TCL 18: The Uncovered

This Cruel Life.

POV
I-III : Jiyeon's
II : Sehun's


I.

           “…was the most funniest thing that night is, I hit something really hard and nothing happened to me. So, I just went back home like that,”

            That was the most funniest thing I’ve ever heard in my whole life too. The most funniest yet the most hurtful. I hope it was a dream. I hope it was a dream that I heard those words coming out from his mouth. Did hit something really is the funniest thing for him? Could hit something that he meant was hit someone? No. Not someone. It’s two. Some ‘two’. Not some ‘one’.

 

Flashback

            “Can I watch the CCTV?” I ask the person in charge observing the CCTC for the night mummy and daddy was hit by the car. He smiles and nods, willing to let me in order for me to find out the killer although he knows that is impossible since it’s the hospital policy. ‘Whatever shown in the CCTV is private and no one is allowed to see the recording unless the police for the sake of investigation’

            I look carefully on the screen. “Stop,” I said. When the screen shows the scene where mummy and daddy was hit. “Could you please zoom in to the driver?” and he did. But it was unfortunate.

            “The face is not clear. I’m sorry that the video is on bad quality,” the guy said. I shook.

            “It’s not your fault. It’s okay. Can you zoom in to the plat number instead?” I ask. He nods and triple click on the screen. 49£2610. The car plate number is 49£2610. I’ll keep that in mind. “Thank you for your help,” I tap the guy shoulder, thanking him and left.

Flashback end

            I immediately grab my handbags on the wooden chair and left to my car. I don’t care if it’s midnight since the police station is a 24 hours service. I speed the car into the maximum value and went straight to the police station. I unbuckle the seatbelt and walk in. All pair of eyes in the police station fixes on me. I walk to one of the officer.

            “I need to ask for your help,” I said. “Regarding my parents death,”

            “Please have a sit,” he said. I took a sit in front of him. He types something on the computer board before looking back at me. “Please talk,” he said, smiling.

            “It’s a hit and run,” I told him before taking a deep breath. “It happened about two months ago. I thought of investigating it myself and that’s why I don’t come for the police. But, I’m not able to do that anymore. I need to know the truth,” I told him. He nods.

            “While investigating, did you get or found any evidence?” he asks. I nod.

            “The plate number. I have the plate number. I just got back from the hospital, where my parents were hit. I ask the guy who responsible to observe that night CCTV to play the CCTV recording. It’s not my right to get the copy so I need your help to get it for me. I’m not going to sue the one who hit. I just want to know who. So, if you can help, get me the copy from the hospital and get me the warrant to check the renter of the car,” I said, eagerly.

            “Did you mean, your parents were hit by someone and that someone rent the car?” the police officer asks. I nod.

            “Yes, so if you could help me. I’m so relief,” I said.

            “I can help you get those,” he said. I sigh in relief and smile. “But it will take time. So, leave your name and phone numbers and fill in some form. We’ll call you when we have the evidence you’re asking for,” he said. I nod and thank him.

 

2 days later.

            “Miss Park?” I pick up my ringing phone to hear that.

            “Yes, I’m speaking. Who is this?” I ask.

            “This is the police officer you met two days ago. I’ve got what you want. So, if you’re free, can you come to the police station because you need to fill in some forms and get the approval from the superiors before getting the evidence,” he said.

            “I’ll come now,” I said and hung up.

            It only takes 30 minutes from the office to the police station since I drove the car like crazy. I don’t even take all my things and just my handbag that was a gift from Jieun when she launches her boutique when I walk inside the police station.

             “Good afternoon, Miss Park,” the officer greet me. I smile and greet him back. “Please follow me to the superior,” he said and I did what I should.

            Everything is settled within an hour at the police station. I rush to the car rental that I went two months ago to check on the renter list. I met again the guy that chased me out two months ago. I’m sorry bro, but now I have the warrant.

            “Thank you,” I thank him for the list. I look through the list.

             And gasp.

 


II.

            I keep trying to call her since that night but she’s not picking up the call. What had happened actually? Why did she cry? Why did she left just like that? I really need an explanation. Seeing her left while crying, it is somehow hurt me inside. I try to call her again but it is a voicemail. She really wouldn’t pick up the call. Just now when I call, it is still no one answering. But now, the phone is off. Means, she did hear the call and she did know whose calling, but she insists to not picking up.

            “Sehun-ah, what are you doing at the park? Come inside. Mummy and daddy call you to eat,” Woori shout at me from the back kitchen door. I turn back, looking at her. She frown and was about to enter the house again before I shout her name.

            “Come here for a while,” I said. She walks to me.

            “What?” she asks.

            “Did you have any idea how to meet Jiyeon? I mean, you’re close to her right? Help me meet her. She wouldn’t pick up the call,” I plead. Woori frown again.

            “Why are you like this? Since when did you close to her? Did you two have something going on?” Woori asks. I sigh heavily.

            “Just help please?” I plead again. Showing her my cute puppy eyes.

            “Araso. I’ll call her later. Now, come inside and eat. We’re starving to death waiting for you,” she nags me while walking back again to the kitchen back door.

 


III.

            The scene that I keep asking the rental car owner regarding the person that rent that car the night mummy and daddy was hit keep rewinding in my mind. I want to cry a river but I just can’t. The tears won’t come out. My tears had dried. My feelings are mixing. I feel hurt, I feel sad, I feel angry. I feel all the emotions. I can’t stop thinking the name, the ing name that makes me lose my parents.

            “Jiyeon-ah, why did you call?” suddenly Qri unnie with little Ji Hoon came to me while I’m sitting alone at the café. Yeah, I did call her and everyone but seems like everyone is busy and the only available person is Qri unnie since she will start working tomorrow.

            “I’m sorry to trouble you coming here. You must be busy preparing for tomorrow,” I apologize. Qri unnie smiles and shook.

            “Aniya. It’s okay. Besides, Ji Hoon keep begging on me asking for an ice cream,” Qri unnie pouted, pinching Ji Hoon’s nose lightly. “Ji Hoon, this is the first and last ice cream mummy bought for you, okay? No more ice cream. Your teeth will all disappears if you keep eating ice cream,” cutely, Qri unnie warns her son and he nods. I smile to their childishness.

            “Aigoo unnie~ You shouldn’t be so hard on him. He’s only a kid,” I said.

            “No way. I don’t want my cuties grows up without a perfect clean teeth,” Qri unnie exclaims. I nods, understand before chuckle to her words. “So, what’s up with the call? You sounded so lifeless and sad just now. When we’re talking on the phone. I’m worried to death that I speed my driving coming here,” she said.

            “About mummy daddy’s death, I’ve found the person who hit them,” I told her. She looks so shocked. She took Ji Hoon who is eating the ice cream by smudge on her lap and wipes his lips before responses to my words. She sighs heavily.

            “Who? Is it someone you know?” she asks after a long silence. I nod. I can just only nod. I couldn’t say anything right now. No. I couldn’t say that name. “If you’re not able to say his name, write. If you’re not able to write, nod. Nod when I ask. Can you?” she asks, understanding my current situation. I nod.

            “I heard from Jieun that there’s this one guy who makes your heart flutter recently. Is it him?” she asks. I didn’t nod or shook. I kept my silence. But, Qri unnie patiently waits for my response. For about 10 minutes. “Aren’t you going to answer me?” she asks again. I shook. “Can I just assume it’s true?” she asks again.

            “Can we not talk about that person? Can I just forget about this? Can I just move on with my life? How will mummy and daddy felt up there when they see me not trying to defends their death just because that person….that person…” I can’t continue my words. “I don’t know. Those questions and thoughts keep replaying in my mind,” I said.

            “If you don’t want to talk about it, then keep quiet. I understand how you felt,” she said. We both keep in silent before Qri unnie’s phone ringing. I see her searching for her phone inside her handbag before answering the call.

            “Hmm Jieun-ah, why?” she said, answering the call. Ah~ Jieun. “What?! No. I didn’t receive any call from her. When did she tell you?” Qri unnie shocks. If it’s Jieun calling and the news is shocking, that must be Mina. “Arasso, I’ll come to you now. Text me the location. I’ll bring Jiyeon, she’s with me,” Qri unnie said and hung up.

            “Why?” I ask.

            “Mina’s musical. The lightning fall on her,”