her life

8.2 Seconds


Her Life

 

Nari close her locker as a short-haircut girl waving a hand for her as she smiling cutely. “Go home quickly Nari-ah. The snow is about to fall heavily.” She said as she closed the door and leaving Nari just give her a nod as she tidy up her coat.

Nari walked toward the door but before she closed the door, she didn’t forget to turn off the light. She leave the small coffee shop, a place to earn money this past a year.

 I should bring my umbrella, though. She murmured under her breath. Cold wind seemed like grapping her petite body. Snow slowly falling to the ground, some sparkling granules that called snow slowly touching her hair.

Suddenly her cell-phone buzzed under her coat’s pocket. With casual slow steps, she reached her phone and pull it out. She looked at the screen, then immediately her smile appear in her face.

Yeoboseyo, Nam Umma?” She walked toward the bus stop. She slowly sat to the bench.

“Can you go to orphanage now, please?”

“W-What? Did they come again?” Her smile faded away while her heart start pounding in worry.

“Yes—“Then the line disconnected. Nari looked at her phone with fear expression. Then she looked at the bus to that head to the high-speed train railway station. She immediately ran toward the bus.

-------------------

Daehan Orphanage is a small orphanage that located in Daegu, this building occupied 12 foster children. Mrs. Nam Hyeon Ju is the caregivers. The oldest among the other 11 foster children is Nari, so she helped Mrs. Nam to take care with the foster children. When Nari turned 17 years-old, her school give her scholarship to the Seoul High School.

Recently, Daehan Orphanage suffered with financial problem. Many donators stopped their financial income to the orphanage. Then, with forced Mrs. Nam borrowed some money to the Bank to support the orphanage. But everything seemed to be worst now. Mrs. Nam can’t return the debt. And, Daehan orphanage threatened closed.

 

Nari entered the train with panting breath. It will take about 2 hours from Seoul to Daegu. Quiet long but speed train is the best solution than plane, the plane’s expense is much more expensive than speed train’s expense.

 

---------------

Nari’s Point of View

I handed the taxi driver amount of money then I looked at the old building that we called “home” for this long time. I saw Mrs. Nam cried with other 11 children in front of the orphanage. I ran toward them. In there, there’s three big men’s with black t-shirt standing there looked at my family without any concern in their face.

“Back off!” I exclaimed as suddenly their face turned to me.

“Who you?” One of those big brat men asked me with his narrowed eyes focused on me.

“I’ll pay the debt. But give me another 3 months. And I will pay the debt with the bank interest.” I said ignored his question.

Those men just give me harassing look. “You know how much your debt? 8.730.900 Won (about $8200 USD) and that still not with the interest. I can give you another 3 months but if you can’t pay the debt until the next 3 months, you’ll die.” He said as they leave us with horrible situation. So pathetic, how hard this life can be.

Suddenly, I walked towards Mrs. Nam and other my little brothers and sisters and give them a warm big hug. I missed them so much.

“Everything gonna be okay, trust me.”

 

Author’s Point of View

After that night, Kim Nari become a hardworking girl. She works more than 3 places a day. It start from 5 A.M. That was so hard for her. From 5 A.M she should sent milk to the houses and it will end at 6.30 am. After that, she should go to school until 3 PM. Start her part time job in coffee shop and then at 9 PM she should go to night club for her last job; bartender.

Honestly, Nari didn’t like her last job. She should delivering vodka to the drunken mans. Even though she’s not the other worker that called , but she just feel so insecure being the victim one.

Inner pressures from herself just make her do anything to get money for pay the debt. She always remembers herself about her family in Daegu. Fight for herself and her family, earn money for persons that she love the most.

 

01.00 AM, it’s time for the club to close. The workers start packing their things while Nari frantically looking for her phone. Suddenly a blonde haired girl that has name tag Jung An Hye asked her. “Are you looking for your phone?”

Suddenly Nari lifted up her chin and looked at An Hye. “Yes, Um—I can’t found it.” She said.

An Hye handed Nari her phone. “You leave it in bar table. You should careful.” She said as she gave her a little smile.

Nari exhaled her breath. “Thank you, okay I’ll be careful next time.” She said with smile in her face.

An Hye looked at Nari that tidied up her coat, “Your mother sent you a message. I—accidentally read them.” An Hye looked down at her high-heels.

Nari raised an eyebrow. “Ah? My Mom? Oh nope.” Then she checked up her phone and found Mrs. Nam message.

We just have 2 months or so until the specified time. I’m sorry for make you included in this situation, Nari. Don’t over worked again, we should gave up and leave the orphanage. 8.730.900 Won is not a little nominal, darling.

Nari took a glance at An Hye and start typing the reply for Mrs. Nam.

No worries Nam Umma. I’ll found the way. I love you!

Nari pulled her phone to her coat’s pocket. She cleared while she stared at An Hye. “Well—it’s so embarrassing because it’s my family personal matter, though.”  She said.

An Hye silent for a moment. “I’ll help you earn money, but don’t judge me.” She said

For unknown reason—without thinking twice Nari nodded. She really need money as soon as possible.

“Be a pretend girlfriend....wife.” She said with a firm tone and serious glare. Nari gasped but she keep her shocked expression as flat as she can.


first chapter out! enjoy<3 next chapter will be sehun's point of view!