Chapter 1

Forbidden Love

It was getting late it was almost  time of the sunset, it was the day Jongin had been waiting his whole life, finally tomorrow when the sunrise he was going to be an adult wolf.

“Hey Kai are you getting ready for tonight?” Sehun his best friend asked him.

“Sure I am but you should worry more about yourself, I don’t know if you are ready to be an adult yet” Kai responded.

“It’s not your work to tell if I’m ready or not, that’s the goddess job” Sehun said pointing at the sky.

“You look so chill to be you, are you hiding something?” Kai asked him

“I’m not hiding anything it’s just that I’m not worried about this, it’s nothing special, it’s not even necessary to really hunt something we just have to run through the forest the whole night” Sehun explained a bit bored for the plan.

“You know this is not just running, it’s time for you to find yourself as a human and as a wolf, to be one…”

“Yes yes I know to be one with myself and the forest” Sehun continued interrupting Kai, “Let’s go, the sun is almost down” the younger said and Kai followed him to the place where everybody else where waiting. Even though this was just a kind of game to Sehun, this was really important for Kai, because in the morning he wasn’t going to be a child or a cub anymore finally his word was going to be listened for the elders, the simple thought of that made him feel hipper and full of energy.

“We are reunited today as every year for the traditional hunting of the first full-moon of the year to celebrate this young wolves becoming into adults” Suho the leader of the village was explaining to the audience but Kai wasn’t listening, he knew the ritual perfectly he came every year to see how others wolves participate, dreaming in the day he become one of them and now he’s here the sun was almost fully down.

“The rules are simple, first,  it’s not necessary to hunt anything but if someone managed to hunt, it will give him a higher rank in the pack, second you have to be on the forest, you can’t comeback before the sunrise and third you have to stay in wolf form the whole night. Said so we are ready to start” The leader explained.

“All the participants please change to your wolf form now” It was done as it was said, with the hot wolf blood running through his body Kai was feeling even more exited now all he had to do was wait for the moon to come out, Kai looked around him and saw all his friends and family supporting him, when Kai looked at the sky there it was, the moon big and round, he started running and the others behind him there was just five of them making the ritual this year but it didn’t matter because it was an individual text, see if you are able to survive in the forest by yourself the whole night and bring food to your family, Kai was planning on bring a big reindeer home.

It was already past midnight and as they entered the forest they were increasingly separated to the point Kai couldn’t hear his partners anymore.

With every kilometer he ran he was feeling stronger and more alive, feeling the trees surrounding him, the little stones below his paws, the fresh air of the winter night made him increase the adrenaline inside of him, his senses sharpened and he could hear he was not alone, he stopped in his heels and could see behind a bush was a deer it wasn’t as big as he had planned but it was better than nothing.

Preparing himself to hunt it, the deer listened when a branch broke under Kai’s paws and started running, Kai ran behind it trying to catch it, he almost got it but then he saw it, he saw the mark and had to stop abruptly his track.

Now Kai knew how far he was from the village, he has never seen that line before in his life but he knew as the same of all his people what that line meant, that line in front of him formed with a bunch of stones painted in red marked the frontier of the territory of his specie and the vampires the territory where the deer entered one more step and he would have died.

Normally the rules of the hunting didn’t include this part because everybody knows it’s forbidden to cross this line, none of us can’t enter that territory and none of them can enter this, it was a deal both species had since ages ago.

The legends that his people tell said that the goddess of the moon send a wizard to create a line that divided both species to stop the war and let everybody live in peace.

Since the goddess of the moon rules both species she’s in charge to watch the frontier every day.

Kai has never seen a vampire but legends said that vampires are cold and heartless monsters with huge fangs that liked to kill not just animals but also humans and before the line was made they used to kill wolves to drink their blood, of course those were legends elders narrated when the children didn’t want to sleep.

A noise of voices and steps took Kai out of his thoughts, someone was approaching where he was so he quickly ran to hide behind a group of bushes, the noises were increasing they were approaching, Kai noticed they came from the other side of the line and he started feeling nervous even a bit afraid, when the fountains of the noises finally appeared from behind a tree those feeling were replaced by curiosity.

