Something about you

School Life

 

Ruki stood in front of the mirror in his bathroom, looking over himself. He had just gotten out of the shower, and was assessing the wounds his father had made. Bruises lining the inside of his thighs trailed up his hips to his stomach, back and shoulders. His father was careful not to leave any marks that people could see, and Ruki was careful to change in privacy when in Gym. He knew how upset his father would be with him if it ever got out to anybody that the CEO of the biggest company in the country his own son. Besides, Ruki didn't really want to deal with the glances and gossip of the kids at school if anyone saw. Sighing, Ruki looked away from the disapproving mirror and went to get dressed. It was Friday evening, and Ruki was getting ready for the little party he and his new friends were going to. Supposedly it was hosted by a friend of theirs that he had yet to meet. Ruki wondered why he had not met this friend yet. Had he been away? Or did he not go to their school? Did he even go to school at all? Ruki didn't really care if the guy went to school or not, lately he had wanted a taste of something dangerous, something wrong and against the rules. Anything to forget what had happened between him and his father last night.

Dressing, Ruki looked again at himself. He looked miserable. There were dark circles under his eyes and he looked like he hadn't slept well in months. Sighing, Ruki started applying make up to his face in order to cover it up and make him look like he was supposed to. As he did, his thoughts travelled back to what had happened earlier today.

Ruki walked into the cafeteria in hopes that nobody had noticed his absence. He was tired and sitting outside and moping, and just wanted to forget what had happened, at least while he could. However, as he entered the cafeteria, he immediately noticed a screaming Tora being pulled off of Aoi, whose lip was bleeding. "What the did you do to him, you stupid mother er?" Tora screamed as he was held back from Aoi. Ruki sighed. Obviously, he just couldn't get away from the drama anywhere. Turning around, Ruki started to walk out of the cafeteria, letting Reita follow him out, despite his wish to once again be alone.

Ruki, now ready to go, walked out of his room, putting his wallet in his back pocket. "Where are you going?" he heard his father ask, but Ruki refused to answer him. He didn't need to show him respect anymore. Not when his father clearly had none for him, or the father-son bond they used to have. Now all they had was a broken bond that would never be healed. Ruki had been used for his father's filthy, selfish purposes and as far as he was concerned now, he didn't have a father.

Storming out the door, Ruki was glad to see Reita's beat up truck outside waiting for him. He really didn't know what to do if the other hadn't arrived to pick him up yet. His father could have come outside and yelled at him, or dragged him back inside. Despite the braveness he had just shown, Ruki was frightened of his father. He didn't trust the man now, and he wasn't sure what he would do if something else were to happen. Ruki smiled and got into Reita's truck, taking his hand once he had settled down in his seat. Ever since lunch, holding Reita's hand had become a comfort for him. Something that helped calm him down and boy he sure did need it now. His hands were shaking as he started to fear the repercussions of his actions towards his father.

Reita looked over at the other worriedly. Ruki's hands were shaking, and although he still blushed when the other took his hand, he was more worried about what might be the cause of the other's shakes. "Ruki, are you alright? What happened?" Reita was starting to get the sneaking suspicion that whatever happened to Ruki now was the same reason that he had been limping earlier. Looking back to the house, he didn't see anything or anybody. Was there something bad going on behind those doors? Reita surely hoped not, but his gut told him otherwise.

"It's nothing, Rei," Ruki said quietly, taking Reita's thoughts away from the house as he blushed at the nickname, but didn't say anything. He kind of liked it. He liked that Ruki had his own little nickname for him. It made him feel good, and it was one step closer to getting Ruki to like him, though it didn't seem he would need much since the shorter kept holding his hand. Reita knew that it was to help Ruki calm down, but Reita could help liking it. "Let's just go, Rei. We don't want to be late." Ruki's voice once again brought Reita from his thoughts, and the blonde nodded, starting the truck and driving off, keeping his fingers laced with the others.

