Episode 4 - Jealousy is in the air

It's we who own the life

Episode 4

 

Lu Han and YoonA were on their usual morning routine on the weekdays where a multitasking YoonA busily prepared a simple breakfast for her husband while packing up all of her things to bring to her work and relaxed-Lu Han who excitedly stuffed an egg & cheese sandwich and sometimes a cup of oatmeal that left untouched by YoonA into his mouth. YoonA was extremely occupied this morning as she had to set up everything she required for her business trip to Jeju and assuring that all of the things her husband needed were there in its places. Lu Han had already proposed an idea to help her out, but she rejected his offer as she reasoned that she still had enough time on her hands to handle everything by herself. So, he just sat there, watching her walk back and forth from the kitchen, bedroom, living room, and back to the kitchen again, while eating up his breakfast until the last pieces and let out an ‘okay’ or ‘I get it’ every time she told him something about the existence of his things or other request that she left him to do. 

“Hey baby, when are you going to leave? You look like you are in a hurry.” Lu Han asked his wife as he saw her walk into the living room with a big luggage on her hand.

She let out a heavy sigh, placing her luggage on the table near their 42’ LED TV, before turning her head to look at him. “At eight I guess. Oh, did I look that obvious? Sehun texted me that he already left his house, so..”

“See? You should have allowed me to help you, Babe. And why does he have to pick you up? I can accompany you to your office if you want.”

“No need, Lu Han. We are going straight to the airport. Besides, you have a meeting to catch up, don’t you?” She said as she walked towards him.

“I.. can make some time for you. By the way, do you have to bring so many things in your luggage?” He pointed the big luggage with his eyes. “It absolutely looks so big and packed for a three days and two nights business trip. You don’t have a plan to change it to a vacation or honeymoon trip, do you?” He looked at her with a clear suspicion in his eyes.

She chuckled softly, slightly amused by his jealous behavior. “Are you jealous? Honey, believe me. There’s nothing going on between us and there won’t be anything. So, clear out any suspicion from your mind and trust me, okay?” She cupped his face and looked at him right in the eyes.

“I trust you. But- ”

She tiptoed as she gave him a peck on his lips. “Now, go to work. You are going to be late if you don’t move your out of here.”

“I’ll miss you, Honey.”

“I’ll miss you too.”

 

“Don’t enjoy your time in there too much, Baby. And don’t smile at him unless it's necessary.” He exclaimed before finally closed their apartment door.

#

 

Today was absolutely the worst day for Lu Han. It’s the day when he had to stay alone in their apartment because YoonA was in another province to handle some works that her boss assigned her to, and the worst news was this loneliness would continue to happen for the next two days. Although this wasn’t the first time for him being left out by YoonA who went overseas because of her work throughout their seven years of relationship, it’s the first time since they were married. He never had any objections of this matter actually, however, because he already used to be to together with her day and night since their marriage, he felt so lonely and anxious. The main reason was because she was there out of his sight with another man for three days. He knew that the man was just her colleague and they wouldn’t have any romantic relationship for sure, but he couldn’t help to feel a little bit jealous. YoonA already told him everything about this Sehun guy who went together with her to Jeju, but it didn’t make him feel any better. Instead, it worsened his worries when he knew that Sehun was still single. He believed that his wife wouldn’t do something stupid, like cheating on him, but that Sehun guy was the one whom he couldn’t trust. Maybe it’s just his excessive anxiousness, but there’s something that made him became so worried like this. If he was given the chance to choose, he would definitely accept the opportunity to change the situation; he went overseas and YoonA stayed in their apartment. At least, he was sure that he wouldn’t cheat on her; he loves YoonA too much to do something stupid like that.

 

Placing his bag on the sofa, he went straight to the fridge to drink some juice as he noticed yellow sticky notes lined up neatly on its door. He read it one by one and soon chuckled in amusement as he found what’s written in them. Well, the contents mostly about her messages for him and list of duty that she asked him to do, like going to laundry cleaning service, changing a broken light bulb in their bedroom, or attending the apartment 310 housewarming party (which was he definitely wouldn’t go because no way he would attend it without YoonA and became the object of attention like a hired clown at a child’s birthday party, hell no!), but what made him amused was her nonsense P.S in every note; She wrote Hey Co-Ed, don’t forget to do the errands, okay? And don’t miss your Bella. I am out of town. –YoonBellain which Co-Ed stood for ‘The cowardly-Edward’ or Don’t snack on junk food during midnights. And don’t drink too much Americano. I warn you. -mommy YoonAor Call Xiumin to keep you warm tonight. But don’t cheat on me!!and many more that were surely left a very big impression and amusement to him.

 

He walked over towards their favorite couch and immediately lying down on it after almost ten minutes admiring those sticky notes. He stretched his not-so-long arms to snatch the tv remote on the table and lazily changed the channel to find something interesting that could grab his attention, but failed to find one. He diverted his eyes from the tv and decided to call his best friend to invite him over, as YoonA’s suggestion. He felt so lonely right now, so he needed a little companion to shoo away his boredom, besides, there’s M.U versus Arsenal soccer match on channel M tonight and he didn’t want to feel the heat by himself. He usually watched it alone, sometimes accompanied by sleeping YoonA on his laps, or sometimes with wide-awake YoonA who truthfully, was really bothersome and loud every time they watch it together because she kept asking their name, especially the one that caught her attention (red- the handsome one) or screaming her lungs out loud every time there was a goal, penalty or foul, with her trademark OH MY GOD. Oh well, at least he didn’t feel lonely, thanks to her. So the point was he wasn’t used to be alone and he desperately needed a pretty damn good comrade right now, and Xiumin was the perfect choice.

 

/Wèi, Baozi. Come to my apartment, will you? You don’t have any plan to watch M.U-Arsenal by yourself, right? I am all by myself right now./

/No, of course. I have a plan to watch it in Minho’s house. Speaking of which, where’s YoonA?/ Xiumin answered on the other line.

/She’s on a business trip. Just come to my place, instead. Invite him as well. I’ll treat both of you./

/Okay Lu-ge. Wait for us./ He said lastly with his typical high-pitch voice before turning off the phone call.

 

Xiumin would be always Xiumin. Convincing him was an easy task to do; Just by saying ‘my treat’, he immediately jumped ship to his boat, willingly.

 

Half an hour passed by just like that, Lu Han finally woke up from his sleep and soon groaned as he sensed his Hungarian Horntail dragon growling non stop inside his stomach, hungry. He sat up, stretched his arms up in the air, and then took his phone to make a love call to his favorite jjajangmyeon restaurant, which was he finally made it after the third attempt.

 

He looked at the wall clock and it showed 8.30 PM when he decided to make a second love call to his beloved wife as he thought that YoonA must have been off work at this moment. He let out a small whistle while waiting for YoonA to pick up her phone, with eyes glued to the comedy-skits showing on TV which finally could steal his attention.

/Hello, Honey./

/Hello to you too, Babe. How’s your day? Did it go well?/

/Today is really tiring and hectic, but thankfully it went pretty well, except that one stubborn client. How about yours? What are you doing right now?/

/As usual, pretty boring. Right now, I am watching comedy-skits on TV. And you? Have you eaten?/

/I am eating right now with Sehun. And do you know what, Honey? We ordered too many foods and now I turn into a pregnant lady in an instant. Hahahaha/

He furrowed his brows in annoyance at the mention of Sehun, not amused by her story. /Do you eat dinner together with that Sehun guy? Are you on candle light dinner or something?/

/Oh C’mon, Lu Han. Don’t be such a jealous freak. It’s not like what you think. Why do you suddenly become like this?/

/Just because. I miss you, Yoon./

/I miss you too, Lu. But please believe me, okay? Oh, there is a big match tonight, isn’t it? Have you invited Cutie-Baozi to come over?/

/Okay, I’ll try. Yes, I do. With Minho, too./ He replied nonchalantly.

/Wow, that’s great. You get one plus one, I guess? Have fun, Honey. Hmm.. LuHan. I am sorry, but I have to go now to prepare my presentation for tomorrow morning. I'll call you back, okay? Love you./

/Yup. Okay, good luck for your presentation. Love you too./

 

YoonA was slightly confused right now because Lu Han suddenly became so extreme showing his jealousy towards Sehun. As far as she remembered, Lu Han wasn’t the type of man who would be jealous so easily. Okay, maybe he ever was in that kind of circumstances, especially when they just started dating back then because she had so many male friends that you couldn’t differentiate who was the closest one and who wasn’t, and so he had to struggle to show them off that he was YoonA’s one and only boyfriend, but after that time, he was never like that anymore. She thought that he wouldn’t be jealous anymore as he successfully went through that one and a half year full of countless jealousy, even later after that, she was the one who desperately wanted to make him jealous by doing all of the things she could do, including misapplied the lesson that she learned from her acting class, but continued to fail because Lu Han was too dumb to notice it. And now all of the time, he picked this time, this very moment when she was out of the town with another man that none other than Oh Sehun, a guy whom she shared a little story with, to be jealous. He didn’t know about their story, did he? She was certain that she never told him anything about this matter as she wanted to keep it as her dirty little secret before marriage for her only. But if he did know about this, it only meant two things; she inadvertently spilled the beans when she’s drunk or he knew it from her best friend, Yuri, the one and only living witness.

 

She shuddered in fear at that last thought; Lu Han was so scary when he was angry.

#

 

“Hello, lonely boy.” Xiumin and Minho greeted his best friend as soon as he opened his apartment door.

