Wandering Soul

Wandering Soul

Just like what I promise to Minho. I went to the cemetery the next day to see him. He didn’t mention where we will be meeting that’s why I just walked to the place where we first met. To his tomb. I call it to his tomb since there is where I first saw him. I reached the place in less than fifteen minutes, which is kinda surprising because I am sure that we walked more than fifteen minutes or maybe half an hour to the front gate.

I looked around, but I didn’t see him. Did he forget our meeting? I hope not. Besides, we didn’t talk about what time. Maybe I was just a little bit early.

I walked to the exact place where he was sitting yesterday and sat there. I find it surprisingly comfortable sitting in someone else tomb. I was doing what he was doing yesterday, picking out some twig in the ground when he appeared at my side.

“You’re a stealer you know? That was my spot.” He said that I almost jump out from my seat.

“God Minho. You surprise me.” I said, patting my chest to calm my rapid heartbeat.

“Sorry. But I am not sorry. I wanted to scare you.” He said, grinning.

“You know that it’s not healthy to scare someone. Especially in the cemetery.” I wanted to kick him.

“Oh, so you're scared of the ghost.” He said mocking me.

“I am not. I just want to have a little distance.” I said, trying to convince myself that I am not really scared of some wandering soul.

“You sure love that word.”

“What word?”

“Little. You said yesterday that you were a little lost and now you said that you want a little distance to them.”

I didn’t answer, instead I stood up. “Where do you want to bring me today? You said that there’s a lot of good places here. In the cemetery.” I wanted to ask him if he can show me somewhere outside the cemetery but decided not to. Not today. Maybe someday.

“Yup. Let's go.”

He started walking and I followed him.

 

He was right there are lots of nice places in the cemetery. I must be going crazy. Thinking that the cemetery is a good place. But maybe it's not really the cemetery that was good. Maybe it was not the scenery. Maybe because I was with him that I am seeing flowers all around. Maybe I am with him that why I feel like it was bright even if it was already dark. Maybe because I am with him, that’s why I find this place kind special.

We parted ways when the sun was starting to set. He invited me again to come tomorrow and of course I said yes. And of course, we are going to meet at the cemetery. Again.

I got to meet him in the next day. And in the next day and the next day again until I found that we are meeting all day that my father have been asking me where am I going. When I said that I was meeting a new friend, he saw how happy he was that I didn’t have a hard time finding a friend here.

“Hey Minho, are you going to school?” I asked when we were walking around the children's graveyard which is more beautiful than the other part of the cemetery.

“Ahhmm..I am in a vacation right now.” He answer looking at the ground while his hands in his back pocket.

“Vacation? Why? Are you sick?” I suddenly got worried about him. I really don’t know anything about him. And I just figured that now. We are always talking about me. About my existence. But never his.

“No, I am not. It’s just that I am..Hmm..In a vacation.” He turned to me and gave me a slight smile.

I frowned at him. “Do you really want to talk to me or are you just pretending? That you are just being nice to me since I am new here?” I kinda feel disappointed because every time I asked him any question about himself, he never gave a decent answer. Not even once.

“What made you think that?” He stopped walking when I stop. “Taemin, what’s wrong?”

“I think I have to go.” I lost my interest for today. I thought last night that maybe today I’ll gonna figure something about him. About his life just like how he knew mine. I already talked to him all about my past experience, about my family, about almost everything that I can say to a friend. But he never once talked about his own. Not even his family.

“Are you mad?” His expression change. It is sadness or disappointment?

“Of course not. I just remember that I have to do something.” I turned around and started walking when I tripped on something and landed on the ground. Great! That was the very nice timing to get tripped when I was thinking of a dramatic exit, just like in the movies when the lead man will run after the woman and stop him from leaving.

“Are you okay?” He was now standing in front of me with his worried looked.

“Yup. No harm.” I waited for him to offer a hand to help me stood up but he never did. Instead, he sat down beside me.

“Sorry Taemin. I want to help you, but you see..I..I..”

“I know you are a little untouchable.” I said as I sat properly. He never touched me since the day we met. Not even once and I so wanted to touch him. To feel how smooth his skin. How soft his dark brown hair. And how soft his lips are.

LEE TAEMIN!

The other part of mind shouted at my erted mind. Not my fault that my mind was starting to get wild. It was his for being this..hmm..hot.

“You know what.” Minho said that made me snap out from my fantasy.

“What?”

“I want to touch you.” He said without looking at me and I saw the pink in his cheek.

“Pardon me?” I acted that I didn’t hear it because I want to hear it again. I didn’t know hearing that will make me happy. For other normal people will hear that phrase, they will surely will gonna freak out. They might even think Minho as some kind of ert/ young hot guy.

