Two Different World

Tamed

The top of her pencil taps against her lowest lip as she attentively listened to the lecturer in front of her. One moment, she was nodding her head, agreeing with what was taught, another moment, she was scratching her head in confusion. After mentally reminding herself to revise for this topic again when she reaches home, Nicole's attention was diverted back to the lecturer.

It was not long before laughter was heard outside and almost instantly, most of the girls in the class gasped in delight as they rushed towards the window side and squealed at what they see. Nicole's place was right beside the window, and she love her seat, she love how the sunlight shone in when it's summer, well, except for times like this, when her place was always being 'attacked' by the girls, of course. Nicole stared out of the windows, and no surprise, she saw the same group of boys who was leaving the campus happily and openly when school have obviously just started not long ago. Nicole frowned as she shook her head disapprovingly, it's true that University provides more freedom than high school, but she don't get why they would be here if they're not even interested in their studies.

Life is never fair, while Nicole have to study hard enough to obtain her scholarship to be here, some people doesn't even treasure the chance of being here. Watching most of her classmates being shooed back to their seats by the lecturer, Nicole heaved a sigh of relief at the end of commotion as she could finally divert her attention back to her History lesson.

Little did she know, there was a pair of eyes amongst the group of boys who actually looked up in her direction.

-

Dongwoon never failed to notice the girl who always had her hair tied up neatly when she came to school, but strands of hair out of her ponytail everywhere when she started her lesson. He had noticed her long ago, where amongst all the crazy screaming and eyes that seems to eat him and his friends , there was a girl who wasn't like that. She probably didn't realize how he had paid attention to her, and how he could see her clearly, because she never even tried to hide her disgust at them in politeness.

At first, Dongwoon thought she was just trying to act differently to get their attention, but when he saw how she rolled her eyes when she received Doojoon's birthday invitation card in her locker(which all the girls in the school did, anyway) and threw it away in the bin straight away, he was sure she was different.

"Are you sure about this?" Yoseob asked, chasing the thoughts out of Dongwoon's mind. Yoseob tried to place his arm over Dongwoon's neck, but it requires a lot of stretching and tip-toe before he finally gives up, "damn, what did you eat exactly?"

Doojoon chuckled as he did the same like Yoseob, except that he did it in a relaxed manner and Dongwoon laughed at the their immature acts.

"Drink more milk, Yoseob." Dongwoon said, his smiling eyes then slowly turned into a firm stare, "and yes, I'm sure about this."

He had enough of Minho and his group of friends finding trouble with him frequently just because Minho's ex girlfriend was all over him the other night in the club. Things have to come to an end eventually, and his only solution was to face it once and for all.

"Are you sure Minho would come alone? I mean, what if he broke his promise and turned up with his group of friends, you know him....." The idea of Minho and Dongwoon promising to not bring any of their friend along tonight just doesn't seems right to Doojoon, he knew Dongwoon would keep to his promise, but Minho, he just wasn't sure about that.

"Yeah I agree with Doojoon, at least tell us where you will be meeting him tonight." Yoseob added but Dongwoon just smiled.

"I'll be okay, guys. I will be." Dongwoon avoided the question as he patted both his friends' back as a sign of assurance.

-

Nicole

Is my key pouch with you? I can't find them anywhere and I am outside my house T^T

From: Jiyoung

After scrambling through her bag, Nicole indeed found Jiyoung's key pouch and she chuckled, Jiyoung have probably placed it in her bag accidentally again. Glancing at her watch, Nicole realize it's already 9 pm and she was in the midst of revising, but she reckoned Jiyoung would need her keys urgently as both her parents were overseas. Throwing a sweater over herself, she quickly replied Jiyoung that she will meet her outside her house now.

Nicole shivered as she rubbed her palms against each other, the night was pretty cold and the surrounding was already dark with some of the lamp post's light flickering only. It was nothing new to her, the only place she could afford to pay rent for is somewhere far away from the busy and bright streets. She was afraid in the beginning, that whenever she came home late from her part-time job, she actually raced home. But now that she's been here for so long, she realized that except for the people who lived here, no one would even bother to come to such isolated place.

"Argh....."

Nicole froze in her footsteps for a few seconds, and she slowly turned back, only to find nobody, no source of the noise. She turned in front again and slapped her cheeks, mumbling to herself, "there is no ghost in this world, no ghost, no ghost,no-"

"Argh!"

"WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! HELP! HELP! HE-lp?" Her initial scream turned into a small whisper as she saw a figure walking out of the alley unsteadily in front of her. She tilted her head as she watches how the person groaned in pain, but she couldn't see the face because it was just so dark.

When the figure was closer to her, she realize he was a guy, judging from his build. And when he got even closer, her eyes widened.

"SON DONGWOON?!"

Yes, she knew his name. She knew the name of his friends too, in fact, who doesn't? Nicole just didn't realize the fact that she had to call out this name ever in her life because she swore never to cross path with them. She heard Dongwoon chuckle and she was unpleased again, was he so proud that his name was known? She bet he doesn't even recognize her. And wasn't he in pain?!

Indeed, Dongwoon was chuckling but not at her, he was just happy that she did know who he was after all.

"Wh-what happen?"

She doesn't like him, but as much as she would like to leave straight away, she couldn't bring herself to, not when she could see the injury on his forehead, someone must have use something hard to hit him, and Nicole was sure again that she shouldn't be involved with such person who have such complicated life, but she just couldn't leave him like that, could she?

"Do you have plaster?"

Nicole nodded slowly as she searched her bag for it. She have always had some plasters with her because at times, she may scald herself with the hot drinks accidentally during her work. She motioned Dongwoon to take the plasters from her hands but he just sighed dramatically.

"I wished I could, but....."

Nicole frowned, is he really the cold and cool Son Dongwoon from her school who doesn't even seems like he would groan or sigh like that? With a slight doubt and annoyance, Nicole peeled the plaster but couldn't paste it on the injury because Dongwoon's height was in the way again.

"Bend down." Nicole said, almost in a ordering tone. She was surprised at her own action too, but he's the one who needed her help now right, so he ought to listen to whatever she says.

And he did.

He bend down almost immediately and their eyes met at the same level, Nicole was a little caught back but she quickly gained her posture back as she gave a cough, nervously, before pasting the plaster on his injury, hard. She saw Dongwoon shut his eyes tightly in pain and she was guilty straight away, then she realize she didn't even place the plaster accurately and a part of the wound is still visible. Nicole stuck her tongue out unknowingly as she took out yet another plaster, and pasted it across the injury again, forming a 'X'.

Dongwoon was staring at her all along, observing all her expressions. He didn't even remember that he was actually in pain mintues ago. Although he had a bad night with Minho who did keep to his promise by turning up alone yet attacked Dongwoon with a bat lying on the floor when Dongwoon wanted to help him up, he wasn't angry at all. He didn't even know the place Minho chose was near where Nicole stayed, because as much as he was curious about her, he wasn't that interested yet to know everything about her, but tonight he changed his mind.

Sensing the silence and awkwardness, and that he was now probably fine already, Nicole decided it was time for her to go, she still needed to find Jiyoung and she was already late for so long.

"I'm going!" Nicole said and without waiting for Dongwoon to reply, she had already ran off.

Dongwoon stared at her back as he watches her, before his lips curve up, "Thank you, Minho."

 

 

 

 

First chapter is always the hardest )':
And the inspiration I first have seems to be disappearing slowly argh......

By the way, I really love Dongwoon's hair like the one you see here, it just gives off this bad boy vibe, yes? And Nicole, although I love her bob hair as well, but she definitely look more demure in her long hair like this! ^-^

.taintedrose