First Encounter

Cause you're my destiny

"Oh come on, Haru-ah! It's been so long that you went out for a party, you really NEED to dance! Look how stiff you're sitting here!!", my best korean friend Chaerin urged me with a stubborn blink in her dark brown eyes and pointed at me.

She was right. I lived in one of the liveliest quarters of Seoul, in Hongdae, but I hadn't been to a party in quite a while. Since I had to start working after living a month in South Korea like a tourist - I guess that is what every other exchange student in my place would have done, too -, I hardly had the time or the motivation to go clubbing. I kinda missed the times when my friends and I would stay up all night, walking from club to club, dancing the night away. But it was still difficult for me to maintain my studies and my own apartment in a foreign country... I sighed and shook my head in order to get those thoughts out of my head. 

Chaerin still looked at me waiting for a reply. I had a late shift the next day, so there was no excuse to make. And to be honest, I didn’t even feel like looking for any excuses. I really wanted to have some fun again after all that studying and working!

"Okay. When will you pick me up?", I simply asked and a smile appeared on my face when I saw how happy my friend reacted. She promised me to wait for me at 10 PM in front of my house and we left the coffee where we always met during our lunch break and headed back to work.

After work was done, I quickly went home and got ready fort he party. I showered and picked my short blue party dress for tonight, put on some nail polish and nice make-up, styled my hair that used to be quite stick-straight to a curly look and switched from my ordinary sneakers to elegant high heels. When I had a look at myself in the mirror, I finally felt again like the 22-year-old woman I actually was, not like the 19-year-old teen girl I normally looked like. As soon as I was finished, my door bell rang. ‚Wow, what a timing!‘, I thought when I picked up my bag and went downstairs where Chaerin was waiting for me. We greeted each other and I noticed once again how gorgeous she looked. Sometimes it was really depressing for a foreign girl like me to walk around with such a korean beauty but Chaerin never made me feel like being the ugly one or something. I was really happy to have her as my best friend.

We linked arms with each other and made our way to the club street in Hongdae. We walked past the big and fancy looking clubs until we reached the area with the smaller ones. From my previous visits in Korea I only knew those big and fancy clubs because they were quite popular amongst tourists but when I got to know Chaerin she showed me the other clubs which I meanwhile preferred since it wasn’t that crowded there and the people weren’t that strange. Of course it was kinda awkward to be one of the only foreign people there and others would always look at me curiously but I already got used to it and ignored it. We entered our favourite club and on our way to the bar, Chaerin warned me not to drink too much since she knew that my tolerance wasn’t that high and I had to work the next day.
„Don’t worry, eonnie!“, I said as I handed the barkeeper 10,000 won after ordering a longdrink, „I’ll be reasonable.“ Chaerin laughed.
„Well, let’s see. Now let’s have some fun on the dancefloor!“, she replied and pulled me with her. We immediatley started dancing smoothly while sipping on our drinks, giggling since we finally had some fun again. Some guys tried to dance with us and sometimes we let them do so or we rejected them. Time passed and Chaerin and I had more drinks. After some time, the music changed from techno and house to Hip Hop, what I happily appreciated. There was even some live music - a rapper with a husky voice and another one with a clear voice who alternated so that it sounded like a battle - but we didn’t get to see them since we were standing too far away from the small stage. Nontheless, I closed my eyes and tried to listen to the lyrics but because of too many drinks I quickly became giddy, so I opened my eyes again and looked for Chaerin. She wasn’t there so I assumed that she went to the toilet and I decided to wait for her at the bar since she would come past it on her way back to the dancefloor.
I ordered the last drink for tonight. When I wanted to pull out some money, my bag fell to the ground. „Seriously…?“, I said to myself while bending down in order to pick it up again. I quickly got up and my drink was already standing in front of me. I smiled back to a random guy who was standing next to me supposedly waiting for his drink. I took a sip of my drink and wondered where Chaerin was. I checked my phone but there wasn’t any message so I only typed ‚Eonnie, where are you?! I’m waiting for you at the bar‘ and sent it to her. I emptied my drink and decided to look for her since I started worrying a bit. I kept the phone in my hand and on my way back to the dancefloor, I thought that it couldn’t be that hard to find her in such a bi-

„… and then she collapsed on the dancefloor. Fortunately she still had her phone in the hand. I could see your message and quickly called you and that’s how it ended. My friend came to help you and I picked her up and we brought you here since you guys weren’t able to tell us your adress anymore.“
I moaned reluctantly and turned around on the soft bed. I slowly opened my eyes a bit but it was way too bright and it hurt too much, so I quickly closed them again.
„Omo Haru-ah, are you awake? How are you? Can you sit up??“, a familiar voice said and I opened my eyes again. It sounded so worried.
„Eonnie?“, I muttered and tried to sit up, but it became dark again.
„Be careful, your circulation is still weak.“, a husky voice said ( I had the impression that I already had heard this before) and  strong arms held me up.
I opened my eyes again and looked into the face of my best friend.
Then I looked up and straight into two almost black eyes of a young man. His full lips formed a slight smile.
„Oh my gosh.“, I said. „What happened?!“

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! ^-^v

so this is it, my first chapter. I hope you will like it. :3 if there are any mistakes, please be kind xD I'd be happy to get some comments from you, what you think about it, though there didn't happen much till now xD This is my first time ever to write a story, so I am kinda nervous haha how this will turn out and stuff xD actually I don't really know yet where this story will lead us. It's actually based on a dream that I had a few days ago and I just wanted to keep it... I guess I am talking too much xDD so yeah... have fun reading it and please give me some feedback *bow* have a nice day!!