Shining Sons of Itaewon Part 1

Never Again

"Luhan-ah, wake up. Everyone's been up for an hour."

"No..."

"Yes, Lulu. Get up."

"You know I hate that name, Minseok-hyung," mumbled Luhan, finally rolling over and rubbing open his eyes. "Why do I have to get up? We don't have a schedule today - Manager-hyung told me yesterday."

"You're right Luhan; we don't have a schedule today, but I want to go out and nobody else wants to go. You'll come, right," asked Minseok from his perch on Luhan's bed. Luhan, finally awake, moved to the edge and pressed against Minseok's side, where he was immediately accepted.

"Where are we going?"

"Itaewon. Han-ah, get ready fast, alright? I don't want to be caught up with fans until as late as possible."

"Okay, hyung."

"Go shower, there's breakfeast on the table still. I'll wait for you in the living room," Minseok whispered to Luhan.

"Alright," replied Luhan, abandoning his cuddle to stretch and head to the bathroom. "I'll be ready, hyung."

 



If there was one thing that Luhan was thankful for, it was the chance to shower by himself in the dorms. He could do whatever he wanted: brush his teeth, use the bathroom, look in the mirror, and wash his body in peace with no Tao asking for his back to be washed or Baekhyun fixing his hair in the mirror. It was a pro of sleeping in later than everyone else. Still, the more he showered with them - together - the less he wanted to shower by himself. Tao's nagging and Baekhyun's casual prescence at the sink wasn't that much of a bother anymore and he missed their energy when he was alone.

Being with his 11 members was new for him; he didn't have any siblings and he had went to boarding school with a single room when he was younger. Things that had always irritated him weren't as irritating as he thought: an unlimited number of cups in the bathroom, the crazy amount of shoes that somehow missed the shoe wardrobe in front of the door, and the noise of s.

He had always been alone; never had he felt like he was in 'company' even with his friends in Haidian. With his family, he wasn't alone, but it wasn't often that he was with them so, to him, they didn't count. Weekends spent with his parents didn't count - weekends don't build relationships - but this 24/7 contact with s did. They made him happy, they made him sad and they made him feel alive. They were Luhan's family.



When Luhan came out of the bathroom, he rushed to get ready for his trip to Itaewon: Minseok was waiting for him.

Breakfast was fruits and a small bit of yogurt; not really enough but Minseok usually brought him something to eat.

He was ready for Minseok and Itaewon.