CHAPTER 8

THIRTY EIGHT DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight

 

HYOYEON

 

 

Hyoyeon turned to his left to see his alarm clock flash 8am. He had been up hours before and sat there waiting for his alarm to go off. He pressed the big button to turn it off and stared out the window. He enjoyed the view too much that he never closed the curtains.

 

Two frustrating days had passed since the kitchen fiasco for Hyoyeon. His desire for Taeyeon  made it difficult for him to be under the same roof as her. For the past few days all he did was keep the conversations at a minimum, making sure he was gone for most of the day and only back for dinner. He spent his days down near the row club he and Sooyoung used to go to. He would spend his mornings to late afternoons on the Han River.

 

He let out all his frustrations out on his rowing. He didn’t care that his arms would burn like they had caught fire every time he made movement. But he needed to feel the pain, he didn’t need to remember the pain of not being able to touch her face or be able to hold her.

 

Hyoyeon was having trouble understanding what he actually felt for Taeyeon but he knew he had to stay away, but she was making it difficult. He remembered their small conversation the day of him being . She had prepared them lunch, which Taeyeon surprisingly didn’t burn.

 

 

 

 

 

“So uhh, Taeyeon, how do you pay for such a place like this? I mean, I don’t mean to be rude. I’m just curious,” he asked as he placed his food back down on the plate.

 

“Oh, well actually I don’t pay for the apartment, Sooyoung does,” she replied as she sipped on her glass of water.

 

“Should have figured that out, Sooyoung looks after you like you’re his world. Do you do anything besides Uni? Since, Sooyoung pays for the apartment you don’t have a job or anything?” he asked sticking to very safe topics.

 

“I do...” she paused as she placed the last bit of her food on the plate and dusted her hands of the crumbs. He curiously looked at her as she took another sip of her water.

 

“Have a job that is,” Taeyeon said. Hyoyeon  was impressed. She didn’t need a job not with her brother providing for her. He shoved the rest of his chicken in his mouth. He stared helplessly as her lips parted and he wondered what it would be like to kiss her.

 

Not the time or place, Hyoyeon! Have some self-control for God’s sake!

 

“I strip. You see, this table, I made enough to buy this in one night.” Hyoyeon removed his glare from her lips and his eyes met hers, Taeyeon’s face did not change and he realised she was not joking. Hyoyeon started to choke on the piece of chicken he was chewing on.

 

“Y-You what?” he gasped. Hyoyeon grabbed the glass in front of him and quickly drank the water to relieve the gags he was having from almost chocking. When he felt at ease he watched a smile form on her face and Taeyeon started to laugh.

 

“I’m kidding, Jesus, Hyoyeon. Take a joke! I work at The Little Bakery on the quaint little street at Insa-dong.” Taeyeon let out a laugh and she started to clear the table of both their plates. Hyoyeon sat there. He wouldn’t know what to tell Sooyoung if it were true.

 

“I make the cupcakes. Why does that surprise you?” she asked raising an eyebrow as she returned to the table. Hyoyeon shrugged, too surprised at her joke to comprehend words.

 

“I work because I like to, it gives me some sort of escape from Uni. Plus, I like making my own money. I’ve had Sooyoung giving me everything on a silver platter and I didn’t need him paying my way. So, I earn money so that one day, if Sooyoung has any financial troubles I can pay him back for the apartment. I’ve got a lot saved up and with my trust funds I have quite a bit to give him,” Taeyeon explained. Further surprising him, Taeyeon was not the selfish brat he believed she was. She was working to help provide for Sooyoung one day too.

 

Taeyeon was not the person I expected her to be. Damn it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was beginning to be difficult for Hyoyeon to be around Taeyeon. But he had to push on. She couldn’t know that he was physically attracted to her no matter how much he tried to deny it. She didn’t need to know of the things he wished he could do to her and with her. He shook the thoughts from his head and started to make his bed. They had spent two days together and he wasn’t sure how much longer he was going to last pretending he didn’t want her or need her.

 

I have to be the she expects me to be.

 

That was the only way he could survive the remaining amount of days they had left together. But first he needed to get down to the row club and let off some steam. Donghae, his rowing partner since Sunday, would literally make him row ten kilometres straight if Hyoyeon would be late. He wouldn’t shower because he would sweat and he decided to change into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. He went to the bathroom and brushed his teeth. Once he was done he stood there and stared at himself in the mirror.

 

You need to forget her.

 

Hyoyeon repeated to himself and went to the kitchen. He grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and saw that Taeyeon wasn’t awake yet. He made sure to wake up before her in the morning to avoid any more awkward situations. He went into the lounge to turn on the TV for the morning news. He flicked through the channels when he heard a knock on the door. Hyoyeon let out a groaned, got up from the couch and walked to the door before he opened it.

 

“Delivery for Choi Taeyeon,” the delivery worker said as he held out an electronic device for a signature.

 

“I’ll just get her. Wait there a second,” he told the delivery worker who was not much younger than him.

 

Hyoyeon went to Taeyeon’s bedroom door, contemplating whether he should even wake her for this delivery. But it may be something she had been expecting and with that thought he knocked on the door.

 

“Taeyeon?” he knocked. Hyoyeon heard no sounds from her side of the door.

 

“Wake up, Taeyeon!” he yelled getting a little annoyed with her. He started to hear a slight groan and then movement.

 

“What the hell do you want, Hyoyeon?” Taeyeon yelled from the other side of the door.

 

“You have a delivery,” Hyoyeon replied as he leant on the wall, waiting for her.

 

He listened as Taeyeon got out of bed and walked to the door to open it. The amount of times Taeyeon looked hot as hell, couldn’t live up to this exact moment.

 

He literally was stuck in place as he looked at her. Taeyeon wore a short blue nightdress that hugged her slender body perfectly. Her long waves were messy from sleep but only added to the appeal of her.

 

Oh, Hell!

 

He groaned slightly at the sight of her, too attractive to be Sooyoung’s little sister.Hyoyeon straightened a little to make sure she didn’t see him check her out.

 

God Taeyeon, what are you doing to me?

 

“Are you serious? This early?” she questioned with an irritated tone in her voice.

 

“I uhh, don’t know. He needs your signature,” he stammered out, trying to control his voice. She pushed past him and walked to the front door, giving him the perfect view of her and he couldn’t deny himself this view.

 

For a petite girl, Taeyeon had one perfect body, damn those curves!

 

He watched as the delivery guy’s eyes ran down Taeyeon’s body as she walked towards him.

 

He had the right idea but Hyoyeon started to feel jealously stirring inside him. He was ready to run up to the guy and punch him in the face for checking her out but that wouldn’t sit well with her. He couldn’t blame the guy for checking her out.

 

That short blue nightdress would make any man weak!

 

Hyoyeon needed to get out of there and quick. He ran to his room, grabbed his gym bag, and made his way to Taeyeon and the delivery guy. He needed to make it clear to the guy that it was hands off, he promised Sooyoung that no guy would touch her but this was just selfishly for him. He needed to show the guy he had no chance. No guy did.

 

“Taeyeon, I’ll see you tonight for dinner,” he said. Hyoyeon smiled at her, only to see her smile that heavenly smile she had right back at him. She made him a little breathless but he managed to control himself. He could see the delivery guy eye him as Taeyeon inspected the box standing in front of her.

 

“I’ll see you tonight then,” she replied to him as she started to sign the electronic device.

 

He looked at her one more time before he pushed past the delivery guy and the large box. Hyoyeon quickly saw that the sender was Sooyoung and remembered that he was sending her a birthday present. Hyoyeon had to remember to get her something while he was out tomorrow.

 

“Lucky bastard,” Hyoyeon heard the delivery guy hiss under his breath as he walked away from the both of them. That one hiss from the delivery guy brought a satisfied smile to Hyoyeon’s face.

 

I am one lucky bastard indeed.

 

 

 

 

TAEYEON

 

“Have a nice day,” she said to the delivery guy as he collected the device off her.

“Are you sure you’re gonna be able to push this inside?” he asked not looking at her face but instead at her body.

 

“I’ll be alright,” Taeyeon replied as she saw disappointment on his face.

“Thanks again,” she finally said as he turned to leave for the elevator.

 

The delivery guy had said something under his breath when Hyoyeon walked past him but she didn’t hear it. If it were that import

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter