Epilogue

The Promises He Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Background Music: Blue- Big Bang

A year later... 

It has been a year since Mel left and Kai is still waiting for her. He misses her and as days pass by, Kai's hope of Mel coming back to him is slowly fading away. Who goes on a vacation for more than a year? In the first few weeks of them being separated, the two would always send messages or call each other, sometimes they would video chat, but after a few more weeks, the messages and calls became less frequent until the two never had the time for each other.  But good thing that his friends and Mel's friends are still there to encourage and give him hope. There hasn't been a day that Kai wouldn't mention her name. He thinks of her every day. Every hour. Every minute. Every second. 

Girls would always throw themselves and confess to Kai but he never gave attention to any of them because he trusts Mel and believes that she would come to him; he believes that the day will come when Mel will be in his arms again. 

It is a dull and rainy day, another day of waiting for Kai. Everyday he just hopes that it would be the day that he has been waiting for. Kai woke up dragging his feet to the bathroom, its raining hard and Kai is lazy to go out and go to school but he has to. After finishing his daily morning routine, he rushed to school knowing that he is running late. He ran to his homeroom not wanting to be late. Unfortunately, luck is not on his side and when he arrived, classes are already starting. *Curse the rain*, He thought to himslef as he made his way inside the classroom. 

"Kim Jongin, stop right there." the teacher said and Kai immediately stopped on his tracks. "Why are you late?" the teacher asked sternly.

", got caught." he muttered. 

"Answer me." the teacher said.

"I got late because of the damn rain." he replied nonchalantly while shrugging his shoulders, making the girls in the classroom gawk at his coolness and good looks. 

"Watch your language Mr. Kim. Detention after class." the teacher said making Kai mutter some incoherent words before going to his seat. 

 

"Okay, as I was saying, you will be having a project and it will be by pairs but your partners won't be in the same class which means that I have paired you up with students from the other sections." the teacher continued her explanation about the upcoming project. 

After explaining, she announced the pairings and Kai listened so he won't miss on who his partner will be. He was hoping that it would be one of his friends. 

The teacher continued mentioning names making Kai sit on his seat in boredom until he heard his name being mentioned. 

"Kim Jongin, you will be paired up with Byun Mel." (see what i did there? ^^) she said looking at her list.

Kai's eyes widened when he heard who his partner is. 

Am I dreaming? Is it really Mel? The Mel that I have been waiting for. The Mel that I've been missing so much I could die. No. No. No Don't expect too much Jongin she might be still in China and the Mel that seonsaengnim mentioned is just someone who has the exact same name. 

Kai battled with his thougts. He ruffled his hair in frustration making some of his classmates look at him strangely. When he realized what he was doing, he looked around him only to see his classmates stare at him; he gave them an awkward smile and hung his head low in embrrassment. 

*Ahrrg look at what you've done to me Mel. I think I miss so much that I'm going insane.* he thought.

_____________________________________

After hours of sitting in class, its finally lunch break and Kai hurriedly went to the cafeteria wanting to eat because of hunger.

"Waaah~ I can finally eat after hours and hours of listening to our teac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter