Chapter 7

Candy Kiss

Chapter 7

Hoya glanced at Dongwoo, sitting in the audience of the small stage, talking with the girl from the National Dance team who had displayed the amazing solo. When the team had finished the awesome performance, Hoya had rushed up to the stage, greeted a few of the guys, and asked them how to do a number of moves he had spotted during the performance. Dongwoo, on the other hand, had greeted the solo girl, who apparently knew Dongwoo as well. They had hugged, then sat to talk. Hoya wondered how Dongwoo knew the girl. There seemed to be an unspoken understanding between the two of them, some kind of secret that the two of them held. But Hoya decided he would drop the subject. Two of the dance team guys were demonstrating an awesome kick-spin move. Much more interesting than Dongwoo’s personal life.

 

----------------------------------



“After my family moved to New Zealand, I got into a dance school there. I spent about three and a half years at the school and excelled. I really learned a lot from some fantastic teachers there. If dancing had been my life before, than it turned into my life’s greatest joy in New Zealand. A few of my teachers were Korean. They were aware of a new National Jazz-hip-hop team forming in South Korea, and offered me a place in it. I was happy to accept. It was an opportunity of a lifetime, and I got to come back to South Korea with my family, at last. Once I did come back, my old memories kept resurfacing. Watching you and your group grow and succeed, it made me wonderfully happy, but I missed you a lot. I was living a dream, dancing with the team and providing for my family. You seemed to be living your dream too. I kept telling myself it would be for the best if we just went our separate ways, but I guess I just got caught in the past, and I really wanted to see you again one more time in person. So I sent you that package and the letter. And then at the fansigning, you showed me that you’d received my package. You have no idea how happy I was.” As Yeseul talked about her years since her departure, she kept a steady gaze on Dongwoo. With his stage makeup and his performance outfit, he looked like a real star. But still, a sense of warmth and friendliness lingered, along with traces of his boyhood smile and the familiarity of his presence near her.

“I can’t believe we’re both here, like this,” Yeseul continued, “I can’t believe what an amazing star you’ve become! You didn’t tell me you wanted to be a singer!”

Dongwoo smiled radiantly. Having Yeseul beside her, with her smooth, comforting voice catching him up on the missing years, his mind and heart finally felt at ease.

“I decided after you left,” Dongwoo answered, “I’ve come this far, and I’ve got a whole road ahead of me. But you, you’re a member of a national dance team! You’re representing our country with your dancing! You’ve really, honestly become a huge star!”

Yeseul blushed at the compliment. “It was given to me by such generous hands,” she said. She turned and looked at the members of her team with kind eyes. “They’re all remarkable people. And…” She raised her eyes to Dongwoo’s. A small dash of hesitation and apology flashed in her gaze. Dongwoo instantly felt the shift in mood, the comfort and calmness fading away.

“The team is going on a world tour,” Yeseul announced. The words hit Dongwoo in the gut like a bullet. The shock was too much to even cry out. The impact settled within him and tortured him, mangling his previously acquired easiness. Breathing seemed to give him pain.

“Oh,” Dongwoo breathed, his gaze dropping to his shoes.

“I’m sorry Dongwoo… I know we just met again, but this was planned before I joined the team… and…” Yeseul tried to explain, face cringing with guilt.

“When do you leave,” Dongwoo cut off, startling Yeseul. His voice hadn’t become any louder whatsoever, but the words carried weight in the firmness and steadiness of his tone. Yeseul was thrown off by the way Dongwoo’s words loomed over her, rather menacingly. His face seemed genuinely angry.

“Umm… in a week,” Yeseul replied. She eyed Dongwoo’s face, trying to sense any change in emotion. His face remained a wall of what seemed to Yeseul to be anger. Then, as his head turned to face her again, she was hit with the severity of Dongwoo’s new expression. A face full of pain, trying to smile it away without success.

“Then I’d better find a way to have you all to myself for that week,” said Dongwoo.

 

----------------------------------



 

Chapter 8 Snippet



“And, go!” Called a staff at the entrance to the stage, gesturing for the Infinite members to enter. Wearing nervous smiles, the seven boys appeared before an audience of over 3,500.

“1, 2, 3,…”
“Hello, we’re Infinite!” Sunggyu introduced as the members all bowed to the audience.
“Thank you for coming to support such a wonderful cause today, and now we’ll perform for you, “Be Mine” from our new, 1st full album.” said Sunggyu.

The seven members got into their positions as the stage slightly darkened. The music began and each of the boys shot into action in perfectly synchronized motion.



Author's Note: *I know there's seemingly a lot of back and forth, back and forth with her leaving, coming back, leaving, etc, but don't worry! No more of that in the near future! Or is there??