Bonfire

life decisions
"Ive never seen you before, you just move here?" He asked, i shook my head "im here on vacation" i replied not wanting to tell this stranger everything, he nodded understandingly he couldn't keep his eyes off of me, making me feel suddenly shy. "This may be a long stretch but, what are you doing later? Me and a few people are having a bonfire here later, if your not busy maybe you would like to come?" He asked his voice showing how nervous he was while he seemed to keep his cool on the outside. "Um, maybe what time?" I looked at my clock on my phone. "People should start coming in about an hour." He replied, i thought for a second "sure why not? I have no other plans" i shrugged agreeing. A smile tugged at his lips "great see you then." I nodded watching as he went back to his friends.. the hour seemed to drag forever but when it finally came around i met up with him he had put on a white shirt, his face lighting up when he saw me. "Kang Haeun!!" He shouted, i made my way over to him, smiling i said hello as he introduced me to his friends. We all sat around the small fire drinking a couple beers. The sun set Ravi took my hand pulling me up " wanna go for a walk?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulder "sure why not?" We walked side by side next to the ocean, every so often water slashing against my ankles making my body shudder, "im glad i fell into you today Haeun, your an interesting girl." He said, hands in his pockets, I'm glad it was to dark for him to see my face blush. He stopped walking stopping me as well, he took off the hoodie he had put on and draped it over my shoulders "you looked cold" he made sure it was secure on my shoulders and moved a stand of my black hair out of my face "you are very beautiful." He cleared his throat when i didn't reply back, i heard my phone start to ring i looked at the Caller ID seeing it was my father i quickly picked up "hello Appa, no im at the beach. Ok, I'll head there now" i hung up putting my phone back into my pocket. "Ive got to go" i looked up at Ravi taking the warm cologne scented jacket off Ravi stopping me "keep it, so you have a reason to see me again tomorrow" he fixed it back on my shoulders. "I have to have a reason? Why don't you just ask for my number??" I asked. " Meet me at the cafe down the street at 3pm tomorrow" he whispered into my ear "goodnight Miss Kang Haeun, i look forward to seeing your beautiful face again tomorrow" i blushed "I'll meet you there if fate has it" i winked before taking a cab back to the hotel. I hid his jacket underneath the towel as i was about to walk inside " hello Umma, Appa" i greeted them in my usual happy tone. "Wash up and come eat" my father said. I nodded and do as I'm told, i change into sweat pants and a t shirt and wash my face, throwing my long silky black hair up into a messy bun then sat at the table beside my mother "how was the beach? You look like youve gotten some sun" my mother smiled trying to strike up a conversation before my father started on about business. "Ne, it was wonderful, the sand between my toes the smell of the ocean, i never wanted to leave." I sighed, more talking about the boy i spent well over half the day with than the ocean on the last part. I wasn't used to guys like him, i was always surrounded by arrogant rich kids back home. "Well that's good I'm glad you enjoy it here" he said warmly. I smiled taking a bite of food "i think I'll go again tomorrow and read a book or something" i don't intend to tell them about Ravi not just yet. " You know Mr. Choi has a son about your age, you should meet" my father said, finally looking up from his plate. I coughed choking on a piece of my food but to make him happy i agreed that i just may. After dinner i went to my room pulling out Ravis jacket smelling his cologne, i closed my eyes and soon drifted off to sleep.