Chapter 3

I'm Going To You

After the weary day. 4 hours of laughter, teasing, useless until important talks at DO private birthday party, Krystal and Sehun finally drove home.

“So, what do you think about them?”

“They…” Sehun anticipating her answer. His eyes darted from the road to take a glance at her “great!”

“Baekhyun, Jongdae and DO had awesome vocals, the way they hit high pitch and the harmony. Lay play guitar better than me the world pro. Chanyeol and his drums just breathtaking, but his rap and beat box, oh my, I swore its way better. Kai, y dancing, I never really believe he is dancing king until I see it, today! Luhan, gosh, cute and masculine in one pack. He danced and sang like WHOA. Tao and his naïve talks, I can’t believe that martial art man can rap. Kris, that cold dummy basketball captain, he fit as supermodel and his low voice just full of charisma. Junmyun had to be a good spokesman, but too much smile still he sang as good as the goofy trio. Xiumin, ah, that bun, I want to pinched that bun cheeks. Sehun, especially you, you danced better than Kai, I thought. You 12 should debut, seriously. I’ll made exclusive contract with appa’s entertainment, KLabel and then I’ll be your manager. Someday, I can get million dollars from your albums, EPs, singles, merchandises or FCs.” She excitedly exclaimed. Sehun just grinned, widely in satisfaction. “What?”

“Nothing” Sehun abruptly smiled “I just love to see you like this”

“Tsk, like what?”

full of excitement, bubbly and eagerly talks, not about you neither me. “Nah, nothing”

“Look the one who forbids me to come” she teased. He chuckled lightly, relieve and exultant. “I should going out with them more often”

“Proposal accepted” he keenly agreed. “Ah, before I forget, remind me that Kai’s birthday is the day after tomorrow”

“The day after tomorrow?” she echoed “Should we buy him present?”

“Maybe, he’ll held a huge party downtown”

“As in…club?” Krystal brighten up. She LOVES clubs. Not the peoples or alcohols, it’s the blissful feeling when in touch with dazzling dancing light and sounds of vivid basses through your eardrums. When you loosen yourself into the music. Even if you alone in the dance floor.

“Of course no, we’re just juniors” he frowned and straight-facedly spoke “Club not allowed”

Yet” she added “That’s so shame” Sehun looked into her with cold look. The vibe of his how-could-you-said-that. “What? You’re the one who call me lone-wolf-club-lover”

“Don’t act like one pabo” he frigidly uttered.

“I’m not one, I only go to club if Junyoung escorted me and it’s like only 2 or 3 times” his eyebrows lifted in –some kind of– suspicion “Okay, it’s about 7 times. 9 times max. But I’m not drinking neither flirting, only dancing in the middle of the clubs like a crazy kid.”

“Still” he hummed “And you are drinking”

“No, I’m not”

“Yes, you are. 6 months ago, you drink beer not even 1 full glass and called me up to drove you home. I can still remember you sobbing bizarrely all the way home said ‘Sehun-ah, are you always this beatific?’ especially the part you keep patted my cheek and lips like a ert” he fuzzily spoke and Krystal made face. Confuse actually.

“The last part was made up”

Truth to be told, she forgot. She just lose her consciousness, she can’t remember a thing. She remembered unsurely that she took the glass of beer that he talked off. She remembered she sprint the whole clubs like crazy chimpanzee circling the whole room –and it’s reported on news–.

“No, it’s not

“Yes, it was” she vaguely replied.

“No, it’s not” he insisted “I recorded it, am I really need to show it as proof?”

“See, you lying, again” eyes rolled. He trace to his pants back pocket, took his phone and look for prove he talked about.

“Gotcha” he strut his phone “I can post it on youtube if you want to and put titled Jung Princess Caught Drunk

“You wouldn’t dare” she narrowed her eyes, challenging him.

“Try me” he slickly smirked.

“Aish, fine, you got me!” she surrendered “I don’t even have a clue what happen that night”

Quite the opposite that night was something that he keeps in mind. He memorized it exactly. Nothing, nothing in this whole wide world can make him forgot. Nothing. How can he forget?

Fast forward, they arrived to the vastest mansion in Gangnam. Home of Jung Junyoung, the widowed CEO of Jung enterprise and his two children, Jung Junyoung and Jung Sujung.

“Oppa, I’m home!” he greeted Junyoung that sat lazily in the living room.

“Sehun’s here” Junyoung waved.

“Ah Jun hyung!” Sehun replied.

“We’ll be in my room oppa”

They dashed to her room in the right wing of the second floor. Half of her room was layered with glasses. The insider area of her room had mini bar, table for four, bookshelves and chimney. Not necessarily needed, but the brunette wood wall and rug matched well. The veranda actually quite simple, it spacey with lazy chair to sunbathe. Perfect place to breathe fresh air while do some morning exercise, maybe yoga or Pilates. Her wardrobe is the biggest wardrobe that ever existed in girl in her mid 17 years old girl dream. It’s twice bigger with complete branded collections of any kind of fashion wears and endorsements. Underwear, tops, bottoms, dresses, jackets, sweaters, blazers, bags, purses, backpacks, accessorises, make-ups, perfumes read: EVERYTHING. After all, she is fashion maniac.

Sehun wander around her bookshelves whilst she changed onto casual. “You got to update your books” Sehun said. She not a bookworm but she enjoyed to read comic and novel instead magazines that mostly filled with questionable truth and newspapers that hugely written in her eyes with one word, boring. “I’m getting bored to read the same comic over and over again”

“Really? You said you’ll never bored to read 21 volumes of Vampire Knight” she shifted out of her wardrobe. She wore a plain white tank and usual vivid red short.

“Well, if it’s Vampire Knight, it’s another story”

“So, what we gonna do today?” she asked as she locked her gaze at her phone and with fingers travelled through the screen.

To: Uncle Sejung

Good evening uncle Sejung! You must be busy lately. In case, Sehun didn’t tell you, yet. I just want to inform you that Sehun’s with me, again. By the way, send my huge regards to aunty Hunjae. It’s really been a long time since I met you two, I’ll visit as soon as I can. Love your son’s best friend that the similar name to you Sujung.

“Yah! Who do you texted?”

“Your dad”

“Not again” he snorted. He exasperated how Sujung really close to his dad even so she knew how he highly disliked it. Sehun’s dad, not exactly a bad man. Not even close to a bad man. He just had the wrong approach to his son. He had the saddest way to influence his own son. Precisely like Sehun, he had the wrong words to express in such as intimate relationship. Uncle Sejung and aunty Hunjae’s love story for example, aunty always told me how awful uncle 1st confession even the proposal went bad. Not bad in a bad way, but bad in a comical, sweet and romantic way. However, Sehun –who raised with wrongly egoistic point of view– never been as close as Krystal with his dad. He dad always persuade him to be CEO, but as I said it’s just outcome really peculiar. Son, someday you’ll take my place. You’ll wear suits and take over my seat. There’ll be many obstacles you had to overcome. You had to know the consequences, if you can’t deal with it, just quit it. The words that altered him.

He zoning out for a second then his eyes went to her viciously. Exaggeratingly. “Wae?”

“You know why! I hate to–” her phone ring disturb. He sighed.

From: Uncle Sejung

Good evening too dear –my son’s best friend that had the similar name with me– Sujung. You know me, I been really busy but if Krystal texted me, it’s a must to reply. How’s your day with Sehun? I hope he not bring any burden to you. Tell him to be a gentleman and take care of my daughter. Don’t forget to remind him eat on time and drive home safely. I’ll send your regards, send mine too to Sujunie and Junyoungie. Sejung out.

“Uncle Sejung really texted like a teenager” she commented. Sehun sat in black leather couch near the chimney and Krystal laid in the bad lazily, swinging her foots, playing her tiptoes and stared blankly at the ceiling. Sehun laid back and tilted his head. “He said tell him to be a gentleman and take care of my daughter, don’t forget to remind you to eat on time and drive home safely”

“Why can’t he tell me himself?” he sighed, yet again “Stop talked about him”

“We fight a lot today like an old married couple, can we just not?” like an old married couple, it lingered in his ears. It’s somehow bizarrely made him happy as a tip of blissful smirked curled on his lips. He’s chough in response. “like an old married couple” he whispered, unexpectedly choked on his words made he repeatedly chough then. “Do you catch cold? You’re not right? Because every time you catch cold, I’ll get infect right away and you know it’s ugly”

To: Uncle Sejung

Fighting for the hectic days uncle! ㅋㅋㅋ How can he be a burden to me uncle? I’m the one who bring burden to him. Ne, I already passed it to him. He noted it down and annoyed as usual. Good day uncle. Krystal, out!

She replied in dash. “Hello? Krystal? I’m not statue here” he waved and shouted try to get her attention.

“I heard you idiot” she turned her corpse faced him.

“What time is it?” he asked.

“Almost 5” she replied “Yah, don’t you think there’s something going on between Kai and Suzy? Like sort of boyfriend-girlfriend relationship”

“Is that even possible? It’s true you got really strong intuition but what made you so sure?”

“Can’t you tell?” she frowned “I had strange feeling about that. They were class’ cat and dog. I didn’t know when or how, suddenly they became seatmate and looks like they made up. Worsen, he likes rooted over her and otherwise. Even today, they talked to each other, intensely changing glances and smiled when look into each other eyes, in class. Then Kyungsoongie’s birthday–” he cut “You should be FBI profiler” he amazed with cooed eyes. He lean forward, with hand supported in his lap and chin rested in his palm.

“You interrupted my analysis idiot” she snapped and eagerly continue “So, today’s at Kyungsoo’s birthday, looks like Suze save a seat for Kai, even though it’s on the edge. So, it’s not strong enough. But, I consider ‘saved seat’ idea nearly true because instead of sitting at another empty seat next to his own best friend, he chose Suzy. AND, they did what basically they did in class, built a cagey conversation.”

“Wait. Wasn’t you believe gossips as a superstitious act?”

