You Got, Got, Got It Bad

Kryptonite

Kryptonite

(n.) the one weakness of an otherwise invulnerable hero(ine)


► No No No by Ailee

 

Bomi continued avoiding Jongdae for the rest of the week and the following week, too, and Eunji actually amazed that she’s successful in doing so. She almost bumped to Jongdae a couple of times but she quickly turned around before he could see her. Once he did see her, though, and the look on Jongdae’s face when she ran away was something Bomi would like to forget.

 

She kept on finding weird places to have lunch, in the book club’s room, in the hall in front of the science lab, and she even managed to sneak into the student council’s room during break to eat her lunch there. Eunji stayed with her if she ate in the class, otherwise she’s free to be with Baekhyun. From what Eunji told her, Chanyeol was actually asking for her. Jongdae didn’t. And Kyungsoo asked for her number.

 

One day Kyungsoo texted her and after they exchanged a couple of text messages, somehow Kyungsoo ended up accompanying her during lunch times.

 

Being with Kyungsoo, the talk was always random. One time they talked about elephant and the next was about North Korea. The other time they were discussing Hunger Games when suddenly Kyungsoo told her he thought Running Man’s Monday Couple were real. Bomi still couldn’t figure out how Kyungsoo’s mind worked but she kind of like it, cause that meant she could also went all random about her undying love for ChalkZone.

 

Sometimes they talked non-stop, by now Bomi already accustomed to Kyungsoo’s bluntness and Kyungsoo didn’t care about her rather rude remarks. The other times they didn’t even say a single word, just eating their own food quietly; Kyungsoo played some songs from his phone loudly to fill the silence between them. Bomi was also okay with this.

 

The thing that wasn’t okay was, she could never win over Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had this ability to make her speechless and she didn’t particularly like it. 

 

“Have you ever kissed your friend?” Bomi asked, staring outside the window where the sky was gloomy and the wind was chilly. She sat on the floor, leaning back to the wall behind her with legs stretched out, her lunch box in her lap. Today they were trying out to eat in the music room.   

 

“Why? You want to volunteer to be the first?” Kyungsoo shot back with a smirk on his face.

 

Bomi looked at Kyungsoo blankly and Kyungsoo shrugged. “I have never kiss Jongdae, if that’s what you want to know.”

 

No, that’s not what Bomi meant, but she was kind of glad Kyungsoo never did. “Well, you don’t know what you’re missing out, then,” she said sarcastically.

 

“Oh, he’s that good? I’ll make sure to try the next time I meet him.”

 

Bomi closed her eyes and bang her head back to the wall repeatedly. Why why why, she thought, Kyungsoo chuckled beside her. She needed to remind herself that strangling was another thing you shouldn’t do to your friend besides kissing.

 

She opened her eyes when she felt a soft fabric touched her legs, and it was Kyungsoo, taking off his blazer to cover her legs. “Oh, thanks,” she said.

 

“Just talk to him and explain it, I’m sure he’ll understand,” Kyungsoo said, eating his lunch carefully so he wouldn’t drop any rice to his uniform.

 

“Have you ever heard of embarrassing,” Bomi deadpanned.

 

“So what, you’re planning to avoid him until we graduate?”

 

“That’s actually the plan.”

 

“Chanyeol starts to wonder.”

 

“Aaand that’s the hole in the plan, thank you very much.”    

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “Talk to him, I tell you.”

 

Bomi mumbled embarrassing some more.

 

“Stop acts like a , it’s just kissing.”

 

At this, Kyungsoo got a punch on his arm.

 

“I have three theories here,” Kyungsoo raised three fingers to Bomi, wiping his mouth with a napkin. “First, you are embarrassed because you actually like kissing Jongdae and you want to do more than that but morality and friends and stuff. Second, you are embarrassed because you don’t want Chanyeol to know about you made out with his friend. Third… You enjoy my company and just want to spend time alone with me.”

 

Bomi stared at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo stared back at Bomi.

 

Bomi blinked but Kyungsoo remained indifferent.

 

And then the bell rang.

 

***

 

Winter break and tonight was Chanyeol’s family’s turn to eat dinner at Bomi’s place. After dinner the parents were talking in the living room while drinking wine, and the two kids were forced to spend time together in Bomi’s room, like always.

 

Bomi lay in her bed, reading a book, while Chanyeol sat on the floor, playing with his phone.

 

“Yah, Angry Bird,” Chanyeol called out with one of his nick names for her.

 

“What, Elf?”

 

Chanyeol put down his phone and leaned back to Bomí’s bed. “Are you mad at me? I barely see you after my birthday party. I think this is the first time we talk again after the party.”

 

“… hmm is that so…”

 

“Yoon Bomi, I’m serious!” Chanyeol kneeled and he snatched Bomi’s book away. “Did I do something?” he asked and Bomi could see that the boy was really concerned.

 

Bomi tried to remember the last time they fought for real. Chanyeol borrowed one of her snapback and he lost it, resulting in Bomi giving him silent treatment until Chanyeol bought her another one. Chanyeol didn’t understand that Bomi was upset because it was Chanyeol’s gift for her 14th birthday.

 

She sighed, feeling a little bit guilty because it’s not her intention to avoid Chanyeol too. “Nothing, I guess we just missed each other at school,” Bomi snatched back her book. “We’re here now, aren’t we?”

 

Chanyeol thought about it for a while. “Huh, I guess you’re right. You won’t talk to me right now if you’re angry,” Chanyeol returned to his original position with his phone. “That’s a bad habit, you know, people won’t understand if you just keep quiet, you should talk to them.”

 

Bomi knew Chanyeol just talked about her habit in general but she couldn’t help but to feel he was talking about her avoiding Jongdae. “Shut up, Smartass,” she pushed Chanyeol’s head lightly with her knee.

 

“YAH!” Chanyeol shouted without looking up from his game. They went back with their own activities before Chanyeol started to talk again, “You know Ahyoung, right?”

 

“… Kim Ahyoung?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Why?”

 

“… What do you think about her?” 

 

Bomi creased her eyebrows and she propped herself with her elbows, staring at Chanyeol’s back head. He didn’t turn around but Bomi knew he’s tense, waiting for her answer. “I don’t really know her,” Bomi admitted, “But she’s nice. She’s funny. And cute,” Bomi lay back to her pillow, the image of Chanyeol dancing with Ahyoung a few weeks back was on her mind. “… And she has nice s.”

 

“I know, right?” Chanyeol yelled excitedly, turning to Bomi and earning a smack on his head. “Auch! You’re the one who say it first,” he pouted, rubbing the spot where Bomi smacked him.

 

“Back to the topic, what about Ahyoung?”

 

“Well... I’m kind of interested in her? I just want your opinion.”

 

Bomi stared at her room’s ceiling, there were glow in the dark stickers in the shape of stars and planets there, courtesy of Chanyeol when they were 12 or something. The same thing was on Chanyeol’s room. She looked down to Chanyeol and Chanyeol was still staring at her nervously.

 

Bomi raised her thumb. “She’s cool.”

 

***

 

The thing about Bomi’s parents was they were very much in love with each other and they kept on having sudden trips for mini honeymoon, leaving their only daughter behind. And even though Bomi was old enough to be home alone, they still left their daughter at Park’s residence.

 

She’s no longer treated as a guest in Park’s house, Mr. Park only looked up from his newspaper to give him a nod and Mrs. Park even told her to help her in the kitchen. Bomi walked up to the guest room and suddenly she remembered about Eunji and Baekhyun and she frowned. There’s no way she would sleep in that room.

 

Bomi dragged her feet to Chanyeol’s room, intending to kick the boy’s for allowing things like that to happened in the first place, and like usual she just barged in without knocking.

 

What’s unusual was instead of one head yelling at her to knock first, four heads were turning to her and four pairs of eyes were staring at her. Bomi froze in the doorframe when she realized Chanyeol’s group was coming over to play and there’s Jongdae on the floor, controller on his hand with Chanyeol as his opponent, and he’s staring at her. He’s the only who looked surprised, seeing Bomi at Chanyeol’s house.

 

Kyungsoo looked at her then to Jongdae and he even smirked, that prick. Bomi resisted the urge to strangle him again.

 

“Bomi!” Baekhyun on the bed greeted her. “What are you doing here? Oh, are you staying over?”

 

Jongdae pretty much snapped his neck when he turned to Baekhyun.

 

“Yeol! Can I call Eunji and have her sleep here too? We can have a slumber party!” someone’s obviously excited and oblivious of Jongdae’s glare at him.      

 

Chanyeol paused his game and looked at Bomi, “You’re staying?” Bomi nodded. “Sure, call Eunji,” he turned to Baekhyun and the boy grinned widely before pulling out his phone to call his girlfriend.

 

“Yah, Park Chanyeol, I need to talk to you,” Bomi said from the door.

 

“Talk then,” Chanyeol replied, uninterested, continue playing with Jongdae.

 

“Stop playing, hurry!”

 

“Can’t you see I’m busy here?! Just say what you want to say!”

 

“I don’t want to sleep in the guest room, change with me!”

 

“What, why?” Chanyeol didn’t even look away from his TV.

 

“Because…!” Bomi glanced at Baekhyun, who’s still busy with his phone, at Kyungsoo, who looked back at her, and at Jongdae, whose eyes fixed on the screen. “… Because Eunji and Baekhyun had there!”

 

Kyungsoo snorted and Baekhyun choked on his saliva, while Jongdae bit his lips trying not to smile. Chanyeol, on the other hand, glared at her, hissing, “Keep down your voice! So what if they had there?!”

 

“It’s gross…!” Bomi started to whine.

 

“Hey, we changed the sheets,” Baekhyun looked offended. He shut up when Bomi glared at him.

 

“Whatever, you’ll sleep in the guest room, me and Eunji will sleep here tonight!”

 

Chanyeol snickered. “You don’t know the things that I did on my bed…”

 

The boys ended up laughing their off while Bomi stormed away from Chanyeol's room, cursing and muttering under her breath.

 

***

 

Eunji arrived and they ordered pizza before watching The Thieves at Chanyeol’s room. It’s the first time all of them stayed over at Chanyeol’s place together because Eunji just dated Baekhyun around 6 months or so. Sometimes Bomi and Baekhyun slept over at the same time accidently, but she was never meet Kyungsoo or Jongdae during her stay before.

 

Baekhyun rested his head on Eunji’s lap, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo sat next to each other and half-way through the movie Chanyeol started to lean on Kyungsoo, and that’s leaving Bomi and Jongdae with a gap between the two, as if they’re two different nations with a border line in between that they shouldn’t cross. Bomi caught Kyungsoo’s glance at her, and he cocked an eyebrow meaningfully.

 

When she was busy shooting laser with her eyes to an amused Kyungsoo, Jongdae turned his head to her and her eyes widened before she looked away, right on time to saw Zampano grabbed Yenicall’s head and kissed her senseless.

 

Bomi excused herself to the bathroom after that.

 

After the movie they just talked mindlessly before Bomi pretended to yawn and said she’s going to sleep first, taking Eunji along with her. Baekhyun pouted but he let his girlfriend go after several good night kisses.

 

 Eunji succeed in persuading Bomi to sleep in the guest room, with a lot of promises of ice cream and chocolate and even SAW 6 when Eunji hated that kind of movies the most. She would drag Baekhyun with her, of course, because Baekhyun hated it as much as her and there’s no way Eunji would suffer alone.

 

“Do you want to reminiscing your moment there—Aaww!” Eunji yelped when Bomi pinched her arm. They just walked past the bathroom where Bomi and Jongdae made out and Eunji had to make that comment. “Seriously, it’s not that hard to talk to him! ‘I’m sorry for the other night, but bathroom is not the most romantic place to do it, may I suggest bedroom’—AAWW! Stop pinching me!”

 

“Then stop talking nonsense,” Bomi bit back. “Better yet, stop talking.”

 

“Meanie,” Eunji pouted. “I’m telling Baekhyun.”

 

“Yes, yes, go tell your boyfriend. You just want to show off that you have one and I don’t.”

 

“It’s not my fault you don’t have one,” Eunji stuck out her tongue. “If only you talk to—”

 

Suddenly there’s a hand grabbing Bomi’s arm, and Bomi barely saw Jongdae’s face when she turned her head. “I need to talk to you,” was all she heard before she was dragged away from Eunji, who only raised her thumbs with a mouthed, “Fighting!” and a mischievous smile.  

 

Jongdae ushered her into the small storage room where the Park kept their brooms and stuff, and it’s dark and Bomi looked around frantically for a way out. There wasn’t any, of course, the only way in and out was the door behind Jongdae.

 

“Yoon Bomi,” Jongdae called her but Bomi was still moving around, refusing to look at him. “… Yoon Bomi…,” he called again. He sighed and raked his hair. When Bomi wouldn’t stop fidgeting, he sighed and forced Bomi to face him, “Would you please stop moving and look at me?”

 

Bomi shut her eyes when Jongdae turned her around.

 

She waited for Jongdae to do or say something, anything, but she heard nothing and now she’s carefully opened her right eye before fully looked at Jongdae with both her eyes. Yep, whether the room’s bright or dark, whether she’s drunk or sober, Kim Jongdae was still as gorgeous as that night.

 

Bomi cleared , effectively making Jongdae release his hold on her shoulders and Bomi stood straighter.

 

“I’m sorry, I really am, please talk to me,” Jongdae said, sounding desperate. “About that night…,” Bomi flinched, Jongdae tried to pay no attention to it, “I’m really sorry. I was a fool. I thought…,” he sighed. “Never mind,” Jongdae rubbed his temple. “I understand that it was a mistake, but please stop avoiding me. I feel so bad for Chanyeol, he doesn’t know anything. If you don’t want to see me, I won’t eat with Chanyeol during lunch.”

 

Bomi looked down into her nails, then into her feet. She didn’t even remember putting on her Lee Donghae character socks.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jongdae whispered again, and Bomi was about to look up, to tell him that she was the one who’s sorry, but before she could do so, the door behind Jongdae opened.

 

“… What are you doing?” Chanyeol asked in a rather cold tone, eyebrows furrowed. “What are you doing to her?” he turned to Jongdae, scowling.

 

Jongdae his lips, fully aware that it didn’t look too good, him with Bomi in a dark storage room. “I’m not—This isn’t what you think it is, Chanyeol. We’re just... talking.”

 

“Then why are you talking in this place, and why she’s looking like she’s about to cry?!” Chanyeol yelled back, and Jongdae turned his head to Bomi, shocked. He didn’t see it before, but now after Chanyeol pointed it out, he never saw Bomi looked like this before – red face and biting her lips with dejected shoulders.

 

Before Jongdae could say anything, however, Chanyeol already pulled Bomi out from the storage room.

 

Bomi had a mind that she was being dragged around a little bit too much tonight.

 

They walked pass Eunji and Baekhyun, who stared at them confusedly, and Chanyeol took her upstairs into his room. Kyungsoo who was reading on Chanyeol’s bed stood up and walked out voluntarily.

 

“What happened?” Chanyeol asked as soon as Kyungsoo was out. He locked the door after them. “Did he do something to you? Did he force you to do anything?” Chanyeol put his hands on Bomi’s shoulders and he checked on her face, trying to read her expression. 

 

“I made out with Jongdae,” Bomi blurted out.

 

That wasn’t the answer Chanyeol expected and he was clearly taken aback with the sudden revelation. He stared at Bomi, wide eyes, “… You made—? … O… kay…,” then realization hit him, “Oh ! So I was interrupting you?!”

 

“Not earlier,” she tried to explain before she lost the ability to talk. “At your party. I was quite drunk and I think he was too. It just happened,” Bomi looked down and Lee Donghae smiled cheerfully at her. Usually Bomi would smile back, but now she couldn’t find the muscle to pull a smile. “… I avoided him, and he was… He said sorry, he said it was a mistake.”

 

Chanyeol didn’t say anything for a while. When he did, he asked in a quiet voice, “Are you alright?”

 

Bomi looked up at Chanyeol and why Chanyeol was so damn tall?

 

“Alright…?” she wasn’t really sure about Chanyeol’s question.

 

“Well…,” Chanyeol averted his gaze from Bomi, hesitant.

 

“What?” Bomi frowned.

 

“It’s just that…”

 

“What?” she grew impatient.

 

“But don’t hit me if I tell you!”

 

“I won’t hit you! Just tell me!”

 

“I asked you if you’re alright, because…,” Chanyeol looked at Bomi right in the eyes, “… you like Jongdae, don’t you?”

 

There’s a three seconds pause before Bomi coughed hard, choking on her own saliva. “W-W-What? W-Who likes—What are you talking about?!”

 

Chanyeol snorted. “You have to give me more credits than that, you know. Like it or not, I know you for my whole life, Yoon Bomi.”

 

Bomi was about to deny it, that’s ridiculous, who likes who, Yoon Bomi didn’t do feelings.

 

But then everything flashed back in her mind.

 

The first time she saw Jongdae around Chanyeol, she acknowledged it that he was good-looking with his high cheekbones and firm jawline. But it wasn’t until she heard him sung during music club’s recital last summer that her breath hitched and suddenly… Suddenly Jongdae’s smile was too bright, suddenly Jongdae’s voice gave her heart attacks, suddenly Jongdae’s laugh was like a tingling bell and everything made her want to cry. She dreamed of Jongdae’s voice, talking to her, or perhaps, Jongdae’s lips on her own, but they’re not in a relationship and Jongdae was only drunk and in lust and then he said it was a mistake.