~!~

As they pulled onto the street the house party was on, Ruki saw tons of cars parked along the road, and there was no mistaking the house the party was at. All lights were on, and music was blasting through the open windows and doors. Happy people were heard talking all around. Ruki could only guess what the neighbours thought of this party. Getting out of Reita's truck, he and Reita walked up to the house. Ruki looked up at the house nervously as they got close. "The other's are here?" Reita nodded and smiled and the other, squeezing his hand reassuringly. "It's your friend that's hosting it?" Ruki said, starting to sound more worried. He had never been to a big party before, or any party that had more than four people. He was afraid, but didn't he want something dangerous? Or at least something out of his comfort zone? He wanted to do something, and here was the perfect opportunity right in front of him. Reita nodded.

"Yeah, he's pretty cool," Reita said, looking over, "Are you ok with this? We don't have to go if you don't want to." Ruki shook his head quickly. He wanted this. He wanted to know the excitement of parties and drinking and having fun with no worries. Smiling, he took Reita's hand and went into the house excitedly. Looking around, Ruki smiled big. There were so many people. The house was packed. Reita smiled as it seemed the other was happy and enjoying himself. He was worried that the other would be uncomfortable at a party like this. Reita himself wasn't really a big fan, but he could have fun. It just wasn't really his sort of thing. "Do you want a drink, Ru?" Reita asked, grinning as he finally found his own little nickname for the other. He hoped the other would take it alright. Ruki didn't seem to mind, and nodded happily. Waiting by the stairwell, he smiled at the surrounding people. This looked like fun. He wondered who it was that was so popular that a good third of the school was here. Since Reita, and many people afterwards, had said that Aoi was the most popular in school, Ruki had to wonder just who was this mysterious person? And how is it that his small group of friends considered themselves friends with him? He was just going to have to wait and see!

~!~

Ruki was sitting out back with Reita, Kai and Tora. They had met up with their friends not long after they had gotten there. Now they had claimed the patio set out back and were all working on their third or fourth drinks, laughing and having a good time. "So Reita, have you seen Uru yet? Supposedly, he's around here somewhere…" Kai spoke to Reita as they chatted away. Ruki seemed uninterested in the conversation, his head swimming as the contents of the alcohol started to take effect. He had never really drunk alcohol before, so the third beer was already starting to get to him. Ignoring his friends' energetic chatter, he looked around the party curiously, though really had no good reason. As his eyes scanned over the people, they stopped on the most beautiful girl he had ever set eyes on. Ruki stared in awe. If he ever thought he could be gay, and he had in fact thought of that many times since meeting Reita, then all those thoughts flew out of his mind as soon as he saw the girl. The shoulder length, thick blond hair framed her beautiful face perfectly. Ruki swore she had the face of an angel. If Ruki could anybody, right here, right now, it would be her. his lips as he stared, he was shocked when Reita waved her down. Staring at his friend in shock, Ruki gasped. What the hell was he doing? The blonde girl smiled and started walk over to them. Think, Ruki! What are you going to do? Obviously she saw you staring at her, what are you going to say?

"Ruki, this is Uruha." Wait, what? Ruki stared at Reita. Did he just hear Reita correctly? This beautiful girl, who Ruki would throw all thoughts of homouality away for, was the person they were friends with? The one who was hosting this party? The guy who was hosting this party? Ruki stared at Reita, then Uruha, then back to Reita, and back to the blonde. "Hi," Uruha said, in what was obviously a male's voice. How could Ruki have just thought all those things about a guy? Yeah, sure, the guy was more girl-like then half the girls at this party, but still! Ruki blushed and waved to the blonde, embarrassed. Reita noticed and chuckled. "Thought Uruha here was a girl?" Ruki blushed, not sure if admitting to it would be rude towards the man he barely knew or not.

"That's ok," Uruha spoke up, smiling at them all, "Most of the world does. That's how I make a living." Ruki looked at the other confused before Kai spoke up. "Ruki, Uruha used to go to school with us, but he was withdrawn last year when he got a modeling job." Ruki nodded to show he understood, and made room for Uruha to sit next to them. Now that he was aware that there was nothing really overly special about Uruha, he could return to thinking of Reita…Wait, what? Where did that come from? Ruki was so confused about his thoughts and feelings right now. What was he thinking, that he was attracted to Reita? That he somehow had a secret crush on his new best friend? That just wasn't right…but yet, that was what Ruki wanted right? And he couldn't deny that he hadn't thought about it…every time he saw those muscles, something just happens to him. His stomach feels like it has butterflies and he even admits to feel a slight bit of excitement in his lower regions. Ruki smiled and rested his head on his hands and watched Reita as he talked excitedly with Uruha, sipping his drink occasionally with those perfect lips.

Just as Ruki started to get comfortable with the idea of having a secret crush on Reita, and feeling content to watch him all night, he spotted the person he least wanted to see standing by the back door of the large house. Ruki sat up straight, looking at the boy in fear. What was he doing here? Did someone invite him? The dark haired boy looked over and spotted Ruki, eyebrows raising, shocked to see him. Ruki trembled and looked away. "U-um, does anyone need another drink?" he said quickly, standing up as Aoi started to walk over to them. Everyone nodded and Ruki ran quickly away, sneaking back into the house, avoiding Aoi all together. Going to the kitchen, Ruki started filling cups with beer for his friends. Holding out the third cup for the beer, Ruki yelped as he felt arms wrap around his waist. Freezing, Ruki's eyes widened and his breathing stopped momentarily. Slowly, he turned around in the other's arms, shaking in fear already knowing who it would be. Aoi smiled down at him softly before taking his hand and leading him away from the majority of people, leading him to the upstairs living room where only a couple was sitting, making out on the couch. Ruki looked around, frightened as he was led away from the partiers. One look from Aoi, and the couple left the room. Aoi sat down and pulled Ruki down with him.

Whimpering, Ruki pulled his legs to his chest and sat as far away from the other as possible, too afraid to do much else. What did he want from him? Was he going to beat him up again? Was that the plan? Ruki's mind went off on a rant for what must have been the hundredth time, thanks to the alcohol. He knew the other was looking at him rather intensely, and it scared him. What was he thinking? What was he planning on doing? Ruki was so sure that the other was going to hurt him, that it completely caught him off guard when he felt the raven haired boy's lips on his own, his hand moving to cup his cheek. Ruki's eyes were wide, and he froze. He didn't know what to do. It didn't last long though, before Aoi moved away looking at the other, his cheek. "Ruki, I'm sorry about yesterday…," Aoi spoke. Ruki was still breathless from the kiss; he couldn't do anything but nod. "I didn't want to hurt you, but Die and Toshiya wouldn't let me live it down if I didn't." Ruki looked at the other. Wait, what? Tonight was turning out to be quite the confusing night!

"W-What are you saying?" Ruki said quietly, looking at the other. Was this some sort of weird confession? One look at Aoi gave Ruki his answer. "Ruki, do you know what the school would do to me if they found out that I liked you? If they found out I liked a boy! I couldn't let them think that…" Ruki looked at him. "So…you like me?" Ruki was dumbfounded. Didn't this kid hate him only yesterday? Oh wait, he had just explained it was his friends that insisted on beating him up, not Aoi. Well then! "Yes, Ruki, I have since I first saw you." Aoi's voice was quiet, and Ruki was shocked to find, quite fragile. The raven haired boy was vunerable. Ruki could have taken advantage of this moment, and made Aoi look like a fool. He wouldn't have to worry about the boy ever bothering him again, but…he felt something towards the boy too, a realization Ruki was shocked to find out. Ruki looked at the boy. He was so confused. In just one week, he not only went from being straight to bi-curious, but he now had two possible love interests, both boys! Ruki figured, I don't have anything to lose by trying this out with Aoi. Unless it's all a gag, in which at least I'll still have my friends. "Ruki," Aoi turned his attention back to him, "Could we…try this?" Ruki's heart almost stopped. Did Aoi just ask if they would go out together? Like dating? "Secretly, of course…I don't want this to get out to the school." Of course not, Ruki thought, that would take him from top of the ladder to in the mud at the bottom of the social ladder. Ruki understood. And he, too, was curious and wanted to know what it was like. He had nothing better to do with his spare time, and any time away from home would be a relief. Still, Ruki hesistated. What would his friends say? They all hate Aoi. But they wouldn't know, would they, since they were planning on keeping it a secret. Ruki smiled and nodded. "Ok…," Ruki's voice was soft and fragile also, still trembling, though now with excitement, not fear. Aoi smiled happily, and before he knew it, Aoi's lips were on his again. This time, Ruki kissed back.