Reminisce

Mine

The day was chill and I found myself perched back on my favourite ledge by my window, my gaze cast down to the snow clad streets of Seoul, it had been four years since I had moved to Korea from small little New Zealand, but I didn’t regret a thing.  This large and beautiful city was now my home just as much as small little muggy Hamilton was.

 

Being offered the opportunities I had been here were simply amazing, I had now my home in the heart of Seoul, just a small walk from the hospital I found myself working at, surgery after surgery kept me busy but I loved my job, the reward of helping someone else always made me smile.

 

Not to mention, the people I had met whilst living in this large urban jungle. I had been your typical fan girl like so many others, scrolling through page after page of tumblr, squealing and silent flailing over those amazing images of the gorgeous Korean men that littered this entertainment industry. So imagine my excitement when I would finally get to be in the country where I could go to meet and greets, and concerts. It was like the icing on top of the dream cupcake.

 

A shuddered rumbled down my spine and I pulled the blanket shrugged over my shoulders tighter around my slender form, the winter here was not something that I could used to, that bone freezing cold lurking in every corner, the snow itself was so beautiful and I could stare at it falling all day. But the cold leaked into my bones and made my teeth chatter.

 

Releasing my breath into a puff I let out a disgruntled sigh as I realized the underfloor heating was not working again. I curled further into myself, my eyes still cast onto the many forms of people scampering about in the snow coated streets, the city just as busy and bustling as it always was, this weather seemingly never affecting the determined people of Korea from going about their business.

 

I on the other hand was granted a small holiday to myself, originally having planned to fly back to New Zealand to visit family, I found myself stranded in my cold apartment due to no flights being permitted out of the country due to weather.  It had dampened my spirit slightly, the hope of hugging my parents and lying on my familiar bed being squashed so quickly.

 

Not to mention the boy I had met whilst wandering the streets of Seoul in a freak accident, was not here to keep my warm in his strong arms. My mind danced back to the day of our meeting, a small smile brushing over my lips.

 

It had been a snowy day just like this; in fact it was my first day amongst this crazy Korean weather. I had been rushing through the bustling crowd a hot cup of coffee imbedded between my palms trying to sap the warmth from the drink. My path lead me through the park nearby, this route was more barren and less travelled.

 

I had looked up seeing my work no far ahead and had set forward at a faster pace. But unfortunately my foot had hit an ice patch, with a more than slightly embarrassing squeak of surprise I found myself tumbling into another person spilling my hot coffee on both of us. Strong hands had righted me into a standing position as his deep chuckle had me blushing like mad. Only pausing in mild shock to who it was I had run into.

 

A steaming mug of hot coco distracted me from my reminiscing, my shocked gaze travelling up that broad arm and locking onto that grinning face. With a squeal I cast the blanket from my body flinging my arms over his shoulders and nuzzling my face into his warm neck, him being careful to not spill the warm beverage on either of us whilst chuckling that same chuckle as that day.

 

 

“I thought you were on tour? When did you get back?” I questioned looking into those playful eyes as he just grinned in return placing a chaste kiss on my lips that still made a slight blush tinge my cheeks, he scooped me into his arms depositing back onto my perch by the window, tucking me into my blankets and placing the warm drink in my cold palms.

 

“I came back early. I didn’t want you sitting here all alone on your holiday, I’m sure the guys are fine without me for a day” he said slipping in behind me, his legs resting on either side of me as I rest back onto his warm chest, a smile painting on my lips as I felt so safe and relaxed in his arms.

 

“ Well good because I missed you” I said and rest my head on his shoulder contentedly sipping at the warm coco that was exactly the way I liked it.

 

This amazing boy I was currently using as my own personal pillow was none other than B.A.P’s Jongup, he was that one I had haphazardly crashed into that day, he had escorted me back to his dorm wrapping me in his warm and dry clothes, and ever since that day we had kept into contact until we slipped into a comfortable relationship three years previously.

 

Something cold slipping onto my left ring finger drew my gaze back from the city below us and to the glinting ring on my finger. My heart stuttered in shock as I took in the white gem shaped as a snowflake, as those soft lips came to press onto my check gently, his strong arms tightening around my waist and holding me closer to his chest.

 

“Rebecca, will you be mine?” his words just brushed over the shell of my ear, my breath hitching before I spun casting the cup of coco onto the wooden floor as I wound my arms around him nuzzling into his chest as I nodded continuously, my yes becoming almost like chant as he simple smiled in response. Running his fingers through my hair as he waited for me to came.

 

“Good, because I want only you”