Lu Han punched the younger brothers in the chest playfully as he laughed at his best friends’ jokes. “Cimon, come in. Welcome to my apartment, Baozi and Minho, the noona killer.” He said as he let them in.

They straightly walked towards the couch and plopped their body down, exchanging meaningful eye contact for five seconds before hastily grabbed the game stick, producing a clear bug-bug sound resonated all over the place. Lu Han sighed in defeat as he was late for about one millisecond from Minho to snatch the game stick from its place, while Baozi screamed out in joy as he managed to grasp one.

 

It’s their tradition to play pro evolution soccer for killing the time before the actual game started. It’s 10.00 PM and there were still two hours and a half until the match began, so they still got enough time to play more than two rounds.

 

Handing two glasses of guava juice and two bags of potato chips for his guest on the table in front of them, he averted his attention back to the game. He laughed at Xiumin, who was in desperation because the score right now was 2-0 for Minho. He gave Minho a loud cheer when he successfully broke into Xiumin’s defense for the second time, earning himself a deadly-glare from angry Baozi. Well, it was a revenge because he defeated him in their previous match actually.

“Hyung, why do you give us a guava juice? We aren’t five anymore. Where’s my Americano?” Minho asked, looking at him in confusion.

“No coffee tonight.” He replied nonchalantly.

Xiumin jumped into the conversation right away after finishing his business in the bathroom. “Why?”

“YoonA’s request. Just drink that. It’s healthier than your beloved Americano.” He drank up his remaining juice in one shot.

“Hyung, it’s Noona’s order for you. It doesn’t apply for me and Wumin hyung. Don’t generalize the rule.” Minho protested once again, still trying hard to get his coffee.

Lu Han just chuckled at Minho’s reason; he surely had his point, but no way he would give in to this Noona killer. “We are one, aren’t we? So, your argument is invalid.” He replied wittily, earning a frustrated groan from Minho and a smack on the head from Xiumin.

“By the way, How long does she go on that trip?”

“Two nights and three days. It’s only the first day without her and I am already frustrated.”

“Oh shut up, you lover boy. It’s like your life depends on her and only her.” Xiumin slightly mocking him.

“It is.”

 

Their talks about YoonA suddenly brought out his anxiousness once again. He glanced at the clock, and was sure that she was still awake because like she said before over the phone; she had a presentation tomorrow morning and knowing that perfectionist Im YoonA, it strengthened his assumption. So, he decided to call her again. Pressing his number one speed dial which was YoonA’s phone number, he hummed her ringback tone as he waited for her answer.

/Yes, Honey?/

/Are you busy, Babe?/

/Of course. Tomorrow is the most important presentation, so I have to rehearse it over and over again until it’s perfect. What’s up? Do you have something to tell me?/

/As expected. The so-called perfectionist Im YoonA. Hmm.. I want to ask if.. -are you with that Sehun guy?/

He could hear YoonA’s exasperated sigh as soon as he finished his words. /Lu Han, if you call me just to ask that question, you better stop. I am too busy right now to assist your childish-question./

/But, I-/

/tuuut tuuut tuuut/

 

He groaned again while ruffling his hair in frustration, making the two brothers instantly turned away to look at him. He tried to call her again, but unfortunately the operator was the one who answered his call this time.

“Han, what’s wrong with you? Is that something wrong with YoonA?” Xiumin showed his concern towards Lu Han.

“I am okay. It’s just me and my excessive jealousy. And YoonA is angry because of that.”

“Why? Who is the guy? Does she have some past with him until he makes you behave like this?” He asked him again, slightly confused.

Lu Han shook his head. “He’s just one of her colleagues at work. And I don’t know either why I am like this.”

“Hyung, believe me. There’s nothing going on between them. Although I am seventy percent sure that he’s one of Noona’s fanboy, I can guarantee you that Noona will friend-zoned him. Relax, Hyung.” Minho butted in. He tried to comfort him, but the effect was the other way around of his true intention.

Xiumin slapped Minho’s forehead as he said, “Don’t bring your own experience in here, you evil maknae.” Then he turned to look at Lu Han. “And you.” He pointed his finger to his face. “You have to trust her. And don’t think too much about it. Try to preoccupy yourself with other things. You usually aren’t the jealous type, are you?” Xiumin being the oldest hyung he was, trying to comfort him with the right ways.

“I’m not the jealous type, but what’s mine is mine. End of story.” Lu Han stubbornly said.

 

“Hyung, it starts.”

 

Even a super big match of M.U versus Arsenal couldn’t divert his attention from YoonA and that Sehun guy. He didn’t know, but he had a bad feeling about this.

 

***

 

Author's note : I am sorry if it's boring :(. It is too long, isn't it? By the way, I want to say thank your for all of you who have read, subscribed, and commented this story. Thank you so much :D. Don't forget to leave your thoughts, okay?