One.

Time will Heal

"Dr. Choi, we need you in room 210 right now!" 

"Her heartbeat is dropping!" "Okay get the shocker, now! Shocker ready?" "Clear! ... Clear! Her heart is back. A pulse of 67. Good work Dr. Choi." Minhee gave the nurse a nod and left the room.

 

Minhee was walking towards the ICU when a little boy came running up to her, "Dr. Choi! I have a present for you." The little boy put a apple lollypop in her hand with a smile and ran away. Minhee looked at the little boy running back to her room and back at her hand, she closed her eyes with distress for a brief moment before heading to the ICU.

"How is he doing?" "Nothing has changed since last night, Dr. Choi. His aneurysm caused a lot of damaged in his brain and the blood hasn't fully dissolved." Minhee took a quick glance at the man on the bed with tubes coming out of his head, mouth, and arms. She gave a sigh looking at his file, "okay, keep an eye on him and page if there's any changes." 

Minhee headed to the locker room to change and pack up to go home. She has been in the hospital for the past 54 hours. This is not even close to her all time record of 78 hours in the hospital working. For the past 7 years that she has worked at Seoul National Hospital,  she has worked hard to become of one the best Cardiothoracic Surgeon in the nation. 

"Minhee" 

"What do you want Dr. Byul?" "Woah there no need to add the Dr., it sounds weird coming from you." Minhee turned to look at her friend smiling and shaking her head while grabbing  her clothes from her locker. Byul rolled her eyes, "Well anyways, Dr. Minhee, I just want you to know that tonight we are going to a banquet." Minhee stopped what she was doing and stared at her long-time bestfriend, "wait what? Who? When? Why? Me?" Byul snickered at her face expression, " We. Me and you. Tonight. Because I need someone to go with and plus we get to meet surgeries from across the world! Aren't you excited?!" 

"I can't believe I let you drag me to this." Minhee said while sending laser glares at Byul. "Oh come on Minhee! You need to loosen up a little. All you do is work, work, work, and more wok. You need to relax and have some fun. Come on let's go in!" Byul grabbed Minhee's hand dragging her into Timeless Muesum where the banquet was held at.

 

"Attention, please."

Minhee and Byul turned and looked at the stage where a man, who they knew very well, that is in his late 50s' early 60s' holding a glass of gold sparkling champagne

"I want to thankyou to all the surgereons from the great hospitals around the world. As the Chief of Surgeons at Seoul National Hosptial, I was given an opportunity to hold this event to allow my surgeon to meet and learn from other great surgeons around the world. I want to thank everyone for coming to this event and I hope that everyone here meets someone whom they can learn and gain tips from. Have a great night everyone." 

Everyone clapped as the chief, Dr. Moon, walked down from the stage. "Aren't we lucky to have such an amazing Chief like Dr. Moon? He's so kind, but strict at the same time." Byul couldn't help but stare in awe as she stared at Dr. Moons charisma. 

Minhee and Byul were talking to a group of Neurosurgeons from Love Tech. Hospital of Japan. Minhee was laughing, learning new information, and making new friends - something she hasn't done in a very long time.

"Dr. Choi and Dr. Eun, can you come over here for a second?" Minhee and Byul turned to the group of surgeons to excused themselves as they followed to Chief to a nearby table. "Is their something wrong Chief?" "No, I just wanted you 2 to meet some people." Minhee and Byul glanced at each other,  Byul groaned and whispers to Minhee, "What if he wants to transfer us? I love it here! FML whyyy?¿"

"Dr. Kim? I like you to meet my best surgereons at Seoul National Hosptial."  " Please, Cheif call me Jongin. You practically saw me 24/7 when I was in medical school." "Ahh yes, I remember those days. You've have grown up pretty well haven't you? Well, I  introduce you my best Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Dr. Choi Minhee and my best Neonatal Surgeon, Dr. Jung Eun Byul." 

Byul and Minhee gave Jongin a small and shook his hand. "Jongin here, is also an Cardiothoracic Surgeon from England Heart Hospital and will be transferring to Seoul National Hospital. He will be the other attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon." Minhee had an unreadable expression on her face. Byul gave a couple of glances at Minhee as the Chief and Dr. Kim were chatting it off. 

 


   soooo guys how was it? I'm still new to the whole medical terms, so stay with me. Remember to subscribe, comment,upvote :)