TCL 3: The Will

This Cruel Life.

            Jiyeon waited for her favourite bacon and ham sandwich being made before headed to the office. Her heart felt so hard to step into the office but what can she do since the lawyer is too busy to come to her. So, willing or not she needed to come. Since, it’s her daddy’s last will. Mummy daddy, I miss you, she thought.

            “Here miss, your order,” the waitress hand the sandwich to her.

            She thanked the waitress and walks away. When she was about to walk out of the café, she bumped into someone. Her sandwich fell to the ground. The person she bumped into just look at her fallen sandwich and walk away.

            “Excuse me, student!” she called. For her, that was rude!

             The person she called turn back, looking at her. He looked around before looking back at her.

             “Me?” the person asks.

             “Yes you,” she said. The person she bumped into walk to her, innocently. “You bumped into me, wasted my haven’t eaten yet sandwich and walk away innocently? Where are you manners? Didn’t your teacher at school teach you to respect other people?” she asks strictly.

             The person smirk and pull off the sunglasses.

            “First, I am not a student. I probably older than you, dirty girl. Second, I do have manners. That’s why I didn’t scold you for not using your eyes while walking and just walk away. And lastly, it’s not my fault that your sandwich fell. You are the one who’s completely blind. Besides, it’s not weird to suddenly fell off the sandwich from your hand when you see such a handsome guy like me,” the guy said, smiling so charmingly.

             Jiyeon smirk this time.

            “I may look dirty or whatever you say, but I’m pretty sure I’m older. One more thing, what kind of manners bumping into someone and not apologizing? Lastly, you sure are handsome,” Jiyeon said. The guy smile proudly. “But, I’m sure it’s a plastic surgery,” she said and left the café.

             The guy jaw dropped.

 


             “You better tell me where is my Jihyun?” Jaehyun threat Chen boldly.

             “Hyung, Qri noona already told you not to call her Jihyun. She will be mad if she heard you called her by that name. You know she hated it. You know she never wanted to be call Jihyun again,” Chen nags. This guy seriously talk a lot, Jaehyun thought.

             “Don’t change the topic. Just tell me where did she go. Why didn’t she tell me? Why did she insist to not letting me following her?” Jaehyun talked to himself.

             “Hyung, stop following her already. She’s airless, don’t you know? She needs some privacy for herself too. If you keep doing this, I’m afraid she’ll hate you,” Chen advised him.

             “What if anything happened to her? Will you responsible?” Jaehyun scold Chen. He back off. Somehow feel scared of the over protective Jaehyun.

             “Nothing will happen to her. She’s a grown up girl. She knows how to take care of herself,” Chen told him confidently. But, the respond he got is that Jaehyun glare at him scarily.

             “What is it here? Baby, what’s wrong?” a cute little girl suddenly appeared. Both of the guy look at her. Chen finally can pull a smile. The girl took a sit beside Chen.

             “Mina-ah, please tell this stubborn hyung that Qri noona will be fine. That she can take a good care of herself. It’s not like she’s going for a war or something,” Chen complained.

             “Oppa, stop it. You’re being too protective, you know? It’s not like Qri unnie is your girlfriend or wife something. She have her own life, okay? Don’t you realize? Qri unnie starting to avoid you because of your protectiveness,” Mina nagged Jaehyun this time.

              “Yah, Kwon Mina! This Jongdae guy also not your boyfriend or husband something, why are you calling him baby?” Jaehyun replied, narrowing his eyes.

              “At least, I’m not being that over protective freak,” Mina said.

             “Shut up,”

 


             “Hi, Lawyer Yoon? I’m Park Jiyeon. Mr. and Mrs. Park’s daughter,” Jiyeon greeted as soon as she entered the lawyer’s room. Lawyer Yoon smile to her and invite her to sit down on the couch inside his office.

            “So, you’re here to hear the will, right?” Lawyer Yoon asks. Jiyeon nods.

            “What kind of will did daddy left me? Don’t tell me that the will consists of me needs to get married or something like how the typical rich parents does?” Jiyeon made an assumption. Lawyer Yoon chuckled.

             “No, it’s not. Don’t worry. But, it is his property will. So, should I begin?” Lawyer Yoon asks. Jiyeon nods.

             “Yes please,” she said.

             “Okay, so I’ll start now. Regarding to the will, Mr. Park has left you 60% of his assets for you and that includes the company in Seoul, Gimhae, and Busan, the estate in Ilsan and Bundang, also the house he built for you at Jeju Island by the beach. I’ve take a look. It’s a nice house,” he said.

             “Daddy built a house for me?” Jiyeon asks. He nods.

             “Yes. He said it’s for your wedding gift. He said to include it inside the will if he couldn’t make it to give it to you when you’re married. Okay, I’ll continue. Another 30% is your mother’s, but since she’s also gone, it stated here that if your mother couldn’t receive the assets, it will be given to you. The 30% includes the house you’re staying, another company in Suwon, and the restaurants near Gangnam. If I’m not mistaken there’s 4 or 5 restaurants in Gangnam belongs to your father. Lastly, another 10% will be given as a charity that he had stated here,” Lawyer Yoon said and shows Jiyeon the lists of orphans and disabled homes.

             “The total of daddy’s shares is 100%? What happened to the other shareholders?” Jiyeon ask Lawyer Yoon after take a look at the lists.

             “Actually, there are no other shareholders. There have never been other shareholders. It’s a hereditary property,” Lawyer Yoon said. She nod, understand.

             “I never know daddy is a billionaire. His wealth is much more than I could imagine,” Jiyeon mumbled to herself. But, loud enough for Lawyer Yoon to heard her.

             “Yes, that’s true. In this field, not everyone knows that Mr. Park is a successful businessman and is a billionaire. I can list out for you the only company that merge with JY Corporation who knows about your daddy’s assets,” Lawyer Yoon said.

             “Do I need to lead the company?” Jiyeon asks.

             “Yes. That’s what you supposed to do,” Lawyer Yoon said.

             “But, I’m still young. I’m just 24,” she told him.

             “It’s okay. Your daddy’s trustful worker is ready to help you lead the company,” Lawyer Yoon ends his talk with a smile.

 

Heyy! I just wanted to send my big gratitude to all my readers and subscribers for the support and all the links I've put throughout the process of making this fanfic are coming from the Google. It is 100% not mine and it was used just for imgination. Please know that it is also not from Seoul or any places in South Korea. It is just all my imagination wink