Pyjamas

Bed doesn't always equal sleep

  

After I have closed the bedroom door behind my back, I start giggling and dancing a little victory dance. My parents just told me that they are going out of town the entire weekend. Even though I have to babysit my little brother, he will still have to go to bed in a couple of hours, so it is a perfect night to spend some quality time with my ‘best friend’, Minjun. As you can guess, Minjun is not just my best friend, he is my boyfriend. But we would always introduce each other as best friends, because homoual relationships aren’t really accepted in our society. My little brother knows Minjun really well, as he comes over to our place quite regularly. Wooyoung adores Minjun, worships him. Even his favourite toy is dropped to the ground when Minjun enters the room. They are like hand and glove, a really cute hand and glove. Minjun understands my little brother really well, sometimes even better than I, the wonderful big brother, do. I take my phone out of my pocket and give Minjun a call to invite him over.

 

A couple of hours later, my parents have left and I am alone with my little brother. I am sitting in the sofa, watching Wooyoung playing peacefully on the carpet in front of the couch. On the TV some drama is playing, but I am not really paying attention to it as I have missed the previous episode. Not long after, the doorbell rings. Wooyoung looks up from his toy cars, his brows knitting together.

 

“Who’s that, hyung?”

 

 Shrugging my shoulders, I act as if I have no clue who that guest can be.

 

“Let’s go take a look together,” I say, getting up from the couch.

 

He eagerly crawls up onto his little feet and lays his tiny hand in mine. We hurry to the hallway when the doorbell rings again.

 

“We’re coming!” Wooyoung calls out. “Who is it?”

 

It remains silent at the other side of the door. My little brother looks up, his eyes full of wonder and confusion. He stretches his arms, signalling he wants to see through the peephole. I pick him up in my arms so he can see who is waiting outside our apartment. The moment he looks through the small peephole, he lets out a little squeak and starts giggling.

 

“Aaaah~ hyung’s eye is scary!” Wooyoung cries.

 

A deep laughter is heard from the other side of the door. I smile and open the door to welcome my boyfriend.

 

“Jun-hyung!”

 

My little brother calls for the other and wiggles out of my arms.

 

“Annyeong Wooyoungie!” Minjun says, smiling broadly and kneeling down so he can hug the little boy who has run up to him.

 

“You’re coming to play with me?” Wooyoung asks excitedly.

“Of course, Wooyoungie,” Minjun nods, ruffling the boy’s hair.

 

I huff, a little jealous because of all the attention my little brother is getting, and cross my arms in front of my chest.

 

“Let’s get inside,” I say dryly.

“Yeah, come in, hyung! You should see the car park I have built!” Wooyoung shouts, dragging Minjun to the living room.

 

As they pass by, Minjun flashes his angelic smile and touches my cheek with his featherlike fingertips.

 

“Hey, Taec,” he greets before they disappear into the living room.

 

My skin immediately starts burning on the place he has touched my cheek. That’s the effect that boy has on me; one word and I am completely lost, one touch and I am completely on fire. A lovesick smile spreads across my lips as I follow the two people I cherish the most to the living room. The rest of the evening Minjun, Wooyoung and I spend playing with the cars that Wooyoung loves so much, until it is time to get Wooyoung in his bed.

 

“Wooyoung,” I call my little brother to gain his attention.

“Yes, hyung?” he asks, looking up from his toys.

 

I point to the clock above the door. He immediately understands what I want to say and starts to whine.

 

“No, I still want to play with you and Jun-hyung!”

 

He runs up to me and throws his little arms around my waist, his dark-brown doe eyes pleading.

 

“I promised mom and dad to get you in bed on time. So it’s time to brush your teeth and put on your pyjamas,” I say while I try to get him off the couch and up the stairs.

“No, I don’t want to, hyung!”

 

I let out a deep sigh when my little brother doesn’t stop whining. Oh god, what do I have to do to get him in his bed? Suddenly, Minjun gets up from the ground and crouches  down at Wooyoung’s side.

 

“You know what, Wooyoungie?” Minjun smiles, giving me a scheming look. He starts yawning, politely putting a hand in front of his mouth. “I’m also very tired. So let’s go to bed, all of us.”

 

Wooyoung watches Minjun with his big dark-brown doe eyes, deliberating whether he should continue whining or listen to his hyung. After a few moments of silence, he gives an almost imperceptible shake of his head. I smile at our little victory as we gather the toy cars, ready to get to bed.

 

“Wooyoungie, can you get your PJs?” I ask as we have  cleaned up the toys. “I think Minjun-hyung would love to see your monkey pyjamas.”

 

The little boy immediately gets up, nodding his head, and runs up the stairs.

 

“So we are going to sleep as well?” I ask Minjun the moment Wooyoung has left the room.

“Did I ever say we are going to sleep?” he answers, winking at the end of his sentence.

 

I feel the heat rising and my cheeks redden when I figure out the hidden message.

 

“For children a bed equals sleeping, but for me it doesn’t, my sweet Taecyeon,” Minjun whispers in my ear before leaving the room and going upstairs to put my little brother in his bed.  

 

I stand frozen to the floor, my heart racing in my chest and my blood running to a certain, sensible region of my body.

---

A/N: I think you can guess what will follow  after our dear little Wooyoung has gone to sleep? 

 

A big thanks to all the people who subscribed,

the new ones and the ones that have been following me since Dead and Gone.

I wish I could show you how much I love you. 

I guess  the only option is to finish the next chapter as soon as possible? 

Well, I'll try to do that then =D 

Love y'all <3