Part 2

Recall

Still In Love- Jason Chen

( My inspiration for this ff, just sayin :D)

 


I was spot on my hunch as he was walking towards the booth I was currently situated in.

 

I could see that he was frozen for a second as I locked gaze with him and honestly deep down in me it left me breathless and anxiousness oozing out of me.

 

Those orbs that I so want to deny that I didn’t miss looked at me with so much emotions that it was overwhelming for me to stare at any longer making me look away.

 

I thought he would change direction and look at another booth but I was wrong and no doubt surprised that he decided to continue his steps towards me, making me feel his presence that still commanded attention.

 

As he was finally in front of me, with his towering form, he stopped and looked down on me, I could feel this sudden awkwardness wrapping around the both of us but he spoke

 

“Is this seat taken?”

 

I shook my head as a sign of no and then he gently dragged the chair back to allow some space for him to seat in before dragging it back so that he was not that far from reaching the table.

 

The tension between us was covered with thick awkwardness and no one seem to know what word to utter, silence never felt so deafening before.

 

Finally what seemed like an eternity, of course sarcasm laced in it he spoke, making me shiver a little bit as I truly have missed his voice that now seems so foreign yet familiar in my ears.

 

“How has life been?”

 

I was contemplating if I should answer honestly or just say the usual

 

“I’ve been managing to get through it.” I said as I forced a smile to paint my features though it came out as a small unsure smile.

 

“I see.” He replied nodding before a pregnant pause occurred between us.

 

Silence once again dominated the air.

 

“How have you been?” I’ve asked as I have decided to throw him the same question I have been yearning to ask him for quite a long time honestly.

 

“I’ve been fairing as well.” He said that he sounded so nonchalant about it to which I nodded softly.

 

“Ah…. Then that’s good.”  I said as I was at lost to what to say as I felt like this conversation was going nowhere.

 

What seemed to be God’s saving grace, the waiter served his green tea, making our attention to fall on the timid girl who placed Kris’ order and bowing without meeting his eyes, probably intimidated by him, I wouldn’t blame her albeit in our first meeting I find myself the same as her.

 

I can’t help but release a small chuckle as I was suddenly reeled back to that time making him look at me weirdly while arching those thick eyebrows of his with a small upward of the sides of lips.

 

“I’m sorry it’s just your cold city guy aura of yours never failed to intimidate people.” I said while cupping my mouth to seem less rude.

 

He seemed to loosen up a little bit as that gummy smile of him I got used to appeared and lightened up his whole features

 

“I guess I do. Yet they don’t see just how much of a cool, laid back person I am plus I am the Picasso of this modern era.” Kris joked as seemed to also feel that the tension between us was no more present.

 

“Still wasting a lot of canvas I see Mr. Kris Wu.” The tease just naturally came out of me as I always remember how he was so into pushing his drawings as the best when in reality my nephew can draw much better. How I would laugh at his drawings every Christmas as we had a tradition of writing each other greetings and I would find a (supposedly) koala with a heart in the middle and what I always presumed as a witch hat but he would say it’s Santa’s helper’s hat.

 

“And you still have the habit of making fun of my awesome drawing skills, as I see it Ms. Lee Sungjee.” Kris’ gummy smile that I found so cute in the past, I am still denial to admit that I still do found it cute, finally painted his face as I was sure that the cautious atmosphere around us was no more.

 

 “You knew just how much it amuses me to the point I go with the flow; buying you brush sets and all.” I said as I was thinking back of the days when we were both free and had nothing to do then he would drag the easel to the living room then he’d dragged me with him saying he would paint me and I would sit there for hours steadying, but when he finally finishes, I would see that he had drawn something so different from what I expected; animals that barely resembles the original picture of the animal.

 

“Yeah, I also remember how you would make cookies every time you have free time, I miss those one’s especially the one you made on my birthday, I remember us having too much cookies that I had to call the other guys so that it would lessen, though I did appreciate the effort you had exerted on making those, it took you a whole day seeing you pushed me out of the house for hours.” Kris said as happy memories suddenly are being reminisced.

 

“That was nothing, I loved to do it, plus it was nice seeing your reaction at that time.” I said sipping a bit of coffee as I naturally relaxed at his presence.

 

“I miss your lasagna, your home cooked meals, the image of you baking, with your attention solely being on perfection and how your eyebrows are furrowed due to concentration, how you looked adorable with that expression of yours. How dedicated you were in the things you do… It was one thing why I love you.” Kris said while looking straight at me.

 

I met his eyes bravely as I couldn’t help but feel a small tug of my lips going upward, how sweet his words were, how it was nice hearing him say that as he was someone who was not that much verbally expressive with his thoughts. It made me feel special. I felt like we were back to the time when we loved each other.

 

When I loved him.

 

When everything was perfect and content.

 

"I was hoping for you to feel the same way as before, I do miss you, a lot in fact, more than I should have." Kris said with so much intensity in his eyes that still has an effect on me.

 

Unconsciously my hand fiddled with my necklace with a ring on it; more precisely my engagement ring.

 

 I am about to be wed to Kim Hyunil.

 

Next 5 months to be exact.

 


to be continued .....

 

 

As mentioned in the tag this is a angst-tragedy fanfic. So yeah.

Kim Hyunil is Ray of C-Clown for those who doesn't know him by his real name so I wouldn't want you guys thinking I meant Lay but had a typo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next Chap is the last so thank you to those 13 new subscribers!