CHAPTER 7

THIRTY EIGHT DAYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven

 

 

TAEYEON

 

Taeyeon watched, as Hyoyeon didn’t reply. He stood there staring at her like what she had said excited him. For a moment she wanted it to be true but the look on his face had her hoping not. She couldn’t see him in anyway more than her brother’s best friend. Those lines were drawn and she wasn’t going to cross them.

 

Who am I kidding? Hyoyeon had the body of a god! This is not okay!

 

Taeyeon let out a sigh and realised that no matter how good looking Hyoyeon was, she needed to keep him at a distance. Whether he had a body of a God or not, he was out of reach.

 

“Well, I’ll leave you to get dressed,” it was all she could come up with but she needed to be away from him. Their bodies close but barely touched and she didn’t want to know what that would do to her. Without waiting to hear a word from him, Taeyeon walked towards her room. There was a sense of need to walk faster but her head told her to act normal.

 

 

I don’t think I can act normal after that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the safe and private sanctuary of her room, Taeyeon looked around to see her blanket hanging off her bed and pillows thrown across the room. This was not a situation she wanted to be in. Taeyeon leaned against her door and let out an exasperated sigh. She never imagined that she’d find herself attracted to Hyoyeon in the slightest.

 

This was trouble and she knew it. Pushing off the door, she knew that she needed to make sure they stayed platonic. It would be easy for him but hard for her. Taeyeon walked over to the foot of her bed, picked up her blanket and decided that the best way to forget a Hyoyeon was to not think about a  Hyoyeon.

 

Taeyeon walked over to her bookcase and started to collect her thrown pillows. She ended up not having much sleep last night and had thrown her pillows in pure frustration. Taeyeon  knew the reason why she was frustrated, he had come to town and he had come to stay.

 

Taeyeon turned and dropped her pillows back on the bed and started to rearrange them back to perfection. Since she started to live on her own, she had a certain way she liked her apartment to look. Moving out of home as an almost eighteen year old would have been hard for any teenager but with her parents not caring, it was easier than she thought. Taeyeon wanted her parents to care and ask her to stay but they never even gave her a second of their time.

 

It was Sooyoung’s idea for her to move out and Taeyeon didn’t argue. She felt more of a burden than a daughter for her parents and she had not heard from them since. Sooyoung had his part in choosing the apartment, he made sure the research into the neighbourhood was done and left the décor to Taeyeon. She walked around her bed until she reached her large windows and pulled the curtains back. The view was the reasons she chose this apartment. Although it was smaller than the ones that Sooyoung desired, it was the magnificent view of the city that had her begging Sooyoung for the apartment. The view was worth ever penny Sooyoung spent. Like every morning, Taeyeon lowered herself onto the window seat and pulled up her legs and wrapped her arms around her knees. This view was one that calmed her and made her forget about the ruins of her complicated life. This was where she sat and thought about nothing but the beauty of the city she lived in. She was fortunate for this view and fortunate for her brother. If Sooyoung had it his way, she’d have a bigger apartment in the middle of the Gangnam. But she hated the sounds of the busy streets and the even busier people of Seoul. Taeyeon  wasn’t sure how but she managed to convince her brother that living further out from the Gangnam was a better idea and more comfortable for her to live.

 

Taeyeon untangled her arms and reached into her jeans

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter