Chapter 11.

Your only lie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Your one and only lie.

                                                                                                                      S T O R Y L I N E B Y K I M D A N I E L L A         

Chapter 11. - The ugly truth.

"You've fallen in love with the wrong person, HyeMi-ah." Donghae said with his trembling voice, "Unfortunately you are in love with the worst one." he whispered touching her skin slowly, moving his hands up an down around her back."I'm in love with you too," he said quietly. HyeMi nodded. It wasn't a confesion and both of then knew it. He was blaming himself for his feelings. He didn't wanted it to happen. "Donghae-ah ..." she whispered slowly looking in his eyes. She was prepared to ask him. To ask all these questions about her past, about these memories who left and never came back. "I am so in love with you, HyeMi-ah." he continued, ignoring her worried face. He was staring at her, and she could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, but I am in love with you." he continued with the same trembling voice.

When adults say, teenagers think they are invincible with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don't know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail. Without pain, how could we know joy? This is an old argument in the field of thinking about suffering and its stupidity and lack of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries but suffice it to say that the existence of broccoli does not, in any way, affect the taste of chocolate.

"Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them." he said somehow embarrassed. Without even noticing, he was hugging her from behind. He was holding her in his arms so thight that she could lose her breath in every secound. "I promised ... I said I'll never ever talk to you. But look at me now ..." he sighes deeply. "Just one question, Lee Donghae ..." she finally managed to say. "Why?" she asked. "Why did you acted like this all this time if you really loved me?" she continued trembling. He sighed. "I was scared ..." he replied softly then he hugged her tight once again. "Scared isn't a good excuse. Scared is the excuse everyone has always used." For a moment, she was quiet. Then she grabbed his hand and whispered something. “Tell me the truth ... please!" she said slowly, so slowly that he wasn't even able to hear it properly.

Much of his life had been devoted to trying not to cry in front of people who loved him, so he knew what she was doing. You clench your teeth. You look up. You tell yourself that if they see you cry, it will hurt them, and you will be nothing but a sadness in their lives, and you must not become a mere sadness, so you will not cry, and you say all of this to yourself while looking up at the ceiling, and then you swallow even thou
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter