Bridge-000; Law of Violent a

ABS Hero Bank Prologues

Name: Android -0-
Ability: Non-human physique. Created as a killing machine capable to destroy the world.
Danger level: Level 10

In the thick forest, a figure is seen stabbing a human with a blade right at the gut, as he pulls it out of him, letting the body to fall onto the ground.

“Result: Win. One life lose.”

He looks at the man he just killed.

Created as an android, he has no idea why are this people even care to kill each other without any reason to do so.

But maybe that’s just the nature of humanity to wreck havoc.

Still, they exclaimed how much they fight for love and everything nonsense.

Feelings? He didn’t see why such thing even needs to existed in them all.

Why is he even here anyway?

This tournament is created in order to search for the candidate of the current princess of Japanese Empire’s groom. Normal selection of the participants in this case are men, but for some reason the princess handpick even the likes of women, animals and robots.

Even him…

But the Mother Program told him to act as her representative for this match.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The silvery looking android is standing in front of a huge tube, looking at a young woman flies around the tube. Her appearance shows no legs, and the whole body did not stay in one pattern, but instead breaks a bit sometimes.

This is the Japanese Empire’s super computer, Mother Program; code name J1Y30N.

The super computer is looking around the place, with so many holographic screens appearing at the same time.

The screens disappear, with the computer looking at him, “How are you today, 0?”

“Condition: Normal.”

“As tight as always…”

She just smiles, muttering, “I’ve heard about the news. It seems Princess Ham Eunjung has taken a liking on you. What do you think?”

“Subject: Inconclusive.”

Silenced.

“0, for this tournament, I will give you two missions. Would you do it?”

“Mission: Mission not stated.”

“You will always say yes, I guess. Then, I want you to learn more about human emotion.”

“Mission Statement: Human Emotion?”

“Yes. You have been given artificial intelligence along with emotion software, so I want you to put a good use to it.”

“Mission: Use AI operating system and emotion software to the extent. Correction?”

“Whatever you want to call it,” she sighs, “Your second mission is harder. I will want you to infiltrate into deep into the Love Island and search for a way to release me from this prison. It has been too long for me working for these people and I am not sure if I can trust the Japanese Empire anymore.”

“Mission: Release Mother Program from containment. Correct?”

“Good boy.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Emotion? Till now he has no idea what does it really mean, but he feels a bit fascinated by them all. The way they keep on going even after reaching their limit, it is so inconclusive.

“Action: Receiving presence. Searching for heat signature.”

The small eyes of the robot suddenly flash red, moving around the place.

A man appears in front of him, walking toward him, “Calm down, 0. I mean no harm.”

“Scanning: 80 percent similarities to Kyu the Playboy.”

“Woah,” the man chuckles, “Easy there. Just because I have the same face does not mean I am him. I meant no harm on you.”

“Action: Engaging security protocol; code yellow.”

The man mutters, “Just call me Zero, okay?”

“Identification Received: Zero.”

Zero sighs, speaks, “I can see how you still not able to tap into that emotion software of yours. I can help you with that.”

“Question: How?”

“Let me introduce you to another tournament held somewhere far.”

“Mission Protocol: No sidequest.”

“But this Love Tournament of yours is still on hold for more weeks.”

“Mission Protocol: Complete mission no matter what.”

Zero smiles wide, “No matter what? How about I tell you about the reward for this tournament?”

“Question: Reward?”

“The reward is a power which granted you an ability to create a path of your own. With this you can learn on using the OS and the software better while found a way to save your mother.”

“Receiving: Interesting.”

“Good. Then consume this,” he throws a bottle of pills toward the android, as he catches it.

“Question: Object?”

“They are sleeping pills, the only way for you to be registered into the tournament.”

A square hole opens up on the face of the robot, as the bottle flies into the hole as it closes.

Zero stares at the robot, whispering in shock, “You eat that thing whole?”

Electricity runs through his body and Android -0- falls onto the ground, making Zero happy, walking toward the body, “Sorry, but that’s actually death pill. How are we going to extract your soul then?”

He startled, “Wait, can operating system be called as soul?”

He then just shrugs, pulling out a silver smoke out of the body and into a portal.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Name: CLN-002 Ham Eunjung
Ability: Flame manipulation, flame absorption, health regeneration, no pain receptor.
Danger level: 9

Eunjung is seen walking down toward a dungeon, spiraling through the stairs.

She then finally reaches a dungeon, seeing a man tied up on a wall.

Smiling at her, she walks toward the prisoner, speaking, “Shraffe Naqiuddin, also known as Kyu the Playboy… not so strong aren’t you?”

“What? You want to try and see if I’m still strong or not?” Kyu just smirks.

She looks straight at him, looking pissed, “Why on earth did the princess fell for you?”

“I don’t know. Why don’t you just search through your memory bank, miss clone?”

She flinches, pissed off by his words.

It is true that she is just a clone of the princess, created to become her sword.

The princess is forbid to fight, but her mythical ability of controlling flame is superior that they had to create a clone based on her to use her power, and that is her.

This Ham Eunjung grows up as the princess’ shadow, not even able to have her own identity.

She can still feel grateful that the princess befriends her ever since she was born out of tube. She is the royal’s only friend and vice versa.

This bond has made her forget about not having a real identity. She wanted to be with the princess for the rest of her life, even if the job endangers her life. She is disposable after all.

But then that day happened.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eunjung stands still in her knight uniform, looking toward a bed in front of her.

On the bed, the princess, with her appearance but in red dress, is smiling at her, “Sir Eunjung, would you do me a favor?”

“I will do whatever you want me to do, Your Highness.”

“Would you join the Love Tournament for me?”

The knight startled, “Your Highness, what are you saying?”

“I asked you to join the Love Tournament.”

“But I cannot do that. The tournament is held in search for your groom, just like what you asked for. I am no man.”

“But I did not ask for just men to enter the tournament. I am also asking for women and also for anything else to enter the competition, including clones.”

Eunjung is taken aback by these words. What the princess is saying did not make any sense at all. Why would she open the participation for anything?

The princess looks down, “Sir Eunjung, I am afraid that my father is planning something for once. And it involves me.”

“What is it, Your Highness?”

“I did not know, but that’s what I would like to find out.”

“How is my participation will help, Your Highness?”

She looks straight toward the knight, “My father has sent some people from the Empire to join the tournament. If one of them ever wedded to me, they will be able to make use of my powers fully without my consent. He even sent a wild card of his own, the defected CLN-001.”

“The first of your clones?”

“She will be fighting as his blade. If she won, my father will become my husband.”

“But that is forbidden! A father should not marry his own daughter!”

“That is why I want you to fight for me. I can trust you in this fight. You are the only one who is able to see through CLN-001’s mask. But I will need you to be the spy inside the Empire. You will not be alone in this one. I have secretly sent a request for help from Korea Federation. I’m sure they will come to aid me.”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

“Also, if you can, make friends.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And she failed to do so.

Stuck in the mission of being a secret agent, she could not make that one last request from the princess.

Kyu just look at her, “You know, it would be great if you can be your own self. Clones have souls too.”

“You’re wrong. Clones don’t have souls.”

“You want a proof?”

Zero steps out of the shadow, shocking her as she takes out her blade, “Who are you!?”

“Me? I’m just a visitor. And I have a request to ask of you.”

“What’s of it?”

“How about join another tournament while waiting for this tournament to start? There, you can find an answer on whether or not you have a soul.”

A portal appears beside them as she mutters, “I still have mission to do.”

“Don’t worry. It’s going to be a short trip. You will only come back here at the same day as you walk out of here.”

Looking at the portal, Eunjung steps into it and disappears.

Kyu speaks up, “Aren’t you supposed to give her pills to make her die to get to that tournament?”

“Those pills did not work with people lived far from true energy deep within. So they will have to work a bit in going to the tournament, rather than being easily transported by us.”

Zero walks away as the man speaks again, “Aren’t you going to help me?”

“Why should I? The young princess from the Korea Federation is coming to save you. I don’t want to interfere with this world’s affair.”

“Hyomin is going to save me? Why?”

But then the man disappears from the sight, as Kyu mutters, “What a douche.”

 

And thus, the prologue. Short because it is supposed to be short.

Next: Stories from Bridge MLDY. Learn on the woman of guilt; Han Seungyeon and the dead singer, Jugun Nicole.