Start of the Uncertainty

Sweet Tooth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
START OF THE UNCERTAINTY

**

Months have passed and winter was fast approaching. Ken and Taeyeon’s relationship grew every day. They fight about silly things, they tease each other and even criticize one another. They had their bad moments, yes, but it was easily covered with their good ones.

They’ve learned a lot about each other. Ken learned that Taeyeon was a writer and that was the reason why she moved in their town. There was this one time he asked Taeyeon to read him one of her works, but she utterly refused. She told him to buy her book. Ken laughed it off and kept it in mind. Though Taeyeon said she hasn’t really published any book yet, he promised he’d be one of the first buyers. She loved the idea.

Taeyeon had met his parents. She had dinner at his house most of the time. Ken remembered when he first introduced her. Taeyeon went through the whole “let’s look at my boyfriend’s baby pictures” that every girlfriend would definitely experience during the introductory stages. She thought he was cute and squishy. He was embarrassed.

It pleased Ken that his parents adored Taeyeon. It took a lot of courage to introduce a girl to the parents, especially if the said girl has a lot of rumours about her.

He was relieved that his parents gave the okay sign. And it pleased him more that Taeyeon adored his parents too. It was a win-win situation.

Even though rumours still spread about Taeyeon, Ken didn’t bother. He knew the truth and if they don’t believe him or his girlfriend, then it’s better not to waste any more time.

 

***

It was a cold day of November and Ken was already closing his shop. It was snowing really hard that day. He’s pretty worried about Taeyeon. She’s been sick for a couple of days now and there’s no one to take care of her.

He hated the fact that he couldn’t take care of his girlfriend. Taeyeon declined his offer to nurse her. She told him off for thinking to skip work. She said it’s more important. He wanted to tell her that she’s more important than his work, than his shop, but he knows he’d just get another scolding.

Taeyeon hated irresponsible people so he manned up and followed his girlfriend’s order. He still called her though, checking-up on her from time to time.

Ken locked the do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter