Flour In My Hair

By My Will

"Misa! How many times do I have to tell you not to blog when you're working?" My boss, Jen, smacked me with her towel though there was a smile in her eyes.

"You can keep telling me, but I'm going to keep doing it." I shrugged, laughing as I stole the towel from her hands.

"I so wish I could fire you." She rolled her eyes, snatching it back from me.

"But you love me?" I called after her as she went off to the storage room.

"No, you're a fantastic baker and I need you," she said, slamming down a bin of flour in front of me.

"What's this?" I asked in mock amazement, staring at the four in complete bewilderment.

"It's flour, Misa. We need more pies. I got an order for cherry, apple, and pear clove. Can you handle it?" Jen asked, reading off her list of orders.

"Yes ma'am!" I beamed at her.

"Without touching your computer?" She raised an eyebrow.

"No ma'am!" I beamed at her once more, taking the flour out and rolling my sleeves up.

"Brat," Jen mumbled.

"I heard you!" I sang and continued on with my work.

There were very few things I took seriously in life. There were actually only two things I took seriously in life: baking and my website. Those were the two things that I could focus on if I ever needed some time alone or to think things through. 

About two years ago, I started my simple website. Over time it grew and gained popularity. All it was, really, was me attempting to help other girls getting what they wanted from life. I thought of the idea when I realized that I was perfectly content with who I was. I loved my body, my job, and my life. My dream was to help spread that lovely feeling to everyone else in the world. So from there, I started a website where girls could get tips, pointers, and questions answered. If one girl wanted something, just by my will I would make it happen.

Baking was another thing I found solace in. I had been baking for myself and friends mostly until one day I stumbled upon Jen's little bakery. Jen had moved from France a couple years back and wanted to bring a taste of home with her. So she opened a small cafe that mostly took orders for special occasions or just wanting to stuff your face with pie.

"Cherry!" I called, brandishing the fresh pie from the oven. 

"I'll box it." Jen called back, coming forth.

"It's hot." I warned, waggling my eyebrows at her.

"I know. I swear one of these days I'm going to shove your face in a pie." Jen shook her head as she went off to the back.

"That'd be lovely!" I laughed after her.

As I brushed the flour from my apron, the telltale dinging of the door called to my attention. Eyeing the doorway Jen had left from, I decided that it was most likely my responsibility this time. Pasting on my smile that I reserved especially for customers, I emerged from the kitchen with a bounce in my step.

"Do you have an order?" I asked, looking at the screaming mob of girls outside rather than the customers.

"No. Do we have to have one?" They asked with a worried tone.

"Nope." I shook my head, still staring at the screaming girls.

I was met by silence and finally walked out from behind the counter to show them to a table, eyes still locked onto the mob. Met by various thanks, I went back behind the counter while still watching the crazy scene outside.

"Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!" I gurgled rather unattractively. There was a snicker of laughter behind me, but I chose to ignore it.

"What?" She snapped from the back room.

"We have people." I dragged the word out as if the idea of people in our shop was the most detestible thing.

"Yeah?" She called back.

"Can you handle it?" I asked, searching for my order pad.

"No! I'm busy. I trained you to do this when I hired you. Just take their orders and give them what they want. It's not that hard!" Jen sounded annoyed, but I knew she was probably smiling.

"But it's hard." I pouted.

"Boo hoo!" She laughed as I finally settled for an old notepad that I found.

Rolling my eyes, I walked back out from the counter to finally look at the six men I had seated. They all had smiles as if they were holding back laughter and I knew more than anything that it was me they were laughing at.

"'Sup." I saluted to them, earning laughter.

"I swear if you say 'sup to the customers!" I could hear Jen faintly warn from the back room.

"Are you aware you have company?" I asked, looking back up at the crowd which had now cleared for the most part.

"Yep." One of them nodded at me.

"Dude, your voice is so low I can't eve-," I laughed before pulling myself together, "whatcha guys want? Anything that's in the case is at your disposal."

I swiveled around at that moment to point rather dramatically at the display case, almost losing my balance. I steadied myself on their table by leaning against it as if I had planned to do that. 

"Smooth." One cracked a smile at me. 

"Oh, I try, honey. I'll be bak in a few to let you make up your minds without my fat blocking your view." I smirked, walking back behind the counter t find what was taking Jen so long. 

"I'm hiding." Jen announced when I came across her sitting on the shelf amongst our baking supplies. 

Rather than saying anything, I simply raised my eyebrow at the older woman. She seemed quite content there, sitting with boxes, that it was almost comical. 

"They're cute." She waggled her eyebrows at me with a cheeky smile. 

"Jen!" I smacked her with a towel which was laying on the table. 

"They're your age too." She smirked, poking m stomach as she raised her eyebrows suggestively. 

"Jen!" I smacked her again. "Why don't you do your job?"

"They're seated in your zone." She shrugged. 

"There's five tables in the place!" I cried in indignation as I went back out. 

"Don't be too sassy or they might not come back with their cute butts!" She called out to me and I rolled my eyes. 

"Did ya decide?" I asked the table of six, laughing. 

They gave me their orders which I quickly brought out and began to eat quite zealously. I retreated to the other side of the counter where I began to update my site via mobile. There was a girl who was in love with her best friend who needed a lot more attention than these six men with the crazy fan girls. 

"Fan girls..." I muttered to myself, looking up at them. 

Where had I seen these six men? They had to be famous with that mob following them, but who were they? They seemed so normal that I never would of thought that they were idols. Sure they were attractive, but not all pretty people are idols. Who were these six men in our cozy little cafe?

"Oi!" I called out to them, looking up from my phone in time to see one of them choke on their cake in shock at my crass shout. 

"Who made the cheesecake?" Another cut me off. 

"I did. I make everything. But that's not the point." I shook my head. "Where have I seen you before?"

They exchanged wary glances as if what they were about to tell me would kill me. I simply blinked at them, walking out from behind the counter to clear their plates and give them questioning looks. 

"We're idols." One, who I assumed was their leader, confessed in a sigh. 

"Well I'm not stupid. The mob of girls told me that much. I mean like, y'know, names?" I shrugged, coming out from the kitchen with their check. 

"Oh...well, we are BAP, yessir!" They shouted in unison with some sort of salute. 

"Real cute." I laughed which seemed to shock them. 

"And my name is Yongguk. This is Jongup, Youngjae, Zelo, Daehyun, and Himchan," he said slowly, bewildered by my reaction or lack thereof. 

"Well, nice meeting you," I said with a grin, saluting them as I ring them up and they left they shop. 

"You too. The food was great," the one named Daehyun bowed politely, "and you, uh, you've got flour in your hair."

"Fantastic."