“You made your point, but this entirely not gossips. Gossips more like backstabbing sin. Perhaps, I should called this is a friendly study?” She not gonna say no. Indeed, gossip is such a low deed.

“Really? Study?”

“Screw that, so what do you thought about them? The Kaizy couple”

“Eii, you even gave them name” leaning back, he teasingly uttered “For me, wasn’t that sweet? To found the one.”

“I wonder when I’ll found the one” she rested back, staring at the ceiling once again. “I’m not desperate though. But just wonder, wonder what to feel when found the one. To feel thump in your chest, to feel ease at his embraceto feel warmth of what the fairytale called love.”

She softened.

“I don’t know how a girl like me found love. I’m not worthy enough. Who’ll love me? Who’ll be able to love me? Who’ll be able to accept me? I don’t even want a romantic story. God, I talking crazy again.”

Silence. If she would, she can hear his heartbeat pounded oddly. He with his preoccupied gawped at the floor, wouldn’t dare to speak. For the 1st time, she couldn’t understand recognized what his gaze meant. Is it good one or bad one? Maybe somewhere between? “Hun?”

She stood up and took a placed at the carpet, just half a meter away from him. “You zoning out, what were you think of?” You. He wanted to scream badly. But no, It will be, awkward. Beyond awkward. He wanted to scream those three words as she in touch with the ‘the one’ talk.

“Nothing” he murmured. She jabbed the side profile of his thighs. Unlike any normal girl jab, it’s actually hurt. Thanks to her fitness routine. He rubbed his aching thigh bewilderedly.

“You can’t lie to me” she mumbled “Ah, if by any chance I’m correct, you already found her”

“Wh-what? No” he clumsily retorted. Spot on. He just answered her. “Aigoo, you had a crush!” she elatedly spoke. “Tell me who is she! Tell me how is she like! Tell me how you feel about her! Tell me! Tell me!”

“I don’t know what she meant to me, I’m not sure yet…” he began. “Carry on”

“I had my eyes on her for a long time. I had to say, she’s my 1st love. She wasn’t a wallflower, neither a queenka. She had pure heart, she’s so kind yet so fragile but she won’t able to see that in herself. As childish as her mind, lately, she keeps ask about love, to be in love, but she doesn’t even know how to love herself…”

She adsorbs words through words, rather than amuse, she felt down. She didn’t know how to explain it. It’s just down. Like your heart and common sense plunge 1000 inches down.

“She really is complicated but she never scared to show everyone who she really is and she won’t let anyone change her. I proud for her. I wish you know what I feel. Because, every time I saw her, I want to tug her into my arms and whispered I love you. I said it one thousand time every single day if I could and if she really the one and someday she stood as my bride, God, It’ll like dream come true.”

“Its sounds…great!” she faked “But you don’t answer my first question, who is she?”

“I can’t tell you…yet”

 “Oh” sounds of disappointment. She gulped and closed her eyes. Try to carefully process his words through her senses. Who is she? The line that dangled in her mind. When’s the last time they talking serious like this? When’s the last time there’s chill hanging in the air between them? He dropped clues, hoping she’ll be able to read that but it’s only made her crazier than ever. She knew he drop clue, she knew that the clues could directed to everyone except her. Denying the pang in her chest she can only curled smile and pretend that she’s okay. Then, another question hit her. What is she actually feels?

“Just don’t think about it, I told you, I’m not even sure yet” but your words said the otherwise. She faked a smile, again but this time it’s weaker and emptier. Bitterness in every vibrant it radiate. She lay down. She didn’t care if it in the floor, she just laid down.

“However, I doubt she’ll notice me” he softened. His voice so delicate with flimsy gazed. He gawped to her, can’t met to her eyes.

“What? Every girl in town will notice Oh Sehun” she –pretend to– perked up with 1001 million speculations in her head. It’s not helping her.

“This girl is different” he feebly mumbled. Different.

“Different? Like what?”

“Just different” he retorted. “Ah, about Kai’s party”

“What about it?”

“You’ll be my date, right?”

“Why don’t you just ask her?” just did

“I already asked her”

“And?”

“Just– She– I want Krystal Jung go with me”

“Yeah then ‘Oh Heir and Jung Princess Spotted Together Once Again’ will be all over the news” she predictably joked. Paparazzi, reporters and the press, they easily to predict.

“News just dumb things to care”

“Don’t copy my words, I had the copyright”

“Copyright my ” he chuckled softly.

“That my words too”

“Mehrong” they laughed at the same time “So, you’ll go right?”

“Yea, of course” she stirs back.

“Girls dress code is white; you better wear white cocktail Versace dress or the long sleeved Marc Jacobs that I bought in Paris last year.”

“I decide what I’ll wear my own but good advices”

“Then wore the white Jimmy Choo high heels and the silver Gucci purse”

“Okay then, my costume settled. How about yours?”

“Tux” he replied shortly.

“Seriously? Tuxedo?” 

 

Author Note

Chapter 3 posted! Faster update than usual. Hopes you enjoy it. Thanks for new subscriber and comments. chantiqputri out!