n i n e

Because To Me, It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been years since Sehun has last step foot into the Kim household. The last time was probably during high school so he knows he’s not the only one feeling out of place as he enters the gates with a few of the other brothers with Kris calmly leading the way.

“Jongin-ah!” Kris calls once the maids open the door for them. “Where are you?”

They all come piling in like the old days when they would visit each other to do useless rich kid things and it feels like they’re back in middle school again.

“Do you think he’s staying in the same bedroom?” Tao questions with a smirk, already heading up the marble staircase with Sehun following closely behind. “Yah, it’s been years but this place is still exactly the same.”

“Just like the people who still live in here,” Luhan scoffs, ignoring the concerning gazes of the maids around them and proceeds to skip up the stairs.

 

Jongin’s name echoes through the house as they disperse themselves with scheming little smiles. Their visit here has always been like a ticking time bomb, they never knew how long they could stay and cause trouble before getting chased out by someone. One time Minseok was literally carried out by a security guard which he thought was actually really fun and greatly enjoyed the free ride on a big guy’s shoulders to his car.

 

“What?!” Jongin snaps, poking his head out from a bedroom down the hall from his friends. “Seriously.”

“Oh, so you moved rooms!” Baekhyun points out during his skip to Jongin’s room but he stops in his tracks when Ariyoung pops her head out. Eyes wide, Baekhyun purses his lips. “Ew, what is she doing here?”

Ariyoung’s jaw falls to the ground in disbelief as Baekhyun pushes past her into the room. The other boys don’t care to acknowledge her existence either which makes her sigh in annoyance. She can still remember the days when they all got along and despite her efforts to make up for what she did, nobody is allowing her to forget her young mistake.

 

“Let’s go home, Jongin-ah,” Kyungsoo says to Jongin as he hops onto the fluffy bed.

Jongin turns to him with a raised brow and Ariyoung carefully slipping back into the room behind him. “I am home.”

“This is definetly is not home,” Chanyeol states as he joins Kyungsoo and Baekhyun on the bed.

“You don’t need anything,” Jongdae adds. “Drop her,” he points to Ariyoung who gasps. “And let’s go home!”

“Are you talking about the apartment I share with Soojung?” Jongin asks and everyone nods. “I don’t know how to live there anymore.”

“It’s simple,” Yixing yawns from somewhere behind a couch with only his legs thrown over the side. “You just do it. Don’t you want to see Leo?”

“Who’s Leo?” Ariyoung questions quietly from her spot along the wall.

“The puppy he raises with Jung,” Junmyeon answers dryly as he passes her to the center of the room.

 

“Why are you guys doing this, seriously?” Jongin sighs and everyone else sighs along.

“The doctor said returning to your usual environment is best and it’s the best way to trigger your memories,” Sehun grumbles. “You don’t live here anymore, Jongin. This isn’t your life, you left it a long time ago. Now stop being so stubborn and let’s go.”

“Why are you guys trying to make him do something he doesn’t want to do?” Ariyoung butts in and at once, she regrets it when she sees the look of hatred in Sehun’s eyes. He use to be the closest to her when she and Jongin were an item.

“You’re someone to talk,” Sehun mocks coldly. “You sure do have a lot of balls to show up after what you’ve done.”

“It’s all in the past,” Ariyoung argues. “I’m different now and it was a foolish mistake I made when I was young! Are you all going to hold it against me for the rest of my life? Huh, Sehun-ah?”

“Oh and right now trying to pretend like all that never happened and using his amnesia for your sake is something that’s completely acceptable,” Sehun refutes. “For your information, Soojung is my dear cousin that I’ve watched and protected since I could ever remember. Do you really think I’m just going to sit back and let you hurt her?! Do you know how much she’s going through right now while you continue on with all this bull?!”

Ariyoung scowls at him with tears lining her eyes in anger while Sehun refuses to back down. The tension in the room grows with Jongin clueless and the other guys on their tiptoes, ready to jump in at any given second.

“All I want is to fix the things that I’ve done,” Ariyoung mutters through gritted teeth.

Nostrils flared, Sehun turns to Jongin. “Are you coming or not? There is nothing here for you.”

Jongin furrows his brows and his eyes turn indecisive. Soojung has been on his mind since the moment he woke up and saw her and after finding out the truth, he’s been so conflicted with everything he’s being told. He wants to return to how everything was before the accident but is that the life he wants now?

 

Maybe he forgot for a reason.

 

“What exactly are you trying to fix?” Jongin asks Ariyoung instead of answering Sehun’s question. “Are you only here because you pity me?”

Ariyoung sighs. “No. It would be a lie if I say there are no feelings.”

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo sighs and steps up to him as he reads the situation. “Not now.”

Ignoring Kyungsoo, Jongin steps closer to Ariyoung. “Why did we break up? Tell me, I won’t get mad.”

Despite his dislike for Ariyoung, Sehun still finds himself subconsciously protecting her by putting himself between the two.

“I cheated on you,” Ariyoung confesses and this time it’s even harder than the first time. “I didn’t mean to, it was a spur of the moment.”

She can’t meet his eyes as he shatters into a million pieces all over again. He wonders if it hurt this much when he found out the first time. In his heart, all he had was her up until now.

“I’m sorry,” she whispers.

Jongin simply sighs before storming out of his own room and nobody moves for a second until they hear the front door being slammed. Kris moves first and like usual, everyone follows until Kyungsoo, Sehun and Ariyoung are the only ones left in the room. Kyungsoo breathes first out of the three and sighs before dashing out as well. Next is Sehun who despite his anger, comforts Ariyoung by placing a hand on her shoulder on his way out.

 

“Jongin-ah!” Kris shouts as he breaks out into a run after Jongin who is seen sprinting across the endless front yard. “Yah!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter