Chapter 2

Forbidden Love

 Yixing's parents

Btter known as J-Da                               BKA Kidoh

 Sehyuk

BKA P-Goon


 

When Kai woke up later that day he found out his parents were still sleeping, which was a relive he didn’t want them questioning about his night, he didn’t want to lie them but he couldn’t tell them he spent like an hour staring vampires.

So he took the chance to find Sehyuk, he was a friend who in difference of the other four he wouldn’t judge him for asking for some information.

After looking for him around the village he finally found him on the little pond near the forest.

“Kai what brings you here, I heard you are an adult now” The older said to Kai with a big smile on his face sitting on a big stone.

Sehyuk was a good looking man, a bit shorter than Kai with dark black hair, he wasn’t so much older than Kai but he was undeniable the mature friend everybody needs sometimes.

“I have been looking for you for hours” Kai protested exaggerating.

“I don’t know why, you know I’m always here at this time before starting my work” Sehyuk argued.

“You are right, I think I forgot it” Kai apologized.

“You have not answer my question yet, what brings you here this time?” Sehyuk asked again.

“Something needs to bring me here to see my best friend?” Kai answered, Sehyuk just looked at him and patted the stone inviting him to sit next to him, Kai sighed he need to be less obvious.

“Tell me what is it?” Sehyuk asked peacefully looking at Kai.

“It..it’s just that I saw something last night that confusses me and intrigues me at the same time” Kai explained looking at the ground.

“And what it that?” Sehyuk questioned without taking the eyes off Kai.

“V..vampires” Kai confessed at once and rising the look to Sehyuk which he regretted immediately.

Sehyuk looked at him firmly without saying anything for what seems like hours.

 “You didn’t crossed the line, don’t you?” He finally asked with the same look in his eyes.

“No no I didn’t hyung I’m not that stupid” Kai responded quickly which relived Sehyuk and returned to his usual stare and smile.

“Great, Then what confuse you so much?” Sehyuk asked calmly as before.

“Everything, can you tell me some of the stories about them, about how they are or how they live?” Kai asked.

“Well there are a lot of versions and of course a lot of lies in those stories, but what seems to be the most convincing is what everybody says, like they are very pale ‘monsters’ with huge fangs even bigger than ours who kill every living creature to feed from their blood, they can’t see the sun because that kills them, they cannot reproduce between their own specie so they have to reproduce with humans and then they kill them and take the newborn. Well that’s what seems to be what everybody says” Sehyuk narrated.

“What were you doing there by the way?” Sehyuk asked intrigues at Kai.

“Nothing I just got lost for a minute or two” Kai explained. “And what of those stories you think is true?”.

“I don’t know I have never seen one” Sehyuk honestly said, Kai felt disappointed he wanted to know more. “But I have an idea” Sehyuk continued after noticing Kai’s disappointment. “You know Hojoon right?”.

“The wizard?, sure he comes every Friday” Kai responded.

“Right, wizards are the only ones who have entered the three territories so he may know everything about humans, wolves and vampires, why don’t you ask him all your questions he may know a lot more than I do about vampires” Sehyuk explained him with a big smile.

“Sure that’s a great idea hyung after all he has like three thousand years he sure know about them” Kai said excitedly standing from his place.

“Thank you hyung see you later” Kai parted waving at his hyung.

 

It was full moon season the busiest moments of wolves, every day they sleep when the sun is up and when the moon comes out they transform into wolves to hunt the food of the month, to protect the territory, to teach the youngers how to protect themselves and even to find a mate.

Wolves can do that every night of the year but they preferred to wait until full moon when they are stronger.

Kai hasn’t solve any of his doubts and he couldn’t wait until Friday to ask Hojoon, he had the urge to go back to that place in the frontier and see if he could find something by himself.

He ran through the forest until he couldn’t see not hear any of his partners, the route was still fresh in his mind so he didn’t lose himself trying to find the exact place last time he sat on the ground a matter away from the line, he didn’t know what he was waiting to see but he remained there for some good three hours, until he finally could hear noises coming from the other side.

 

 

 

“Yixing, baby go bring me six eggs from the coop please” Yixing’s mother said interrupting Yixing while he was drawing.

“Mother I’m not a baby, I’m a full-blood now, and why don’t you tell Sangyun or Sangwon they are doing nothing on their room” Yixing protested.

“Exactly they are punished and I want them to die of boredom, so please go for those eggs as I told you, baby” His mother said smiling before leaving him alone, Yixing sighed and  did as she told him.

He never protested to any of his mother’s petitions but he really hated when someone interrupted his drawing time.

He was walking out of the coop with the six eggs in a basket when he found his father.

“Hi son what are you doing?” His father asked him and rested his arm around his shoulders.

“Hi father I’m just taking this eggs to mother, how was the fishing?” Yixing asked.

“Really tiring you know that we have not the same energy when the sun is out but otherwise we can’t fish in the night when the fishes sleep, maybe you can come with me next time instead of just babysit your brothers”. They were talking while they were walking back home. That idea sounded great to Yixing.

Later that night happened the same thing, Yixing was peacefully drawing on the yard when his mother called him.

“Yixing why don’t you pic some berries from the forest I want to do a cake tomorrow, you don’t have to die of boredom for your brothers”. She said sweetly, that Yixing couldn’t protest he just sight heavily, and regretted betraying his brothers.

He spent hours looking for some berries it was impossible find some in winter, his mother was totally crazy, Yixing thought.

He was getting tired of looking those stupid berries and the howls of all those wolves on the other side was making him nervous, then he remembered the frontier yesterday he saw some bushes full with berries .

“Ah of course Yixing you are so stupid” He said to himself and hastened to the place he found his brothers yesterday.

 

 

Kai hastened to hide behing the same bush as yesterday and there he was he immediately knew he was waiting to see him why? He doesn’t know yet, but he feels good to se him again. Today the vampire was carring a basquet.

Yixing kneealed near a bush with berries and started piking them while he was blamming his brothers because if it wasn’r for that pair he wouldn’t be in this situation.

Kai was just looking how the boy picked the berries from the bush until it was empty, Yixing stood up to take berries from other bush but then he realized it was at the other side of the line, Kai was frozen because Yixing was looking at the bush he was hidden in extending his hand but he stopped when he was about to cross the line.

Yixing stood there looking at the bush disapointed, he turned around to leave when the heard a noise when he looked back there were a cluster of berries on the ground on his side of the line then he understood he wasn’t alone.

“Hello? Is someone there?” Yixing asked but there wasn’t an answer.

“I know there’s someone there you can come out I wont hurt you” Yixing said again, still without an answer.

Kai didn’t know why the hell did he trew that cluster, he just couldn’t stand seen the other disapointed.

“If you are not ready to show today, I’ll come tomorrow okay? Thank you for the berries” Yixing said once again but this time someone else answered.

He was feeling tented to show out but someone else arrived next Yixing. Someone Kai hasn’t seen before. He was a tall boy with straight brown hair he was good looking at first sight but his eye didn’t lie he wasn’t legit. Kai was sure about that he was excelent reading others eyes.

“Yixing, here you are,  who are you talking with” The newcomer aproached Yixing and asked him.

“Jiho I was just talking with the moon I was asking her for more berries, do you think this are enough for a cake?, anyway why are you doing here ?” Yixing said looking at Jiho.

“Your mother asked me to find you, you have been lost for hours” He explained.

“I’m not lost, I know perfectly where I am” Yixing complained.

“okay no lost but, it’s not safe you are so far away from home, I worry about you”

“You worry about me?” Yixing asked confused.

“I mean your mother, your mother worries about you” Jiho fixed.

“Then you don’t worry about me?” Yixing asked jokingly.

“A little?” Jiho confessed makin Yixing laugh. Then Kai saw it on the right cheek of Yixing it was a huge dimple it was so cute but it has to be him, the one making him laugh, the owner of that dimple not that Jiho.

“Lets take you home your mother must be worried” Jiho said taking the basquet with berries of Yixing’s hands and putting his left arm around Yixing’s shoulders guiding him trhough the forest.

Kai was done, Yixing already had someone thath hurted Kai in ways he didn’t expected, he was about to leave, run out of all this and forget he ever saw him and his stupid dimple. But then he remembered what Yixing told him ‘I’ll come tomorrow’. At least Kai satill had one chance to know him better