Kai was expecting to see some horrendous monster he wasn’t expecting the two creatures in front of him they were just two young boys, they look so normal just like his people does, one of them was a no so tall guy with curly long red hair and small eyes the other one was a bit shorter with short blond hair and a chubby face they wasn’t scary at all, at the opposite they were kind of harmless in Kai’s eyes.

“ugh it stinks here” They blond one complained wrinkling his nose.

“it always stinks in the frontier because of the beasts on the other side” The red head added.

Kai couldn’t believe what he was hearing they said we are stinky beasts, they don’t smell good either anyway.

“I know but today it’s stronger” The shorter said.

“Maybe some of those things were around here” The taller explained.

 “Do you think so? Ughh I got goose bumps, it would be amazing see one for the first time, hyung do you think they are like our mother and others describe them?” The shorter asked exaltedly looking at the other side of the line.

“I don’t know I haven’t seen one, but don’t believe everything they said, remember those stories are so old, I really don’t think they are as big and brainless as they say” The older explained while taking a sit on the ground near the tree behind him.

“I don’t believe that too, but I feel curious about how they are, hopefully they are friendly, now give me the candies” The younger said sitting beside his brother.

“Of course they will want to be your friend but just to eat you latter, just look at this cheeks “The red headed said inching the other’s cheeks playfully.

“Yah hyung stop that and give me the candies I was the one who took them from the stash” The blond whined trying to take the bag of candies the other was holding. The taller avoided it but the younger kept trying, now they were playfully fighting to have the bag of candies wallowing on the ground laughing and yelling at the other.

Watching all the scene Kai couldn’t avoid but to feel really confused, he learned some things after watching the pair of vampires in front of him; first both were brothers which was so confusing because as far as he know vampires can’t reproduce between them, second the red haired one was older than the blond one, third they also have fake legends about wolves and fourth they are not the monster he and his people thought, well at least this two were completely harmless they were just kids playing and talking with each other as he did with his friends.

But no matter how impressed Kai was honestly he was waiting for one of them  to cross the line so he could haunt him and take him home, it would have gave him a lot of rank.

“Okay okay you win here you have, but give me some” The older of the two said handing the other the bag.

They were eating and laughing when Kai heard someone else was approaching them with the same smell as the other two.

When the newcomer finally appeared Kai lost his senses for a couple seconds when he saw the guy, he even forgot to breath, he felt the heart of the wolf and the human racing together for the first time in his life, he couldn’t understand what make him feel like that, he closed his eyes trying to calm down and when he opened them again he saw the guy again and could understand it, the newcomer wasn’t like anybody he has seen before, with milky skin, a little curly brown hair, plump cherry lips, peaceful face and eyes and a long slender neck, he was beautiful at Kai’s eyes he could feel his blood burning.

“Yah Sanggyun-ah, Sangwon-ah I knew you were here” The newcomer yelled at the tow behind him when he saw them, which took Kai out of his incoherent thought and could pay attention at what the newcomer was saying.

“Mother sent me to look for you, she noticed you took the candies from the stash, and she’s very angry with both of you, you know perfectly you can only eat one candy per day, I’m going to tell father about this” The new guy was scolding while the other two were standing up.

“Yixing hyung don’t be like that” The shorter said a bit ashamed.

“Neh hyung please, you used to be funny before, you are the one who showed us this place” The red haired know known as Sanggyun retorted.

Kai could heard the newcomer’s name was Yixing and he was about the same height as Sanggyun.

“I know and I don’t regret it this is a beautiful place, but now I have responsibilities as a full-blood and one of those responsibilities are you both, so give me the candies and I won’t tell father about this” Yixing explained them, the two younger vampires were pouting and with the head down but they just did as it was told.

“Don’t make that face you will understand when you become a full-blood, let’s go home before mother gets even more furious. Yixing finally said and the other two obeyed.

Yixing was starting to follow his brothers when he heard something behind him, so he quickly turned back where he thought he heard the noise but there was nothing so he continued with his way.

Kai froze the moment the vampire looked right where he was hiding, at least for a few seconds he could stare at Yixing’s eyes, and he could see nothing but kindness in them. When the trio finally left Kai could come back to reality, then he remembered why he was there “the hunting” he looked at the sky and he noticed it was just a few hours before the sunrise and he hasn’t hunt anything yet.

Kai resumed his task trying to focus on it the best he could, he was running on the opposite way the rest of the night and when the sun started to come out it was time to go back home.

Kai couldn’t hunt the reindeer he had planned at the beginning, but at least he brought home a healthy fox, he could have done better is his head wasn’t rambling because of those vampires.

“Hey guys Kai returned” Chanyeol one of his friends screamed so the others quickly joined him.

 “Woa Kai you managed to hunt that’s awesome” Baekhyung congratulated him while he returned to his human form putting the fox on the ground.

“I thought you said you were going to hunt a reindeer” Kyungsoo the shorter of the three retorted with some sass.

“Well it was harder than I expected” Kai said as an excuse “Is Sehun back?”

“Jus right now” Chanyeol answered pointing behind Kai where Sehun was approaching.

“I’m not surprised you came empty-handed” Kyunsoo said.

“Did you even tried?” Baekhyun asked him while Sahun changed into a human.

“Of course not” He answered emotionless.

“Then what did you do the whole night” Baekhyung asked again.

“Just walk around, now excuse me I need to sleep” Sehun excused himself yawing.

“What are we going to do with this kid?” Chanyeol said shaking his head in disapproval.

“He’s an adult now remember” Kyungsoo added.

“Kai tell us how you caught the fox” Baekhyun asked Kai but he wasn’t paying attention, he wasn’t even looking at them, he was looking a stone on the ground with lost look.

“KAI!! “Baekhyun yelled at him waking him up from his daydream.

“Uh? A neh you are right I have to sleep see you later guys” Kai said confusing his friends, he was starting to walk away when he heard his name again.

“Kai!” the three called.

“What?” Kai turned back to see what they wanted.

“You forget the fox” Chanyeol said pointing at the ground where the fox was lying.

“O neh you are right” Kai said smiling a bit ashamed “See you guys” he said goodbye while picking the dead fox from the ground.

He was relieved when he arrived home, his house was a little cottage but it was enough for his parents and him.

Inside of it was his mother who received him with a big hug and kiss despite the dead animal in his hands.

“My son is now an adult, don’t listen what people say you will always be my cub” His mother said holding his face.

“Don’t say such things honey he’s an adult now he even brought home the dinner” His father said appearing in the scene.

“Dinner? Kim Taeyang are you expecting me to cook fox? I have never cooked fox before?” The mother complained.

“There’s always a first time Kim Bomi” Taeyang said jokingly taking the fox from Kai’s hands and putting it on his wife’s ones to which she sulked.

“Congratulations son, I’m proud of you now that you are an adult it’s time for you to find your mate” His father told him.

“Don’t push my cub he has an entire life to find it, let him rest” Bomi scolded Taeyang from the kitchen when she was scarifying the animal.

“Don’t tell me how to raise him he’s my cub too, I mean my mature son, but she’s a bit right you need to rest after you take a shower, son you smell terrible” His father told him before letting him go.

Kai was sure of something, it doesn’t matter how much hauntings he make he will always be a cub at his father’s eyes.

He didn’t noticed he stank until his father told him, when he smelled his clothes he recognized that smell. This is the smell the vampires had.

After showering he tried the best he could to sleep but he couldn’t, when he was awake he couldn’t stop thinking about that guy, the elder of the three.

“Yixing” Kai whispered the named it was the first time he say it and it was so sweet how it sounded, like if he was born to say that name.

He had so much questions on his mind that wanted to answer, after pronouncing “Yixing” one more time he managed to fall asleep.

It seemed like the questions will have to wait a bit more.


 Kai's parents

Better known as Jenissi

a/n: Hello everyone this is the first chapter of what seems to be a chaptered fic instead of a one-shot as it was planed. Anyway please enjoy and comment if you like it and if not please let me learn from my mistakes.

/I know the parents are so young but, hey they ara magical creatures so don't close your imagination/ ^.^

(The pictures added in this fic are not mine)