Chapter 23

Is It Worth It?

Hi everyone! I'm back! Well not really, I just got writers block...for a really long time. Lol but here I am again. Sorry for those who has waited a really long time for my update. Here's an update...I'll try to write and update more often. I can't promise you guys anything so enjoy this while you can. Thank you for your continuous support.

 

Chapter 23

"Unnie!" Minzy exclaimed as she rushed to her Bommie Unnie's side once she heard a crashing sound.

Bom stood in the middle of their living room, clutching onto the morning newspaper.

Minzy could see tears well up in her eyes as her Unnie tries to keep her composure.

"Unnie, what's wrong?" Minzy went to soothe her Unnie by patting her back. It was then, she looked at what her Unnie was holding and saw the photos.

"That's?!" Minzy exclaimed when Dara came through their front door.

"Good Morning girls!" She cheerfully said. She spent the night with Wooyoung so she was fully energized and in a very good mood.

Dara stopped in her tracks as she sees Minzy soothing Bom's back as Bom clutched the newspaper like her life depended on it.

"What happened?" Dara's sisterly instinct kicked in immediately. She rushed to her members side and looked at the newspaper in Bom's hands.

"That bastard!" Dara angrily exclaimed. "Wait till I see him, I'll kill him."

Only those close to Dara would know that Dara could never hurt a fly. But once you mess with those that she loves then she will go hulk on you.

Minzy, of course, knew this. So being the mature maknae that she is, she knew she had to keep her Dara Unnie locked in their dorms and snap her Bom Unnie out of her dazed state.

"Dara Unnie, now is not the time." Minzy says as she points to Bom, indicating that they should be more worried about Bom.

"Aigoo, you're right Minzy." Dara replied, making a mental note to meet GD and give him a piece of her mind.

"Bom-ah, are you okay?" Dara asks as she tries to snap Bom back to earth.

"Unnie." Minzy tries this time and snaps her fingers in front of her Unnie's face.

"Huh?" Bom shakes her head and looks at her two members.

Dara and Minzy looked at Bom confusedly.

"You okay there?" Dara asks with concern.

"Ah, yeah. Sure. I'm fine." Bom tries to act nonchalant about it but she knew that her members won't fall for it.

"Unnie, we're here for you. You know that right?" Minzy rubs Bom's back.

"Where's Chaerin-ah?" Bom changes the subject.

"She hasn't woken up yet. Let me go check on her." Minzy replies.

"Maknae, wait. Let me go wake her up. I have something to discuss with her anyways." Bom says as she walks past Minzy towards their Leader's room.

"What's that all about?" Minzy turns to her Dara Unnie.

"Just let her be. She knows we are always here for her." Dara replies, "Now, let's get to the bottom of this. Where is my laptop?"


 

"Chaerin-ah?" Bom says as she is about to knock on the door when she notices that the door is slightly ajar.

"Chaerin?" Bom walks into the forbidden room. Their leader never leaves her door open or even unlock.

"Chaerin?!" Bom rushes to the side of Chaerin's bed to see her drenched in her own sweat, her clothes sticking to her skin.

When Bom reached out to touch Chaerin, she had to pull back a bit, surprised at how hot she was.

Dara and Minzy rushes into the room upon hearing Bom's yelling.

"Chaerin! Wake up, come on!" Bom is now yelling and trying to wake her leader.

Dara stands there, shocked, clueless of what to do.

Minzy was the only one able to keep a calm mind and began phoning their boss, YG.

 

Before YG can even say Hello, Minzy was already explaining what happened.

"Boss, Chaerin fainted. We don't know how long she's been out. She's drenched in sweat and heating up real bad. We need a doctor here right away."

 

It took a few seconds for YG to process what Minzy said but he got the main point. Chaerin. Fainted. Heating up. Doctor.

 

"Alright, try to change her clothes and wipe her down. I'll send a doctor over right away. We can't afford to have the media find out about this. Call me if anything else happens. And I'll be sending your managers over right away too. Just in case."

 

As YG hung up the phone, he let out a deep sigh. He phoned his private doctor and explained the situation. Once he was done with that, he looked down at the morning newspapers as well as the online sites. He knew that today would be a field day for him.


 

"She has a high fever so I gave her the IV drip to help stabilize her temperature and hopefully lower her fever. My nurse will return in an hour to take the IV out and check her temperature. By then, her temperature should have gone down. She needs complete rest and my nurse will return will antibiotics that she will need to take every 3 hours until she is completely healthy again."

 

"Thank you doctor." Bom said as all 3 girls bowed respectfully to the doctor. They walked the doctor to the door and said their goodbyes before they head back into Chaerin's room.

 

"What happened Chaerin-Ah?" Bom asked the still sleeping leader.

 

"Bommie, are you okay?" Dara asked as she sat next to Bom on the sofa in their leader's room.

 

"I will be fine. My problem can wait, I am worried more about Chaerin. She was never this sick before."

 

On the other side.....

Jiyong is slowly waking up when he feels arms wrapped around him.

 

It takes a few seconds for him to adjust his sight to see Kiko lying beside him. She has her arms around his waist.

 

Jiyong quickly sits up and disentangles himself from Kiko.

 

What the hell is going on?! Jiyong realizes his pants are still on. But that doesn't explain why Kiko is and in bed with him.

 

Jiyong tries to recall what happened the night before. He clearly remembers driving Kiko home. But why are they at his apartment instead?

 

"Jiyong?" Kiko stirs from the passenger seat.

 

"What are you-" Kiko throws up all over Jiyong.

 

"Urgghhhh" Jiyong says.

 

Jiyong decided to head to his apartment since its closest.

 

He carries Kiko inside and lay her on his bed as he heads into the bathroom to wash up.

 

He remembers exiting the bathroom with only his pajama bottoms on.

 

He went over to tuck Kiko in and decides that he will just send her on her way in the morning.

 

As he was tucking her in, she suddenly grabs his arm and pulls him towards her. Jiyong tries to release her grip but she wouldn't budge. So he decides to lay down next to her until she loosens it.

 

Before he knows it, he fell asleep.

 

He doesn't recall anything else happening between them. He doesn't know how Kiko is but he concludes that she must've taken it off while she was asleep.

 

Jiyong decides to wash up and figure out what to do with Kiko now.

 

Once he's done, he sees his notification light blinking on his phone.

 

When he unlocks it, he sees numerous missed calls and messages from s, manager and YG.

 

He decides to call YG because YG rarely calls him and it got Jiyong wondering what's going on for everyone to be blowing up his phone.

 

Before he could call back YG, he receives a phone call from Dara.

 

Now this caught his attention because why would the fresh face vocal of 2NE1 be calling him?

 

Jiyong press answer and before he could even say Hello, Dara is yelling.

 

"Kwon Jiyong! How dare you make her cry?! How dare you play with her! I can't wait to get my hands on you! I want to bury you alive! If only it was legal for me to do that!"

 

"Noona! What are you talking about?"

 

"Oh don't blame dumb on me! That won't work on me. Where are you? I'll come to you so I can strangle you!"

 

"What's going on?! I seriously don't have any idea what you're talking about?"

 

"You really don't have any clue?"

 

"None whatsoever. Wait...is Bom okay?!"

 

"I don't know what games you're playing at Kwon Jiyong but you stay away from Bommie from now on. Don't show your face to her...ever"

 

Before Jiyong could reply, the line signals that Dara hung up.

 

What the hell is going on?! Jiyong thinks to himself.

 

His phone rings again and this time it's YG

 

"Hello" Jiyong answers

 

"It's nice to know you finally can answer your phone. I'm sending your manager to pick you up. Don't go anywhere and come straight to my office." YG replies before hanging up without waiting for Jiyong to answer him back.


 

2NE1 Dorms

Chaerin begins to stir awake. The girls are immediately at her side.

 

"Rinnie?" Dara carefully says.

 

Chaerin looks up to the worried faces of her girls.

 

"What's going on?" Chaerin asks as she tries to sit up but the pounding in her head causes her to lay back down.

 

"Here drink some water and take these pills" Bom hands Chaerin the medication from the doctor and a cup of water.

 

Chaerin obediently does what her Unnie tells her to do.

 

"What happened?" She asks once she swallows everything.

 

"We found you sweating and with a high fever. We called YG and he sent a doctor to check on you. You are to rest today and YG gave us the rest of the day off." Bom explained.

 

"Are you okay Unnie?" Minzy finally speaks up. This was a first seeing her leader so sick.

 

Before Chaerin can answer, her phone started vibrating on her bedside table. She looked at the caller ID, Seunghyun and turned off her phone.

 

Her girls saw the hurt flash across their leader's face when she did that.

 

"Pudong-Ah?" Dara carefully calls out to her Baby Rin.

 

Chaerin looked up at her girls and couldn't hold the tears back when flashes of the night before goes through her head.

 

The 3 members quickly rushed to their leader's side and hugged her. They have seen their leader shed tears before but the pained look on her face broke their heart.


I