messing it for a more rugged look.

“you sure that big man by the door will let us in..i mean we’re wearing high school uniforms..”

As soon as the question was said, a tall slim boy walks towards their direction. He is wearing a black fitted shirt, paired with a black skinny jeans and high boots, hair styled up with gel and face seems a lot fairer than usual completed with light make up.

“you came..” The voice is so deep that it sends shivers down Youngjae’s spine. Now it makes sense why his best friend has been worshipping this man for years.

“Himchan-hyung..of course I will come” Youngjae raises a brow as his normally loud friend becomes soft spoken and prim.

“and Youngjae, right?” The boy gives him his attention. He nods and reaches the hand for a shake.

“C’mon we’re up in a few..” He says and they follow. Himchan signals something to the bouncer at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter