double cheats

rat a tat

PLEASE TELL ME IF I HAVE TYPOS!!     -for those people that never read author's notes 


 

ii / iii

 

 

I am very good-looking, Chanyeol thinks, admiring himself in the bathroom mirror. At least I’m not like Sehun. Ha.

     No, Sehun is attractive. It’s just that Chanyeol has the round and shapely features, while his younger friend is all narrow and sharp curves along his waist. Also, Sehun is pale and unblemished. But Chanyeol. No.

     Long, stretched black marks cover his hips and arms. There’s also one on his chest. The spiraling dark ink gives him an aura, a special aura. He loves it. Several earrings adorn his cartilage, and a silver bulb rests on his tongue. He has heavy lids. But he personalizes all his clothes, and makes sure they’re comfortable instead of rough, tight leather. He tries.

     But he has nice technique, he thinks. No wonder Jongin is copying him, the little . Chanyeol hmmphs at the thought of it and turns to stomp out of the bathroom.

     Jongin looks at him skeptically when he approaches their table. “What are you, a teenage girl? I know I certainly don’t take fifteen minutes in the bathroom.”

     “Shut up,” grumbles Chanyeol, sitting down in his chair. The noise of the café is getting to his head. Badly. “You shouldn’t have dragged me here in the first place,” he mutters, so only his friend can hear.

     Jongin’s expression turns into an anxious one. “Please be nice,” he whispers into Chanyeol’s ear. Directly. Chanyeol shivers.

     Kyungsoo’s smile is absolutely maniacal. “You know, I was thinking, Chanyeol,” he starts briefly, swirling the straw in his drink.

     “You were thinking.” Kyungsoo grins wider. Oh, wow, he knows just how to make Chanyeol uncomfortable.

     “We should stop by your apartment.”

 

“No way,” Chanyeol stammers immediately. He racks his brain for an excuse. Think, think.

     Well, his mouth always gets ahead of his brain anyway. “Uh – Sehun doesn’t like strangers.” You , what? Sehun?

     A look of mild confusion crosses Kyungsoo’s face. “Is Sehun a cat or something?”

     Jongin snickers and interrupts Chanyeol’s protests. “Yeah, one of the undomesticated ones.” Chanyeol took this as an innuendo, judging by Jongin’s sultry tone, but Kyungsoo doesn’t seem to notice. Yeah, hypothesis b), Kyungsoo is oblivious and dumb as .

     Anyway. Chanyeol glares at his friend, but Jongin goes on.

     “What Chanyeol means  to say is that Sehun has . . . well, I’ll call it a wild side. You just have to avoid his little . . . weapons.”

     Jongin mouths video game controllers, but Kyungsoo, again, doesn’t seem to notice.

     “Great! I love cats; no need to worry.”

     Chanyeol suddenly gets what Jongin is aiming for and breaks into a satisfied smile, delighted by his epiphany. Time to get Kyungsoo back.

 

When Chanyeol unlocks the apartment door and Kyungsoo starts calling, “here, kitty kitty,” he and Jongin have to cling to each other to stop from laughing. Kyungsoo looks at them strangely but they remain smug and amused.

     “This way,” Chanyeol whispers, leading an excited Jongin boyfriend towards Sehun’s room with his friend following. “Watch out, he’s got a temper.”

     “I can handle it.” Jongin sniffs with laughter at Kyungsoo’s authoritative tone as Chanyeol places a hand on the doorknob and turns it.

     The door is thrown open to reveal – surprise, surprise – Sehun lounging on his bed, remote control in his hand. He looks at Kyungsoo, incredulous, when the latter lets out a bold, “Is the kitty here?”

     Sehun lets his gaze flicker to Chanyeol, who winks, and then back to Kyungsoo. “I must be treading on thin ice here. We don’t have a – what did you tell him, Yeol?”

     Kyungsoo turns around.

     Chanyeol points behind him. “Meet Sehun, my roommate. Biology student. He’s  - a  - a beauty, isn’t he? Might not be the feline you were searching for,  but--” He waggles his eyebrows.

     Kyungsoo, looking more than a little humiliated, lets out a small noise. “Oh.”

     Chanyeol has to laugh then, looking back at Jongin. His friend grins. Revenge is sweet.

     “You too, Jongin?” Kyungsoo’s definitely blushing. “I should have known. You ers, oh my god.” He cups his face in his hands, eyes wide. “The embarrassment. It hurts.”

     Jongin throws an arm around Chanyeol, giving him a long, searching look that seems casual, but it makes Chanyeol’s cheeks heat up unintentionally. “We share one mind. Right?”

     “Right,” Chanyeol murmurs.

     “That was great, though,” Jongin says, and Kyungsoo groans and completely covers his face. “’Here, kitty kitty.’ ‘I can handle it.’ Jeez, Soo, you’re so vulnerable it’s sad!”

     “Kim Jongin, shut the up! I will cut off your balls and--”

      “Real sweet,” Sehun says dryly, “really. Hell, Chanyeol’s allergic to cats. But – please, I beg you – can you do this somewhere else? Preferably not my room?”

     They fortunately get out just as the first video game controller hits the floor.

 

“Cook, Kyungsoo,” drawls Jongin lazily. They’re sitting in Chanyeol’s living room, stretched out and watching tv. He shifts against Chanyeol’s thigh. “Demonstrate. Show off your magical powers to the world. Everyone in the whole apartment building will come running.”

     Kyungsoo groans. “I don’t feel like it, not after what you did earlier.”

     Jongin makes a high-pitched noise at the back of his throat (and truth be told, it’s sent straight to the pits of Chanyeol’s lower abdomen). “Are you ever gonna get over that? It was over three hours ago. Come on, Soo, womanize up.”

     “That doesn’t even make sense,” grumbles Kyungsoo, but gets to his feet anyway. “Fine, whatever. But I’m only making ramen.”

     “What?! Anyone can make ramen!”

     “Just leave it,” mutters Chanyeol amusedly. “I guess we both kind of deserve it.”

     Jongin almost gives him one of those looks, but then realizes the error of his ways. Chanyeol can almost hear the words running through his brain. That is not being a supportive partner. Instead, he lifts his arms and hollers, “PRAISE THE LORD! MERCY HAS BEEN GIVEN! MOTHERING RAMEN! HELL YEAH!”

     Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

     Fifteen minutes and two bowls of spicy (and delicious, he must admit) ramen noodles later, Chanyeol is lying back against the couch with Kyungsoo above him and Jongin still nestled between his legs. Reruns of a drama is playing, but Chanyeol’s almost too sleepy and satiated to pay too much attention to it. Plus, Jongin’s head resting on his chest is really distracting. His old t-shirt is slipping off his shoulder, revealing miles and miles of smooth, beautiful skin and ridged collarbones. Chanyeol wants to nibble it. Wait, what? Gross.

     Jongin laughs, throwing Chanyeol out of his reverie. Delicate fingers play with the hem of his shirt and dance underneath it, skimming along his stomach. Chanyeol can feel his heart flutter frantically. Please, please, take your hand out and stop touching me, I might have a heart attack.

     He doesn’t.

     Oh, dear, Chanyeol sighs inwardly, it’s going to be a long evening with both of them.

 

Jongin suggests that they drink every time a female role either a) says oppa, b) squeals or exclaims, or c) does aegyo. Jongin does this to himself, Chanyeol shrugs as he pops open a can of beer. He isn’t known for holding his alcohol so well.

     When they’re on their eighth chug, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are fully functioning while Jongin looks unfocused, fidgeting and giggling at stupid times and snorting and wow, this is overbearingly cliché. Chanyeol actually wants the episode to be over so Jongin and Kyungsoo can kind of scoot themselves away before the younger of the two starts doing crazy things. Like. Um. Last time. Um—

     “Oppa, waeyo!” breaks into his thoughts. Chanyeol absently raises the can to his lips and shudders when Jongin chortles.

     Oh, god.

 

Okay, Chanyeol records in his mind. a) He is a strange drunk. Like, what even happens when he is drunk? He doesn’t know. What is air? He doesn’t know. b) Kyungsoo is a talking drunk. Go away. c) Jongin is an insane drunk, but more importantly, a super touchy-feely drunk. Noooo, not now, please abscond, young sir. I don’t know you. Certainly not in like with you. .

     They don’t really know how it happened but one drink led to another, and deep dark secret after deep dark secret was divulged until they were all lying on the ground, giggling with the tv on mute.

     Wait, is Kyungsoo his tattoo? Wait, truth or dare? Wait, are they middle school girls? Wait, wait. Hold the ing phone. Hold it, before Jongin drops it. Please, hold it. Hold – he dropped it.

     “Okay,” Jongin practically yells, “Sehun is really hot. Like, really hot. Almost as hot as me. I never told him, because I kind of don’t like him. But should I tell him?”

     “Sshshshshhshs,” whispers Kyungsoo. “You know, Jongin, your--”

     Chanyeol sighs loudly. “Guys, what--”

     “Sehun, you’re really hot!”

     Kyungsoo promptly smacks Jongin and Jongin tickles him and oh, no, Sehun is screeching about his booty sleep. Or is it beauty sleep? We’ll never know.

     Chanyeol’s best friend is now romping around with his #1 targeted worst enemy and Jongin is chuckling and avoiding Kyungsoo’s kisses and maybe that gives him a little bit of satisfaction, and maybe it doesn’t. We’ll never know.

     Then Jongin is crawling over to Chanyeol and what is happening, there is an excruciating weight on his body and hands are sliding up Chanyeol’s shirt, warming his skin and making his back arch. He catches eyes with Kyungsoo and the latter is just watching them lazily. Jongin gets all close and personal, leaning down to at his collarbones and nip at the tattoo on his shoulder. Chanyeol bites his lip, body tensing up as pleasure ticks at his spine—

     And there Jongin falls asleep, lower lip jutting out in a pout.

     “What,” Chanyeol scratches his head, mind whirling, “how?” Jongin is drooling now. He sends a confused look to Kyungsoo, who just laughs, his eyelids fluttering. “Stupid,” he mumbles, “Jongin.”

     Chanyeol reaches out and pats his head. “It’s okay, I deal too.” Wait, does this even make sense? Hmmm. He ponders.

     “You know,” Kyungsoo says, legs sliding out from under him, “Jongin. Really . . . likes you.”

     Chanyeol opens and closes his mouth. “Well, thanks. He likes you too.” Sounds kinda wrong in his mouth. Well, at least everything does at this point.

     Kyungsoo grunts. “Mhm. But not like you. He likes you lots. I can see the way he looks into your eyes. Lust. That’s all he has for me. But I sense something different about. Him. And you.” He lapses into an introspective state, staring dreamily at the wall behind Chanyeol.

     “There is a spark, yes,” Kyungsoo comments poetically, raising his eyebrows for effect. “I feel it in the air every time. I don’t think he loves me.” Chanyeol almost jumps at his defiant tone.

     “No.” Kyungsoo yawns. “He would be better off with you.” His eyes cloud over and they close. “You know, Jongin’s right. Sehun is very attractive. What was I thinking?”

     Then he stands up and wanders off, muttering under his breath something in a different language – something that sounds like German.

     Yes, Chanyeol affirms to himself woozily, definitely a talking drunk.

 

On a Saturday, a beautiful, pleasant Saturday, when Chanyeol is in a fantastic mood, Jongin shows up to pester him. With a new piercing in a scandalous place.

     “Oh, me,” Chanyeol says, running a hand through his messy bed hair and kicking the covers away from his waist. “. Me.”

     Jongin smirks and tugs at the new silver sphere that decorates his lower lip. “Gladly.”

     “No, not even that. you. I hate you so much – and I told you – don’t think I don’t see the pack of cigarettes, no smoking in the apartment!” Chanyeol exclaims with a sour look at his best friend, jumping out of bed.

     “Like you don’t,” Jongin retorts, looking upwards – suddenly the ceiling becomes more interesting. But then he brightens. “And look, I got a new pattern--” With that he rips off his shirt, tossing it on Chanyeol’s desk, and turns around.

     Chanyeol curses under his breath and steps forward, placing his hand on Jongin’s shoulders, letting his fingers slide down to brush along the design panning out over his lower back and just underneath his shoulderblades. They’re angel wings, spreading over beautiful skin and curling at the edges in a delicate flare. Underneath the design, sitting innocuously, lies the flower tattoo he got a few weeks ago.

     Chanyeol never had the guts to get something as big as this; he preferred smaller but catchy designs dotting over noticeable places. This kind of tattoo is irreversible and Chanyeol wouldn’t have been able to remove it. Ever. Jongin can’t remove it.

     But the one difference between them is that even if Chanyeol got a tattoo this size it wouldn’t look good. Jongin – Jongin looks good in these things. Maybe it’s the only time Chanyeol will ever admit it to himself.

     But it’ll be a looooong while before he ever admits it out loud.

     “Go away,” is the first things he says, or rather whines. With small, insistent nudges, he pushes Jongin out of his room and towards the door.

     “Wait, my shirt--” Jongin yelps, stumbling backwards.

     “Well, if you got that marvelous tattoo, don’t you want to show it off to the world?” growls Chanyeol, nudging more. Jongin’s hand lands on the doorknob. He even looks a little hurt.

     “Here, I got it, bruh,” comes from over Chanyeol’s shoulder. He looks around. A miscellaneous object called Jongin’s shirt is flying gracefully through the air, all credit going to Sehun’s excellent aim. He ducks, scowling, and Jongin catches the garment easily.

     “Thanks, bruh,” replies Jongin, looking painfully at Chanyeol. “You’re not actually, seriously kicking me out, are you?”

     “I don’t know why he’s doing such a thing, your tattoo is really attractive. Just throwing that out there.”

     “You see,” wails Jongin in desperation as Chanyeol rolls his eyes angrily and opens the door. “You should like it! I like your tattoos! I want to your tattoos--”

     “UGH, FLATTERY,” Chanyeol screeches, and Jongin looks extremely sad while being pushed out into the fresh air.

     “Hey, wait,” he says softly, when Chanyeol is two inches away from shutting the door on him completely. The latter looks him in the eye warily. He does not trust Kim Jongin. Kim Jongin is weird and dishonest and unbelievably hot. Never a good combination.

     “Starbucks? At five? We can go to a karaoke place later?” asks Jongin hopefully.

     Chanyeol actually stops to think about this. Yes, he is very angry at Jongin because he now has a total of three tattoos (even though the one on his hip is unspoken of and remains unseen) and a total of four piercings and they all actually look good on him, but he’s also not very angry at Jongin because the poor guy is his best friend so, by default, he has to like him. Also because Jongin’s really hot and Chanyeol, by default, must not be angry at hot guys with cute personalities. Did he mention that Jongin’s really, really attractive and Chanyeol, not by default, really really likes him? What. Wait. He means. Who said that?

     He also considers the consequences, Yes, at karaoke places they often get drunk, and Jongin has a super low tolerance while loving getting drunk. So they both usually get faced enough, and Jongin usually does really stupid things. Okay, that is consequence number one. Consequence number two – sometimes, or most of the time, they feel each other up when they’re completely out of it, but, nah. Actually, that’s not a consequence. Live life and enjoy the ride, eh?

     Consequence one Chanyeol can solve just by being the partially sane person he is the whole time. He has a higher (much higher) alcohol tolerance than Jongin, anyway.

     Yeah, he can deal with it (he thinks).

     “Fine,” he says curtly, and Jongin’s face lights up. Just because of that, Chanyeol’s façade breaks and he softens, his frown loosening up. “See you at five.”

 

Okay, so it might be really bad if Kyungsoo finds out. Like, really bad. Kyungsoo is really scary, especially when he’s not drunk. But Jongin, on the other hand, is super drunk. And screaming at the top of his lungs because apparently he ing loves this song. And something about designs. Jongin is actually taking off Chanyeol’s shirt.

     Well, no one said it was a great idea to get drunk, anyway.

     “Hey, hey, Park-ing-Yeol,” slurs Jongin, widening his eyes. “That’s cool.” His fingers splay out on Chanyeol’s chest and Chanyeol flushes.

      “Isn’t it shoes . . . and shirt,” he reminds Jongin gently, trying not to break his heart.

     “But it’s beautiful, Yeol,” his best friend practically yells, and giggles when Chanyeol momentarily slaps a hand over his mouth. “Don’t you think it’s good that we bought beer, though?”

     “Massive hangover,” Chanyeol mumbles. He can think very clearly, actually, but it seems a little muffled around the edges. He blinks. Wake up. Before Jongin starts his shenanigans.

     “Can you punch me in the mouth,” Jongin says, and, making a grab for Chanyeol’s tie (though, alas, he has no tie), leans in, “with your mouth?”

     “What the hell, you’re drunk as ,” gasps Chanyeol, shaking messy brown hair out of his eyes. Somebody yells at him from across the room.

     “For argument’s sake, so are you.” Jongin’s droopy eyes are sort of Chanyeol in, reading all of his thoughts. They both laugh, and Jongin says something about Chanyeol’s eyeliner and “hella fine,” and somehow, somewhere, in the middle of all of this they start kissing. Chanyeol wonders briefly why this doesn’t happen, like, every single time? Jongin’s fingers wander to slide all over his chest, grip his shoulders. They seem to be inhaling each other’s breaths.

     Jongin’s tongue is a thing of beauty. So Chanyeol is pretty disappointed when it leaves his mouth. Wow, his best friend is hot. Like, really incredibly hot.

     Jongin’s voice echoes his thought. “Hey, Sehun isn’t nearly as attractive as you.” He grins his mothering lopsided grin, leaning down to at his best friend’s clavicle.

     “Oh, god,” Chanyeol moans, shifting. Warm lips press against his again, and his hair is being threaded through persistent long fingers. They’re both really drunk and really, really .

     Never a good combination.

 

“Sick, sick, sick,” groans Chanyeol from the couch. “Have you ever been sick, like this sick? I am so sick, goddammit, Jongin.”

     Sehun sighs, and replaces the now lukewarm cloth with a more saturated, colder one. Chanyeol sighs in relief, the coolness cutting right to his brain sharply. “I don’t think I’ve been so sick as to talk to people that aren’t even there. Do you remember what happened last night?”

     Chanyeol blinks. “Yeah, most of it."

     "Do tell," his roomie yawns.

     "So, we get to the place, and Jongin starts singing really loudly, right? He tells me to do it too--”

     “Skip to the good part,” Sehun interrupts demandingly.

     “So, of course, Jongin has the alcohol, and he’s a horrible drinker, as you know. Can never keep his together. We proceed to get piss drunk, and Jongin’s doing this – well, he starts doing ballet and acrobatics and once in a while his flailing arms will hit me in the face.

     “We drink, and drink, and then I think Jongin asks me to take off my shirt, because he wants to see my tattoos, despite seeing them thousands of times. I comply, and then he starts doing weirder with his hooded kohl-lined eyes and . . .” Chanyeol then trails off.

     And his eyes widen in panic.

     “Holy ing , Sehun, this is bad. Very bad. Oh, my god, Chanyeol, you’ve really ed up this time.”

     Sehun sits up straight, blinking in alarm. “What? What’s going on?”

     Chanyeol glances to his right, meeting Sehun’s alert gaze. His hands come up to grip his cheeks. “We kissed, Sehun. We kissed.”

     Sehun bites his lip, his nose twitching. “But--”

     “Yes, when we were young and seventeen, we used to. But we stopped. And, yes, things used to happen at clubs, but not kissing. That was mild! But now . . .” Chanyeol drops back on the arm of the couch with a groan.

     “But, if you guys used to, then once in a while--” Sehun starts in confusion, but his roommate cuts him off.

     “I don’t think you understand how serious this is,” he says urgently. “Jongin just cheated on Do Kyungsoo – with me!”

     For a moment, Sehun is silent, soaking it in, taking a minute to really and fully comprehend the information. Then he blanches. Like, turns really really pale. And he’s already a ing white kid. “Jongin,” he says slowly, sounding horrified, “is dating Kyungsoo?”

     “I thought you . . . knew that,” Chanyeol replies, nodding in a duh sort of way (in confirmation).

     “I knew Jongin had a boyfriend.” Sehun swallows. “I just didn’t know it was . . . Kyungsoo.”

     “What,” Chanyeol asks him suspiciously, gripping the armrest a little tighter. He feels the dread. “What is wrong with that.”

     Sehun squirms. “Well, yesterday, when you and Jongin were out, Kyungsoo came over. And he was looking for something or someone I guess. But. Um. I invited him in . . .”

     Chanyeol holds his breath.

     “And . . . things happened.”

     Chanyeol jumps and curses when his head throbs. Just what he was expecting. “What sort of things?” His voice comes out as scared and he swats it away. Jesus take the wheel.

     Sehun flushes a very pretty light pink, the shy, nineteen-year-old flower boy breaking to the surface and shoving away his former image. “Well . . .”

     “You guys,” hollers Chanyeol, gasping for air, “you guys screwed? You ed him? He ed you? He deflow--”

     “Shut the hell up,” Sehun hisses, mortified. “You don’t have to be so damn loud about it. I’m embarrassed enough as it is.”

     “Aw, man, did you at least get his consent, you little --”

     “He took the initiative!”

     “SO I WAS RIGHT, HE DID DEFLOWER YOU! But wait, what the hell, so he got your consent?”

     “Well, yeah, I mean . . .”

     “AND ALL THIS TIME I THOUGHT YOU WERE STRAIGHT! HALLELUJAH, MY ROOMMATE ADMITS HE IS A HOMOUAL!”

     “Please,” Sehun whimpers. “I have a reputation. And we need to get to the real matter at hand, so refrain from jumping up and down and just – consider.

     Chanyeol scowls, shrinking down again. Oh, yeah. “We’re screwed, Sehun. Absolutely screwed.”

     “But think about it.” Sehun suddenly grins from the position between his knees. “They cheated on each other. What snarky, manipulative s.”

     Chanyeol snickers with him, and they both sneer at Kyungsoo and Jongin for a good five minutes. But then they return to being sullen, because wow, that just .

     “Yep, we’re screwed,” sighs Chanyeol. He sneaks a look at Sehun. They both exchange glances, and a fierce red paints his friend’s cheeks as he realizes what’s going to come in about five, four, three, two, one—

     “Well, technically, you were the one getting screwed--”

     “Oh my god, for the last time, SHUT. UP.”

 


PLEASE TELL ME IF I HAVE TYPOS!!     -for those people that never read author's notes

a/n:

I FINALLY UPDATED!!!!! /throws confetti

no, but guys, really. someone needs to tell me to wake up. omfg. i am the laziest person ever. you should have seen me lounging around writing depressing hunhan oneshots when i should really be updating this one?????

speaking of oneshots, i had to change it from a two-shot to a three-shot because i planned more in the middle and well duh i'm pretty lazy, so throw yoUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR IT IS EXTENDED

so i hope you gather from this update that JONGIN IS DUMB AS FRICK WHILE DRUNK. lol. but at least he likes chanyeol????? and chanyeol likes him?????? oops. did i say too much?

so i've been really sick and that's another reason why i've been lazy. my immune system is failing me!!!

comments and upvotes (and subscribers!!!!) are ALWAYS appreciated. i love this small community of kaiyeol shippers right here, you don't know how many times i looked to the comment section and thought wow i hate letting them down, they all want me to update and i'm sitting here writing ty essays and eating food and writing different pairings and coming up with a WHOLE new idea for a fanfic. love u all. ur my motivation. give this kika a hug <333

btw i really imagine chanyeol looking like this:

tumblr_n17pysinpm1rxv75ko1_400.png

tumblr_n026t9mjaf1qgnxifo2_400.png

it looks really pretty on him thats my baby!!!!

AND BY THE WAY GUYS, i actually really love kyungsoo, he is #4 on my bias list, he's adorable and squishy and i know i make him sound like a and i know chanyeol's like MMMMM KYUNGSOO #1 TARGETED ENEMY but i love him ok?????

don't hurt the baby chanyeol

but i hope you liked this update! i promise i'm almost finished with this and then you can stop waiting okey

love,

kika <333

p.s. i think i proofread it pretty well but PLEASE TELL ME IF I HAVE ANY TYPOS.