Complete

Not once, but twice

Tiffany shoved through the main door with her elbows locked, purse and grocery bags slung over the crook of her arm as she fumbled with her keys before calling out into the seemingly empty apartment. "Jessi', I'm back!" With a heave, she kicked the door close, swerving into the house deftly, slipping out of her shoes with the same amount of ease.
 
Panting, she trudged past the living room, passing a quick glance at the empty couch and coffee table, rolling her eyes at the sight of it. It didn't take an idiot to figure out that her lazy best friend was probably in the dining room, waiting.
  
She sighed.
  
Why was she not surprise? Being roomies for years, she had always been the one to put meals on the table. Literally.
  
Storming towards the dining room, the eye-smiling princess could feel her arms giving way from the weight of the groceries, take-away dinner and her extraordinarily heavy purse. With a loud thud, she dropped the contents she'd been carrying on to for the past hour onto dining table. "Guess what I got us for dinner, Jess'. It's your favorite, Naeng..." and she raised her head up at the blonde, beaming, but as soon as she found herself facing the sight before her, her smile instantly dropped. She frowned. "Myun."


There.
 
Right in front of her, beneath her nose.
 
Jessica.
 
Eyes glazed over, expression blank. Obviously staring into the vacant spot of air right in front of her.
 
Tiffany let out a groan of utter exasperation as she palmed herself on the forehead, shaking her head. "Rats, not this again." She lifted her eyes at the blonde again. Brown eyes, dark. Lips... She's nibbling on them. "Did the date at her place not work out?"
 
And that managed to get the blonde's attention as she snapped her head up at her, eyes widening, cheeks hinting at a small blush. Scrunching up her eyebrows, she retorted. "What? No!"
 
"Ah, right, I remember you were gushing to me all over the phone hours ago. I swear, I'd never heard you so hyped out before, Jess'." She grinned, busying herself as she unpacked the groceries and food, rustling through the plastic bags. "I could almost hear the smiles and grins all over you, gosh." she flashed her a coy smile, fanning her off lightly.
 
Timing herself accurately as she watched the blonde opening to counter back, she cut her off in a flash. "But if the date went all that well, with you kissing her on the cheek and all that, what's up with that glum look of yours? It's worrying, y'know?"
 
"I—"
 
"Ah, ah, ah. Let me guess." She cut her off again with a wave of her hand. Her eyes scanned the dining table briefly.
 
Jessica.
 
Dining table.
 
Half-empty glass of juice.
 
Aha, cell phone.
 
"You're probably waiting for her to call you or either that, you're troubling over if you should call her instead. But with that glass of juice over there, I should go for the latter, am I right?" The blonde merely responded by turning rigid, eyes wide with shock as her jaw slackened. And that was all she needed to confirm her suspicions. Tiffany rolled her eyes at her best friend, shrugging carelessly as she brought out the naengmyun she'd bought earlier. "She likes you, you like her. I seriously don't see why you should even be fretting about this."
 
"Tiff', listen to—"
 
"Gosh, I knew something like this was bound to happen with the two of you being girls, having no idea who should take the lead and all."
 
"Wait no, Tiffany—"
 
 The brunette raised her palm up at her, efficiently silencing her as her eyes trailed upon her cell phone lying innocently on the table top. "I think all you need is just a little push." And in a blink of an eye, she swiped the cell phone off the table as she ran through the contact list of the blonde.
 
Dumbfounded with shock, it took five seconds for Jessica to finally regain her senses, reaching forth as she wrestled with the brunette for her phone. "Tiff— God, urgh— Give it back! I'm not hesitating, it's just that Yuri's having filming and I don't want to get in her way."
 
The eye-smiling princess merely slanted a gaze at her, shrugging casually as she grinned. "Too late." Just as quickly as she had snatched away her phone, she'd shoved the blonde's cell phone into her ear just as swiftly. Before Jessica could even react, a deep husky voice that didn't sound a single bit like Tiffany, called out.
 
 

"Hello?"

 
 
The blonde fumbled with her phone as she nearly lost her grip on it. Palms turning cold and clammy as that familiar butterflies in her stomach began doing flips and turns. "Um, hey it's Jessica."
 
"Oh, hi!" The voice at the other end of the line instantly brightened up and the rustling of clothes could be heard as she suddenly had this mental image of the tanned idol straightening herself up, wearing that usual bright grin of hers. "What's up?"
 
"Um, just calling to see how you're doing with your filming. Are you keeping warm?"
 
"Ah...—a warm chuckle— yeah. Your muffler, I'm using it right now. I feel real warm." She could hear the smile hanging off right at the end of the sentence. Her lips tugged and she found herself smiling as well, a sudden feeling of warmth and satisfaction spreading through her entire being. "What are you doing right now, Sica-yah?"
 
Jessica flickered her eyes up at the brunette who was grinning ear to ear, slurping up the naengmyun from her bowl. She then lowered her gaze upon the bowl sitting beneath her nose, untouched. "I'm having dinner now. Have you eaten?" She picked up her chopsticks.
 
"Yeah, we had Taeyeon's omelette rice and some spicy seafood awhile ago. It was so delicious, if only you were here, you could have taken a bite. But anyway, filming has ended; we're just hanging around and pretty much relaxing now." There was a soft subtle pause. "What are you eating?"
 
"Hmm... I'm having naengmyun."
 
"Naengmyun?" Jessica thought the idol sounded pleasantly surprised by the sudden raise of pitch in her voice. She could almost picture those deep brown eyes lighting up with a broad grin lighting up her fine features. A faint smile hinted at her lips. "You know that Park Myungsoo song?  'Though it's chewy, it's too chewy. Naengmyun naengmyun naengmyun.' "
 
She let out a giggle upon that, digging her chopsticks into her bowl of cold noodles as she began swirling it around playfully.
 
"You're singing the melody wrong, Yuri-yah. It's 'though it's chewy, it's too chewy. Naengmyun naengmyun naengmyun.  Even so, I love you.' "
 
There was an imperceptible sharp intake of breath which was followed closely a thick blanket of silence which was broken by a velvety, husky voice. "Really?" 
 
It was only then, Jessica caught herself. Unknowingly, the last few stanza of the song had flowed out so naturally that she couldn't even pause and stop herself from singing it; and before she knew it, she was gaping like a fish, unable to string a proper sentence. "Uh, I-uh-um—"
 
"I'm just teasing you, Sica-yah!" the idol joked, muffled chuckles resonating through the ear piece as she found herself flushing uncontrollably, turning a shade of beet red. "But you really have a beautiful voice when you sing. I wasn't wrong the other time, y'know?"
 
Jessica lifted her eyes from her bowl of very-messily-jumbled-up naengmyun, meeting the eyes of a rather amused brunette who quirked a thin brow at her as she silently ate from her bowl of noodles, watching her every actions carefully.
 

"Ahh... If only you're here right now, the stars are shining real bright tonight and maybe you could sing to me in person. That would be a wish-come-true."

 
Averting her eyes away from Tiffany, she gingerly wrapped her fingers around the lower-half of her face in her efforts of trying to hide the raging blush which was claiming her features. "Yah, stop teasing me already would you?"
 
 

"Hmm, don't tell me you're blushing over the phone, Sica-yah?"

 
Jessica froze, eyes widening as they swiftly moved back to Tiffany who was still watching her. Feeling uneasy under the penetrating gaze of the brunette, she dexterously rotated her body towards the side, such that she was no longer facing the eye-smiling princess.
 
She let out a huff, furrowing her brows, running her fingers through her ginger-ale locks as she opened to speak.
 
 

"Alright, fine, I'll stop. Don't be mad, okay?"

 
  
She found her body relaxing upon that, stiff shoulder slackening as she slumped back down into her seat again, smiling lightly in satisfaction. "That's more like it." She picked up her chopsticks once again and began digging in.
 

Silence slipped in once again. The ruffling of clothes from the other line, triggered her more acute senses as she perked up her ears, listening attentively. She could hear shallow breathings— Yuri's breathing— and she fought the urge to close her eyes, allowing herself to indulge in the peacefulness of it. She was hesitating. She could feel it. The edginess and tension of the silence and the slight quivering of her breaths.
 
  

"Hmm... Sica?"

  
 
"Yeah, Yuri-yah?"
 

 
A pause and a soft gulp.
 
 

"The reason why you called... was to hear my voice, right?"

 

 She'd very nearly choked on her naengmyun upon that, gripping her chopsticks tightly lest they fall out of her grip. There was that familiar burning sensation of a blush creeping from the base of her neck and she sank her teeth down into her lips while she tried her very best to calm her erratic heartbeats.
 
There was a long silence and she could have sworn the idol's breath quickened a little, but as seconds ticked past, she could feel the atmosphere dropping drastically as the tension spread thickly among the two of them to the point she found it suffocating and stifling.
 
She raised her head from the table and for a split second, she saw the idol sitting across the dining table with eyes dark with dejection and a rather light-hearted smile faltering on her lips.
 
 Her heart twinge.
  
A disheartened sigh. "Haha, I'm kidding, Sica-yah, just teasing you agai—" 
 
 "Yeah. I... um... wanted to hear your voice." She cut her off, blushing furiously, eyes falling onto everything except for Tiffany who seemed to be more amused than ever.
 
A hitch in breath, and there was that moment when she'd thought that silence had manifested itself by wrapping around her so tightly that she would choke and suffocate from all the tension in that few nano-seconds
 

"Me too..."

 
 
It was at that point, she had realized she was holding onto her breath subconsciously as a smile claimed her lips. Her heart was soaring, throbbing furiously and there was that sensation of dizzy euphoria surging through her veins, almost fueling her with the ability to fly right there and then. Who would have thought that those two words could have played such a huge impact on her.
 

 

 'Yuri-yah!'

 

However, the moment between the both of them was cut short when a voice sounded awfully like Taeyeon sliced through the air of comfortable silence between them. And it also suddenly occurred to her that Tiffany was still sitting across her at the dinner table and was apparently painfully aware of her every expression flashing across her face. 
 
"Ah, I gotta' go. Um, duty calls." coughed Yuri awkwardly albeit sounding slightly reluctant to put down the phone.
 
 
"Okay, goodnight. And take care of yourself."
 


"Yeah,I will—"  

 

'Yuri-yah, quit talking on your phone and get your over here!'
 

 

 "Uhh... I really have to hang up now. I-I'll call you tomorrow— 'KWON YURI!'— G'night!"

 
 
 And the line went dead abruptly; but still, it didn't keep that silly grin she had on from faltering, nor did it stopped her from gazing down onto her cell phone longingly. Her husky voice, ever so smooth and flowing, was still echoing through the walls of her mind, calling out to her, luring her in. And just the thought of that heart-warming smile of hers, with her pearly whites reveling against her plush pink lips.
 
She said she'd call her tomorrow.
 
She said she will call me tomorrow, Jessica couldn't help but repeat that simple phrase over and over again on the invisible tape recorder in her mind with deliberate slowness, allowing it to gradually slip in, making sure everything wasn't just merely a dream or a figment of her imagination.
 
"So..." drawled Tiffany as she sharply dropped her chopsticks upon the table with a sudden thud, drawing the blonde's attention as she broke her out of her apparent reverie filled with a particular tanned idol. "I assume everything went pretty darn well. Right, Jessi'?"
  
Jessica gave her best friend a blank stare.
  
She blinked.
 
Once.
 
Twice.
 
And then, she lowered her head down upon her bowl of naengmyun, fingers reaching for her chopsticks as she began slurping up the cold noodles as if nothing had been exchanged between the two of them. Rolling her eyes into the back of her skull, the brunette let out a scoff before slamming her palms against the table top, causing the contents on the table to rattle and reverberate.
 
"Hey, I'm talking to you here, Jessi'."
  
The blonde flickered her eyes lazily up at the brunette before resuming to silently munching on her dinner. "Uh huh,"
 
"God, Jessi'!" Tiffany drew herself back with a groan of frustration, running a ringer through her dark chocolate locks. "Don't you 'uh huh' me, I need you to talk to me." Sighing, she straightened herself up, regaining her poise and posture as she wiped away the scowl from before. "Now tell me, what did Yuri say?" she treaded lightly.
 
Jessica could see the brunette's smile twitching with annoyance and that sort of amused her a little. She took in a bigger mouthful of noodles, chewing and swallowing it slowly; all the while, watching the (not so) eye-smiling princess who was seated across her, fidgeting about with impatience. She had also idly noted that the girl was on the verge of losing her trademark crescent-like smile as she smirked inwardly to herself. All the more she should .
  
Eventually, her grin did fade away to the point she began pursing her lips from keeping it to fall into a frown. Finally, reaching her very limits, Tiffany let out a roar of frustration, throwing her hands up in the air as she got up from her seat.
 
"She said she would call me tomorrow."
  
And that was all that was required to lure her back again. Like bees to honey, Tiffany instantly plopped back down, eyes bright with anticipation as she propped her head up, inching as close as she could towards the blonde. "And, and?" urged Tiffany who was struggling to keep herself from grinning all over again.
 
Jessica took the last slurp of noodles before putting her bowl down onto the table top. her lips off of any other traces of the naengmyun from before, she dabbed her lips clean with a napkin before reclining back against her chair. She looked up to meet the gaze of the expectant brunette stonily.
 
"And... thank you for that 'push' back there. I'm turning in early tonight, 'night, Tiff'."
  
Right before Tiffany could even blink or react; Jessica was already out of her seat and deftly making her way into her room.
 
"H-hey! It's your turn to do the dishes today, Jessi'!" Tiffany called out after her, stumbling out of her chair as she attempted to go after the nimble petite blonde. 
  
The door to the blonde's room closed with a thud.
  
"Hey, Jung Jessica!" 
 
Click.
 
She'd also locked the door.
 
Huffing angrily, Tiffany fumbled with the brass knob to her room to no avail. "Yah, Jung Sooyeon! Get your sneaky little out here." She pounded at the door. "Jung Jessica, don't you dare ignore me!"
 
"I'm the one who pays the rent here!"
 
"Should have recorded her singing when I had the chance... Damn it!"
 
 "JESSICA!"
 
 ---
 
 
Tick tack. Tick tack. Tick tack.
 
A certain girl with neatly trimmed brown hair stood on the tip of her toes as beads of perspiration gathered near the corner of her forehead, coursing off the edge of her cheeks in thin, silvery rivulets.
 
With brows furrowed and scrunched up in deep concentration, she reached forth as far out as she could, her arms quivering from the strain and tension as she held herself together firmly, nonetheless.
 
Tick tack. Tick tack. Tick tack.
 

She inched forward as a groan tumbled out from in protest, fingers trembling incessantly while she tried her very best to slot that single book into that empty little spot in this particular shelf whilst balancing a tall mountain of books that reached up to the height of her chin on the other hand.
 
Tick tack. Tick tack.
 
The poor girl held her breath, squeezing her eyes shut as she forced every single cell in her entire being to reach up and slot that book in. The essence of her heart work trickled off her chin and she could her muscles tensing and going sore from all the book-holding she was doing at the moment.
 
TICK TACK. TICK
 
Just a little mo— TACK.
 
The book that was lodged between her fingers slipped out of her grasp as it plummeted down onto her face. And the instant the book landed on her face, it triggered an immediate chain effect with the pile of books in her other arm sent flying into the air as the girl fell down hard on her bosoms.
  
Roaring with utter frustration and annoyance she flashed the blonde who was sitting by the counter a death glare.
 
"Crap, Jessica! Could you please, in the name of god, stop with the friggin' pen-tapping?"
  
The pen between the blonde's slender fingers instantly came to a stand-still as she lifted her eyes up at her lazily. She grinned deviously down at her, propping her head up with her palm as she twirled the pen around with her fingers. "Oh, you mean this?" And with that, she began tapping the pen against the counter, earning a cringe from the shorter girl.
  
"Urgh, damn it, Jessica. As your boss and co-worker, I demand you to stop doing that or I'll have you fired."
 
Jessica pouted, dropping the pen on the counter as it rolled off to the corner. She raised her hands up in defeat and rolled her eyes, "Fine, fine. I'll stop."
  
Sunny let out a groan, dusting herself as she picked herself up from the ground before surveying the mess of books surrounding her. She scoffed, glancing off towards the blonde who was now swiveling about in her chair. "You seem pretty happy today..." she muttered off to herself as crouched down to pick up the books.
  
"Oh really? Need a hand in that mess, over there?"
  
She fanned her off lightly, dexterously picking the books off from the ground with extreme expertise and skill. "Thanks but no thanks; you'll just cause a bigger mess instead."
 
"Pft, you hurt my pride, Sunny."
 
"Ha. Ha. Very funny, Jessica." She rolled her eyes; the mess on the floor was now piled up neatly and pushed off towards the corner. Rubbing her hands and nodding in satisfaction of settling the mess, she made her way towards the counter where the blonde resided.  "Tell me, what's the reason for your extraordinarily good mood today, Jessica?"
  
"Don't kid yourself, Sun', I've always been like this."
  
The shorter girl scoffed, waving her off. "Hah. Knowing you for since middle school and monitoring you work in the store as your boss? I beg to differ." She eased herself up the chair beside the blonde who had her pencil-thin brow raised in amusement. "On normal days, you'd probably be dozing off or at least half-asleep while you do the paper works. I'm surprised that you're wide awake today, Jessi'. Keep up the good job."
 
Jessica snorted, "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."
  
"But really, Jessica, what's up with the good mood lately?" She watched as the blonde picked up the pen again and began playing with it again, looking disinterested and as indifferent as ever. "Don't make me guess now. I'm sure you know how sharp I am with things like that." No response.
 
The shorter yet older girl wrinkled her nose in annoyance before rolling her eyes in acceptance of this behavior coming from the girl beside her. Fingers wrapping around her chin, she thought hard and deep.
 
"The hot date from before..." It was imperceptible, but the blonde did tense for a split second. Sunny smirked in triumph. "Has something to do with this, I assume?"
  
Silence again. But this time there was a tension that she could really put a finger on to and it only made her itch to know more about this... particularly 'hot date' of Jessica Jung. But before she could even proceed to further interrogate her close, blonde friend, the jingle of the door caught her attention as she whipped her head towards it.
 
 Her eyes widened ever so slightly. She blinked blankly up at the tall, lean girl with the simple grey hoodie and jeans. There was something... familiar about this girl which she couldn't really put a finger on to. Smooth, bronze skin... and warm features. Upon closer inspection, she finally concurred that those dark-rimmed glasses, felt rather out of place.
 
The girl ambled casually towards her and she narrowed her eyes critically at the taller girl, trailing her gaze which fell onto the blonde who had suddenly ceased all swiveling and movements in her chair, and seemed to just freeze right there and then.
  
No, the girl isn't moving towards her.
 
Jessica.
 
Sunny had also noted down that from the instance the girl entered the bookstore, not once had her eyes left Jessica. An amused smile tugged at her lips as the girl finally came to a stop right at the counter before the two of them.
  
How interesting.
   
"Hi," greeted the girl in a voice with a deep, husky timbre that was definitely pleasing to the ear. She flickered her eyes off to the blonde and was slightly caught off guard by the smile that had blossomed on her lips. It had been such a long time since she'd seen her smiling like this.
  
She returned her gaze back to the tanned girl who had waltzed into the shop minutes ago, eyes narrowing slightly. Just who was this girl... she was sure she'd seen her somewhere before.
  
"Here for more books again?" There was something about that smile and that tone of Jessica which seemed to imply something else, something Sunny didn't know but was determined to get the bottom of this mystery that was building up by the second.
 
Could the girl be a regular of the shop when she's away?
 
No. If that was the case, she wouldn't have found her familiar in the first place.
 
A regular she'd always had, but didn't pay any attention to?
  
No. Jessica doesn't talk much around the store...
  
Who was this girl?
  
"Nope. Hmm... I'm just wondering if you're free now."
  
And that sent her brows rising up into her hair line as her eyes widened with blatant surprise. A sudden wave of awkwardness hit her as she pursed her lips, trying to keep a straight face as thoughts bombarded her mind.
  
Tanned girl that feels familiar enters shop, Jessica smiles for the first time.
  
Flirting.
 
 Should she be feeling shocked and surprise that Jessica was actually playing for the same team or should be amused that this was her 'hot date' from the other time.
 
 Jessica eyes darted towards her which caused the tanner girl to avert her attention towards her as well. Sunny exchanged glances between the two of them, but her gaze lingered on the strange tanned girl before her. She did a full once over, eyes trailing up from her toes right up to her forehead as she scrutinized at every single corner available.
 
 The girl fidgeted uncomfortably, tugging onto her hoodie which was pulled over her head of dark hair.
 
"I assume that this is your 'hot date' from the other time, hm?" She gave a pointed glance at Jessica who instantly turned rigid, turning beet red, which had confirmed her suspicions. Her eyes flew towards the taller girl now, noticing that she was flushing slightly and was coughing awkwardly into her fist.
 
 Amusing.
 
 "Well, I guess you're here to pick our Jessica up for another date, right?" she directed her full attention at the girl who was avoiding her eyes now, raising a careless brow at her. She turned towards her co-worker. "Well, what are you waiting for? The hot date you've been waiting for, for the whole day, is finally here. Go on and get some!" She ushered her out of the counter and (not so) accidentally pushed her into the tall, tanned girl who instinctively held her by her shoulders to steady her.
 
 "And you." She shoved an accusatory finger at the girl with the hoodie. "I might not know your name but if you ever break her heart, it's welcome to hell for you. Get it?"
 
 "It's Yuri. Kwon Yuri."
 
 And it suddenly clicked. Kwon Yuri. Tanned skin. Dark hair. Tall and lean.
 
 Girls' Generation.
 
 "Idol or not, if Jessica ever comes home crying to either Tiffany or me, you're a goner."
  
"I'll treat her well, from the bottom of my heart." For the first time, Sunny found herself meeting a pair of brown eyes. Deep, dark and honest. She could see that spark of sincerity burning in those eyes and that was all she needed.
  
Her eyes softened considerably as she beamed up at the tanned idol. "I'll put her in your hands now, Kwon Yuri. Remember to send her home safely or else." She grinned, voice laced with warning as her eyes sparked dangerously at the idol who merely gulped and nodded stiffly.
  
 
"I will."
 
 
"Great, now run along and have fun, you two!" She glanced off towards Jessica who had this mortified look on her face, gaping at her like a fish. "I'll handle your shift, to make up from my absent for almost a week. Grab your things; get out of your uniform. I'll give you ten seconds to scram, got it? Your time starts... now! Go, run like the wind, Jessi'!"
 
 
With a final push, the blonde scrambled to her feet and ran.
  
---"So... what have you been up to lately?" started Jessica as soon as they trod up the bus and found themselves a seat in the corner. Yuri scooted close, shifting slightly in her seat as she rubbed the sides of her arms in her weak attempt to generate some heat before sparing her a quick glance.
  
 
"Oh, just some CFs recording and dance practice for the next up-coming single..." She added in a small quirk of her perfectly drawn brow. "Why d’ya ask?"
  
Feeling those dark brown pair of eyes on her, she carefully averted her eyes away to the scenery out of the window as she tried to fight down the raging heat that was surfacing up to her cheeks. "Hmm... it's just that, you've been sounding quite busy over the phone lately... and I don't really want to pull you down..."
 
 
There was that moment when all she heard was that cute yet embarrassed laughter coming from her side and it sent those strange warm butterflies flipping and tumbling in her tummy as she looked off to the corner, pursing her lips while she tried to keep everything in bay. And she was totally caught off guard by what had happened next as the under-cover idol ran her fingers through her blonde locks, tousling it lightly.
 
 
She stole a quick glance from the corner of her eyes, her heart skipping a beat at the sight of that blinding smile of hers.
  
"Well, at least, now I'm free. Right, Sica-yah?"  And she huddled closer towards her such that their shoulders brushed against each other. "Aish, you're so warm..." and she lay her head down on her shoulder, snuggling close.”You're just like warm ice... so warm..."
  
Jessica slanted a gaze at the idol; smiling lightly despite the fact that she knew that she wouldn't be able to catch the sight of her smile. She laid her head over the idol's hooded one, closing her eyes as she took a small whiff.
  
She still smelt the same.
  
Sweet spice and warm summer daisies. 
 
And it was then; the sight of a few stray locks of hair poking out of her hoodie caught her eye as she subconsciously found herself reaching over, treading her fingers lightly through it, letting the silkiness and softness of her hair seep through her fingers.
 
Jessica gave a sigh of bliss, "And you're just like an adorable puppy..." and she tucked the stray locks back into her hoodie.
 
"I wouldn't mind being your puppy though... Woof, woof."
  
Jessica muffled a giggle with her hands, "Yah, you still haven't told me where we're going."

The idol shifted, angling her face up at her as she caught her eyes with a small mischievous grin. Bringing a long slender finger to her lips, she winked. "It's a secret."
 
Upon that, Jessica scrunched her face up in frustration, perking her lips up into a small pout as she shrugged the idol off her shoulder. "You liar, you said you'd tell me when we're on the bus." she gave a playful huff, folding her arms as she brought herself away from the idol, facing the scenery which was whizzing by her quickly.
  
"Aww... is our Sica-yah mad at me?"
 
 It took every single ounce of her willpower to not turn away from the window to face the idol once more right there and then despite the nagging voice in her head telling her to do so. And without warning, the idol went for her arm, locking it with her own, hugging it close to her chest as she drew herself close.
  
Jessica could feel every single strand of hair on her body standing as she'd never been so conscious of how close the idol's face was before. One abrupt movement and her face would very well be right in the idol's face.
  
She bit her lips hard as her heart raced, throbbing rapidly against her chest. She could feel the tanned idol's warm breath brushing against the side of her cheek, sending tingles down her spine. She held her breath, suppressing a soft gasp when she felt a pair of soft lips grazing the shell of her ear ever so lightly.
  
"Don't be mad, 'kay? I'll give you a surprise, I promise."
 
 She risked a glance towards her side and caught her breath at the sight of the heart-stopping grin the idol had. Still pretending to be mad, she pried her eyes away from the idol, puffing her cheeks up. "Fine."
  
A smooth, musical chuckle.
  
And before she could register what was going on, the idol had her lips pressed against the edge of her cheek in a form of a small peck. "Here, is this enough to appease your rage?" she grinned.
 
Jessica flushed bright red but this time she didn't make any effort of hiding it. With eyes darting all over the place, she mumbled, "Not really..."
  
The idol raised a questioning brow and she forced herself to meet her gaze, but she only managed to hold her stare for a mere five seconds before her eyes wandered down at those pair of pink, plush lips. Her heart thundered heavily as the idol trailed after her gaze and only when she realized what she was looking at that she began to blush, turning red as well.
  
"U-um... Ah, S-Sica-yah, your nails!" Yuri fumbled for her hands, laying out her fingers in front of them. "They're beautiful! Where do you get them done?"
  
She chuckled to herself inwardly at the idol's weak attempt to change and divert the current... rather awkward subject away and had decided to simply play along.
  
"I got them done at the shop near the bookstore."
  
As discreet as possible, she intertwined their fingers together before slumping her head down onto the idol's shoulder and for some apparent reason; it'd seemed to fit better than before. She inched closer to the idol, catching the sudden hitch of breath, as she nuzzled her shoulder, inhaling in her unique scent.
  
"Hmm... your shoulder's like a soft pillow... I'm going to have a short nap now. Wake me up when we reach, 'kay, Yuri-yah?"
 
 
Giving her hand a soft squeeze, the idol muttered softly. "K-kay'..."
 
  
Closing her eyes, Jessica allowed herself to indulge in the pleasant warmth of her shoulder. And before long, she found herself drifting off to sleep.
 
  
---
 
  
"OH MY GOOOOOOOD!"
 
  
And in the next second, her scream was drown out by the several other screams that seemed to surround her, enveloping her as she clung on to the safety bar for her dear life whilst screaming her lungs out. She could feel the chill of the wind blasting into her face as her hair whipped about wildly in the air. Her stomach was churning incessantly and she could feel herself going queasy as the wave of nausea hit her hard.
  
The rollercoaster did another dip and she white-knuckled the safety bar, allowing its iciness to seep into her palms while another scream escaped from .
 
 
"Yah, Sica-yah, open your eyes! THIS IS AWESOME!"
  
The under-cover idol who had been sitting by her side all this while gave a shout of exhilaration. It was then she decided to risk herself a tiny little peek. A little peek wouldn't kill right?
  
With nails digging into the safety bar which was securely placed over her, she cautiously lifted an eyelid but she instantly squeezed her eyes shut the moment the ride rocked towards the side violently. She was on the verge of tears; she could feel it searing the edges of her eyes.
  
She pursed her lips, swallowing back another scream as her hands trembled and shook in fear.
  
Why in the world did she even agree to this in the first place?
 
She recalled fervently protesting against this... crazy idea.
 
Why did she have to melt under her smoldering gaze and heart-stopping smile of Puppy Yul? It just didn't make any sense.
  
And as if god had finally answered her prayers, the ride came to a stand-still as the safety bar whizzed open. She braced herself, gingerly fluttering her eyes open as she shakily made her way out of the cabin. Knees wobbling like jelly, she found it hard to stand as the whole world seemed to spin right before her very eyes. She could still hear the blood droning against the walls of her ears as the adrenaline surged through her veins, keeping her in high alert.
 
"Sica-yah, you okay?" came a deep, husky voice and all she could muster was a nod of her head as her fingers instinctively went for her temples. "Let's get you a place to sit down, alright?" she nodded weakly again as a warm hand slipped into hers and she found herself being guided away from the ride. "Here, sit." And she complied. Knees buckling, she slumped down into the seat Yuri had found.
  
She scrubbed at her eyes, fogged with tears as she sniffled, swallowing hard. She tried to freshen up by taking in deep breaths, all the while, holding onto the hand which was securely held by her.
  
"Better?"
 
"Y-yeah... Better."  She let out a quivering breath as she flashed her a side-glance, nodding profusely.
 
The idol let out a soft sigh and frowned. "I shouldn't have forced you to ride it with me... It's all my fault, forgive me?" she flashed her a look. It was the same one which had won her over before that whole... hell-ish experience.
 
She shivered, shaking her head as she sighed, muttering to herself. "Remind me to never fall for that... 'puppy-look' again..."
  
The idol let out a chuckle of amusement and in that moment, she tried slipping her hand away to which it was caught and captured again by Jessica who shot her a sharp look of warning. "Don't let go, I'll need you for support. Count this as your pay-back for asking me to ride that... thing."
 
The tanned idol flashed her a look of amusement, grinning toothily at her. "Since asking you to get on that ride with me ended up with such a nice pay-back... Let's ride it again!"
  
"NO!" The blonde exclaimed, eyes flashing with horror.
 
"I'm just kidding, Sica-yah."
 
"Yah, you fool!" And she gave a playful slap on the idol's shoulder.
 
Yuri muffled her chuckle, eyes twinkling down at her as she gave a goofy little grin, nibbling on her lips. She raised her hands up in defeat, feigning exhaustion but it didn't keep her from losing that grin. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry..." Her eyes wandered off from her face for a split second and in that moment, she froze. Gradually, a smile began lifting off from the corner of her lips as her entire features lit up in anticipation. "Sica-yah! Let's ride that next!"
  
She knitted her brows, hand subconsciously reaching for her chest at the thought of the crazy rollercoaster ride all over again. "Oh hell no, it's late. And if this is going to be another..." she trailed off, eyes trailing after the idol's as her jaw slackened, mouth parting ever so slightly. Her eyes peered off into the distance, following after the idol's pointed finger.
 
 "Let's get on that one. Last ride before we leave, I swear."
  
Her eyes fell onto the idol once more and she gulped, bracing herself and eyes away.
 
 Damned, it was that 'look' again. That 'look' which she can never ever look away from without melting into a pile of Jessica-goo.
 
She gave a defeated sigh, bringing her hands together as she breathed into her palms. "Fine... That ride doesn't look too bad..."
 

"Come on, let's go, Sica-yah!" Before she could even respond to that, she was hauled up to her feet and in a blink of an eye, she was lugged away by their linked hands, trying to keep up with the idol's fast pace.
  
All she could do in that moment was blink and to match her pace with the idol's hurried steps, but after noting down the enthusiasm of her grin with that tiny spark that was gleaming brightly in her eyes, she smiled. She just couldn't help but think that when caught in a situation like this, the idol was like a thirteen-year-old stuck in a twenty-three-year-old body. She still had that innocence of a child and that child-like twinkle that shone in her eyes which came off as rather endearing and sweet to her.
 
It made her heart flutter.
  
And before she knew it, they were up in one of the cabins of the Ferris Wheel.
 
 
"Wah, it's warm here too..." The idol scooted over to the furthest end by the window as she stole a peek out of the window, beaming. "Ah, it's moving pretty slowly isn't it?"
  
Jessica huddled close to the idol, sharing body heat as she too, gazed out of the window, awed by the scenery. "Yeah..."
 
  
Yuri peered over at her, shifting slightly as she adjusted herself such that Jessica had some room for herself as well. Gingerly, she slung an arm over her shoulder as she held her close, sharing the view out of the window as the Ferris Wheel ascended up into the air at a slow, gradual pace.  And they stood in this position for a couple of minutes in silence, admiring the scenery out of the Ferris Wheel as the world seemed to drew further away from them; to the point when all they saw were the colorful lights of the carnival and tiny dots of people scurrying around on the ground.
 
"Ah, look at the stars, Sica-yah!"
 
And for a split second, the memory of their phone call from days ago, flashed before her eyes. The memory was faint, almost like a ghost wandering about in her mind, but at that very point when the idol had pointed out the sparkling stars in the dark seamless sky, it shot at her like a tidal wave, overwhelming her in a second.
 
  
"Ahh... If only you're here right now, the stars are shining real bright tonight and maybe you could sing to me in person. That would be a wish come true." 

  
"Yuri-yah..." she coughed albeit awkwardly but somehow, managing to attract the attention of the tanned idol who turned to face her curiously. And she knew, it was now or never. Make it or break it. She braced herself, heaving in deeply as she allowed her voice to carry her away.
 
 

"Manheun sigan soge byeonhagetjiman,"
(Although as time passes, we may change,)

 

"Du son nochi ankireul."
(Let's not let go of our hands.)

 
 
She reached for the idol's hand with eyes never once leaving her face. Eyes never once faltered the moment she began singing as she sung her heart out, pouring every ounce of her feelings into the voice that rung out throughout the cabin of the Ferris Wheel.
 
 

"Just for love yeongwontorok, majimagil sarang..."
(Just for love, let's let this be our last love forever...)

 

"Geudaegil baraeyo..."
(I wish for that...)

 
 
"To make my life complete."

 
 
Jessica gulped, soughing in deeply as she brought Yuri's hand right up to her chest, where her heart lay. Secretly, a part of her hoped that Yuri wouldn't feel the erratic thumps of her heart and the anxiety and nervousness which were currently coursing through her veins. However the other part of her (the biggest part), wanted her to feel the happiness and appreciation she had for her that was currently in sync with every throb of her heart.
 

"You make my life complete..."

 
  her lips sheepishly, she averted her eyes away from the idol, who was currently grinning ear to ear, awkwardly, dropping her hand from her chest but still having tightly in her grasp, nonetheless. "There, I've granted your wish." She forced herself to raise her chin at her, meeting the idol's smiling gaze.
  
"Yeah, you did... So, I guess it's my turn to grant your wish now."
  
"My wish..."
  
Jessica pondered for awhile, allowing the silence and the beauty of the night wash over her thoroughly. She was all that she had ever wanted. It had been such a long time since she had last experienced that strange euphoric feeling of just hearing someone's voice or simply being beside them. It was... strangely fresh and refreshing. When she's away from her, even for a couple of days, time seemed to slow down and she’d have that feeling of... emptiness.
 
 And when she's back, the world seemed to light up. She was just contented at hearing those hearty chuckles, cordial smiles that warmth the coldest corner of her heart. It didn't matter whether she was an idol or not, or whether this feeling she had after meeting her was just an obsession than an infatuation, it didn't matter anymore. The fact still stays true. The fact that, she completed her.
  
Now, sitting in the cabin right beside her, despite everything, she still couldn't ignore the loud drumming of her heartbeats that was calling out to her, instructing her to carry out her heart wishes as she turned over at Yuri, eyes shining with an odd sense of determination, capturing her eyes intently.
  
She had made up her mind.
  
"Kiss me."
 
It was funny how those two simple words managed to earn such a big reaction from the one and only Kwon Yuri from the nation girl group, Girls' Generation. The renowned idol couldn't even suppress the gasp that had crept its way out of as she widened her eyes in surprise.
 
 Yuri gulped, looking entirely bashful as she lowered her gaze, blushing furiously. "You sure? You wouldn't regret it, would you?"
  
She smiled, lifting a finger as she lightly graze the side of her tanned cheek, easing herself up to the girl. "If it's from you... No, I wouldn't regret it. Never."
  
Yuri bravely tilted her head up at her, locking their gaze as she searched her eyes soulfully and she left herself unguarded and vulnerable for the first time ever, letting herself out in the open for her to see. And it was only then, Yuri finally stopped with the nibbling of her lips nervously, a determined spark claiming her eyes as she inched closer towards her.
 
Jessica held her breath, closing her eyes and she took in everything she could in that moment.
 
The light, happy tinkle of music from the amusement park.
 
The warmth of her fingers, intertwined with hers.
  
The sweet, unique scent of spice and summer.
  
Her quivering breaths that matched Yuri's own breathing.
  
And her warm, moist breath against her lips.
 
She could feel her close, probably merely centimeters apart now. Even though it was winter and the weather was freezing outside, it felt strangely warm in here, almost as if she was sitting in a sauna while she await for that magical moment for their lips to meet.
  
And they did.
 
They were soft— very soft— as they very lightly brushed the tip of her lips as if testing the waters before finally slipping into a chaste kiss. Lips moving against one another, she pulled her close, unhooding her in the moment as she tangled her fingers in her lock of dark hair while Yuri angled her head in a position such that she could fully capture her lips.
 

Her heart soared and in that second, everything didn't matter anymore. All that mattered was that she was here, beside her; and most importantly, kissing her. She had so wanted that moment to never end and for it go on and on like a continuous cycle. But she knew, despite her selfish, conceited wishes, that they would have to part sooner or later.

 
 And the spell casted on the two of them ended.
 
 Yuri drew away, albeit reluctantly, for air, gazing down on her as she did the same, allowing herself to drown in those chocolate pools of her dark, brown eyes. Jessica smiled, leaning forth as she pecked her lightly on her lips. "Thanks for the wish, my genie."
 
 "Aish, you even messed up my hair..." Giving a playful pout, Yuri ran a finger through her hair before tucking them back in her hood where they belonged.
 
 "Yah! I can't believe after all that, you only care for your hair?" Yuri shot her a sheepish grin, reaching over for her fingers, interlacing them together as she watched them fall in place with the gaps between her own fingers.
 
 "They fit perfectly too..." she murmured to herself before reverting her attention back at the blonde. She smiled and there was that hint of longing and nostalgia in it. "You know... Sica-yah, I never tell anyone this, but when I think of you... When I start to miss you..." 

She brought her hand up to her chest and her breath hitched. "Your muffler, I'd wrap it around my neck and close my eyes," Jessica allowed herself to fall into the rhythm of her heartbeats and for the first time, she realized that the idol was apparently just as nervous as she was with her heart rapidly thumping against her palm, "and it'll feel like you're here, beside me."
 
She grinned.
  
And Jessica thought that, that had got to be her brightest grin she'd ever seen since the very first time she'd met her.
 
"I like you. A lot. I might be an idol, I might be a girl, but still... you complete me. So, let's try to make this work."
 
And with that, Jessica could no longer contain herself as she threw her arms around the tanned girl, drawing her as close as possible. She grinned, smiling widely.
  
"We'll make this work, I promise."
 
 Pulling away to meet her gaze, they found themselves breaking into a hopeful smile before once again, leaning back in to share another kiss under the moonlight.


"Yeah... We will make this work."
 


'And let this be our last love forever.'
 
 
 
---