|Ideal Type|

"What If" Teen Top One-Shots

a/n: so I got carried away again and exceeded the word limit from the last update, so I suggest you take your time reading . _ . sorrynotsorry

***

 

 

 

 

Niel sighed dreamily as he rested his chin on the palms of his hand, enjoying the view in front of him.

Small brown eyes squinting into slits in concentration, eyebrows furrowed, firm arms yet graceful hands….

Niel gave him extra points just because of the way his bangs covered his eyes partially made him look even more alluring

The male that was on the other side of the cafeteria was complete perfection.

 

“Hey are you going to eat that?”

 

Niel completely absorbed, ignored the boy next to him and continued admiring and giggled when he saw the male in his line of vision scrunch his face up and erase whatever he was drawing on the paper.

 

“Hyung~” Changhyun whined and tugged at the brunette’s cheek. Niel mindlessly batted his hand away, sliding his lunch tray into the younger’s awaiting hands ”Yeah, yeah, you can have it”

 

Changhyun clapped gleefully with a ‘yay!’ and began eating.

Niel adored everything about Minsoo. Not only was the other artistically gifted, he was smart, nice, he obviously had the muscles to prove how athletic he is and he just happen to be good looking. The senior, who had no idea that Niel has been ogling him for the past 20 minutes, was the complete package.

 

“Isn’t he just dreamy?” he said to no one in particular, but mostly to himself just to let it out.

“Well, it does run in the family,” Changhyun’s mouth was stuffed but that didn’t stop him from talking,”I have plenty of pictures of him so you can hang them around your room, maybe keep it in your bathroom” he added with a wink, “Plus, I am, after all, good looking, maybe even more than my hyung” Changhyun flicked at the nonexistent dust on his shoulder as he smiled bashfully.

Ah yes, Niel knew that very well. Not his friend being handsomer than Minsoo, because that was impossible. Absolutely ridiculous.  But the fact that his dearest and closest friend was, matter a fact…

 

“I honestly don’t see why you like my brother so much” Changhyun said as he popped a grape into his mouth.

 

Related to his crush.

 

Niel to this day couldn’t believe that his best friend was Minsoo’s brother. Technically step-brothers but they were practically blood related brother since they grew up together ever since Changhyun was 2 and Minsoo 5 years old. Of course he knew of Bang Minsoo’s existence ever since Changhyun introduced him to Niel several years back when they were in elementary. Niel, however, didn’t pay any attention to the quiet older male. Not as much as now that is. Niel would go to their house and have small talk whenever he found it necessary with Minsoo, because that’s the polite thing to do and he couldn’t ignore him.

 

However that was then.

 

Now Minsoo consumes every thought in Niel’s head. Whether he’s brushing his teeth, doing homework, Minsoo is in there damnit. His mind that is. He didn’t know when his sudden liking to his best friend’s brother began, maybe it was when he got into Physical Education last year and he received a warm pat on the back and a brilliant smile from Minsoo complimenting on his soccer playing skills. Niel was actually going to quit that day since the sun was being too much for him but he decided otherwise.

 

The brunette played with his fingers shyly,”Well, I see a lot of things, I mean he’s just great in general”

Changhyun laughed,”Of course my brother’s great! But he has his quirks, like his unhealthy habit of sleeping anywhere and everywhere, and don’t get me started on his gags that he thinks are funny…”

Niel rolled his eyes and let his friend babble on. None of those things mattered to Niel, Minsoo could have a tail and he wouldn’t care.

“I’ve got it!” Changhyun exclaimed, suddenly standing from his seat and slamming his hands on the lunch table, making many people stare at them. He also caught the curious look of his brother. Niel smiled meekly at him and quickly tugged the boy down before he did anything more embarrassing.

Changhyun faced his best friend with a sly smile.

“Changhyun….what are you thinking?” the brunette asked hesitantly.

“I’m thinking we should put you into a box with y lingerie and send you to my brother late at night. Isn’t that a great idea Niel?!”

The brunette could only stare at the smiling boy dumbfounded and come to the conclusion that his best friend was crazy as .

“Changhyun,” Niel grabbed the other’s shoulders

“Yeah hyung?” Changhyun beamed, expecting to be washed with praise in any second.

“That’s the worst idea I have ever heard”

Changhyun pouted, “But…that worked with Jonghyun”. Niel could only facepalm himself, “Don’t remind me”. Niel remembered that day oh so very clear, because Changhyun made him ring Jonghyun’s doorbell and hide in a bush to make sure that the red head personally received the box and not his parents. Now that would’ve been embarrassing and hilarious at the same time if Jonghyun’s parents had been the ones to open the box that contained a half boy.

It worked for Changhyun nonetheless.

However, hiding in a small box, and wearing y lingerie wasn’t Niel’s style. At all.

Niel knew his best friend had good intentions, but perhaps he could help in another way? He sighed and wrapped an arm around the boy’s small shoulder,”Do you want to help me that bad?”. Changhyun nodded his head at the speed of light with wide eyes,”Of course! I just want you to be happy even if it is with that monkey of my brother”. Niel laughed good heartedly, because he couldn’t deny that Minsoo had a certain similarity to a monkey.

 

“Alright, so how about instead of sticking me into a box you tell me how I could win you brother over, WITHOUT GIVING HIM MY BODY” Niel added since he could practically see the gears running in his head and he knew just how erted his seemingly innocent friend was

 

“Aw, that’s no fun” Chanhyun nudged him playfully, but began thinking of another plan. Until he stopped thinking and got distracted by a pair of arms wrapping around his waist.

“Jonghyunnie!” The red head smiled and received the boy’s tight embrace.

 

5…4…

3…2..

1

 

Niel groaned when the couple began their usual display of, em, intense affection that consisted in each other’s faces and hearing the cheesy things they would tell each other here and there. He rubbed at his temples, trying to block out the lewd sounds from the pair.

No more mister nice guy

“YA YOO CHANGHYUN ARE YOU GOING TO HELP ME YOU PIECE OF-“ Niel had caught Minsoo’s attention again and quickly composed himself with a smile, ”marshmallows and everything sweet, you cute being you”. Changhyun got disconnected from his boyfriend to receive Niel's bone crushing hug.

“Of course hyung,” Changhyun wheezed out, “I can’t help if you if I can’t breathe”. Jonghyun brought Changhyun back to his chest after being let go, glaring at the brunette for harming his boyfriend.

“What do you need to help Niel with?”

Niel hyung for you!” Niel added futilely, but Jonghyun brushed him off.

“Have to help him woo my brother” Changhyun informed with furrowed eyebrows.

“Niel doesn’t even look like your brother’s type” the red head stated blandly, eyeing the lanky male with a criticizing eye. The brunette’s eyes widened at this new piece of information. Never did it cross his mind that Minsoo had a type.

“He has a type? What’s his type?” Niel asked both boys anxiously. Changhyun scratched his head sheepishly,”Em, well to be honest I don’t even know if he’s into guys”.

Niel slammed his head on the lunch table, preparing himself to throw a tantrum

“Oh, he’s definitely gay” Jonghyun crossed his arms with a smirk. “Really? How do you know?” Changhyun asked, very interested because if it was true then his gay radar .

Jonghyun shrugged nonchalantly, “I just do”

“Geez Jonghyun that’s helpful, thank you so much” Niel voiced out sarcastically.

 “Well if he wasn’t then you can pass off as a girl with that long hair of yours”. Before Niel could lunge at the red head’s neck to strangle him, Changhyun grabbed his cheeks and squished them,”Short hair!”

Niel muffled a ‘what’ and pried his friend’s hands off. “I remember hearing hyung saying how he likes girls with short hair and…”. Niel was all ears now and shook the other’s shoulders,”And what else did he say beloved best friend of mine?”

Changhyun snapped his fingers, “Right! He also said that he likes someone who’s athletic, you know someone who would exercise with him, charming, doesn’t talk too much, stuff like that”

“Anything else?”

“Oh yeah! His ideal type is Nam Jihyun from 4Minute”

“Wasn’t it Kim Yubin from the Wonder Girls?” Jonghyun piped.

“Wait no, it’s definitely Hyuna! I think he talked about her the other day”

Niel could only gawk with each little piece of information that he was being told. And his soul practically escaped from his body when he heard the female singers his crush idealized. He couldn’t possibly compare to them in any way; they were either y or cute, and Niel definitely didn’t have s. He was a male stick with something dangling between his legs.

 

My

Life

 

Niel groaned into Changhyun’s shoulder,”Basically, everything I’m not.”. Changhyun patted him sympathetically,”if he doesn’t even like guys then how can I make him like me?”. Changhyun for once didn’t have the answer and was at a loss for words.

“Look hyung, you may look like a Simpson but I mean you’re not that bad to look at if it’s in a certain angle and you’re pretty nice-“ before the blushing boy could continue Niel grabbed him in a headlock and ruffled his hair,”I knew you didn’t hate me Jonghyunnie~”

“T-that doesn’t change the fact that I don’t like you” Jonghyun whined.

“Aw, my boyfriend’s so cute!” Changhyun pecked at lips and looked at Niel,”he’s just a jealous baby that thinks you’re going to steal me away from him” Jonghyun whined even more at this and hid his face in the crook of Changhyun’s neck while Niel clutched his stomach in amusement.

“No wonder! I’m quite likeable if I say so myself and apparently Jonghyun thinks so too” he teased.

“See! You said so yourself, it’s impossible for hyung not to like you” Changhyun pointed out,”and we’ll definitely make him notice you”

 

 

After the pair convinced Niel that he did have chance and even lifting his self-esteem, he promised to meet up with them after school so he could get his haircut. He admits, his hair was getting pretty long to the point he’d have to tie it into a ponytail. Plus it was just a few centimeters, not a complete makeover.

 

So he thought.

 

He didn’t even think about looking at himself in a mirror before he left the hair parlor with Changhyun to his friend’s house. That is until Minsoo noticed him...

When he made his way up to his friend’s room, he saw Minsoo making his way down stairs. Usually he would acknowledge his presence with a slight nod or mumbled ‘hello’, but this time Minsoo stopped in front of him, eyeing him with an arch in his eyebrow and a small smile, “New look?”

 

Well it was sooner than expected but it worked! Senpai Minsoo noticed him!

 

”Y-yeah,” he cursed at his voice for cracking in all moments, he cleared his throat, suddenly feeling self conscious, “Does it uh, look okay?” He really wanted, no he needed to know, because it would be a shame if he cut his hair for nothing.

 

He expected a simple answer and that the other male would be off his way, but no. Minsoo grabbed his chin abruptly and tilted it sideways then upwards and his eyes crinkled.

 

Motherer dared to grin at him!

 

While Niel was about to get a of some kind at the close proximity between the two, the older boy chuckled at his flushed face. Well who could blame him! Especially in the way Minsoo examined him intently with the same expression he wore earlier that day. As time passed, Niel bit at his lip nervously, wishing he wasn’t in this current situation. Why did he have to open his big mouth?

 

“I can see your eyes better now”

 

“I like it”

 

 

Is it because this is the beginning? We keep getting mixed up

Something’s not going right, it’s the opposite of my heart

Can’t I check somehow? What is it that’s making my pounding heart tremble?

 

 

 

 

 

Minsoo released his chin to ruffle his hair and walked away with a grin plastered on his handsome face.

 

Niel didn’t even speed walk to his friend’s room. The boy more like fled to Changhyun’s room, where he saw the young male laying down on the bed. Niel jumped onto the furniture and stood a stunned Changhyun up and began jumping like little kids.

 

“Hyung what’s gotten into you?” Changhyun questioned the other’s sudden change of behavior, but jumped along, enjoying the fact his best friend was having one of those ‘moments’.

 

The other let his head fall back and began laughing happily.

“Nielie~ tell me~” said boy shook his head and looked past Changhyun’s head and into the mirror.

 

The sight he saw made him laugh even more.

 

His hair wasn’t in a form of a puff ball. His usual messy and wave hair was now tamed having been victim to the hair stylists’ scissors so he his long bangs wouldn’t be in his face and he hadn’t seen his ears in years. Basically, he looked quite the gentlemen with his neat look.

 

He didn’t look half bad, perhaps even great. It was funny how much a simple haircut could change your appearance. How it could make Minsoo compliment him about something so trivial and make Niel the happiest man alive.

 

If being Minsoo’s ideal type meant making certain changes then so be it.

 

***

No Changhyun”

 

“Hyung please~”

 

“No way!”

 

Minsoo’s going”

 

Niel’s pencil stopped moving at the 2 syllable name. He supposed that he had made a huge advance on his essay for Wednesday and maybe he could slack off a bit since it was spring break next week…

 

“I’ll be there in 5 minutes”

 

Changhyun’s phone call had woke him up offering obligating to go to the pool. Niel loved swimming considering that it was his favorite hobby after singing, but he wasn’t one to leave his studies uncompleted.

However he could make an exception this time around since Minsoo was going, with one hand he was brushing his teeth and the other pulling his jeans up, trying not to fall as he paced back and forth in his room.

After successfully not tripping over his feet and onto the wooden floor, he packed his swim wear, a towel and some sun block into a bag.

 

Even though he was going to change later on, he still tried to make himself look stylish. That was one of the criterions to being Minsoo’s type.

He ruffled his hair a bit and posed a bit in the mirror. He realized that the jeans he was wearing were skinny jeans and were from his younger brother, Bosung’s closet, but it looked acceptable and he really didn’t have time to change. He grabbed the closest thing to put on as a shirt and wore a cap backwards just for the heck of it.

He gave himself one more look before heading out the door

Lookin’ good Ahn Daniel

 

He was halfway to Changhyun house when a thought struck him.

 

He would be seeing Bang Minsoo, the Bang Minsoo in all his almost glory

 

Not feelin’ too good Ahn Daniel

 

Niel was extremely grateful for being blessed with long legs since he got to the house under 10 minutes. Before he knocked the door bell, he checked his breath, checked for armpit stains because he did come here running and having sweat stains would be embarrassing.

 

But not as embarrassing as Minsoo catching him using the entrance’s window to give himself one more look. He was too concentrated in fixing his bangs to notice the front door click open.

 

“You look fine” Minsoo leaned against the door frame, smirking at the boy who quickly straightened his position.

Niel kept his poise and closed his eyes briefly before smirking right back.

 

Be y, you are a y beast; just show him what you’ve got!

 

He leaned into Minsoo face as he took off the cap he had on and instead placed it on the other’s head. Then, he ran his fingers in his new hair,”I know”, and walked away, leaving Minsoo stuck in his spot. Niel rejoiced internally. He had done the same thing the other had a few days back.

 

Niel headed towards the other Changhyun’s room when Minsoo caught up with him, a worried look etched in features,”I wouldn’t go in there if I were you”

The brunette rolled his eyes playfully and smiled at him knowingly,”Nonsense”. He turned the door and looked inside,”Chang-“

“Minsoo go away!”

Niel hardly dodged the pillow being hurled at him by shutting the door. He tried to erase the image in his head as he clutched his chest, trying to calm himself.

He knew that his best friend and his boyfriend have been together since they were sophomores, and they’re and he included are juniors, which makes it a year so it’s obvious how far they’ve gone and from what has Changhyun has told him, the couple were very familiar with each other.

But that didn’t mean Niel wanted to see it for himself!

Jonghyun on top of Changhyun…

Niel could only think ‘gross’ and shudder as he walked downstairs into the living room, making himself welcome on the couch. Minsoo’s presence got clearly noticed when he sat next to him, arm resting behind Niel’s neck, not exactly touching him, that didn’t stop the hairs on his neck to get goose bumps.

“You can’t say I didn’t warn you” The brunette crossed his arms and scowled in response.

Niel would usually feel uncomfortable in silent moments like the one in this current moment. He admits, he spoke the minimum at school to the point where he walks the halls unnoticed nor do his classmates pay much attention to him, but he really didn’t mind. He never was comfortable with people, he’d feel awkward and wouldn’t know how to start a conversation. Except Changhyun. The extroverted male was his only close friend and really brings the best out of him and helps him get out of his shell. And he supposed he count Jonghyun as a friend despite them bickering half the time. And he was starting to chit chat with one of his classmates that sat next to him, since they shared a fair amount of classes together. He hoped he could become friends with Sungyeol by the end of the year. The tall lanky male really cheered him up with his dorky personality and his silly antics in class.

 

It was funny though, how in this moment Niel didn’t even slightly uncomfortable sitting next to Minsoo. A bit…self conscious but that was to be expected, the senior being his crush and all.

And that’s when it dawned on him.

He was sitting next to Bang Minsoo, shoulders touching, sharing the same oxygen…

What was wrong with him and why did he suddenly want to lay his head on the others sturdy shoulder

“You’ve changed a lot Daniel” Minsoo turned his head slightly to look at him, offering Niel a shy smile. “W-what do you mean by that?” Niel honestly didn’t think he’d make it alive today if Minsoo kept staring into his soul like that. Though his eyes were small, but it made him the more intimidating.

The older boy laughed at the response, “Well, first of all, you wouldn’t stutter so much when we were smaller. You would talk so much and adding Changhyun,” Minsoo groaned at the memory,” I remember how you two would never shut up,” Minsoo groaned at the thought,”but I’m glad you two have each other. Changhyun was quiet as a kid, but he changed for the better when he met you and I’m really grateful for that”

Niel was staring at his hands, but he spared a glance at Minsoo and the look he received melted his insides in a second.

“But one thing that didn’t change is that you’re still cute and you still have those thick lips of yours” Though Niel thoughtlessly punched the others shoulder with a glare, his pink tinted ears said otherwise.

“Unfortunately, I don’t like them” He really didn’t. It was enough that his features looked a little exotic, but people stared at him all the more thanks to his lips and he really didn’t appreciate the attention.

“Don’t be stupid, they add fuel to your charm, don’t tell me you still haven’t been able to forget what the little boy years ago said”. Matter a fact, the brunette didn’t remember, but he urged himself to remember.

He was in the 4th grade and bunch of kids decided to surround him at recess thinking it’d be fun to make of him. Sadly, Changhyun had gotten sick with the flu and couldn’t go to school that day, leaving him to face the bullies. He remembered that he was trying to hold the tears back, clenching his then small hands into fists and he closed his eyes, hoping they would just all go away and leave him alone.

“Ya! What do you think you punks are doing?! Leave him alone,” a taller boy yelled at the younger kids, tossing the rock that he had in his hand up and down,” or else”. Niel didn’t have to have his eyes open to know it was Changhyun’s older step brother who had saved him. He still didn’t open them nor did he let his arms that were holding his head in defense come down when he heard footsteps approach him.

“Daniel, are you okay?”. Niel felt a soft touch to his shoulder, but he wouldn’t let his guard down. “Did you hurt them Minsoo hyung?”. Minsoo immediately began to shake his head frantically, but seeing that the younger boy still had his eyes tightly shut he assured him that he promised that he didn’t, that he only said those things to warn them off.

“I just wanted to protect you”

Those few words were what made Niel finally let out wail as he flung his small arms over his savior. He knew Minsoo was quite the pacifist, despite his scary appearance, he was a good guy. Not hurting a single person to this day.

Minsoo had comforted him silently and made another promise to not mention what happened neither to Changhyun or to bring it up.

 

“You still remember that?” Niel was completely amazed. It had happened a long time ago and it hadn’t affected him that much, well he wasn’t per say ‘scarred’, but still..

“I remember everything Niel,” and he leaned a bit closer, eyes twinkling with mischief,”You know what else I remember?”

 

Whoever says it first, loses

What if it doesn’t work out? So embarrassing

Let’s see who wins

 

 

The brunette crossed his fingers hoping he didn’t remember the time where he found out Niel raised a chick and didn’t even have it for a day, well actually that wasn’t too bad…or Oh god. The time he dressed up as a girl for Halloween..

“Remember when you were a freshman and you got carried away with campaigning for your brother to be class president,” Minsoo paused and Niel nodded slowly,” and you were so hyperactive, jumping around like a lunatic?”. The gears in the brunette’s head began spinning until he fit all the puzzles together,”Don’t even finish that sentence Bang Minsoo!” Niel lunged to cover the older male’s mouth, but Minsoo kept him from doing so with his strong arms.

“And you bumped into that kid Yongguk making him-“

Niel had a crazy look in his eyes and was burning up profusely though Minsoo hadn’t even finished the revelation,”No, no, no, shut up!”

“bump into Himchan, making them kiss”

“GAH! I can’t hear you! Nope, nope that didn’t happen!” Niel covered his ears. Of course he remembered that! He avoided both students like the plague for the whole year!

Minsoo was leaning against the couch, clutching at his stomach with tears in eyes…giggling? Niel never knew such a cute sound could be expressed by such a masculine man, the other male looked even endearing.

“Don’t laugh at me~” The younger male whined with a pout gracing his features.

“I’m sorry, but you have to admit that was hilarious!” Niel continued pouting,”look on the bright side! They even ended up together thanks to you” It was thanks to him that Yongguk and Himchan got together thanks to his ‘matchmaking’ skills. And their faces were priceless and the only situation was actually really funny at the time.

Minsoo pushed his shoulder playfully,”C’mon, I know you want to laugh”

Niel released his bottom lip and began laughing hysterically, which surprised Minsoo, but he laughed along with just as much energy.

“Well, well, enjoying yourselves you two?” Changhyun smirked at his best friend and at his brother. Jonghyun was right next to him, an arm wrapped around his shoulder.

 “Yeah, well not as much as you did” Niel shot back knowingly,” you should look at yourself in the mirror”. Minsoo stifled a laugh while Changhyun immediately combed his messy hair and organized his clothes.

“Let’s just go already!” Changhyun huffed red-faced and dragged his boyfriend with him out the door.

~

Niel was currently in the community pool’s locker room with Changhyun, both boys back to back changing into their swimwear, while Jonghyun and Minsoo were in the pool.

“So, make any progress with hyung?”

“I guess so” Niel held the back of his neck insecurely,” how do we um, look like..you know together?”. Changhyun stopped stretching his limbs to walk over in front of Niel with a serious expression. And then he flicked his forehead,”Of course stupid! Minsoo was glowing!”.

 

Niel rubbed his forehead, Changhyun looked like a kid going through puberty, but it strength was no joke,”YA! I am you hyung! Get back here!”

 

Changhyun pushed the door open as he ran away from the raging giant. However, right when Changhyun was an inch away from being caught, the young boy stopped in his tracks paralyzed.

It appeared that Minsoo was dipping his foot into the pool, testing the waters until a pair of kids began chasing one another and one of them bumped into Minsoo, making him plunge into the water. Niel didn’t see any danger of some sort until he saw that Minsoo was splashing around and not submerging to the surface.

That’s when Niel’s instincts kicked in and he ran over, getting on his knees and extending his hand,”Minsoo! Take my hand!”. Minsoo did take his hand, but pulling Niel with him. Now both males were in the pool. Minsoo clung to Niel’s back in panic with his arms wrapped tightly around the other’s neck.

“Hyung, hyung I can’t breathe” Niel choked out trying to swim, but the other’s weight bringing him down. He didn’t know how they got out, but Jonghyun had dived into the pool, grabbing Minsoo before throwing him out of the water.

“He’s, he’s not breathing! Niel give him CPR!“ Changhyun demanded frantically, he was shivering as he clutched onto the unresponsive boy’s hand.

“What! I don’t even know how to do that!” Where was lifeguard when you needed one?!

“JUST DO SOMETHING OR ELSE HE’S GOING TO DIE!” Changhyun was exaggerating, but his brother was turning purple with each second.

The brunette hovered over the unmoving body. Niel had no idea how to do CPR but he had seen enough movies to get an idea. He began pushing Minsoo’s chest up and down, and when that didn’t work he tilted the other’s head back and lifted his chin. Then he pinched his nose and quickly connected their mouths’ and began blowing until he saw the male’s chest rise.

It didn’t take long until he saw Minsoo’s face scrunch up. Tt looked like he was going to regurgitate so Niel turned his head to the side. Thankfully, there was no sign of blood, only water that the other had swallowed from the pool.

“Is he going to be okay?” Jonghyun asked with Changhyun draped over him. In that moment, Minsoo’s eyes began opening. Niel leaned even closer and looked at him worriedly,”Minsoo, can you hear me? Who am I?”

Minsoo squinted as he analyzed the boy above him,”You’re a mermaid”And he really did in Minsoo’s eyes. The latter’s lips were puffy, his hair stuck to his face and the light that Niel was covering with his body shined around his body making him look angelic.

The other two males and Niel gaped, worry etched onto their faces.”I’m just kidding guys! Of course I know that,” he pointed them out,” you’re Jonghyun, Changhyun and Daniel”. Changhyun flung himself onto Minsoo hugging him and eventually began to cry.

“Changhyunnie, I’m fine really!” Even though Minsoo rubbed his little brother’s back, Changhyun didn’t stop hiccupping.

 

Half an hour later, after Changhyun had calmed down, he went to find who was in charge to lecture the crap out of that person. And of course, Jonghyun held his boyfriends hand just in case. Like for safety measures. With the couple gone, Niel and Minsoo sat by side by the pool with towels on their heads. Niel wasn’t able to admire his crush’s body due to the circumstance, but now that he was able to a certain tattoo caught his eye. It was on his neck and it was pretty small but nice to look at. But generally, all of Minsoo was great to look at; his arms, face…

“Are you staring at me?” Minsoo had the towel covering his eyes, how could he have possibly known?! He averted his eyes nonetheless,”I am not!”

“You’re starting to get good at lying,” Minsoo lifted the towel a bit to peek at the brunette,”I want you to be honest with me ok?” Niel could only dumbly nod. “Good, I’ll start being honest with you,”

 

Oh my goodness is he going to confess?

 

“I don’t know how to swim, like at all” Minsoo confessed sheepishly rubbing his neck with a small smile.

Niel let out a sigh,”I figured, you clung to me like a koala”

“A y koala?”

Niel scoffed,”Puh-lease, koalas are cute, not y, Bang Minsoo and you’re definitely not in either category”

Crap, I lied…I’ll start being honest next time

Minsoo pouted at the other,”You’re too mean to me,” Niel rolled his eyes and got up,”Come on you big monkey, I’ll teach you how to swim”

Minsoo accepted his extended hand with a beam and quickly entered the pool with Niel behind him.

The senior turned out to be a good student, obeying and following Niel’s instructions. He finished the lesson by teaching him how to float by placing his hands under Minsoo’s back while Minsoo had his arms spread out and his eyes closed.

“Minsoo?” he whispered.

When he got no response he assumed the other had fallen asleep. He did recall Changhyun telling him that Minsoo could and would sleep anywhere and apparently that included the pool. Niel could only stare fondly at him and make sure he could protect the other’s sleep into the couple come back.

 

 Why do my eyes keep smiling?

I’m not doing anything but my lips are smiling

Whoever says it first, loses

What if it doesn’t work out? So embarrassing

Let’s see who wins

 

~

“Are you going to be following me all day?” Niel questioned the older male who tagged behind him.

“I promised Changhyun that I wouldn’t let you be by yourself”. Niel scowled at the name. His best friend had eloped with that red head Jonghyun, abandoning him for a week!

Okay so maybe Changhyun hadn’t eloped. He had gone to dance camp for spring break. So that meant that Minsoo was in charge of babysitting him apparently. The senior had sat with him at lunch, mostly drawing and when he asked to see it the older got over protective and hid it under his food tray. And throughout the day he would take him to his classes. Niel felt flattered really and when Sungyeol had asked if he was his boyfriend he had muttered an ‘I wish’.

But.

 

Niel stopped in front of his house,”You don’t have to feel obligated. I know you wish you were doing something else” he stated, not covering his sad tone properly.

“The only thing I’d be doing right now is sleeping, but I rather much sacrifice sleep to hang with you. I really like your company Niel-ah”. Minsoo’s bluntness troubled Niel to no end. How could he say those things with such a straight face?

The tall male sighed and opened the door,”Well, then you might as well come in. Make yourself at home” Niel threw his backpack onto the couch and headed over to the kitchen to make some ramen for both of them.

“Are your parent’s home?”

“Nope, them being executives and all they’re mostly on traveling and stuff” Minsoo was leaning over the kitchen counter as he watched Niel prepare the food,”they took Bosung on a trip to Japan and David’s in the army”.

 “Don’t you ever get lonely?”

 

Niel hesitated for a moment, stopping all his movements and thought a bit.

 

“Not really. You don’t conquer loneliness. You just endure it” Niel had to admit his house was pretty big and he would miss his parents once and awhile, but they called him twice a week. He would see David in Christmas and he was getting discharged afterwards. Bosung wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon since he was only in middle school and he was going to see him next week anyway. No big deal.

“Daniel, you don’t have to be lonely. You have a choice you no? I mean, I’m always available”

Niel wasn’t even cutting onion so he couldn’t use that to his advantage if he were to cry right now, so he took a deep breath, tried to calm his beating hear and exhaled,”Yeah?”

“I’m not exactly good with words and I don’t talk much, but I’m a good listener?” Minsoo offered with an uneasy smile,”I promise I won’t fall asleep”

The anxious feeling in Niel’s chest disappeared and as he placed the bowl of ramen before the senior he smiled earnestly,”Thank you Minsoo,” Niel placed his hand over the male’s,”really”

 

The boys spent the whole afternoon playing videogames and stuffing themselves with snacks. Niel learned that Minsoo was a very experienced gamer to the point of being addicted. However he was able to beat him a few times.

“Hey let’s go somewhere” Minsoo stretched his limbs on Niel’s bed as the latter sat on the floor.

“Where to?”

An hour later, Niel found himself at a club that was blasting with hip hop music. But not just any club apparently because they had to take some stairs to go ‘underground’. When they had entered, people kept high-fiving Minsoo and he think about 3 girls had asked for his autograph.

“Are you some like celebrity or does that happen every day?” Niel questioned curiously.

“Na this man here is a rapper” A sudden blonde male appeared with a blonde girl under his arms, letting her go momentarily to do some kind of handshake with Minsoo,”CAP like time no see man!”

‘Cap’ laughed,”How’ve you been Zico, is the gang here?”

“Yeah, they’ve been asking for you,” Zico looked over Minsoo’s shoulder and saw Niel standing their awkwardly,” whose he?”

“Oh! Sorry Daniel,” Minsoo grabbed Niel by his elbow bring him closer and then wrapped his arms nonchalantly over his shoulder,”Zico this is Niel,” at this the blonde rapper cocked an eyebrow,”As in the Niel?”

“Um, yeah,” Minsoo looked at Zico in a way that Niel couldn’t decipher.

 

Minsoo had to go do something with Zico and his ‘gang’and left Niel with the blonde chick who Minsoo introduced as Zico’s girlfriend, Hwasa.

“So what do you do here?” They were sitting by the bar since Hwasa invited him to a drink. A beverage without alcohol of course, because Niel being the upright citizen he was didn’t find it appropriate.

 

 “Well, some rappers perform here, this includes your boyfriend and mine,”

“He’s not my boyfriend” Hwasa cocked her eyebrows with an expression that meant you’re-not-fooling-anybody.

 

“and some singers, like myself, and dancers here and there. We all cherish music here and show what we’re made of”. Hwasa also explained how not everyone was musically related and that they just came to watch, dance and have a good time.

 

Niel observed his surroundings, seeing a pair of girls rehearsing a choreography, Hwasa noticed this and pointed the one with bangs as Moonbyul (she went by Moonstar when she rapped) and the one with the dimple as Whee In,”Wow, they’re really good” Niel saw them and immediately wondered  how Changhyun and Jonghyun were doing.

 

Niel continued wondering when Minsoo would come back, Hwasa was really nice but he would’ve preferred to have been with the male who he discovered to be a rapper. The brunette sipped on his drink before facing the blonde girl,”What do you sing?”. She had her eyes on the stage watching the performers, but positioned herself so she could face Niel.

“I’ll show you,” Hwasa began snapping her fingers, incomprehensible words coming out of her red painted lips, but they were soothing to Niel’s ears. He was a big fan of jazz and Hwasa had a lot of soul for being such a small girl. When she finished Niel wanted to hear more,”You’re amazing”

 

She giggled with an airy touch to it,”Do you sing?”

 

“I uh, no I don’t”. Hwasa narrowed her cat-like eyes at him,”You’re bullting,” the brunette gaped at the blonde, he didn’t expect that,”I saw you humming the words to the song that Solar unnie was singing early”

 

“Ok you caught me,” he lifted his hands in defeat, he began debating whether he should sing or not. Luckily, the performers that were up next helped him make his decision,”Oh Hwasa look! I think that’s CAP!”, the blonde made her eyes into slits and wagged a finger at him,”I expect hearing you sing next time mister”.

 

Minsoo was on the stage with Zico and two other males that Niel couldn’t recognize. Hwasa tilted her head sideways but kept her vision on the blonde rapper,”the shortie is called L.Joe oppa and the big eyed one is Kyung oppa”.

Once the audience’s screams quieted down from the rapper’s making their entrance, Niel kept his eyes on Minsoo. The senior looked like a whole different person and showed a different level of concentration, not like when he was drawing but his gestures looked more passionate and natural. The atmosphere began to get more intense and the audience was going wild with each verse that each individual rapped in the mic. Niel himself began bobbing his head to the music with Hwasa, who was currently cheering her boyfriend on when it was his turn.

The brunette noticed that the most popular among the quartet was the short male that Hwasa mentioned who would wink flirtatiously at the girls near the stage. Niel felt a bit relieved that Minsoo didn’t have that many fans, because that meant he could be his #1 fan.

Niel’s voice was very hoarse from cheering along with Hwasa after Minsoo’s gang left the stage, but screamed for the next act. The next performers were what Hwasa introduced him to as b-boys and they went by the name as Triple J since the member’s names were Jongup, Junhong and J-Hope. They were extremely talented dancers and the audience was memorized with each movement the group made. They even had Niel’s undivided attention, so he didn’t notice when Minsoo had taken Hwasa’s spot.

“Having a good time?”

Niel grinned widely and nodded,”This is so cool!” the brunette waved his arms around,”and you guys were so amazing! Do girls always throw their bras at you guys though?”

Minsoo laughed and nodded as he pat the other’s back,”Would you like to come again?”

They were so many talented people here whom he was able to speak with thanks to Hwasa and he even made a friend. How could Niel not come back?

“Of course!”

 

Minsoo went to say bye to his friends and Niel thanked Hwasa for everything. When she went in for a hug, she whispered in his ear teasingly,”I’m rooting for you two”. She covered her giggle with a hand as she took in Niel’s flustered expression.

While the pair of boys were walking home, Minsoo had asked what she had said that made him so red. Niel however swatted the question away saying that it was nothing in particular.

“Hey Minsoo,” Niel tried to ignore the brushing of their hands as they walked,”thanks for tonight. I had a lot of fun”.  Despite Niel not liking being in neither crowded nor loud places, it felt nice to try something new and see a different side of the city. And he was really liking whatever ‘this’ was with Minsoo. Just walking and talking on such a beautiful night.

 

When I’m walking with you, I can hear my heartbeat

My footsteps go with that rhythm, gets faster and faster

What do I do? I like you so much

I hate myself for not being able to tell you these feelings

 

 

 

Minsoo got closer and ruffled the younger’s mop of brown hair,”I’m glad”

 

 ~

 

 

It was officially spring break so today being Tuesday meant sleeping in for a certain junior. He was planning to anyway until a familiar ringtone began ringing loudly, making the boy who stayed under the bed covers, reach clumsily for his cellphone.

“Changhyun-ah, it’s too early” Niel didn’t even hide up the fact that he had just woken up.

“Wanna know what’s not too early for? Love, Niel” the brunette groaned into his pillow. “Tell me dearest best friend of mine, have you made any progress with hyung?”.

Niel informed his best friend that they’ve hung out a lot with him gone and how the last time they saw each other was Saturday. He also mentioned how the day before that, Minsoo had taken him to a club.

“Oooh, did you guys get dirty on the dance floor?” Changhyun squealed over the phone but stopped to gasp, ”oh my god, did you guys go to the bathroom afterwards?”

 

Regardless of Changhyun’s foolishness, Niel shot up from his covers “No! We did nothing of the sort you ert! I saw him perform and that’s all

 

“Aw, how boring. Why is Minsoo so slow?”

 

“Because he is a gentleman and not a -craved freak like his supposed-to-be-innocent little brother”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. So what’d you guys do on Saturday?”

Niel groaned once again and fell back on his bed,”We exercised”. Niel was still sore from lifting weights and following Minsoo’s workout routine. He couldn’t even lift his arms! Impressing Minsoo was turning out to be really hard.

“You poor soul!” Changhyun was an ex-victim of being his brother’s exercising partner.

“Changhyunnie what am I going to do? I don’t think I’m cut out to being your brother’s ideal type”

“Don’t quit on me now Ahn Daniel! You are going to win over my thick headed brother one way or another and I’ll tell you how”

~

 

 

 

Niel played with his cell phone until Minsoo came running over, hands on his knees,”Am I late?”. Niel put the device in pocket and sent him a reassuring smile,”Nope, I got our tickets so we can go in”.

It turned out that Changhyun’s genius plan was for Niel to have some kind a date at the amusement park with Minsoo. When the brunette had asked if that’s what Minsoo liked, Changhyun had wished him good luck and hung up.

While they were in line to ride the Gyro Swing, Niel noticed that Minsoo was fidgety and looking quite pale. Naturally, he placed his hand on the other’s forehead detecting any signs of a fever,”Hey are you ok?”

“What? Me? I’m fine!” Minsoo looked appalled, ”I love roller coaster rides that have an altitude of 70 meters, not knowing if I can make it out alive. No biggie” the male plastered a smile of his face and showed a peace sign to the brunette who stared at him strangely,”Okay, if you say so”

 

When the worker had finished fastening their seatbelts, Minsoo suddenly clutched onto Niel’s hands,”You remember how I told you how we’re supposed to be honest with each other?”

“Go on”

“W-well, I-I have this fear for riding roller coaster rides, more like terrified of them”

Niel stared at him wide eyed,”Why didn’t you say so! We have to get off right-” However he got interrupted when he heard the ‘ding’ which meant that the ride was starting.

Niel held the male’s hand tighter,”Don’t worry, I won’t let go”

 

 

After they got off, Niel insisted on carrying Minsoo on his back since the older wasn’t walking properly. “Niel, you can let me down now~” Minsoo whined, but continued wrapping his arms loosely around the lanky boy’s neck. To be honest, the older boy wasn’t that heavy and he secretly wanted to show him that he was strong, but he bent down slightly so the other could get off.

“But, you’re legs are still trembling, if you want,”

 

Wanna start something with me?

It’s hard for me to hide this in my heart

I don’t know, should I trust my feelings

And just grab your hand? Should I?

 

 

Niel looked to the side trying to hide his blushing face as he extended his hand. Coincidentally, Minsoo was in the same state and intertwined their fingers together. They stayed like that the whole afternoon, swinging their arms side to side without a care in the world, letting go only when they played at the shooting stands and Niel felt convinced that this was a date when Minsoo fed him French fries. The only thing that would make this a cliché would be-

“Hey lets go to the Ferris Wheel, that’s the only ride I’m not afraid of” Minsoo offered sheepishly.

Watching the sunset on the Ferris Wheel.

 

Not many people were waiting in line, so Niel was glad they’d have a pod to themselves. Both males were sitting side by side quietly watching the park below them. Niel took a moment to stare at his hands that were situated in his lap.

This whole week had felt surreal. Holding hands with Minsoo was too good to be true and hanging out with him almost every day was a dream. The only thing left now was to confess.

I should seize the moment, another opportunity like this wouldn’t come around again

Niel took a deep breath and faced the older male, who had a peaceful smile on his face. What if he ruined the moment? They were having such a good time, Niel wouldn’t mind being just friends.

 

Oh who was he kidding

 

“Minsoo would it be crazy if I told you that I’ve liked you for the longest time now”

 

The older male kept the smile on his face as he turned his head sideways and reached for one of Niel’s trembling hands,”What’s crazy is that I was supposed to have said that first”

 

 

“Y-you feel the same way?” Niel must’ve been hallucinating. He blames the cotton candy that they shared earlier.

“But I’m not even your ideal type” he said solemnly. Minsoo stared curiously at him,”Oh? I didn’t know I had an ideal type, do enlighten me”

 

“Well, Changhyun and Jonghyun said that you liked y girls and, and”

“That’s what they said, now try asking me”

 

Niel swallowed the lump in his throat that he didn’t even know was there,”What’s your ideal type?”

 

 

Minsoo grabbed both of Niel’s hands and leaned forward,”You”

 

 

Niel closed his eyes automatically, tilting his head so he could taste more of Minsoo’s lips that he had considered so far away, yet here he was, kissing Bang Minsoo.

 

 

“So it doesn’t matter if I don’t like exercising or if I talk too much?”. Minsoo embraced Niel lovingly,”As long as you don’t mind having a narcoleptic as a boyfriend?”.

 

Niel’s chest swelled with the thought of having Minsoo as his boyfriend from now on and he wrapped his arms right back,”Not at all”

They stayed like that until they had to get off the ride. The couple walked hand in hand until Minsoo sat them down on a bench, searching for something in his pocket,”I’ve been meaning to give this to you”. Niel received the paper intriguingly and instantly felt his eyes water up.

The drawing that Niel had seen Minsoo work on so avidly on at lunch for months now had been a portrait of him the whole time. He quickly kissed his, and only his, boyfriend with just as much love that the other had put into the drawing.

 

 

 

After I held your hand, I felt your heartbeat

My heart is dancing along with that rhythm

What do I do? I got too excited

A cool breeze is blowing over our hands

I like it

***

 

 

 

Yay! I finally updated ^ _ ^ Random lyrics from Niel's song 'Spring Love' (please support him)
I'll have to edit later though, since I know half of this doesn't make sense and this is so cheesy omg. I hope you liked the cameos :3 or do you guys prefer less cameos or no cameos at all? Less cursing (it's a bad habit of mine)? Any things I have to work on?

I'm currently obsessing over Mamamoo (Moonbyul is my first girlcrush eva) and well Hwasa mentioned her crush on Zico and I thought they looked cute so yesh :3 I'm also really into BTS and I'm so screwed because I ship an otp that isn't even relevant.....yes Sugamon >.<

Ricky is quite the character xD I hope I wrote an introverted Niel well...I'm actually introverted myself so...yeah...and I really miss B.A.P :c

In case anyone is wondering, Niel has his hair from 'To You' => 'I Wanna Love' and Cap from 'Miss Right' 

I'm so NAP deprived you guys have no idea ; - ; no cross that out, I AM TEEN TOP DEPRIVED DAMNIT WHEN WILL THEY COMEBACK!!! I love Niel (I'm  currently going through a ricky phase though and omg i really hope he'll get a y scene or something asdhjfkjhkjflkj) 

But I want to see my babies again T^T

Oh and another thing! If you guys haven't noticed I write basing myself on Teen Top facts so I'm quite pleased that I was able to use a lot of them in this update :D Since I won't be updating for a long time (examssss jesus how am I alive @^@)  I'm hoping I'll be able to write all my prompts before Teen Top's 5th anniversary...probablywontbutiwilltry

Thank you guys for everything! I appreciate each and every single one of you ^_^ fighting to everyone!

Sorry for the long a/n and I will try to improve with each update ^3^ Please comment and all that good stuff ^^

 

Sara♥