 

Bomi started to feel her eyes stung.

 

“Oh ,” Chanyeol whispered, horrified when he saw Bomi’s teary eyes. “ , please don’t cry, please don’t cry, DON’T YOU DARE CRYING YOON BOMI!”

 

But Chanyeol’s chant just made Bomi burst into tears.

 

“I-I-I don’t like him!” Bomi shouted, half-sobbing.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened when he saw the tears streamed down on her cheeks, and he hugged her in panic, rubbing Bomi’s back awkwardly.  “You don’t like him! I was wrong!” he quickly said, hoping it would make Bomi stopped crying.

 

Bomi cried harder and Chanyeol gave up trying, he just hugged her until she finally stopped sobbing.

 

They sat next to each other on Chanyeol’s bed and Chanyeol offered her tissues.

 

“I don’t want to fall in love,” Bomi said after she calmed down. “… It’s messy. I don’t want to be like that. Eunji looks so happy when she’s with Baekhyun, but they fight too, and I never see Eunji cried like that before… I don’t want to fall in love,” she repeated. “But then… Kim ing Jongdae happened,” she said bitterly.

 

“Do you know kryptonite?” Chanyeol suddenly asked. “It’s Superman’s weakness.”

 

“I know. I watch the movie.” Bomi looked at Chanyeol confusedly, they were just talking about, for once, her feelings, and Chanyeol thought it was the perfect time to bring up something from a fiction?

 

“I think Jongdae is your kryptonite, you know.”

 

Bomi sniffed, thinking about Chanyeol’s words. Finally she nodded, “… Yes, because he makes me weak, and I have to avoid him at all cost. I agree.”

 

“No, you dummy,” Chanyeol pushed Bomi’s head with his index finger. Bomi sent hostile look towards him. What a good way to cheer up a girl. “There’s this song, Kryptonite, by Guy Sebastian. Basically he’s helpless and he can’t help but to fall in love with this girl, because she’s his kryptonite. I think Jongdae is your kryptonite, because…” Chanyeol looked at Bomi and he slung an arm around her shoulder, “Look at you now. I never see you like this. You rarely cry. It must be because you really like him, right? That’s why it hurts. You can’t deny this one, no matter how hard you try. I don’t think it’s something you can undo.”

 

“… I don’t want to look like Eunji and Baekhyun,” Bomi replied quietly.

 

“Ugh, please don’t,” Chanyeol agreed. “You don’t have to look like them. Not every couples act like them. Or your parents. For example, look at my parents.”

 

Bomi blinked. Chanyeol’s parents argued a lot, in front of Chanyeol and Bomi too. But Chanyeol was never bothered by it because it’s obvious Chanyeol’s father did it on purpose to tease his mother. He winked to Chanyeol when his mother turned her back, nagging about Chanyeol’s father’s bad habits.

 

“… I guess you’re right…,” Bomi sniffed.

 

“Of course I’m right,” Chanyeol said proudly. “Now, all you have to do is talk to Jongdae—”

 

At this suggestion, Bomi jumped in her seat. “Huh?! Why?!”

 

“What do you mean, why? To clear up the misunderstanding, of course, and you can drive away to the sunset, happily ever after!”

 

Bomi clung to Chanyeol’s shirt when the tall boy walked to his room’s door, “But he doesn’t like me!” Bomi hissed. “Please, please, Park Chanyeol I beg you, don’t do this, please…! I’ll buy you a year’s worth of Lays, pleaseeee.” 

 

Chanyeol only snorted. He ignored Bomi’s plead and opened the door.

 

Jongdae was standing outside with mixed expressions on his face while Eunji, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo shamelessly stood straighter, obviously had been trying to overhear their conversation.

 

“Sorry about earlier, dude,” Chanyeol patted Jongdae’s shoulder. “Now talk to her. If you’re looking for , I have some in the second drawer.”

 

“Park Chanyeol!” Bomi yelled.

 

“Now let’s leave them alone,” Chanyeol tugged the other trio with him to the guest room, deaf to Kyungsoo’s protest or Bomi’s wail.

 

Jongdae stood awkwardly outside Chanyeol’s room, and Bomi looked at anywhere but him.

 

“So…,” Jongdae stepped in, closing the door behind him, and once again Bomi felt the instinct to run away. “What was that about?”

 

“Did you hear anything?”

 

“No?”

 

“Oh. Okay then. That was… nothing. Nothing at all. Well, it’s nice talking to you, Jongdae,” Bomi started to walk to the door, “I will just—”

 

Jongdae stopped her, blocking her way with his arm and Bomi whined inside. “Do you like Chanyeol?” he asked out of the blue.

 

“What? No! Eeew, no! No, I don’t like Chanyeol! What makes you think I like him?”

 

“Oh,” Jongdae put down his arm. “I thought… I thought you like him, that’s why you don’t want to… you know, with me…”

 

Bomi felt her face heated up. “I don’t like Chanyeol, okay? That night, I was… I just realized that I don’t want to do it because we’re not in a relationship. I’m sorry I gave you mixed signal.”

 

“No, it’s okay, I understand.” Jongdae nodded slowly. “It’s my fault, it’s a mistake after all…”

 

Bomi’s ears perked up as soon as she heard that word again. “Stop saying it’s a mistake! Do you hate it that much?!” Bomi was yelling before she could help it.

 

“What?” Jongdae was dumbfounded.

 

“You keep on saying it’s a mistake! Well I don’t think it’s a mistake! I enjoyed it and I like it, no, I like you! I wanted us to continue but you don’t even like me, you’re just drunk! Well I’d rather have nothing at all rather than being another one night stand for you!”

 

“… What did you say?”

 

Bomi stiffened when she realized she just blurted out all of her feelings; so much for someone who didn’t do that. She glanced at the door, only three steps away. “… Oh, look at the time, I think I should go now,” Bomi attempted to run away but Jongdae grabbed her arm.

 

“Bomi, look at me. You… you like me?” Jongdae asked, creasing his thick eyebrows.

 

Bomi thought, what the hell, if this went bad, she could kill Chanyeol later.

 

“Yes! Yes, I like you, I like you so much it doesn’t make sense. I like you, Kim Jongdae, now go ahead and laugh at me!”

 

“What… Why would I want to laugh at you?” Jongdae was even more confused. “Are you just joking? Are you going to laugh at me if I tell you I like you too?”

 

Bomi blinked her eyes a couple times. She was sure she heard it wrong. “I’m sorry, come again?”

 

Jongdae sighed and crouched down, suddenly feeling exhausted from all the upside-downs, starting way before they made out at Chanyeol’s party, the following hell weeks, and now this.  

 

“Do you like me for real? Are you sure you don’t like Chanyeol?” he looked up at Bomi. Bomi threw him a disgusted look as the answer. “… Because I thought…,” Jongdae sighed again, “I think you’re cute, since the first time I saw you, but you’re always with him—”

 

“When did I! I do not!” Bomi protested.

 

“Everyone thinks you two are an item, it’s not just me,” Jongdae shrugged. “And then I saw you together every day, I thought you two like each other but just too dumb to realize, like some cliché in the movies.”

 

Bomi pouted, mumbling, “I’m not that dumb…”

 

Jongdae looked at Bomi and she looked back. She felt her cheeks heated up, Jongdae’s stare was too intense. He reached out for Bomi’s hand slowly, holding Bomi’s hand gently with his own. “… You’re not kidding, right?”

 

Bomi muttered some incoherent words, again avoiding his gaze, but Jongdae picked up some ‘No’ between them.

 

“I don’t do that… One night stands,” Jongdae said when Bomi finally looked back at him. “I always attracted to you, but like I said, I thought you like Chanyeol. And that night… I swear I’m not doing it on purpose, it’s just, you looked so beautiful, and I really want to kiss you, and I know I should ask you like normal people, but—”

 

“It’s okay,” Bomi said quietly, cutting Jongdae off when the boy started to rambling. “… I want to kiss you too…”

 

They were both quiet for a while until Jongdae intertwined their fingers together, taking Bomi’s attention back to him. He gave her that cat-like smile and this time Bomi blushed for real.  

 

Jongdae glanced to the side and Bomi followed his gaze to Chanyeol’s bed.

 

“… Chanyeol said the second drawer…?”

 

“… YAH KIM JONGDAE!”

 


 

  • I hope you enjoy it as much I enjoy writing it! Don’t be too upset if it’s not your otp, okay?
  • This story happened because of _noonim, saying that Jongdae always get the trolling best friend role, not the main lead. I know Jongdae’s still not the main lead here, but… at least he’s the love-interest? ;___;