He cleared his throat, then he shook his head. “Nothing.” He turned to me. “You said you have to leave now, right?” He stood and I followed. “I’ll walk you to the gate.”

I suddenly feel regret. I shouldn’t have said that. I shouldn’t have gotten pissed a while ago. I wanted to stay longer, but I can’t say that with being embarrassed. Besides, I can come here again tomorrow. It’s not like this was the last time for us.

“Bye Taemin.” He said while we are at the gate.

Ask him to go to your house. To get dinner! Ask him! My mind was shouting at me.

“Bye. See you tomorrow.” I said instead and feel like a sudden headache as if someone just knock me in the head.

“Ahmm.. I don’t think we can see each other.” There was a sadness in his eyes and also in his face.

“Oh is that so? Then I see you next time.”

He smiled and nodded. I said my goodbye and started to walk away when I suddenly thought that I still haven’t know his number. I turned around to ask him, but he was not in the gate anymore. I just shrugged my shoulder and decided to ask him next time.



 

I was bored. I was so bored! My two fathers were gone because they have this Friday night date and I am not welcome to join them, that’s why here I am spending my time staring at my ceiling while music was playing. I didn’t feel this boredom ever since I started living in this town and that was thanks to Minho who made me so busy with our all day walk in the cemetery that I always find myself drained when I got home. But today it was different. I didn’t get out of the house because we don’t have an appointment for today, which made me stay all day here in the house.

I miss Minho. Yes, that's true. I miss him. I miss talking to him. I miss his smile and his laugh. I miss his mocking about my little fear in ghost. I miss all his expression. I miss his mysterious aura. I just miss him. Everything about him. I miss Minho.

I jumped off the bed, put some jacket and ran outside my house, of course after I lock it. I don’t want to get killed by my two fathers when something got stolen.

I don’t know where Minho lives. But I know the place where I can go to ease this feeling. The cemetery is the only place I can remember him. I feel like when I was there I am always with Minho. I ran towards his tomb, but I suddenly stop when I saw him sitting there together with that old creepy man.

What is he doing here? I thought that he can’t come today.

I started to approach him, but stop when I heard my name. They were talking about me. I hide in the small there, not so small because it still managed to hide me.

“You have stop meeting him young man.” The old man said that made Minho let his head down.

“But I want to be with him. I like talking to him.” Minho said with so much sadness in his voice.

“But you can’t give him a false hope. What if he falls in love with you?”

I was startled. In love? Me? With Minho? That’s possible. Or maybe I was already in love with him. If not, what is this I am feeling right now? This longing that I feel with seeing him for just a day?

“He won’t.” It broke my heart when Minho said that.

“Young man. You can never tell that. I can see the both of you. You hearts. I know that red light in your hearts.”

I looked down at my chest. Red light? I have a red light in my heart? How?

“Just for a little bit. Please? Then I’ll tell him. Please.”

“You know the consequences. This thing already happened before young man. And after this who knows how long you’ll gonna wait again to see him. Or worst this is the last time for you to see him again.

See me? Again? What was happening?

“It’s okay. At least I got a chance to see him.”

That’s it, I wanted an answer.

“Minho. What are you talking about?”

He me with a surprised looked and eyed me as if I just turned into a two headed monster.

“Taemin what are you doing here?”

“Minho what are you doing here?” I asked him back.

“I… I..” His eyes became uneasy.

“Young man. I think you have to end this now.” Grandpa said as he stood up, but didn’t leave. As if he was waiting Minho.

Minho also stood up, but he was looking at the ground.

“Minho. What is wrong?”

He approached me and stop a couple of steps away from me. “I want to touch you.” He said that again, but this time he was looking straight into my eyes. “But I can’t.”

Now I am starting to get confused. “Minho please. Explain.”

He reached out his hands. “Touch me Taemin.” He said while still looking at me.

No. I don’t want to. I felt that there is something wrong. That's when I touch me, everything will gonna turn wrong.

“What are you saying Minho. I don’t want. You said that you’re a little untouchable right. That’s fine with me. I can continue talking to you without any physical contact.”

When he took another step towards me, I took a step back. And just before I can run away from him, he extended his hands towards my face. I closed my eyes and waited to feel him, but to my dismay, I didn’t feel any human skin. I didn’t feel a warm hand in my face instead I felt a very cold breeze that touched my face. It was so cold that if it stayed a little longer in my face I am sure I’ll gonna get frostbite.

Cold?

Untouchable?

Cemetery?

Ghost? Minho, is he one of them? Yes. Yes, he is.”

I am afraid to open my eyes. I am afraid that when I opened it Minho will be vanished.

“Taemin. Please open your eyes.” He said with a gentle voice.

“No! I don’t want.”

“You have to. This was our last time.” He started begging, but I still keep my eyes closed. “Taemin please. I want to see your eyes.”

I took a very very very deep breath before I opened my eyes just to be surprised when the place was now bright. I am sure that it was still dark when I closed my eyes.

“Minho.” I mumbled. He was looking at me with that bright smile. No wonder it was so bright here. It was just his smile.

But there was something wrong. Minho’s hands were still in my face, but this time I can feel his warmth. I extended my hands to touch him. “Minho, you’re not untouchable anymore.” I said stupidly.

“I am happy Taemin. I am so happy to meet you. For the long time I have stuck in here at last I did find you.”

“Minho. What are you talking about? Why do you sound as if we were not going to meet each other again? I can be here tomorrow. It’s okay if you’re a ghost I don’t mind. Really.”

He smiled again, this time it was brighter, but with a strain of sadness. “I will be here tomorrow Taemin. But you wouldn’t see me anymore.”

“Why?”

“Because that’s the consequences of me loving you.”

“You..you love me?”

“Yes, I do. I always do.” He pulled me into a hug and that was the best feeling I had since I was born.

“Please Minho. Can’t you stay? Here by my side.” I hugged him tightly. “I love you.”

“I am always be here. In your side. Always Taemin. I will always guide you to the gate. I will always watch over you. I will always be here, there in your heart.” He pulled me away, but his hands was still holding my shoulder while looking me in the eyes.

“Minho. Please.”

“Promise me that you will never hold this love for me. Promise me that you will going to move on and will be happy in your life. Promise me that you will going to love another and will never stay in this unrequited love. Promise me Taemin.”

“I don’t want to.”

“You have to.”

I hugged him again. “You said that you found me. That you love me. Okay, I’m going to promise you all that. But then, can’t you promise one thing to me too?”

“What is it?”

“That you’ll going to find me again. In your next life.”

He hugged me tightly, “I’m going to find you again. I promise.” He pulled me away again, but this time not just to stare me but to kiss me.

It was a wonderful kiss that I know I’m going to keep in my heart forever. The kiss of my first love. My ghost love. My true love. I know that I’m going to miss him badly. That I’m going to have a hard time finding a new love. But I know. Someday, someway, somehow, I’m going to meet him again. And I’m going to make sure at that time, it will not going to be an unrequited love. Minho will going to stay by my side. Forever. And oh, not as a ghost.

“I promise. I’m going to find you again.” He mumbled in our kissed before some red light separated us.



 

“I promise. I’m going to find you again.”

I opened my eyes with that same dream I had. It’s been a year since my bizarre love story started and ended at the same time. And for this past few days that dream kept on coming in my sleep.

I jumped out of my bed when I heard my father called me. After I put my uniform I run downstairs to eat my breakfast.

“Morning Appa. Morning Umma.” I greeted my two fathers who were already in the table.

“Morning Baby.” That was my biological father. Key Umma.

“Morning Tae. Feeling better now?” And that was my handsome adoptive father. Jong Appa.

“Yup much better.” I ate my cereal as fast as I can when I heard Sulli, my friend, calling me. “Gotta go now. Bye you two.” I said before, I stormed out of the house.

“Lee Taemin! So slow.”

“You have to understand. I was and still sick remember?” I frowned as we started to walk to our fifteen minutes away school.

“You sure got sick in a very wrong timing dear friend.”

“Why? Do I have to get an appointment to my cells to get sick?”

She smack me in the back that made me cough slightly.

“Stupid. Course not. Well, you see, we have a transfer student. A hot transfer student.”

“Not so interested.”

“You have to since I kinda find you two with so much similarities.”

I her, but still continue walking. “Is the hot department is included?”

“No. Definitely not.”

“Then I am not interested.” I said and walked ahead of her.

She ran after me and pulled me closer to her. “You gotta listen to this buddy. He said that he always had this dream. This recollection his words, that he has to find someone. That he has to keep his promise. That in his previous life, he was a ghost and fell in love with a human, but that love was not at that time…”

I am sure that she was still talking, but I can’t understand her words anymore because my full attention was settled to the boy at the gate of our school.

He’s tall. He’s beautiful. He’s perfect.

“… And the person that he was looking for was here in our school.” Sulli said and that made in my ear. “Oh, and there he is.” She ran towards the boy and left me in the middle of the road still blank.

Then our eyes met. And there I feel an invisible cord connected us because I swear to God. I heard him say….

“I kept my promise. I found you. At last.”

 



Thank you for reading!!!

And you guys must read that book. It's so beautiful and the ending is great!!

Thank you again!