JongKey

HottieSitting: Alternative Endings

JongKey:

CONTENT WARNING: CLIFF HANGER

"I... I..." Key's words were dying in his throat as the two looked upon him expectantly waniting for some kind of big decision as if one measly date had already set his answer down in stone. It was hard, mind-numbling so, how did they expect him to just chose like that. Sure he had suggested it in the first place but now that it came to it... he could neither choose because of his bundle of confusion that had boiled up in his mind over who he like best as well as not wanting to hurt either of them. He had feelings for both of them but he did not know how to sort them out. With a solemn sigh and choked up in the back of his throat he let out a sigh which was borderline some kind of sob.

"I can't." And then he ran, he ran like he never done before. Partially as he despised running. He couldn't stand just being there, he had to escape and his legs were just moving without any real input from his brain. He acknowledged their calls after him but he didn't dare look back or stop. He just kept running, it was the safest option. To just escape.

SEVEN YEARS LATER

Teacher. This was not what he expected to happen at all, this was not down any of his planned routes. Especially not teaching children, the ones hardly past being toddlers at that, but here he was. He wasn't bad at it either as he was good with children, he knew that ever since his babysitting ventures. It was the elder ones he had a problem with - particularly the ones his age he had to 'look after'. No, he had never forgotten them lot even though it was coming on a decade now but he found that they had managed to shape much of who he was today but he grew afraid to get in touch with them again ever since he bolted on Jonghyun and Minho. And by the time he picked the courage it had been too late, they had moved on quite literally and he lost practically all hope of getting contact. But it was okay, he had steady wages, a job that he actually enjoyed save for the paperwork which he despised as he did not see the point in it. He didn't really like how often children seemed to have accidents whether potty-based, vomit-based or banging their heads, grazing their knees and other such annoying children stuff like that. They could also cry - a lot. But they could be good kids so it was not all that bad.

New school year now though so new children, and new parents. The parents were worst than the children half the time, all the swaddling, questions and just overbearing parent things. The older parents tended to look down on him as well as he was a young teacher so in their eyes not an experienced one. He just have to grin and bear it like he did every year save for the occasions when siblings of other students arrived in his class. There was something that made him stop this year though. He knew that parent, but not from some other student. 

Jonghyun? No, it couldn't be. Having a child that old already, and he had been sure the other had been gay by the constant moves that the other had pulled on him during his course of 'babysitting' him. He took a deep breath and told himself not to be ridiculous it must have merely looked like Jonghyun as surely it couldn't be him. Could it?

"Key?" Turned out it could as the male turned directly towards him looking at him with those eyes and that smile... and a little girl hanging off his hand.

"It's Kibum now actually." He managed out meekly before he fainted. If he had seen himself do so he would had been ashamed not to mention mortified as Jonghyun must have thought him to be an idiot.

-

He opened his eyes to delicious cheek-bones, golden tanned skin and brown beautiful eyes - he was all the ready to faint again at the sight of Jonghyun but this time he took control of himself not to. Even if Jonghyun's face was lingering dangerously close to his own, he could even feel the other's breath against his own and his innards did weird things. Had Jonghyun always been that handsome or have the years did him dangerously well, he had grown into his looks and was now an adult rather than the boy he had last seen. 

"Don't tell me my face is that bad." Jonghyun joked with a slight smile upon his face.

"It's just... you." Kibum managed out weakly, he could not even begin to explain all the emotions

"Never thought you'll see me again?" Jonghyun prompted, Kibum nodded meekly and just didn't he feel pathetic? "Well I hope you don't see that every time you next see me or my brothers." Jonghyun stated with a teasing smirk. It was then when Kibum realised that the other was simply loving all of this, taking delight in all of his anguish at being in this postion. The sadist.

"Why are you even here?" Kibum had to ask - he wanted to make sure if he had not been seeing things or making assumptions considering that little girl, it could have been a friend's child or something. He just did not know. He did not know why he wanted the child not to be Jonghyun's either, perhaps it was because that meant that Jonghyun had a family and had moved on so fast in his life whilst Kibum had been left behind. Perhaps it was because of something else. 

Jonghyun paused for a second, his playful mood subsiding for a second. "It's because you are actually dead Kim Kibum, as your guardian angel I took on the form of someone you would feel comfortable with to help you pass on to the other side." He said mournfully as he looked down at the other in pity. Key did not have anything to say to that so he stared blankly at the other - well actually he had something to say about that.

"What the hell?" He practically yelled at the other, Jonghyun looked startled at that outburst before snickering lightly.

"It was a joke! Now come on - mind your language - there's children about." Jonghyun said not even looking sorry for panicking Kibum's poor confused little mind. "No, the real reason I'm here is because I was thinking of enrolling my daughter here."

His daughter... he was half tempted to yell again at that. Jonghyun having a daughter, he could hardly wrap his head around it - he wondered for a moment whether the other was having him on again but he could not deny it to himself when he saw the little girl beside Jonghyun staring at him with wide eyes. She looked a lot like the man beside her especially in the eyes and mouth, he would have noticed her earlier if he had not been so focused on Jonghyun. He should have noticed her from her quiet giggling.

"Daddy, he's silly." The girl whispered loudly to Jonghyun looking at Kibum with a little smile upon her lips. She even had his smile. Kibum definitely could not deny Jonghyun having a daughter then.

"Was thinking?" Kibum questioned, it was the only safe question he could think of asking and he had a lot of questions he felt that he could ask. Jonghyun sent him a warm smile that sent his knees to utter jelly.

"You were the deal breaker. I will send her here, if you could 'babysit' me well you can easily look after my daughter." Jonghyun was chuckling and Key felt a cold dread, he doubted he would be able to deal with seeing Jonghyun every day before and after school. That is if his daughter's mother wasn't there to do so. That was the thing that really made him at unease, he did not want the other male to be married or have a partner. That was when Key realised that in some sick kind of joke that he may like Jonghyun despite seven years and everything, there was still something there for the guy.

And that's how Key knew he was in some kind of hell or karma was punishing him in some way. 

And it was a punishment. Seeing Jonghyun everyday was a nightmare, he just looked so perfect... it was endearing watching how much the little girl seemed to adore him like mad. Which only made it worst as he found himself constantly on edge looking for the mother - probably Jonghyun's wife. Something he had missed out. It was just typical wasn't it? Jonghyun spent all that time chasing him but when Jonghyun was unavailable Kibum found himself chasing Jonghyun.