Start of Something Sweet

Sweet Tooth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
START OF SOMETHING SWEET

**

Lee Jaehwan, commonly known as Ken, has always been weak against sweets. He can't live a day without eating candies, chocolates or whatever food there is to satisfy his sweet tooth.

He has always been amazed of how sweets can affect people. Happy or sad, angry or pleased - we tend to eat sweets.

They just have this effect to make things better or at least lighten things up. That's why he decided to be a patissier - not only is he making the food that he loves; he’s also making people happy.

He opened up his own cake shop - Cakes by Ken. His parents were against it at first but seeing how the business boomed in their town, they eventually gave him their approval.

Ken has always loved baking, so having a cake shop of his own just gave him pure bliss.

Every day he would wake up early to check the ingredients, the cakes and other things the shop would need.

By the way, his shop is not only known for its great cakes. It’s also known for its great music.

Ken has talent when it comes to music. His singing is divine and his music tastes are always praise-worthy. He would either sing or play songs. Whatever it is, the customers would always love it.

In his own little shop, Ken is doing what he loves the most – what else could be missing right?

Well, there is something. There is still one thing missing in his life.

Being an owner of a shop also has its downsides.

He’s too busy attending his business that his love life was put to a stop, or rather was put on hold. Even though he’s only 22, turning 23 this year, he craves the emotional support.

He gets by but he misses the feeling. He misses the smiles, the cuddles, the kisses, the caresses - he simply misses the comfort a lover gives.

Whenever he gets lonely, he’d always say, “Jaehwan! Not everyone could do what they love. Be happy and just wait. Someone will eventually come!” Then he’d bake a cake for himself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter